Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TSARDOMS TOTAL WAR - BATTLE BETA RELEASE

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: TSARDOMS TOTAL WAR - BATTLE BETA RELEASE

Quote Originally Posted by SerbianWOLF View Post
    I deleted previous uploads(thought you already seen them), this is the latest one with halberdiers and ottoman heavy cav.
    No I meant the mod. Wallachian uploaded a fixed version

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    No I meant the mod. Wallachian uploaded a fixed version
    Oh. Sorry. I thought you talked to me.
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

Amazing. Units are beautifull

It crashes during the battle. All the units appear normally. You play for 1 or 2 minutes and then the game crashes.
    Maybe it has something to do with the spriteds or the lod_0/lod_1/lod_2 models.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    When you chose a unit and game crashes when random battle starts has two meenings.
    1) EDU entry (it does not find the warrior model). I had several strange issues with that cause. I changed units or their models entirely in the mesh, EDU and bmdb to make them work.
    2) Game can not locate the units files.
    Example:
    Example Warriors
    Example_Warriors_lod0
    Eaxmple_Warriors.texture
    Example_Warriors_norm.texture 0 (without 0 number nothing works).
    Example_Warriors_att.texture
    Example_Warriors_att_norm.texture 0

With my example when player will chose the "Example Warriors" to laod a battle the game will crash.
    The reason is garmmatical errors we often miss...Can you locate the "error"? This exersise will allow you to find such errors in your unit crashes.
    The error is that the name of the unit is "Example Warriors" not "Example_Warriors".
    Last edited by Bardas Phokas; May 03, 2016 at 05:21 AM.
    "There is nothing more conductive to the destruction of a nation, whether it be republic or monarchy, than the lack of men of wisdom or intellect."
    -John VI Kantakouzenos, Roman Emperor

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Its not that simple. If error would be that simple it would crash right away, not after a minute or two. One of lods must be broken or unexisting animation or sth like that.

The error in Anthoniu post is one time misspeled Eaxample instead of Example.
    Last edited by Hrobatos; May 03, 2016 at 06:17 AM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

The errors occured when we transitioned from version 0.6 and custom animations were implemented

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Very nice indeed!
    Great job!

I could create you an installer if you like
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Its not that simple. If error would be that simple it would crash right away, not after a minute or two. One of lods must be broken or unexisting animation or sth like that.

The error in Anthoniu post is one time misspeled Eaxample instead of Example.
    True..misspeled fike names and diferences with the entries in bmdb or EDU crash spesific units when they are chosen and game crash.
    For example: if there is a tiny diference in a texture's or a model's name entry in bmdb with the ones that exist in model or texture folders, game crashes because is unable to find the needed files.
    For units that crash in random battle i would sugest to compare their bmdb entries with the folders they use (model and texture names). a tiny gap in the _ or a misspell creates crash.
    I fould such a problem with a texture or kontaratoi_upg3.texture used.
    In the folder of their textures the texture was named
    konrataroi_upg3.texture r and t switched places. Game asked for kontaratoi_upg3.texture (bmdb entry) but it could not find it and game crashed.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Valentin-Daruvar's Avatar Laetus
    Croatia, Netherlands, Swtizerland.. Choose :)

Nice mod, but not to have Croatian faction is really a miss.
    Serbia was swallowed by Turks, Croats gave them much better fight, they felt how sharp are the blades of Europe.
    And if I remember correctly, Bosnia was part of the Croatia, but what do I know....

yep croats fought most of the battles with the turks but this mod is not about turkish invasion and there is a posibility to include a emerging croatian faction!

well there is ragusa and the banate bosnia wich is practicly a secundary croatia!

You don't have your facts straight at all. Serbia was an empire stretching a large part of the balkans in 1340s. Croatia did not exist as an indepedent entity. It was part of Hungary with the king of Hungary being Croatian king. Bosnia was not part of Croatia but was a separate banate and later a kingdom.

