Page 500 of 506 FirstFirst ... 400450475490491492493494495496497498499500501502503504505506 LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 10104

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Quote Originally Posted by mouadmessi View Post
    galadrhim and trhanduil's lancers when they charge into infantry, the animation does only push target back and don't make them "fly" like in vanilla, i have tested the same with rohan and with noldor heavy cavalry and they have no problem with their charging animation as they make targets fly when they charge in
    Maybe for elven (moreover silvan) cavalry is light, not heavy (edit: and I think Rohan cav has been given more mass).
    Last edited by Vifarc; July 24, 2016 at 08:43 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

For the love of Valinor, release 1.0 already, I check out the forum several times a day to see if the topic title changed to 1.0

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Me too I'd love them to release it but patience is a vertue my friend.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

What I like by invading Mordor, is that then there is no longer Olog-hai breed.
    Still I must eradicate Harad to be freed of their common heavy cavalry (I feel less elvish OP against them lol).
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vifarc View Post
    Maybe for elven (moreover silvan) cavalry is light, not heavy (edit: and I think Rohan cav has been given more mass).
    I don't thnk this have to do with being light or heavy cavalry because rohan light cavalry make their targets fly while charging and even Imladris rangers (horse archers) do make the animation correctly while they are being considered only light cavalry and are not as massed troops as their noldorin brethren :'(

Lord of Shadows's Avatar Campidoctor

While playing as Mirkwood, at turn 170 I noticed that almost all factions are pretty much bankrupt. I'm not sure if that's normal, but only Mordor and Harad have loads of armies and gold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	362.9 KB 
ID:	338802

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Shadows View Post
    While playing as Mirkwood, at turn 170 I noticed that almost all factions are pretty much bankrupt. I'm not sure if that's normal, but only Mordor and Harad have loads of armies and gold.

For me it's normal, in every game that I have played all the factions are pretty much bankrupt, except for 1-2 exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Shadows View Post

This is normal since the AI is heavily scripted. AI has a huge wasting money way of working. Thats why they always have troops out, they are recruiting constantly, and building constantly, so they can have huge population growth percentage, and they get to full population easily. Also ( maybe Im wrong) but I think AI receives everytime they get into bankrupt 20000 gold so they can get more troops and build. Mordor and Harad have such great amount of territories that the economy of that territories is enough to maintain their incredible rates of money wasting. Also AI is constantly receiving script armies that appear from nowhere but cost money because of their maintenaince.

I've noticed that as of this post we have 9989 posts are you guys waiting for 10k before releasing? cuz I can spam it up if that will help

Yeah it's no real secret that the TATW AI cheats like a motherer mainly because it's really dumb. Grab one of the islands and you gain virtual immortality. It's one of those things where you first find out about it and it's like "wow what the hell get rid of that", so you do. And then you find Barad-dur defended by three units of Orc Looters, the AI can't field anything because it has no money, and the Invasions are the only thing that can pose a threat and there all you gotta do is kill the general and do a shock and awe with cavalry. Even then those scripts aren't perfect. I've accidentally cheese garrison script settlements because I saw a party right by it and attacked. Then the settlement reinforces and I wipe it all out. Now I can walk in with no resistance.

As for the release, just do what I do; play another mod. I have separate installations for vanilla, MOS, PCP, etc. I don't think Arachir would get too angry if I said to go give those other ones some love too.

Quote Originally Posted by faramirofgondor View Post
    I've noticed that as of this post we have 9989 posts are you guys waiting for 10k before releasing? cuz I can spam it up if that will help
    What's the record for amount of posts in one thread? (9990, 10 more posts to go)

We might be hitting it. It's either 10,000 or 20,000 but at one of those numbers, the thread starts making the site go all screwy. I think we had it happen with one of the earlier DaC threads.

