Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]- ONLY MOVEMENT IS COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3.beta

No, I'm not so idiot, luckilly. Anyway I've done worse than your hypotesis in my idiot life.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]- ONLY MOVEMENT IS COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3.beta

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    No, I'm not so idiot, luckilly. Anyway I've done worse than your hypotesis in my idiot life.
    We all did at some point buddy.

Patrician

you should have heard my insults to workers this morning 7.30 am. You might have liked the scene
    slowly falling into present deep darkness here

you should have heard my insults to workers this morning 7.30 am. You might have liked the scene
    slowly falling into present deep darkness here
    Well, life is as much dark as you make it. Something like the Deep Web I guess.

Patrician

I do not agree (not personally but objectively and relatively) but that's not the place to go on further with philosophical implications about what really darkness and life are inside a defined context.
    Turtles are sleeping right now in this thread, they get angry if improperly awakened.

About Testudo 1.4, for people interested, I was almost able to finish conversion (and little adds on) some days before CA patch.
    Regarding the facts that I don't have time and that DeI team is again busy balancing main mod, people interested (me too, I assure you) will have to wait until the turtles will naturally awake.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; July 17, 2018 at 01:53 PM.

Let's not disrurb the turtles indeed.
    Good to know about the update.

Crappy's Avatar Civis

do not disturb the turtles?

how about DO NOT DISTURB MY CIRCLES!!

Look forward to the update when you finally have the time and DEI team puts out their updates

Patrician

Hey, sorry man!
    Remember that you're directly and phisically part of an amphibious semen/egg, at least if Mr Darwin was right.

Anyway, since testudo is mostly focused on lowering bonuses and giving maluses, more or less, it is better to wait for last CA update to exit beta and consequently for DeI patch, since it seems it makes characters overpowered.
    Thing I don't like at all.
    I didn't understand if those new traits can be customized/modded or not. Would be really cool if the answer is positive. Seems not, if I read correctly one of Dresden latest threads.
    I'm closing right now the testudo adaptation for latest DeI and gonna test it a little, but, so I think now, I will release a version after overall balancing, always considering if job and summer parties will permit that.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; July 21, 2018 at 07:51 AM.

Υοu're not eligible for parties Jake...you're old.

I'm so keen for these to be updated with the latest CA patch and DeI version out. Holding off starting a new campaign until everything is finalized and ready

Patrician

@GS: parties begin at 15's and finish at 80's or till you have legs.
    @itsweeting: i have a working updated pack but I can't make treasury script working for some strange issue which I still have to track. Thx for showing interest
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; July 23, 2018 at 07:39 AM.

OK. Why you didn't have the idea to replace the stance NONE of the vanilla ? It have assigned default stance but have no effects designed in effect bundles to effect junctions; so it's possible to use it and free this for your improvement of testudo stances and even to make same thing with this stance (I mean different effects for different number of units in army)
    Last edited by leonardusius; August 01, 2018 at 09:17 AM.

Patrician

Here is how it works:
    1) in testudo, every stance is changed besides garrison stance that already has a complex script that's ok to me
    2) in testudo, every stance (garrison excluded) has different values depending on number of units (1-2 / 3-4 / 5-6 / 7-9 / 10-14 / 15-17 / 18-19 / 20+). For having a micromanaging effect.
    3) vanilla none stance = testudo active stance (similar to vanilla patrol stance but with some values adapted)
    4) vanilla patrol stance = testudo replenishment stance (cause in testudo you can mostly replenish only when garrisoned or with this stance)
    5) vanilla fortify stance = testudo fortify stance (similar to vanilla but with some values adapted)
    6) vanilla raiding stance = testudo raiding stance (similar to vanilla but with some values adapted)

no navy stance has been changed
    mod works only for player, Ai works as per vanilla

I'll check march and engage and think about how to improve testudo stance.
    Or use testudo's method to implement march and engage without losing an entire stance.

ps. 6° may was my last update, hell, seems yesterday.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 01, 2018 at 10:36 AM.

For me sound a way better testudo development than testudo active stance. And is not defined in TESTUDO_stan_Stances_Edicts_effect_bundles !!

Patrician

What do you intend with testudo development?
    Active stance is scripted (to diversify number of units), effects are inside TESTUDO_stan_effects_bundles_to_effects_junctions

What do you intend with testudo development?
    Active stance is scripted (to diversify number of units), effects are inside TESTUDO_stan_effects_bundles_to_effects_junctions
    Let's remind this: vanilla have only this stances
    1. None
    2. Forced march
    3. Ambush
    4. Fortify
    5 Raid.
    From where you pull out ''4) vanilla patrol stance = testudo replenishment stance (cause in testudo you can mostly replenish only when garrisoned or with this stance)'' ?????????? because vanilla don't have any Patrol stance.
    On the other hand DeI replaced Forced March with patrol Stance. End.
    Last edited by leonardusius; August 02, 2018 at 03:13 AM.

Patrician

I never talked about CA vanilla, always about DeI vanilla, that has:

1. None
    2. Patrol (CA vanilla Forced march)
    3. Ambush
    4. Fortify
    5 Raid.
    6 Garrison

in testudo I did:

1. None (DeI vanilla) = testudo active stance (similar to DeI vanilla patrol stance but with some values adapted) -SCRIPTED (works with every stance except garrison)
    2. Patrol (DeI vanilla) = testudo replenishment stance (cause in testudo you can mostly replenish only when garrisoned or with this stance) - changed values into db
    3. Ambush (DeI vanilla) = testudo ambush stance (similar to DeI vanilla but with some values adapted) - changed values into db
    4. Fortify (DeI vanilla) = testudo fortify stance (similar to DeI vanilla but with some values adapted) - changed values into db
    5 Raid (DeI vanilla) = testudo raiding stance (similar to DeI vanilla but with some values adapted) - changed values into db
    6 Garrison (DeI vanilla) = Garrison (DeI vanilla) - no change

so, maybe, adapting march and engage will just need to replace testudo replenishment stance (that is Patrol -DeI vanilla- or Forced march -CA vanilla-) with march and engage.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 02, 2018 at 05:47 AM.

I have some questions since I saw you're very analytic, like me:
    1. why rom_province_growth_province_effects -0.6 ? Negative growth ? Reason ?
    2. why rom_force_campaign_mod_replenishment_rate -0.6 ? Reason ?
    3. rom_tech_military_management_unit_cost_mod 3 ? What means that ? Units will cost more ? 3 (end_round_completed) means what ?
    4. why you used very much the ''this_force_local_province'', since it is possible that your other regions of province to be held by enemies/others ???
    Last edited by leonardusius; October 06, 2018 at 11:37 AM.

Patrician

1. 'cause testudo in general lowers growth
    2. 'cause testudo in general lowers replenishment
    3. + 3% to unit cost, when you buy it
    4. for region in a province held by others, it won't take effect
    5. I will

1. 'cause testudo in general lowers growth
    2. 'cause testudo in general lowers replenishment
    3. + 3% to unit cost, when you buy it
    4. for region in a province held by others, it won't take effect
    5. I will
    1. Understand
    2. Understand
    3. Understand
    4. Why not ? Suppose you move this force into your another region province but owned by enemy, and enter this stance.......
    And still prefer 'this_force_local_province' over all regions in that province because it's not so powerful/not so much impact positive/negative; and allow me to raise the numbers more if i'm using (more impact) this_force_local_province.
    5. Seems latest DeI don't work proper with Stances (I use @@@@@@@_TESTUDO_1.3_Stan_GETAE.pack)
    6. I'm torturing myself trying to apply your stances for Rome 2 vanilla (not DEI) and to add same concept as yours (diversify number of units) for a new stance (I called DEVELOPMENT) replacing vanilla forced march (what DEI done with patrol stance). Seems I make mistakes, but don't know where.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by leonardusius; August 02, 2018 at 01:53 PM.