Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

General Information
    - The installation is a stand alone, full version - compiled from a fully updated RodG 1.51 plus the 1.6 beta patch
    - The installation will not interfere with other mods or previous versions, installation path = mods\RodG16
    - All credit unless otherwise noted goes to the original team as listed in the in game credits
    - The installation is Steam compatible, simply use the provided desktop shortcut

Requirements
    - A fully updated installation of Medieval 2 Total War and a fully updated installation of the Kingdoms expansion with at least one campaign installed
    - Hard disk space of at least 11GB for the mod

Download Links
    - Torrent file here at TWCentre
    Mirrors by Lord Baal
    - Part 1
    - Part 2
    - Part 3

Installation Instruction
    - Install all three parts, regardless of sequence, and make sure to install into the Medieval 2 Total War main directory, nowhere else!
    - Check the second post for Patches and Quick fixes and install those in sequence (patches first, fixes after)
    - Once completed, choose your language preference by clicking the related desktop shortcut (‘Text English’, ‘Text German’ or ‘Text Russian’)
    - Start the mod by clicking the ‘Rage of dark Gods 1.6’ desktop short cut, even if you are using Steam
    Recommendation: there is a installation video available by Jackie_fish that can be of great help.

Notes
    - Due to the large size of the installation it is advisable not to work with other programs during the installation process – it is known to have caused faulty installations
    - The installation of part 2 will appear frozen shortly at 1% and for a longer period at 99% - this is due to large files being processed. Do not interrupt the progress!
    - The installation is Steam compatible – simply use the desktop shortcut to start the mod

Error Reporting
    - Locate the log in the Medieval 2 Total War\logs folder (if the folder does not exist run the mod again until crash)
    - Compress the log (7Zip is freeware) and attach it with your post or upload it at a service like MediaFire and provide the link
    - Post in this thread and describe the circumstances of the crash

Recommendation
    To avoid possible Virtual Store problems caused by the game's installation into the default directory follow this tutorial from step 3 and then delete the M2TW folder in the Virtual Store

Version history
    1.6.022 - 19th November 2019
    combined all previous patches
    fixes battle crashes caused by wrong paths
    disables Lead Belcher unit due to crashes
    fixes script error in Orc reinforcement script
    1.6.019 - 14th March 2016
    reworked main goals for bright alliance during Storm of Chaos. Ostland dont need to protect Midden, Kislev and Dwarves must protect only Kislev);
    some new stratmodels added;
    New Minotaurs, added ogres with handcannons (Big thanks to creators COW: Beginning of The End Times(especially tomdoof, thanks mate ));
    fixed CTD issues with squigs, Chaos hounds, Dire Wolves (but more tests needed to be sure);
    new scripts of Great Deamons of Chaos arriaval, new unique scaven general - Queek Headtaker;
    new icons and infopictures for Scaven, Empire (for Empire big thanks to Ajpav from TWC);
    new infos for some dwarves units and greenskins;
    some changes to strategic balance. Empowered Ostermark, Stirland and Kislev; - bugfixes and major polishing.
    English translation (thanks anarmyofants and Derngar)
    adjusted references in descr_transition_screen
    corrected path and names of several projectiles (thanks TheEmperor)
    BAT file now displays error message at incorrect path
    1.6.007 - 13th January 2016
    added missing text in historic_events.txt
    disabled faulty Plagueclaw unit in EDU for custom battles
    disabled user interface during forced region changes
    corrected 'skaven attack for players' script
    translation for settlement names (thanks Malagant)
    changed configuration to 'windowed, borderless'
    fixed the artillery crash (thanks Metal_Izanagi)
    1.6.000 - 28th December 2015
    added missing text entry for Orcz_Camp_Province in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names
    corrected wrong religion total for Templehof and Senkehof provinces
    added missing name in text\names: {Ironskin}Ironskin
    added missing unit descriptions: sonsofmanann_mounted, Peasants
    corrected several duplicated character names in descr_strat
    corrected invalid placement for the settlement of Town_Drakenhof_Province (touches neighbouring region)
    introduced consolidated directory for unit info pics (saving over 600MB diskspace)
    corrected errors in Ork re-reinforcement script
    corrected errors in Skaven siege script
    provided multiple language text 'on demand'
    made start up Steam compatible
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 12, 2023 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Mirrors by Lord Baal

Blog Entries

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Instructions
    • To update Rage of dark Gods 1.6 install the Patches and Quick Fixes in the sequence of their listing - Patches first, then Quick Fixes
    • Outdated and incorporated patches\fixes will get removed - the remaining downloads are essential unless they are optional

Patches
    • RodG16 Patch 3 - see version history (1.6.022). Run your language shortcut again - not save game compatible.

