Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16415657585960616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1491

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

https://thehill.com/homenews/ap/ap-p...ths-in-prison/

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Texas man convicted of storming the U.S. Capitol with a holstered handgun, helmet and body armor was sentenced Monday to more than seven years in prison, the longest sentence imposed so far among hundreds of Capitol riot cases.

Prosecutors said Guy Reffitt told fellow members of the Texas Three Percenters militia group that he planned to drag House Speaker Nancy Pelosi out of the Capitol building by her ankles, “with her head hitting every step on the way down,” according to a court filing.

Reffitt’s prison sentence — seven years and three months — is two years more than the previous longest prison sentence for a Capitol riot defendant. But it’s less than half the length of the 15-year prison term requested by a federal prosecutor, who called Reffitt a domestic terrorist and said he wanted to physically remove and replace members of Congress.

-

Reffitt’s 19-year-old son, Jackson, testified that his father told him and his sister, then 16, that they would be traitors if they reported him to authorities and warned them that “traitors get shot.”
    At least this violent thug is being removed from society before he decides to shoot up a school.

Of course as a Republican he's getting a lesser sentence then he would otherwise. Like the rest of them he should be getting five counts of felony murder.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Well, I don't think he will stay the entire 7 years in prison. I expect he will be out and about in 3-4 years.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Of course, he's a white republican after all. The justice system handled him and his fellow traitors with kid gloves because of that. Instead of life terms at Ft. Leavenworth or Guantanamo Bay, they've gotten ludicrously light sentences at club Fed.

Why would the Biden DOJ and Kackles backup regime handle him with kid gloves at all? Was the Jokackles admin complicit in this soft glove treatment?
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; August 03, 2022 at 08:23 PM.

Do you lot have any reason to hate Vice President Harris besides her skin color and being a woman? Or is it like SCJ Jackson and that's all the reason in the world for your side?

But to answer your question, most likely it's all of the Trump judges and holdovers your side was so proud of him for appointing because you all hoped they'd let right-wing terrorists off easy.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; August 04, 2022 at 04:13 AM.

Yes, because she is an insufferable idiot who built her career on incarcerating low level drug offenders for insane sentences in California even after admitting to "smoking doobies and listening to rap" during the same period she was locking up minorities for the same offense. Being a woman of any skin pigment does not matter to me at all. Any other questions?

Moderator Emeritus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Nq...nnel=LizCheney

Here is Dick Cheney helping Trump, by reminding us all that bad as Trump was, there were worse people there. Like Dick Cheney.
    I was laughing when I heard Cheney say that stealing an election is a bad thing considering that Bush2 also lost the popular vote and the blood Cheney has on his hands for destabilizing (Venezuela) or overthrowing (Iraq) regimes that didn't play by Halliburton's rules.
    "He is a coward, a real man wouldn't lie to his supporters!" said the guy that was lying to his supporters about the WMDs of Iraq.
    While Liz Cheney may be honoring her vow to the constitution, Dick Cheney didn't. The war on Iraq lies more on his shoulders than on Bush2.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    The war on Iraq lies more on his shoulders than on Bush2.
    I see what you did there.

Speaking of lies and liars: https://www.reuters.com/business/med...on-2022-08-04/

Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, separated parents of slain six-year-old Jesse Lewis, testified that Jones’ followers harassed them and sent them death threats for years in the false belief that the parents were lying about their son’s death.
    The 12-person jury will next consider the parents’ request for punitive damages from Jones for spreading falsehoods about the killing of 20 children and six staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, on Dec. 14, 2012.
    While he unfortunately won't go bankrupt, it's nice to see this repulsive person finally face consequences. Jones has done more damage to the nation than almost anyone alive or dead.

Update: https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/05/media...ook/index.html

New York (CNN Business)A Texas jury has decided to penalize Alex Jones with $45.2 million in punitive damages in a lawsuit filed by the parents of Sandy Hook shooting victim Jesse Lewis.

Plaintiffs Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis were awarded a total of just under $50 million in both compensatory and punitive damages. Of the total $49.3 million, the $45.2 million in punitive damages may be reduced due to Texas statute.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; August 06, 2022 at 02:01 AM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Do you lot have any reason to hate Vice President Harris besides her skin color and being a woman? Or is it like SCJ Jackson and that's all the reason in the world for your side?

But to answer your question, most likely it's all of the Trump judges and holdovers your side was so proud of him for appointing because you all hoped they'd let right-wing terrorists off easy.

How about because she is a hypocrite, she is a ruthless low IQ aparatcik that built her career by sending black kids to prison for smoking pot, that she opposes prison reform and supports the laws that see a disproportionate amount of black people thrown in prison for minor offenses, she has no morality to speak of and she is willing to step on bodies without any qualms. Need I continue?

I don't see how anyone can support the rights of minorities in the US and not hate Kamala. She is the main opponent of those very same rights.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Moderator Emeritus

While he unfortunately won't go bankrupt, it's nice to see this repulsive person finally face consequences. Jones has done more damage to the nation than almost anyone alive or dead.
    I also can't stomach him. He knows he is lying in half the crap he says; he just says them because that's his "persona".
    In that way, I think he's worse than Carson, because he knows he's a caricature.

Harassing a guy for saying wrong thing will make more folks convinced he is saying the right thing.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I see what you did there.

Speaking of lies and liars: https://www.reuters.com/business/med...on-2022-08-04/

Update: https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/05/media...ook/index.html
    He could have afforded competent lawyers, but looks like instead went with cheap. Maybe he's actually broke and went with the lowest bidder, or maybe the case was unwinnable and no competent lawyer would want that on their record, so he had to settle.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I don't exactly hate Harris, I just think she's horribly lame and doesn't deserve to be VP, let alone a future POTUS, especially after her reputation in California for throwing the mothers of truant students into jail and jailing black kids for minor marijuana offenses. These are not small things. She's certainly not a real progressive, nor is she the person for the moment. She didn't even win a single state in the primaries and for that matter didn't even make it to the first round before dropping out. At least Bernie Sanders went toe to toe with Joe Biden in the early primaries and has an actual following; even Elizabeth Warren had something to show for in the primaries. The only following Kamala has is the awkward, toxic "KHive" clique on Twitter and maybe some suburban wine moms and soccer moms who don't really follow politics, serious legislative issues, or really anything beyond superficial girlboss "yass queen" stuff.

The Democrats would be in better shape if they could clone John Fetterman a thousand times in different states. I like AOC, but her appeal doesn't stretch everywhere like his. I also think more people would be accepting of AOC on a national scale once she gets older, more stately, and millennials (who are generally more left leaning like Gen Z) take the place of Boomers and even Gen X as the older reliable voters.

EDIT: also, just want to toss in the mention about the FBI raiding Trump's properties in Mar-a-Lago. For those who are not Americans, this is a big deal due to being totally unprecedented. A federal judge basically gave the FBI a warrant to search his home, meaning they already had evidence of something very damaging in his possession. Otherwise they wouldn't dare to have the balls to do this to a former president. I wonder if it has anything to do with Alex Jones' confiscated phone? The latter was seized and its data sent to the January 6th Committee in Congress. It had potentially sensitive material considering Jones' involvement in the January 6 riot and storming of the Capitol.

Either that, or it's about those top secret national security documents he took and was planning to sell to the highest bidder.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...r-a-lago-raid/

I think many Republicans are just confused because they assumed investigations into Trump would be baseless political hit jobs like their investigations of any and all Democrats. They never imagined things would move forwards from there and don't understand that it's because unlike Biden (or Clinton, Obama, ect) Trump is being investigated because he is suspected of committing crimes, not for political reasons.

They are so used to corruption and lies that things actually working the way they're supposed to is strange and alarming to them.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; August 09, 2022 at 03:02 AM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Either that, or it's about those top secret national security documents he took and was planning to sell to the highest bidder.

I think many Republicans are just confused because they assumed investigations into Trump would be baseless political hit jobs like their investigations of any and all Democrats. They never imagined things would move forwards from there and don't understand that it's because unlike Biden (or Clinton, Obama, ect) Trump is being investigated because he is suspected of committing crimes, not for political reasons.

They are so used to corruption and lies that things actually working the way they're supposed to is strange and alarming to them.
    Is there still any convincing evidence that Trump deliberately reached the help of Russia in the election, or that he had a direct part in inciting the storming of the Capitol on January 6th?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

So basically, if Trump is caught stealing classified documents and upsetting the nerds at the National Archives, he'll be disqualified from ever taking public office ever again per 18 U.S.C. 2071 - "Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally" that states as much. On top of that, he could wind up in prison for up to three years on top of being fined. LOL. Every conservative MAGA guy/gal on Twitter will explode in a sea of rage, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    So basically, if Trump is caught stealing classified documents and upsetting the nerds at the National Archives, he'll be disqualified from ever taking public office ever again per 18 U.S.C. 2071 - "Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally" that states as much. On top of that, he could wind up in prison for up to three years on top of being fined. LOL. Every conservative MAGA guy/gal on Twitter will explode in a sea of rage, no doubt.
    Looks like another lib left “we got em now” cope, episode 967. Trump being Trump and doing/saying stupid stuff that breaks protocol has provided ample grounds for all kinds of federal investigations that busted some people for fibbing in their interviews, without producing anything like what the Democrats were speculating. You’ll have to forgive people for yawning when the left cries wolf again, now almost 2 years after the guy left office. If I were a Dem strategist, I’d be concerned that we’re this close to the midterms and all they have to run on is stalking their ex gf. I suspect “but Trump” will be the leftist “but her emails” for the next 30 years lol.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

American politics is so ing retarded man. On the one hand the republicans turning a standard FBI raid into the end of democracy on the planet, on the other the democrats believing trump stole documents - probably dressed as Nicholas Cage in National Treasure - to SELL to the highest bidder. A billionaire would risk his freedom and political career, which has been his sole ambition for at least 10 years, to sell stolen documents for a few million. Let that sink in.

How exactly do these people think he was going to sell those documents? Reprinted on the back of McDonalds burger wrappers?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    A billionaire would risk his freedom and political career, which has been his sole ambition for at least 10 years, to sell stolen documents for a few million. Let that sink in.
    A billionaire being irredeemably corrupt?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

There is a major difference between being corrupt and selling state secrets. The first is the norm in both parties. The latter is a stupid thing you do for chicken feed because you are tired of not being in prison.