No one adressed my matter concerning Galadhrim and Mirkwood cavalry "unable" to make fly targets while charging :'(

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotShazam View Post
    We might be hitting it. It's either 10,000 or 20,000 but at one of those numbers, the thread starts making the site go all screwy. I think we had it happen with one of the earlier DaC threads.
    that happened fairly recently with mos. Twice.

Oh so it was MOS and not DaC, well there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by mouadmessi View Post
    No one adressed my matter concerning Galadhrim and Mirkwood cavalry "unable" to make fly targets while charging :'(
    Well I didnt noticed this because everytime I do a charge with them I want to see how many enemies they kill and they use to kill huge number of enemies, very good charge always, like halfo of big tiered battallions and 3/4 of militias. So the amount of troops they kill is not affected. Well maybe you are right but I dont think it is a gameplay changing bug. So they may fix it.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by the lightning legion View Post
    that happened fairly recently with mos. Twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotShazam View Post
    Oh so it was MOS and not DaC, well there we go.
    The first MOS thread had to be deleted, not closed. There were 11.665 posts in it. At that time the hardware TWC was running on was struggling to cope with the huge amount of data and traffic on the site.
    Several "big" threads were deleted at that time to keep the site at least somewhat functional. Since then the hardware has been upgraded significantly and AFAIK there are currently no problems that would lead to having a thread to be deleted. Note that I wrote deleted. Simply closing the huge threads would not have helped.

From the MOS OP:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is the fourth MOS thread, our first thread reached 11.655 posts and over 662.902 visits.
    Our second thread has 7.457 posts and 629.623 visits before closing.
    Regretfully the first thread had to be deleted so that speed is maintained on the forum.
    Our second THREAD was closed because of a technical problem.
    It can still be viewed though and since it was closed the number of views has risen to well over a million.
    Our third THREAD reached 7,727 posts and 870,084 views when it was closed.
    So, while the DaC team may decide to close this thread eventually and start a new one, technically it is probably not necessary (yet). I can imagine that the release of a much anticipated "new version" would see a new thread to accompany it though. Not that I would know anything about that and I am certainly not going to ask about it.
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 25, 2016 at 04:35 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Cheesus, it would be like the 78th DaC-thread through the years
    DaC started thread after thread as its team been replaced and/or thread adminstrator changed. The last was closed since again there was a new team update (Arachir Galu' took over after Emperor of Hell), but that is not the situation now.
    Neither needed from the old, technical reasons that Veteraan shared either (which also was because TWC were to change servers back when MOS' was deleted, and/since it was desirable to limit the amount of data needed to transfere in the process).
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 25, 2016 at 07:12 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    This is normal since the AI is heavily scripted. AI has a huge wasting money way of working. Thats why they always have troops out, they are recruiting constantly, and building constantly, so they can have huge population growth percentage, and they get to full population easily. Also ( maybe Im wrong) but I think AI receives everytime they get into bankrupt 20000 gold so they can get more troops and build. Mordor and Harad have such great amount of territories that the economy of that territories is enough to maintain their incredible rates of money wasting. Also AI is constantly receiving script armies that appear from nowhere but cost money because of their maintenaince.
    All you´ve said here is correct except for the money thingy.

If the AI is in the red, they get their balance zerod and then they get exactly 501 gold (via script), not the 20000 you mentioned.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType sicily
    and Treasury <= -1
    if I_LocalFaction sicily
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    add_money sicily -2147483647
    add_money sicily 2147483647
    add_money sicily 501
    end_monitor

As for 7 and the release date:

Everyone that shows his skills in patience and only refreshes this thread once a day to look if version 1 is released already, will get a free lollypop from me upon the release of version 1!
    Just don´t waste your time, enjoy the summer, have yourselves a good time and stop thinking about when v1 will be released, only. Patience is a virtue and we all should prove our skills in it (or just do something else to distract us).
    Last edited by FengrAvUlver; July 25, 2016 at 10:48 AM.
    - proud Divide & Conquer Testing Council member __ __

And before you ask; I´m very confident that version 1.1 will be released before this millenium is over.

theory testing time? >.>