Quick Fixes
    • All included in patch

Optional
    • Someone will come up with something
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 18, 2019 at 11:11 PM. Reason: fresh upload for patch 1

Majesticc's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks again Gig

Just wanted to let ya know, the old bug where some artillery units cause a CTD when they fire is still happening. I found a thread from 2012, and it seems like the fix works so far.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...f-Earth-Shaken

Right now if you look in descr_projectile.txt, some of the projectiles are looking for a model in "mods/Call_Of_Warhammer/data/models_missile/" when the path should instead reference "mods/RodG16/data/models_missile/"

Blog Entries

Thank you for that information - there should not be an absolute path reference, only a relative one. I will check and fix where ever necessary - the path should only contain 'data/models_missile'

Edit: famous last words, the path needs to be absolute (no idea why, the projectile model displays when mounted\loaded on engine but crashes when fired)
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 14, 2016 at 08:18 AM.

Here are 4 crash logs which you might not have seen. I had posted them in the old thread.

Sadly I can't remember exactly the circumstances anymore.

First one: You might already know this one. Not sure. I think it was inconclusive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmhe29orni...m.log.rar?dl=0

Second one:

I had a crash (maybe the first log was the initial crash) on rounds end when it was the rebels turn. It corrupted the autosave. I don't know if this is of any help but here is the crash log when I load the autosave. (It crashed while loading the autosave).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/addacpq31p...m.log.rar?dl=0

Third one:

Crash when it was Averlands turn after ending my round. Reloading the autosave fixed it. But anyway here is the log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfq0lmzt2l...m.log.rar?dl=0

Fourth one:

It crashed when I tried to defend Marienburg as Reikland against a Skaven army. I haven't retried if the crash is reoccuring. It crashed while loading the battle and said something about graphics (don't know the exact phrasing anymore). As I have lowered my graphics already it is a really bothering issue if I have to put them to the lowest to avoid this crash (I don't have a weak PC).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aj84i2psjz...m.log.rar?dl=0

Blog Entries

I discovered some missing event text related to skaven spawns and midland. That could have been the reason for the last crash, the fix is included in the patch

averland log - puzzling, it was due to call the descr_campaign_db file like it had done several times before.
    graphics log - absolutely nothing I can see, I am just surprised that the log ends without any message at all
    autosave log - inconclusive too, BUT it led me to the quotes and it appears that there more quotes then provisions in the look up file

I need to cross check the text\quotes file (needs sequential numbering of author\quote pairs) against the descr_transitions_screen file.

Edit: issued new quick fix with the necessary correction (20160113 - RodG16 - transition)
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 13, 2016 at 12:10 PM.

Hi guys, I'm having super trouble with this mod. I install it into the main directory and everything but then I try to do the campaign and as soon as the messages go away theres an hour glass spinning and I cant do anything its stuck. I tried the new patch and now it has the same issues but now its in like a windowed screen. Can anyone help me please?

Quote Originally Posted by PREDXV View Post
    Hi guys, I'm having super trouble with this mod. I install it into the main directory and everything but then I try to do the campaign and as soon as the messages go away theres an hour glass spinning and I cant do anything its stuck. I tried the new patch and now it has the same issues but now its in like a windowed screen. Can anyone help me please?
    I'm having what sounds like the same or a similar error. I have 7zip, and will compress the log file to send in... but I've never uploaded to Mediafire or a service like it.

The mod is beautiful, I just can't seem to play the campaign, just as pred describes here. Spinning hourglass and CTD just after launching a campaign and seeing the opening scrolls (it doesn't seem to matter which race I select).

EDIT: I hope this worked - https://www.mediafire.com/?gy7yl3sq02uru1r

EDIT 2: I found another crash from a custom battle. Not sure what went wrong here, but hopefully this file helps - https://www.mediafire.com/?gy7yl3sq02uru1r

Thank you, Gigantus!
    Last edited by theworldstage; January 13, 2016 at 02:27 PM.
    "Far better is it to have a stout heart always, and suffer one's share of evils, than to be ever fearing what may happen, and never incur a mischance." - Herodotus

Quote Originally Posted by theworldstage View Post
    I'm having what sounds like the same or a similar error. I have 7zip, and will compress the log file to send in... but I've never uploaded to Mediafire or a service like it.