That being saud we are planning on an emergent Croatian faction. Just need manpower to actually do it.

there is no seperate banates,all banates are seperate but under the rule of the guy that poseses the croatian crown!
    well bosnia and ragusa were independent but formaly they were part of croatia at least ragusa and bosnia vas actual dukedom rama

hungarian rulers needed a land for the prince to rule while the king is still alive so they formed that dukedom with a central at rama(river in bosnia) later they brougt an nobel from slavonia to rule there and since then it is called banate bosnia(bosnia is a river near rama)
    but the hungarians called it banate,rex rama!

so the hungaryan kings had folowing titels:kings of hungary,croatia,dalmatia
    then when they created rama wit a decre they had folowing titles: rex hungary,croatia,dalmatia,rama

they called the bosnian kingdom rex rama in their documents,bosnias creation is not a mistery its just an ignored fact what do u think why have all those italian philosophers and venetian cartographs considered bosnia to be a part of croatia even when independent?

1450 g. - Flavius Blondus -site 115 "Historiarum ab Inclinatione Romanorum Imperii": "...Rassiaque et Bosna pro regni Chroatiae regionibus habentur"

Rascia and Bosnia are considerate parts(ends/lands) of the croatian kingdom!

Now rascia vas under rule of the bosnian ban/king therfore considered part of that state,bosnia vas originaly a banate/duketom and the highest ruling instance was the duke so therfore it is ridiculouse to consider it an separate land.The bosnian ban got strong and he tehnickly became a king but not formaly couse bosnia just wasnt a kingdom so he crowned himself with the serbian crown but noone
    recognized him for a king of bosnia(pope,holy roman emperor) it is only in the final jear of the kingdom that the pope recognized the last bosnian king as a legal king and that vas only couse of the nearing turkish invasion!
    Last edited by thekingsmen; May 03, 2016 at 06:37 PM.

This is not the place for this sort of discussions and this always ends up being deleted by mods anyway so I suggest not to waste too much time writing blocks of text.

The idea is that as far as I know the Bosnians saw themselves as fairly independent, fought against the Hungarians and points and had a fair bit of power to warrant having them as a separate faction. The Croatians seem to have had a good framework to work within the kingdom of hungary and although they were rebellious and had certain degrees of autonomy/independence at certain points. We can't rely on what title the Hungarian kings have because they styled themselves at points as kings over Bulgaria, wallachia, Moldova etc which was simply not the case.

If you want to play as Bosnians and imagine they are Croatians or they are Serbians or they are Bosnians fine, each to their own. Same with Ragusa.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

I had asked this earlier, but what is the form that the future releases will take? Will it be factional additions to the battle beta, or a full campaign?

I don't think there will be any more additions to the battle beta. If things go well hopefully we will have some sort of very vanilla-like campaign with all the factions and the map but everything else vanilla ( so very little scripts and vanilla buildings and recruitment).

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Sounds good to me!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    I don't think there will be any more additions to the battle beta. If things go well hopefully we will have some sort of very vanilla-like campaign with all the factions and the map but everything else vanilla ( so very little scripts and vanilla buildings and recruitment).
    This honestly does not sound bad at all. Vanilla M2TW is still one of the best TW games out there and using vanilla features would help a lot with stability.

Scripting and other neat stuff can always come at another time if the labor and willingness will be there.

Question: Has a preview ever been released for Genoa?
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Darios: he was talking about the"campaign beta" release. Of course final objective is to incorporaye our recruting and building systems.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin-Daruvar View Post
    Nice mod, but not to have Croatian faction is really a miss.
    Serbia was swallowed by Turks, Croats gave them much better fight, they felt how sharp are the blades of Europe.
    And if I remember correctly, Bosnia was part of the Croatia, but what do I know....
    Much better fight ? I don't think so Wich doesn't mean that Croats did nothing. Ofc they gave them good fight. But to say we did(alone) more than Serbs is a mistake. Also Croatia was not independent. And Bosnia was not part of Croatia !!! They were infuenced and almost like a vassals of Hungary now, but 30 years after mods start date they are going to form a pretty good independent kingdom !
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !