Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: RTR VII Download Mirrors and Installation Guide

Default Re: RTR VII Download Mirrors and Installation Guide

Hi I have the Rome total war collection with the Alexander expansion
    I am pretty sure I have installed total realism correctly
    but the game keeps crashing about 10-20 seconds into the intro screen
    would anyone be able to help me with this problem?

I've followed the STEAM install instructions to the letter on page 1. When I launch BI form STEAMS's menu, I get BI. I've tried the desktop launcher, and as stated it won't work, I get an error about hording which I assume refers to BI.

Here's what I typed into launch options -mod:RTRVII-show_err

Any ideas?

The download stole 7gb of free hard disk space cant find the files and now I will have to format my entire hardrive thing Which I am not able to do

Sorry it was just my Comodo Antivirus which messed it up

Installation instructions for steam no longer work as of 2020, the used to work, last I tried was a couple years ago. Now I get error: filename doesn't exist and strange letters eOa with accents and tildas. Used to play this all the time. Fresh system (just bought), AV off.

I remember that in the first version RTR VII was a big "[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]relationship"[/COLOR] between generals and armies in Rome campaign. For example if we appoint as generals character without consul ancillary our army will run away even if we have outnumbered, but I can not see this in version gold. Is there any way restore this [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]relationship[/COLOR]?

I remember that in the first version RTR VII was a big relationship between generals and armies in Rome campaign. For example if we appoint as generals character without consul ancillary our army will run away even if we have outnumbered, but I can not see this in version gold. Is there any way restore this relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by krolu View Post
    I remember that in the first version RTR VII was a big relationship between generals and armies in Rome campaign. For example if we appoint as generals character without consul ancillary our army will run away even if we have outnumbered, but I can not see this in version gold. Is there any way restore this relationship?
    WHat you're describing is in there, RTRVII, where you have to promote your eligible generals up the Cursus Honorum and only Consuls can lead armies in foreign territory(I believe) without huge penalties. I'm not sure you're outnumbered army would runaway necessarily, it's mainly for role-playing but there are tangible repercussions. In Roman territory, I think most penalties are negated.

This is great mod, but there is the same problem like in whole TW series, you think this is over you will lose this battle but suddently enemy general charging into your troops and he die honorably. After that, enemy army routs and you have herotic victory. Moders try to fight with this strengthening generals unit but what would by hapend if the generals unit will by very weak? Or they will can't moved on the battle map? Even AI charging with whit weak units (levy skirmisher) very rare. I'm not a moder so please don't shoot.

Hi, nice game,

The only bad thing is the dacian infantry that are using shields and falx looks stupid with shields, cos the use 2 hand grip on the weapon. the animation needs to change unfortunately..