Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. V5 Updated for DEI 1,1 .

CHANGELOG

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    v1:

1.When at least one of two units that battle each other is keeping its formation there are only short choreographies, not matched combat. It is possibly more realistic and historically accurate for armies which were relying on formations such as the greek and roman army because the soldiers were forming a shield wall and waiting for the enemy soldier to make the wrong move and kill him.

2.When there are fighting two non formation keeping units with each other there is matched combat because every soldier fights on his own.

3.Javelins thrown during charge are not arching. And soldiers hit by those javelins do not react as if they have been hit by artillery.

4.Biger clashing animations percentage.

v2:

• Kill rate decreased.

v3:

• Fixed charging animations and now they won't be followed by matched combat and the units will keep their formation. Now when a unit charges against a formation keeping unit it looκs like they hit on a solid shield. wall.

v3.5 :
    • Removed secondary attack, the attack animations that made soldiers fall dead as if they were hit by an invisible arrow.

v4 (For version with barbarian unit spacing):
    • Fixed bug with barbarian soldiers spinning like beyblades.

v5
    • More battle animations for more cinematic battles. This would never be possible whithout Petro who allowed me to use the animation files from his "More Bloody Animations" mod. (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=339901182)
    • Added back secondary attack animations.

Barbarian unit spacing:

I changed the unit spacing for barbarian units that don't have as a special ability any formation so they will look like disorganized groups. Pictures below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rome2 2014-08-19 14-31-57-00.jpg 
Views:	2217 
Size:	348.9 KB 
ID:	312380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rome2 2014-08-19 14-26-32-99.jpg 
Views:	1700 
Size:	276.0 KB 
ID:	312378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rome2 2014-08-19 14-26-39-94.jpg 
Views:	1620 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	312379

Note** If a formation keeping unit is fighting with a barbarian unit with this disorganised spacing it will not keep it's frontline as strictly as in the version that doesn't have this addon.

Some elite barbarian units have random spacing because otherwise, for unknown reason, some low tier barbarian units were also forming lines.

Sorry for my English

Download Links:
    With random barbarian unit spacing:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Without random barbarian unit spacing:

VHAB+KAMs Faster Battles 2.0.

After some requests, I made a version of this mod that combines both the changes of VHAB and KAMs Faster Battles Mod.

Download Links

With KAMs faster Killrate

With slower Killrate

I also recommend Mesthione's slower battle mod's new version which combines his fantastic changes on battle pace with my changes on battle animations.

Link for Mesthione's mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wer-Battle-Mod

Compatibility:
    This submod is compatible with any other submod except:

• Any submod that changes "kv_rules" .
    • Any submod that changes unit spacing. ( For the version with barbarian units spacing) .
    • Any mod that changes th matched combat tables in the animation files.

Thanks to:

Petro, who gave me acces to his animation files.
    KAM, who gave me permission to make the combined version.
    You all for downloading this mod, for your feedback and for giving me a motivation to constantly trying to improve it.

Please write your opinion about this mod.
    Last edited by mester; November 29, 2015 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Update

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles.

You should increase combat duration.
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

mester's Avatar Tiro

How can I change the combat duration?

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    You should increase combat duration.
    There is a submod for DEI wich icreases battle duration slightly. Below is the link to the thread. If you download it just make sure that it's below my mod in the mod manager.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wer-Battle-Mod

This sounds really cool. I will try it out with bubba777's battle mod and see how it goes. Thanks.

Does this play well with merkats and doctors submods? and maybe even ancient battle overhaul?

Thx

sounds great

mester's Avatar Tiro

It shurely plays with meerkat's mod and ancient battle overhaul but I don't know how it plays with doctor's submod.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Ancient battle overhaul may not let to be matched combat also during a battle between two non formation keeping units. I'm not sure.

I'm loving your submod!

As someone else pointed out though, battles feel vanilla now. I had a unit of Iberi Caetrati fighting against some low tier suebi unit and a little over 20 seconds into the engagement the suebi units were already wavering and routing, they eventually stopped routing and came back for a second round of fighting, and fought for a little while longer the second time, but I was just confused as to why at first all of the suebi units were wavering as soon as the fighting started

Which tables do you edit to adjust the animations for combat?

Quote Originally Posted by shawn858 View Post
    I'm loving your submod!

As someone else pointed out though, battles feel vanilla now. I had a unit of Iberi Caetrati fighting against some low tier suebi unit and a little over 20 seconds into the engagement the suebi units were already wavering and routing, they eventually stopped routing and came back for a second round of fighting, and fought for a little while longer the second time, but I was just confused as to why at first all of the suebi units were wavering as soon as the fighting started
    I am seeing this as well.

mester's Avatar Tiro

I don't know really how this happens. I noticed it also, I only changed from "man_battle_ entities" the unit accelaration and charge speed. From kv_rules I changed only the values of "melee_formed_charge_matched_combat_percentage" to 100, "melee_formed_vs_formed_matched_combat_percentage" to -50,"melee_formed_vs_free_matched_combat_percentage" to -50 and from the projectiles tables i changed the melee units javelins trajectory sight to "low" and shockwave radious to"-1". As you see I've only made changes wich have mostly visual value. There is a submod for DEI wich increases the battle duration, here's the link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wer-Battle-Mod

mester's Avatar Tiro

I have seen the units routing and attacking again but not their banners flashing during that routing, so maybe the changes I made are making the AI to order the units to retreat and charge again.

Quote Originally Posted by mester View Post
    I have seen the units routing and attacking again but not their banners flashing during that routing, so maybe the changes I made are making the AI to order the units to retreat and charge again.
    Oh, I definitely don't mind the enemy retreating momentarily so I can reform my line, seeing as how that's how battles worked historically. Its just i'm not so sure why they break so quick the first time.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by shawn858 View Post
    Oh, I definitely don't mind the enemy retreating momentarily so I can reform my line, seeing as how that's how battles worked historically. Its just i'm not so sure why they break so quick the first time.
    I ran the game with DEI but without my mod and some of the enemy units broke after losing only two soldiers and then they came back to battle so I think it's not my fault. Also I haven't modified any table that has to do with unit morale.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. Update 18/8/14. Battles last longer now.

V2: Released with really lowered kill rates.

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. New version with random unit spacing for barbarians.

Suebi Sloxones aren't changed.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]More visually historicaly accurate battles. New version with random unit spacing for barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy2 View Post
    Suebi Sloxones aren't changed.
    Thank you for informing me. I fixed that problem and replaced the uploaded file with the fixed one.

Thanks, that's great. This mod is a real nice change.

This looks very interesting, I'll be sure to give it a try.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast