Default Star Citizen / Squadron 42

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Default Re: Star Citizen / Squadron 42

Any love here for the game?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

I have a sabre comet and constellation andromeda, but I don't really play too often aside from checking their progress.

I'm hoping they shake up the gaming industry a bit.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by The Roman Republic View Post
    Any love here for the game?
    I guess most people realized this game is a bottomless sinkhole and have moved on (atleast until there's proof this is really coming together...someday)

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

I was original 2012 Kickstarter backer, rear admiral so that was 265ish bucks. In that time it sounded like something new, great adventure, being part of it. Simply promise of Freelances2.0 and a lot more.

Fast forward to the last year. I was able to use grey market and sell everything for 295 bucks - 10 bucks fee and and was still able to make a very small profil

There are many issues with game...scope, what the game should be, feature creep, bad multiplayer and mostly. During this time my others backed projects for example Kingdome Come Deliverence were able not just finish the development but be successful! Originally SQ42 was supposed to be just small singleplayer part while majority was in persistent multiplayer universe. Now that online part is pushed back, SQ42 is again major focus but will be splitted into three separated parts at least.

With 300milions in sinkhole, how much more they need? Plus their monotization is as whaleish as possible. Selling pictures of future power ships while many old pictures are waiting for rework...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    I was original 2012 Kickstarter backer, rear admiral so that was 265ish bucks. In that time it sounded like something new, great adventure, being part of it. Simply promise of Freelances2.0 and a lot more.

Fast forward to the last year. I was able to use grey market and sell everything for 295 bucks - 10 bucks fee and and was still able to make a very small profil

There are many issues with game...scope, what the game should be, feature creep, bad multiplayer and mostly. During this time my others backed projects for example Kingdome Come Deliverence were able not just finish the development but be successful! Originally SQ42 was supposed to be just small singleplayer part while majority was in persistent multiplayer universe. Now that online part is pushed back, SQ42 is again major focus but will be splitted into three separated parts at least.

With 300milions in sinkhole, how much more they need? Plus their monotization is as whaleish as possible. Selling pictures of future power ships while many old pictures are waiting for rework...
    They should've set realistic goals for their first game as a studio and then go from there. This thing has so many useless stuff that's only interesting the first few times.

I would have loved a good SP game like Freelancer with a good story and a dynamic, lively universe. They could've made all that MMO crap, Shooter thing in a successor or sth. But the megalomaniac Roberts is out of touch apparently.