The mod is beautiful, I just can't seem to play the campaign, just as pred describes here. Spinning hourglass and CTD just after launching a campaign and seeing the opening scrolls (it doesn't seem to matter which race I select).

EDIT: I hope this worked - https://www.mediafire.com/?gy7yl3sq02uru1r

EDIT 2: I found another crash from a custom battle. Not sure what went wrong here, but hopefully this file helps - https://www.mediafire.com/?gy7yl3sq02uru1r

Thank you, Gigantus!
    Yes, thats exactly whats going on with mine and since that 1.6 patch, it plays in some kind of windowed mode that cant be changed.

Still crashing when I try to play the siege of Marienburg (while loading the map/battle). This time it's Sigmar preserve us! I installed the latest quick fix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1qjm9veqs...m.log.rar?dl=0

After the last crash (see post above) the mod now denies launching at all. When I try to run it I see the loading screen and it immediatly crashes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f0ywjpy8s...m.log.rar?dl=0

Tried 6.1 again since the updates.
    CTD at loading splash screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f28xphlelo...og.txt.7z?dl=0

Hello Gigantus,
    Was the previous subject deleted?

I see that there's a different quickfix this time, is that the same as the the previous ones? (forgot the names)

I can't edit my previous post...

Can I install the new patch and quickfix if I already installed your previous quickfixes (from the deleted subject)?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Izanagi View Post
    Right now if you look in descr_projectile.txt, some of the projectiles are looking for a model in "mods/Call_Of_Warhammer/data/models_missile/" when the path should instead reference "mods/RodG16/data/models_missile/"
    Exactly correct.
    But still there is a problem with "Earthshaker_Cannon_Rocket_New.CAS" file
    Last edited by TheEmperor; March 06, 2016 at 10:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Windowed mode - there are three ways of having a full screen display if you have this problem:

1. revert to old setting by opening the mod's CFG file (use Notepad) and put a hash sign in front of these two lines:
    [video]
    #windowed = 1
    #borderless_window = 1

2. adjust these setting in the mod's CFG file (open with Notepad) with your desktop's resolution and remove the hash sign in front of the lines:
    [video]
    #battle_resolution = 1920 1080
    #campaign_resolution = 1920 1080

2. In the game options, video section set the campaign and battle resolution to your desktop's resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Grave Digger View Post
    After the last crash (see post above) the mod now denies launching at all. When I try to run it I see the loading screen and it immediatly crashes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f0ywjpy8s...m.log.rar?dl=0
    It's the 'animation' crash - fatal and I have no idea what the cause is. Seeing that the mod worked before I can only recommend to re-install. Delete the mod folder manually (make a back up of your save folder, they might still work). Then make sure you did the virtual store thingy from step 3 onward, deleted any M2TW stuff in the virtual store, and then re-install.

Quote Originally Posted by KizKadatz View Post
    Tried 6.1 again since the updates.
    CTD at loading splash screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f28xphlelo...og.txt.7z?dl=0
    Same issue as Grave Digger

Quote Originally Posted by stamstamstam View Post
    I can't edit my previous post...
    You will be able to edit your posts after you reached a certain post count, I think it's 20 or 25 - it's an anti spam block.

Quote Originally Posted by stamstamstam View Post
    Can I install the new patch and quickfix if I already installed your previous quickfixes (from the deleted subject)?
    You can install the present patch and then the quickfix over your current installation - that will completely update your mod.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Exactly correct.
    But still there is a problem with "Earthshaker_Cannon_Rocket_New.CAS" file
    I thought I had fixed that issue a long time ago (in 1.5) - is it still present? I vaguely remember it being a texture issue.

Edit: for test purposes I just re-installed completely and applied the patch and fix and had no problem to get started (no time at present to play a campaign). I am running win10, 64bit with an Nvidia graphics card.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 14, 2016 at 12:10 AM.

I thought I had fixed that issue a long time ago (in 1.5) - is it still present? I vaguely remember it being a texture issue.
    Yes, because when earth shaker cannon fires i have ctd
    But after i changed the line "models mods/RodG16/data/models_missle/Earthshaker_Cannon_Rocket_New.cas max" in descr_projectile.txt to"models mods/RodG16/data/models_missle/Earthshaker_Cannon_Rocket.cas max" there is no ctd

Blog Entries

Dammit - it was the NAME of the CAS file (not the texture) as well as the path.

Edit: Quick Fix issued (20160113 - RodG16 - projectile)
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 14, 2016 at 12:34 AM.

Gig, you beautiful bastard! Thank you for the amazing work. Installing now...

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast