Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hotseat Launcher Released

Default Re: Hotseat Launcher Released

@Radekk17:

Turn 180!?! Great! I don't know what could be the issue with SS using the HS launcher, I have not tried ot for myself. I can only assume it might be a scripting issue similar to that posted by IE about BC. You are using the correct SS 6.4 config file?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=381707

@deathteam15:

The way the game engine works, there is no way to make the hotseat launcher load save games without relaunching the game. Having it quit automatically after ending a turn fits in with the design of the launcher anyway. After you play a turn, there is nothing you can do until your next turn is ready. Quitting the game allows the player to continue with other tasks until their turn is ready again.

The hotseat launcher is designed to make it easier to play hotseat games over a network/internet, where you have no control over when people play their turns. If you are playing with a friend locally, perhaps it would be better to play a normal hotseat game on the same PC?
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    @Radekk17:

Turn 180!?! Great! I don't know what could be the issue with SS using the HS launcher, I have not tried ot for myself. I can only assume it might be a scripting issue similar to that posted by IE about BC. You are using the correct SS 6.4 config file?
    Yes, we using this 6.4 xml. It's very strange, because he write that they can play with 8 players and it works. I wonder, what we have different then they.

They tested this on hamachi, and we with dropbox, but it has no effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Radekk17 View Post
    They tested this on hamachi, and we with dropbox, but it has no effect?
    It shouldn't make any difference. Hamachi, Dropbox and Live mesh are only used for file transfers.

Icon7 Re: Hotseat Launcher Released

Thanks for the suggestions, but i've found another alternative I mapped a network drive, and using the mklink command in the command prompt made the computer think the save files are stored in the regular place, when they are in fact stored in the network drive. I then did this with the other computer, so all each player has to do is save the game after their turn then the person on the other PC just loads that save straight away, and voila, it's as if you're playing a co-op campaign (this process is futher speeded up with the use of quick save/load).

Great job UK! It's brilliant that I can play with my friends online in a hotseat. We're all playing using a small mod I made myself, which works perfectly. I was wondering, if anyone would care to enlighten me whether it is possible to modify files (such as the EDU, EDB, battle_models and descr_mount) and then being able to continue the campaign; as in whether it is save-game compatible.
    Et Tu Brute?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

IMO it should be, everyone must have the modified files, and of course do a backup of them first.

Thank you, we'll try
    Et Tu Brute?

actually don't listen to me, i have no idea about this
    i didn't realize immediately, it depends very much on what you want to edit, i'm pretty sure it isn't possible to do big changes, removing units/buildings i'm pretty sure not (but making units unrecruitable in the EDB might be possible), adding units/buildings i don't know, it could be ok. tweaks like (some) unit stats, attributes and building capabilities i also think should be ok.

i advise to few changes at a time and check if it works. i'm sorry if i was wrong.
    Last edited by Vipman; July 09, 2012 at 02:28 PM.

That's fine thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Et Tu Brute?

vipman is correct, it depends on what you want to edit. tweaking stats and costs might be fine, but adding/removing units and buildings might cause problems.

Hy guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem... I'm trying to play broken crescent with hotseat launcher... everything works well when is my turn (for the first time) but when is the turn of my friend he loads the game, press turn button but nothing happens. The game quits but it is still his turn. Does anyone knows what might be the problem?

Thanks

Is there a way to change the default difficulty? everyone is playing medieval 2 with hotseat launcher at the medium difficulty? that is hard to believe...

Don't you think it would be possible to make battle against real player in the campaign ?
    You could go to the lan battle maker as if you were playing a historical battle when you would start a battle with the real forces and at the end it would return to the campaign map.
    After all you managed to play a campaign in lan, why not the battles.
    If you want some help I would be very happy to help you.

Delete please.
    Last edited by Vipman; November 07, 2012 at 04:23 PM.

i know this has been asked before, but is there any way to change the difficulty?

I have not yet found an easy way to do this. It seems like it could be possible to set the difficulty with the campaign scripts, but this requires some modding experience. You might also be able to start a HS game and replace the first automated save game with your own, but this would also be very tricky.

Sorry I can't help further.

Quote Originally Posted by moby2222 View Post
    i know this has been asked before, but is there any way to change the difficulty?

We also try play stainless steel 6.4 with hotseat launcher, but there's a strange problem.
    On turn 1, everything is ok, but if we start turn 2, always the cost of all buildings decrease on 50% original cost. (brothel cost is 1000 and on turn 2 cost is 500). But this would not matter so much.
    Around the turns 7-10, i cannot recruit units on everything settlement, it writes everywhere that there's 0 recruitment slots.
    i also have this bug with ss, any easy way to fix yet?

Most probably someone (probably player before you in turn) has different settings selected in SS launcher.

so have you used it (with SS) and it worked fine? im fairly sure we had the same setting ect

Hotseat launcher? No. But this has happened a few times in some normal hotseats hold in the hotseat campaigns subforum, the part about 0 recruitment slots I'm talking about. Also another bug which appears to some factions is the fact that all generals/family members lose their movement points. The source of these problems was never found and first one was never fixed from what I know.

How many factions have this problem? Have you switched it between AI control and human control or was it set as human faction from the start?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast