Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Imperator: Rome - new Paradox title

Default Re: Imperator: Rome - new Paradox title

I forgot the Hellenistic pack. (oops)

The discount kicks in if you purchase 30 USD or more (I don't know off hand in BP, but it looks equivalent if you are saying 5 BP)
    Buying the game would give you a discount. There is also a red package in which I assume it is possible to earn enough points to get another 5 off.

I have pre-ordered just two games; Heart of Iron 4 (I was teaching WW2 history at the time and I was already playing HoI3) and now 3K. Why? I am married and between Chinese New Year and Christmas, my wife was agreeable to spending that much. My wife is Chinese and I live in China, so I have a strong interest.

I personally see no issue preordering especially with free stuff with it. Games are going to be buggy these days. With the current technology, a buggy game is far less detrimental than in the old days.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

@herne many thanks!

@anna_gein Ironically I'm getting fatigued because total war isn't releasing any more DLC!

Azorica's Avatar Foederatus

Can't say i'm not hyped...

But at the same time I fear that all these new features will result in a less than brilliant launch. They have done worse with simpler things.

Also I fear a DLC whoring as seem to be common pratice with Paradox lately.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Imperator Rome is 25% off on GreenManGaming with the promo code SPQR25 https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/imperator-rome-pc/
    I don't know how long the promo will last for, and it does mean you have to pre-order the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azorica View Post
    Can't say i'm not hyped...

But at the same time I fear that all these new features will result in a less than brilliant launch. They have done worse with simpler things.

Also I fear a DLC whoring as seem to be common pratice with Paradox lately.
    It isn't really "whoring." They publish a base game. Overtime, they "add" new features thus prolonging the lifespan of the game. The alternative is that they add limited features and every 2 or 3 years add a new base game. Plus, and all fairness, with each DLC there is always free content as well.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

when you start a new game you can select gender equality option, hahhahaa this millenia is doomed.

Patch 1.1 is coming around June time with a hot fix (patch 1.01) arriving next week.

Overall it's a good foundation for free updates along side expansions ala EU4 and such.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't get how the game is being bamboozled by paradox fans now they praise RII and total war.

Shocking.

Thus one looks absolutely bland and early reviews suggest the same.

Mike Louis's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    when you start a new game you can select gender equality option, hahhahaa this millenia is doomed.
    I always select the gender equality option and then select the embrace social equality decision so that I have a better selection of advisors and generals. High martial stat characters are scarce enough has it is without limiting myself to only half the adult characters. Best of all the gender equality option only affects your realm so that you won’t see the AI ahistorically using female generals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Louis View Post
    I always select the gender equality option and then select the embrace social equality decision so that I have a better selection of advisors and generals. High martial stat characters are scarce enough has it is without limiting myself to only half the adult characters. Best of all the gender equality option only affects your realm so that you won’t see the AI ahistorically using female generals.
    thats an interesting insight for someone like me who is still learning the ropes. thanks.

here is my attempt to begin a new campaign and learn how to play the game on the go: https://youtu.be/2g7yh6QYGSg

Another source of possible advisers is not to kill your opponents after winning a war just for the popularity. Well I haven't used that myself

I've already started to use mods

Tired of just building the four types of building? I haven't used this yet

Buildings+ mod

Adds nine additional buildings to choose from and adjusts the modifiers granted by buildings.

Town Hall - Local Tax +10%
    Marketplace - Commerce Income +10%
    Training Camp - Local Manpower +10%
    Fortress - Fort Level +1
    Granary - Local Population Growth +0.1%
    Court - Local Unrest -1
    Watchtower - Hostile Attrition +1
    Barracks - Supply Limit +10%
    Library - Local Citizen Output +10 and Local Citizen Happiness +10%
    Temple - Local Freeman Output +10 and Local Freeman Happiness +10%
    Inn - Local Tribesman Output +10 and Local Tribesman Happiness +10%
    Workshop - Local Slave Output +10 and Local Slave Happiness +10%
    Theatre - City Provincial Loyalty +0.10

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1723995100

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    thats an interesting insight for someone like me who is still learning the ropes. thanks.

here is my attempt to begin a new campaign and learn how to play the game on the go: https://youtu.be/2g7yh6QYGSg
    That's a bold attempt to show it to the public, Sarkiss! I'm definitely gonna take a look!

I'm gonna give it a try myself, too. I've seen a couple of reviews saying that the game is indeed a bit shallow, but given the fact that this will be my first Pardox game it'll still be a huge learning curve for me.

And the map looks simply gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    Another source of possible advisers is not to kill your opponents after winning a war just for the popularity. Well I haven't used that myself

I've already started to use mods

Tired of just building the four types of building? I haven't used this yet

Buildings+ mod

Adds nine additional buildings to choose from and adjusts the modifiers granted by buildings.

Town Hall - Local Tax +10%
    Marketplace - Commerce Income +10%
    Training Camp - Local Manpower +10%
    Fortress - Fort Level +1
    Granary - Local Population Growth +0.1%
    Court - Local Unrest -1
    Watchtower - Hostile Attrition +1
    Barracks - Supply Limit +10%
    Library - Local Citizen Output +10 and Local Citizen Happiness +10%
    Temple - Local Freeman Output +10 and Local Freeman Happiness +10%
    Inn - Local Tribesman Output +10 and Local Tribesman Happiness +10%
    Workshop - Local Slave Output +10 and Local Slave Happiness +10%
    Theatre - City Provincial Loyalty +0.10

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1723995100
    oh thats very interesting, thanks for sharing. though im not clear how they are displayed - do these building show up in the UI with their own icon?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    That's a bold attempt to show it to the public, Sarkiss! I'm definitely gonna take a look!

