Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} >>> Download - Version 4.0 <<<

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default Re: {DIK} >>> Download - Version 4.0 <<<

Well, according to Wikipedia the city was officially named Istanbul only after the founding of the republic in 1923. Before that the west still referred to it as Constantinople and the Ottomans called it either Istanbul or Konstantiniyye.

Tighes_Hood's Avatar Libertus

Great mod! cant wait for the English translation!! I looked up the Italian wars and found out the English were involved. I'm not sure at what capacity they were involved so if anyone knows please explain it to me it would be much appreciated.
    Obviously some very talented modders working on this, the quality is top notch

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Gah! Want this translation so bad! need my Renaissance combat fix!

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by Tighes_Hood View Post
    Great mod! cant wait for the English translation!! I looked up the Italian wars and found out the English were involved. I'm not sure at what capacity they were involved so if anyone knows please explain it to me it would be much appreciated.
    Obviously some very talented modders working on this, the quality is top notch
    The English were involved most notably in the war of 1521, though not on Italian soil. Charles V paid Henry VIII to invade northern France so as to distract the French forces from Italy. There is an event referring to this, that you might encounter

Well guys I'm a friend of ikoo123 and I'll clarify the case for you. He just contacted me for a proper English translation. He mean that why there is no Constantinople included because it is the Capital of Ottoman Empire. In my point of view, I agree with his statement too. Because Constantinople is an important trade central of these times. Most of Ottoman's ecenomic condition depends on it. If you expand the map a bit to the east (Just like East of Rome devs did add Theodosian Walls as the campaign map model) that will be spendlid!

BTW, nice mod, nice efforts... I appreciate and +rep

Tighes_Hood's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    The English were involved most notably in the war of 1521, though not on Italian soil. Charles V paid Henry VIII to invade northern France so as to distract the French forces from Italy. There is an event referring to this, that you might encounter
    Thanks that makes a lot more sense now. Funny how a dynastic dispute can plunge most of the major powers in Europe into total war very interesting times.

Cant wait to play the mod!

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Well guys I'm a friend of ikoo123 and I'll clarify the case for you. He just contacted me for a proper English translation. He mean that why there is no Constantinople included because it is the Capital of Ottoman Empire. In my point of view, I agree with his statement too. Because Constantinople is an important trade central of these times. Most of Ottoman's ecenomic condition depends on it. If you expand the map a bit to the east (Just like East of Rome devs did add Theodosian Walls as the campaign map model) that will be spendlid!

BTW, nice mod, nice efforts... I appreciate and +rep
    Thank's that you sort the things out!
    To your point, as I already said. To expand the map further east, would damage or even partly destroy our concept of the gameplay.
    For example, in case the map is expanded till Constantinople, the Ottomans would have much more provinces, so they would have a lot of money. Much more than the rest of all factions. You could write some scripts to compensate it, but in the end we had to overwork the complete balance concept of our mod. I don't mean to be rude, but it was god damn hard work to get everything in its right place. I don't have the time and passion to deal with all this once more, sorry mate

But maybe you should have a closer look at the Mod "1648: The two Towers". Its map shows quite that parts you are looking for. When I'm quite done with this project, I will join these guys to work with them

Quote Originally Posted by Tighes_Hood View Post
    Thanks that makes a lot more sense now. Funny how a dynastic dispute can plunge most of the major powers in Europe into total war very interesting times.

Cant wait to play the mod!
    I hope you already noticed the older version 3.3.1?
    This one is already translated into english
    Last edited by Aneirin; January 28, 2015 at 11:16 AM.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

I understand I'm a former modder myself too, I really understand you guys. Good Luck with the project I'll check 1648

Many thank's for your appreciation

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post

That's true. That's why I gave the idea to insert England only in battles for a future version. We'll have in battles, We'll not have in campaign, maybe this is a good idea if you like to work on this mod again in future.
    You just need to alert your 3d modeller, for historic search count on my help for this.
    If yes to Hungary and Turks, why not to Tudor just in battle
    Last edited by Maxdivi; January 29, 2015 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdivi View Post
    That's true. That's why I gave the idea to insert England only in battles for a future version. We'll have in battles, We'll not have in campaign, maybe this is a good idea if you like to work on this mod again in future.
    You just need to alert your 3d modeller, for historic search count on my help for this.
    If yes to Hungary and Turks, why not to Tudor just in battle
    Your idea is feasible, but the problem is, we need some faction slots for version 4.1. So the former english faction is now the Duchy of Ferrara and Modena

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Neadal View Post
    Your idea is feasible, but the problem is, we need some faction slots for version 4.1. So the former english faction is now the Duchy of Ferrara and Modena

Yes. Watching last days your factions screen menu I saw that problem. I'm sure you'll find a solution.
    I think a possbile "escamotage" is to put english troops in the Empire roster, because almost of time England was allied with Charles V. You did something similar for Poland with winged Hussars in hungarian roster as I remember.
    Of course we have to respect the history, but playing the history we are changing a little bit what happened. So Why not a chance for the Emperor to call his english ally against France?
    Anyway in many battles Holy Empire army and England Army tried combined offensives against France in french campaign, so we are not so far from real history.
    But of course the mod staff could find also other solutions to insert important England.

To be honest, right now we don't have time to realize such ideas, they are not essential. We need to focus on our further plans, like adding new events for the late campaign play, english translation, etc.
    BUT: When we are done with all that stuff. I could add some english units to the HRR roster. So if you like, you could lend me a hand and do the research for me. Just open an extra thread for that issue and we can discuss your ideas there

Libertus

To be honest, right now we don't have time to realize such ideas, they are not essential. We need to focus on our further plans, like adding new events for the late campaign play, english translation, etc.
    BUT: When we are done with all that stuff. I could add some english units to the HRR roster. So if you like, you could lend me a hand and do the research for me. Just open an extra thread for that issue and we can discuss your ideas there

Yes, first the translation, I absolute need it

Well, honestly I think it's a better idea to first add more units to factions that we already have ( France, Spain or HRE ) respect to work on England, I spoke about these units in this forum ( Garde ecossaise, ecc. ecc. ).
    Take a look if you like somenthing to insert in 4.1 for these nations, then, if you have time, we'll talk about England, as you and the staff and other players prefer.
    So first realize what you think it's essential for the mod, then maybe new units like a bonus for us

Glad you see the point

Libertus

Glad you see the point
    Of course, I believe in the staff's work,because the staf did a good work for now

I'm sure that you'll realize some of my proposed units when you'll have time, if not for 4.1, maybe for 4.2. I'll wait that moment

Now I want to start to play, maybe I'll write then some of my opinions about 4.0 warfare or new AI.

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

Any idea when the translation will be completed?

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

Hard to say. But as I said, I passed the remaining files to Iskar. He will continue, till I have some spare time

Well, well have fun with the translation

cheers Neadal

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

Yaaaay, Thanky thanky

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast