Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM Schema Update Thread

Default PFM Schema Update Thread

Hi everyone.

To make it easier to separate db editing updates and PFM bug reports and usage questions, we decided to split it into two different threads.
    From now on, I'll post any schema related news in this thread. Feel free to ask any db schema related questions and let me now if something isn't working properly. For everything else the PFM main thread can still be used.
    All db schemas can still be downloaded here.
    Last edited by Larynja; November 03, 2017 at 05:36 AM.

Default Re: PFM Schema Update Thread

Let's start this thread with a new update announcement. Schema version 102 is available. It contains several column name fixes and a decoded rituals_table, which should be working properly now.

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey, I'm trying to access the new hu1 models/textures but I can't find them in variants 1 or 2. Are perhaps the schemas unable to read them?

EDIT: Never mind, I found the missing rigid models. For future reference, rigid.models that belong to units tat can exist as sole entities (lords and heroes) on the campaign map and battle map are found within campaign_variants__2.pack
    Last edited by Matmannen; October 07, 2017 at 01:52 PM.

Final PFM version 5.0 also adds some more tables, making the most current schema available schema_103.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

My PFM just freezes whenever I try to edit any value. I can click on the values and even import stuff but it just freezes and stops after clicking on the actual tables.
    It started when I downloaded the new one you released on the other thread and I dont even get any error messages so I dont know what to do :x

edit

nevermind, one simple restart fixed it all, thanks for all the work you did for PFM!
    Last edited by MrHoon; October 08, 2017 at 03:06 PM.

The Schema for Mortal Empires appear to need an update. Notably, character_skill_nodes seems to not process properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFaustus View Post
    The Schema for Mortal Empires appear to need an update. Notably, character_skill_nodes seems to not process properly.
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out. Any other particular tables that are not working?

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Larynja View Post
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out. Any other particular tables that are not working?
    character_skill_nodes I got fixed:

<table table_name='character_skill_nodes_tables'
    table_version='6' >
    <field name='campaign_key' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field fkey='character_skills_tables.key' name='character_skill_key' type='string_ascii' />
    <field fkey='character_skill_node_sets_tables.key' name='character_skill_node_set_key' type='string_ascii' />
    <field fkey='factions_tables.key' name='faction_key' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='indent' type='float' />
    <field name='key' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='tier' type='float' />
    <field name='subculture' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='points_on_creation' type='int' />
    <field name='required_num_parents' type='int' />
    <field name='visible_in_ui' type='boolean' />
    </table>

But ancillaries_tables is still missing....

Quote Originally Posted by RoninX2807 View Post
    character_skill_nodes I got fixed:

<table table_name='character_skill_nodes_tables'
    table_version='6' >
    <field name='campaign_key' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field fkey='character_skills_tables.key' name='character_skill_key' type='string_ascii' />
    <field fkey='character_skill_node_sets_tables.key' name='character_skill_node_set_key' type='string_ascii' />
    <field fkey='factions_tables.key' name='faction_key' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='indent' type='float' />
    <field name='key' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='tier' type='float' />
    <field name='subculture' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='points_on_creation' type='int' />
    <field name='required_num_parents' type='int' />
    <field name='visible_in_ui' type='boolean' />
    </table>

But ancillaries_tables is still missing....
    How can you implement that so the table is working on PFM?

Quote Originally Posted by RoninX2807 View Post
    character_skill_nodes I got fixed
    Thanks! That did it for me!

Quote Originally Posted by blackheartz View Post
    How can you implement that so the table is working on PFM?
    You have to go into the PFM 5.0 file and make a backup of "master_schema.xml".

The open the original twith a text editor (preferably notepad++)
    Search within the master_schema file for "table table_name='character_skill_nodes_tables".
    There will be 5 versions of it one after the other (numbered by table_version='X').
    Then you have to copy/paste the code that RoninX2807 provided after the version 5.
    Verify that the copy pasted text follows the same structure than the versions before.
    Save the file and you are good to go. Next time you open PFM that should work.

Hi all,
    just released an updated schema version (104). Includes fixes for ancillaries, campaign_hidden_settlement_overrides and character_skill_nodes.

Hi, Thanks for the update!

got schema 104. Extracted to pfm folder. all kinds of errors. in order it went:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bitmap Image (2).png 
Views:	8 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	349137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bitmap Image (3).png 
Views:	7 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	349138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bitmap Image (4).png 
Views:	12 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	349139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	349136

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrithus View Post
    got schema 104. Extracted to pfm folder. all kinds of errors.
    Sorry, fixed. Shouldn't work before I had my first coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Larynja View Post
    Sorry, fixed. Shouldn't work before I had my first coffee
    ancillaries_table now has all unknown columns.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexrael View Post
    ancillaries_table now has all unknown columns.
    Yeah I know. Didn't have time to insert the names yet. Thought it's better to have a working table with unknown column names instead of no table at all.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

I am new to the advanced functions here, can you direct me to a guide so that I can update the columns in PFM? I am working on Attila and there are many schemas that have been updated in the raw data. I extracted the info, but of course PFM doesn't know what the fields are so I need to input them manually right? I am working on getting the AI fixed and I would like not to have to look in DAVE every time. Why isn't there a simple function to rename a column? Why does it have to be so complicated? and can we please add support for selectable size fonts, my eyes are killing me...LOL

Ok so I have been poking around, and it seems that the master schema has not been updated in many areas for Attila for a very long time. because when I look at the created user schema there are tons of versions that have the correct updated fields. Yet they do not display when I look at that particular DB, even when I manually load the user schema??? Am I doing something wrong? why are the newer versions of the columns not loading??
    Last edited by xeryx; October 30, 2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Ok so I have been poking around, and it seems that the master schema has not been updated in many areas for Attila for a very long time. because when I look at the created user schema there are tons of versions that have the correct updated fields. Yet they do not display when I look at that particular DB, even when I manually load the user schema??? Am I doing something wrong? why are the newer versions of the columns not loading??
    PFM uses the field names in the exact table/version combination it uses to open a given table.
    The table name is the folder a table is in (ie /db/table_name/table_being_opened); the version being used is not really displayed.

If you can't derive the version from the entries in master_schema, you can see it in the DecodeTool: right click the table file in the PFM tree, Open With->DecodeTool.
    The window being opened has the information you seek in the bottom right hand side (table version = "x", parsed with = "y").
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hi everyone,
    just a small update today (Schema 105) with the proper column names for the ancillaries_table, as requested.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Will PFM updated for Rome II Politics-Betapatch?
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast