Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Default Re: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

If I could get one thing, it would be a figure in the UI that tells the management capability of a general/family member. It is such a hassle to manually keep track of who is able to run a problematic region.

you can probably do something similar with m2tweop scripts.

BTW, youneuoy, I have another suggestion but it also looks like hard to implement. Anyway, in EB2 we use the ports to represent important coastal cities, inspired by the new features you want to add to the forts, I wonder if it would be possible to also have ports with their own names and even give them the ability to build buildings and maybe even recruit units.
    the same, only I probably need to add a couple of new functions (for the ability to save various data and load at the time of save-load, for example).
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    the same, only I probably need to add a couple of new functions (for the ability to save various data and load at the time of save-load, for example).
    Wow, that would be really great!

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    I BTW, youneuoy, I have another suggestion but it also looks like hard to implement. Anyway, in EB2 we use the ports to represent important coastal cities, inspired by the new features you want to add to the forts, I wonder if it would be possible to also have ports with their own names and even give them the ability to build buildings and maybe even recruit units.
    The 1648 mod have PSF with names to represent cities, with city level battle map btw. Maybe Gigantus know how it is done.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

PFS?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    The 1648 mod have PSF with names to represent cities, with city level battle map btw. Maybe Gigantus know how it is done.
    permanent forts or how is it called in full name...

Yea, I mentioned this previously once or twice. You basically spawn invissible agents in these forts to show their names, its used in several mods, it works fine... But if one were to able to simply display a label anywhere on the map without this, it would be more practical

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I'm asking for ports not for permanent forts

Thing is that in EBII, we don't use permanent forts because the CAI is obsessed with them, they pointlessly put armies into them, like moving in and out of them for no reason, and will even ignore assaults on their proper settlements nearby. We cannot fix this, it seems to be something hardcoded. So, unfortunately, using a permanent fort is a "broken feature".

This is why I think that having named ports able to build buildings and recruit units (working as coastal secondary cities) would be amazing. Even if we can just have named ports without more mechanics, that would be a cool feature
    Last edited by Trarco; January 19, 2021 at 03:37 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

yea, you can already have named ports via the method above

BTW, Cant you just make AI completely ignore forts by setting this value in descr_campaign_ai_db? "<merge_fort_priority_offset int = "-500"/>"

I am not an expert here but wouldn't you have problems due to certain hardcoded limitations? for example, the invisble agent will eventually die (or be even assassinated) and disappear from the map. Also, he could be "shrugged-off" by passing enemy army, etc, which make it rather impractical. Also according to old EBII scripters, tracking the agents via script would be difficult and the extensive scripting would slow the game down. In summary, as you said above, the other option that doesn't need agents sounds more practical and desirable.

In regard to that value, as I said I am not an expert at all, but I am going to ask this to QuintusSertorius and Gigantus who are the real experts. Thank you very much

No, the invisible agent method is solid but I think the biggest grip is that it requires a faction slot.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Gaming Emeritus

It doesnt, you can use rebels for it. Easy script to retire them at the beginning of every rebel turn, and spawn in the end of rebel turn, so they cant move them. See here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15932693

I stand corrected.

I'm thinking of something that might be interesting. Would it be possible to make a unit (or a unit type) to have an influence on the region it is stationed, regarding public order and economy for example?

Let's pretend I'm playing with France and conquered a city in Spain using my factional units and a bunch of mercenaries. What if I left that newly conquered city with my army and let the mercenaries as a garrison. Would it be possible to make them have an influence on public order as they would be less disciplined that regular soldier, or because they are strangers?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    you can probably do something similar with m2tweop scripts.
    Please let me know if you want me to elaborate on something or assist. The management capability was a highly useful feature of the Rome: Total War. Apparently something else that I do not know the purpose of has taken its place in the UI, because the same gauge or display is shown in EBII.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I have posted again but here is a short list that M2TW has hiden in its scripts from Rome I Abut never used.

• Swiming abillity for light units.
    • Multiple rive crossing paths in a battlemap even if there is a bridge in it (shalow waters).
    • Tunnels as siege method.
    • Multiple AI control armies that siege a city with EVERY SINGLE one of them building its own siege equipemnt such rams, ladders and towers.
    • Lomg range naval assaults made by AI.
    • More techtree buildings in the battlemap models of each settlement.
    • Settlement's population LINKED to soldiers that recuited from them (in Rome I the more soldiers you recruited the population became smaller, the more units dispaned in a settlement the population became larger).
    • Activation of the "field siege fortification" that its .cas and textures files exist in M2TW folders and are actually wooden walls that pretect archers that siege a city.
    • Abillity to start a siege , bombard it and then withdraw- exit battle - WITHOUT LIFTING THE SIEGE. (Not even CA/SEGA developers thought that in Attila.

Rome I features that remained hiden are douzens.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

MTW 1 Civil Wars. Best civil wars ever made in TW games, your country was split in two and you could chose the legitimists or usurpers. Provinces were splittled as well too...

Cannot remember if I already asked, but what about making the building queue like the recruitment one, where the bigger the town or certain buildings are built, more slots are open to recruit troops at the same time.

So a small town can only build one thing at the same time while a large city or one with a builder's guild can build three or four at the same time.

It bugs me a huge city last a whole year building a chapel while doing nothing else.

To compensate modders could either increase cost or build times.

Also, units influencing a region for better or worst could be helpful to create things like say, royal guard that could boost morale, or things like the Gold Cloaks of game of Thrones, units with varying upkeep cost but with larger public order value but mediocre or worst (or better) combat capabilities. Bonus points if you can actually make their morale or effectiveness bad whenever they are not defending a siege city.

Better if they can affect public morale on specific settlements or under certain conditions. I guess currently you can simulate this with a building, but actually having the city militia or police be, well, that is something interesting.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; January 25, 2021 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    MTW 1 Civil Wars. Best civil wars ever made in TW games, your country was split in two and you could chose the legitimists or usurpers. Provinces were splittled as well too...

Totaly agree i forgoten that! If i recall well civil wars were connected to King's low or high authority.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, though I dont reallistically see any way how would youneuoy do this without adding new factions.

But Im confident you can do this using existing functions already. As you can use "control" command to change your faction during singleplayer, you can create a simple yes/no scroll, where you could choose which side would you like to play as then the scripted revolt happens. You could keep it less scripted and more generic by using shadow mechanics (you just write "faction england, shadowing scotland" into descr_sm factions and its enabled, which allows generals to switch sides between the factions, increase revolt chances, add more disloayal traits and you are pretty much good to go (and add a generic yes/no script for this)

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Totaly agree i forgoten that! If i recall well civil wars were connected to King's low or high authority.
    Yes it was mostly relevant to authority and garrisoned captains would go Rebels with their cities when the secession happened(the menu that said the civil War started), MTW 1 team also had the project to make related factions(like e.g England marrying a french princess) supporting the rebellion but it never happened for technical reasons probably.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 27, 2021 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Yea, though I dont reallistically see any way how would youneuoy do this without adding new factions.

But Im confident you can do this using existing functions already. As you can use "control" command to change your faction during singleplayer, you can create a simple yes/no scroll, where you could choose which side would you like to play as then the scripted revolt happens. You could keep it less scripted and more generic by using shadow mechanics (you just write "faction england, shadowing scotland" into descr_sm factions and its enabled, which allows generals to switch sides between the factions, increase revolt chances, add more disloayal traits and you are pretty much good to go (and add a generic yes/no script for this)
    Yes you can create civil wars by script bit they will be prefixed. Not by the player's style of goverment as in MTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    Yes it was mostly relevant to authority and garrisoned captains would go Rebels with their cities when the secession happened(the menu that said the civil War started), MTW 1 team also had the project to make related factions(like e.g England marrying a french princess) supporting the rebellion but it never happened for technical reasons probably.
    That would be a great addition if any pne creates such a script.
    One thing that was very nice in MTW was the "spys" reports,. If you sent a spy in a region in MTW you recived pop up messages "the french gather armies and propably aim our state to invade" and similar ones.