I'm gonna give it a try myself, too. I've seen a couple of reviews saying that the game is indeed a bit shallow, but given the fact that this will be my first Pardox game it'll still be a huge learning curve for me.

And the map looks simply gorgeous!
    thanks Seleukos. map is indeed gorgeous. and the period covered in particular is what sells it to me. there is quite a learning curve, i found. being the noob that i am, there isnt much evidence of shallowness at this stage, and in fact it may even be a good thing for the beginners. hope you'd enjoy it.

@Sarkiss yes they do as far as I know. Though I haven't tried that yet particular in my current play through.

@Seleukos I Nikkator
    Approx 2 minutes in of this episode of a Sparta playthrough there's taking about the modding potential of Imperator.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1n3j-8l2Rc

Pretty good to see a positive view of the game. Though he's aware of it's fualts that need addressing.

I'll sum up Imperator as a pretty good wargame (yes even better than Hearts of Iron 3) if you like Total War and the time period it's a good place to start as a Paradox title.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Hey guys, I've been working on a mod first of all to satisfy my own interest, but hopefully, if it proceeds well, I could release it. The reason I'm working on it is that being fond of eastern Hellenistic kingdoms, I've attempted to play with the Seleukids or the Antigonids, but I've found the game to be somewhat bland. Then I figured, if I could turn the game back to say 321 BC, the time of the Treaty of Triparadisos, I can get all the Macedonian satraps, trying to kill off each other, which makes the game ten times more interesting. Check out some screenshots I took, and tell me if you're interested.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note about some issues:
    1) Paradox has not (yet, hopefully) enabled us to change the starting date by modding, so I can't practically create a 321 BC starting date.
    2) There is scarce information for most of these satraps, most of whom died in the Diadochi Wars while a few survived and served under Seleukos. Don't expect any historical families, besides the generals themselves. As for their age, I've just assumed most grew up with Alexander, or were generally in his age, which is 34 in 321 BC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019_05_02_2.jpg   2019_05_02_4.jpg   2019_05_02_5.jpg  
    Last edited by Manuel I Komnenos; May 01, 2019 at 05:46 PM.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    Hey guys, I've been working on a mod first of all to satisfy my own interest, but hopefully, if it proceeds well, I could release it. The reason I'm working on it is that being fond of eastern Hellenistic kingdoms, I've attempted to play with the Seleukids or the Antigonids, but I've found the game to be somewhat bland. Then I figured, if I could turn the game back to say 321 BC, the time of the Treaty of Triparadisos, I can get all the Macedonian satraps, trying to kill off each other, which makes the game ten times more interesting. Check out some screenshots I took, and tell me if you're interested.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note about some issues:
    1) Paradox has not (yet, hopefully) enabled us to change the starting date by modding, so I can't practically create a 321 BC starting date.
    2) There is scarce information for most of these satraps, most of whom died in the Diadochi Wars while a few survived and served under Seleukos. Don't expect any historical families, besides the generals themselves. As for their age, I've just assumed most grew up with Alexander, or were generally in his age, which is 34 in 321 BC.
    well done, a very interesting idea! hope you'd continue. the hotfix was released today i believe. hope it wont impede your efforts.
    really wish they renamed the factions (Thrace, Egypt etc).

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    @Sarkiss yes they do as far as I know. Though I haven't tried that yet particular in my current play through.
    will check it out, thanks for the info

my second episode of the noob in the Thebes https://youtu.be/8Qti3iD945s

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    well done, a very interesting idea! hope you'd continue. the hotfix was released today i believe. hope it wont impede your efforts.
    really wish they renamed the factions (Thrace, Egypt etc).
    Thanks! Glad they released it, it really fixed the stuttering. They've made it really easy to mod countries (i.e. change their names, add new countries, add new characters), but there's one thing I suck in doing, event-making. Hopefully I'll find someone over in the paradox forums willing to help with that. I'd love to make an event chain about the 2nd Diadochi War.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

The complaints about the game is predictable. Paradox do not create a mostly complete game. They generally publish a literal "base game" in which they add DLCs to create the flavor to the game. The other huge issue is the the way mana is used. I suspect this would be gradually flushed out in time.

A nice review by Darren about Imperator:

In my opinion, Paradox probably tried to streamline the game, in order to attract more customers, but in a very sloppy manner. Simply reducing the depth and the content behind your features will simply render the product less interesting, while new customers are frustrated by the terrible tutorial and the amateurish user interface. Personally, despite being a very casual fan, I am mostly disappointed at the fact that politics are divided into only three different systems: Republic, tribe and monarchy. I didn't expect that every small kingdom would be governed in a unique way, but a bit more nuance between the Seleucids, Antigonids, Lagids and etc. would have been welcome. The fact that Paradox will almost certainly add more flavour in the future through highly priced DLCs is a clear indication of the company's aggressive business tactics rather than a show of good-will towards the upset consumer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast