Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: - Download links & Installation -

Default Re: RELEASED: RVINA ROMAE

Quote Originally Posted by SgtNase View Post
    Unfortunately, the file has been deleted
    These sites are super unreliable, they always delete the files after a certain amount of time. This time, I re-uploaded the text in Total War Center. You can download it from here. I also took the liberty to add the link to the small patch in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    These sites are super unreliable, they always delete the files after a certain amount of time. This time, I re-uploaded the text in Total War Center. You can download it from here. I also took the liberty to add the link to the small patch in the OP.
    Hi, I'm still living that problem, despite download and use that file. There were a lot of crashes in my Alan game but now in constantine game every battle crashing even before start during battle speech.

Quote Originally Posted by gepeac View Post
    Hi, I'm still living that problem, despite download and use that file. There were a lot of crashes in my Alan game but now in constantine game every battle crashing even before start during battle speech.
    Τhat's weird. When the units are missing textures (which is the problem that file is supposed to solve), the game crashes during the loading screen, not the general's speech. Does it happen with every army? You can test it, by disbanding every unit type and then reload the game, until you find the culprit.

Default Re: - Download links & Installation -

Hi there,

I've been enjoying playing this mod a lot, but I wanted to comment that I'm unfortunately suffering from the bug which Abuldmecid's fix intended to rectify. I'm in the year 465 CE as the Western Romans, and I've been fighting the Ostrogoths for ages now. This one battle, of all times now, keeps crashing because of the Gothic cavalry texture glitch. I did what you said by deleting the old file and putting the new one in to replace it, but this has done nothing to alleviate my problem. I would appreciate any help you could give on this matter. If it helps, the exact error I get right before the battle loads is: "Generic Error -- Failed to Find Texture -- 'ibrr/models_units/textures_Gaitten_unit_datoyan_asvaran_lancer_D.tif'

I would appreciate any help you could give, I've gotten rather far in this campaign and am rather disappointed with this issue coming up. Thanks for your support - and thanks for supporting the best Rome Total War mod out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan_Suleiman View Post
    Hi there,

I've been enjoying playing this mod a lot, but I wanted to comment that I'm unfortunately suffering from the bug which Abuldmecid's fix intended to rectify. I'm in the year 465 CE as the Western Romans, and I've been fighting the Ostrogoths for ages now. This one battle, of all times now, keeps crashing because of the Gothic cavalry texture glitch. I did what you said by deleting the old file and putting the new one in to replace it, but this has done nothing to alleviate my problem. I would appreciate any help you could give on this matter. If it helps, the exact error I get right before the battle loads is: "Generic Error -- Failed to Find Texture -- 'ibrr/models_units/textures_Gaitten_unit_datoyan_asvaran_lancer_D.tif'

I would appreciate any help you could give, I've gotten rather far in this campaign and am rather disappointed with this issue coming up. Thanks for your support - and thanks for supporting the best Rome Total War mod out there!
    There are two quick fixes for your problem:
    -one is to copy a working texture file and rename it as the file you need.
    -the other is to edit decr_model_battle.txt and replace the entry with the corrupted texture with a working one.

In both cases you will have the Goths using some other faction's texture, but who cares after all

That's weird, because the Gothic lancers are supposed to work fine. The problem might lie in a small spelling error. The name of the model is "Gaiiten" and not "Gaitten". If this is indeed the issue, the easiest way to fix is following Spartan's second solution. Open the "descr_model_battle.txt" file on notepad and search (using Control + F) for the Asavaran lancers textures. Then, replace "Gaitten" with "Gaiiten" and it should work normally. If that fails, could you do some tests (through custom battles and tell me what's the exact Ostrogoth unit that causes the problem?

Hey there,

Thanks for both of your replies, I appreciate the help but regrettably the text fix does not work - but I admit this is my fault because I incorrectly transcribed the error. It is, as you said Abdulmecid, "Gaiiten" and not the other one I wrote. My fault there! That being said, I did as you said and booted up the game to find the problem unit. I tried several battles against the Ostrogoths and no unit seemed to crash the game. When I went into campaign, I fought the same army that caused the crash and I am now 99% sure the unit is the Tafali Cnithe cavalry unit (which did not appear in custom battles oddly enough).

I have this suspicion because that army is made up of infantry units which I have fought many, many times before without issue (tribal levies, Gothic heavy spearmen, et cetera) and only two cavalry units: Greuthngi Cnithe (which I originally thought had caused the error, but I tested them in custom battles and they're fine, plus my Roman variant of that unit has been working perfectly since the start of my campaign) and the Tafali Cnithe, which I am also pretty sure I didn't fight before in this campaign. I posted a link to a Steam screenshot I took that has an image of the army and unit information card if this helps.

As for Spartan's recommendations, I am grateful. However, I have only a rudimentary knowledge on file editing and was not able to know how exactly to edit or replace this unit's texture. I hope this information can help specifically diagnose the issue and identify what the problem unit is specifically too, since I was afraid to go in and alter the files out of fear of messing something up!

Tafali Cnithe image:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2747209387

Well, that's weird. I checked both cavalry units and they work fine. One glimpse of hope is perhaps a second spelling mistake, the file's name should be "asavaran" and not "asvaran". If that's the problem, you can fix it by editing the notepad file, in the manner I described in my first reply. If the spelling is actually correct, then you could download again the two problematic files. The texture should go to IBRR/data/models_unit/textures. As for the text (attached to this comment), copy-paste it into IBRR/data. If the problem persists, then you can send me your save (found in IBRR/saves). I will then download it and look if my game crashes too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Abdulmecid, your fix worked like a charm. Thank you sincerely for your help. I appreciate both your and Spartan's time for helping me sort this issue out. I loaded the battle up fine, and the enemy cavalry worked as if they were never broken in the first place! I did as you said, replaced the texture file with the one you uploaded and put in the text document. That is what seemed to fix it. All is well now, thank you very much for your help once again and for your support on this wonderful mod!

Alright, hate to have to type this but I sadly am facing another issue. It's not related to the fix though I'm pretty sure, because I loaded an older save and I don't encounter this same issue on that! For some reason, my game now crashes every time I get to the Huns after I end my turn. Not sure why this has arisen, seems weird. Wanted to bring it up just in case anyone has an idea for a fix or if this is something that was encountered before.

Oh, that sucks! I have no idea what may have caused this problem. The changes on the texture files are supposed to be save-game compatible and, in any case, the issue seems unrelated. Did you by any chance click on the advisor? Doing so activates the various scripts, which are however broken, so the end turn will result into a desktop crush. Otherwise, there is a chance the Huns are doing something naughty. Are they about to conquer a settlement? Are they becoming a horde again? This may cause problems, because of all the armies and generals getting generated for the horde. You can use the "toggle_fow" command to watch every corner of the map. If the issue persists, you can send me your save file and I'll try to check it out.

I've done as you said with toggle_fow, and it seems to crash either towards the end or middle of the Eastern Roman Empire's turn, so the Huns may not have been the culprit all along! I appreciate your generous offer of checking out the save file, and I have attached it here as a .zip file. Thank you once again, and if you cannot find anything then it is not any trouble. I feel as if I have bothered you much about my technical issues as is!

IBRR-west-bkup2.rar

Good news! I copy-pasted your save and, indeed, as you said, the game crushed during the Byzantines' turn. I checked out if they or the Huns were doing anything naughty, but things seemed normal. After several tries, the game kept crashing, until I recruited a diplomat in Thessaly and attacked a few Byzantine armies in Epirus (both retreated without a fight). I then clicked next turn and the game progressed fine without an issue. I saved the file and then clicked again next turn, which was also completed without any hiccup. No idea how I fixed it or if the solution is permanent. If it happens again, I can only suggest doing some random moves that might influence how the AI reacts on its turn and thus prevent the bug from occurring.

By the way, in an irrelevant advice, I noticed that the Flavius dynasty is dying out. A good way to rescue the royals is to deny adoptions. Adoptions are the contraceptives of Rome I, as the fewer family members you have, the more births are generated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you friend, I once again appreciate your taking the time to help me out on this and I am glad to see the save is running well. Hopefully I won't have to ask anything of you again - I've bothered enough with all this as is. Also, thank you for the advice about my dynasty. I hardly noticed actually. I haven't played RTW in a long while before I picked up IBRR. Hopefully I can save my dynasty, but if not some other family will have to complete my campaigns against the Eastern Romans! Thanks again!

Alternative download link please? Depositfiles is simply abysmal and mega is down.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Hello gentlemen, I took the liberty to try to save this gem for future generations and to upload the mod to ModDB, thanks to EzeckLupo who found the files on his PC: Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Romae mod for Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion - Mod DB.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Hey, can anyone help me? I downloaded IBRR, unpacked it and put entire file into RTW main folder. Then in Steam properties I put that RomeTW... stuff to start mod instead of BI. However, when I start the mod, it shows BI picture (the one that says all trademurk and stuff) and then load vanilla RTW menu. I tried for an houre but have no idea how to launch mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Majkl View Post
    Hey, can anyone help me? I downloaded IBRR, unpacked it and put entire file into RTW main folder. Then in Steam properties I put that RomeTW... stuff to start mod instead of BI. However, when I start the mod, it shows BI picture (the one that says all trademurk and stuff) and then load vanilla RTW menu. I tried for an houre but have no idea how to launch mod.
    You have to put this in steam properties
    RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:ibbr (right?)

Then start the game and select BI instead of RTW. Then it should work, if you have installed it correctly.

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Hey, sorry my bad. The file I downloaded was corrupted so it did not work. Awkward

the problem specifically lies with the Sagitarii graves, which I mad e atemporary work around for, and the Gothic Cnithe and Horde Gothic Cnithe (Of the Ostrogoths and visigoths), where do I find those two units in the descr_model_battle folder so I can change their sprites? thx

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011