Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this mod still alive?

Default Is this mod still alive?

I hope yes i haven't seen any update form a long time....

Default Re: Is this mod still alive?

Not really... from what I know the mod has merged with another mod that is in development, taking a ton of the scripts and such to there. Cannot remember its name though....

Italia Invicta. Though it's now almost entirely the other mod. The ones here seem to have dropped off the map.
    "Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them made"- Otto von Bismarck

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Re Berengario stopped modding M2TW, so it's more or less officially a zombie mod

Some of his ideas will be used in II but since he's not actively participating in the development process they will be "watered down" by me.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

I hope yes i haven't seen any update form a long time....
    Well I guess there are no more updates that need to be made for this. Every mod reaches a point at some stage when there is nothink more you can do to it. And we all need new challenges in life.

I got my first beta testing experience with AD, around 3,050 posts ago, and the mod was brilliant. Wish Re Berengario I the best of luck with whatever he does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    I got my first beta testing experience with AD, around 3,050 posts ago, and the mod was brilliant. Wish Re Berengario I the best of luck with whatever he does.
    Indeed, I have to agree, AD was the first mod I have played and it was brilliant to say at least. Best of luck to Re Berengarion I!
    Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
    Ubi vino proxima morientis ori.

AD was the first mod I really got into, too. it must have been over a year ago when I downloaded the first public beta version that made you butcher your M2TW directory just to install it...the good old days...

Re Berengario has some terrific ideas for M2TW but I don't think he really had the right tools to really make them work. I can hope someday he'll return to modding (Empire TW, maybe?).

Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    AD was the first mod I really got into, too. it must have been over a year ago when I downloaded the first public beta version that made you butcher your M2TW directory just to install it...the good old days...

Re Berengario has some terrific ideas for M2TW but I don't think he really had the right tools to really make them work. I can hope someday he'll return to modding (Empire TW, maybe?).
    Oh, he's still dabbling in modding from time to time, but Crusader Kings not M2TW. He told me that CK is much more friendly to us modders anyways :hmmm:

As for Empires: I highly doubt that, unless CA's company policy changes a lot, he might not even buy it. The same goes for me by the way (especially concerning mod support).

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Oh, he's still dabbling in modding from time to time, but Crusader Kings not M2TW. He told me that CK is much more friendly to us modders anyways :hmmm:
    I would agree with you, I've only recently registered on the forums, but I've read them for a long time...and it's always surprised me how often people go out of their way to play mods and then only complain about them... Oh, well.

But I think the forums are a little hard on CA, too. People complain about modding being cumbersome (and it is).But they made a great game, and just looking at files like the battle_models.modelsdb or map_heights (I've modded a bit on my own) you can tell that a lot of the game was never meant to be altered by hand, but they went out of their way to make a surprising amount of the game mod-able.

Just out of curiosity, how would you like to see their policy change?
    Last edited by Doge; January 16, 2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: edit, typo

First of all I'd like to see a game that isn't 90% about graphics and 10% about gameplay. Then I'd like to be able to actually mod most of the integral game parts, not just scratch the surface.
    Oh and of course not sprouting bugs at every opportunity is also on the wishlist.

The main point for me is the graphics vs gameplay thing though. M2TW is so simple and easy that it almost physically hurts to play the strategy part. And the battle part is not a huge lot better.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

First of all I'd like to see a game that isn't 90% about graphics and 10% about gameplay. Then I'd like to be able to actually mod most of the integral game parts, not just scratch the surface.
    Oh and of course not sprouting bugs at every opportunity is also on the wishlist.

The main point for me is the graphics vs gameplay thing though. M2TW is so simple and easy that it almost physically hurts to play the strategy part. And the battle part is not a huge lot better.
    I have to second that opinion. Graphics are the first thing people look for, but once you get over the oohs and aahs of new graphics, there is a LOT of stuff that is sadly lacking.

CA has made quite a bit of the game more mod friendly, but they have a long ways to go, and the limits you run into are the most maddening part. A very simple example is trying to mod resources, that entire system blows, as does the rest of the economy. The scripting limits are really frustrating too, and as alpaca said very bug prone.

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Well I guess there are no more updates that need to be made for this. Every mod reaches a point at some stage when there is nothink more you can do to it. And we all need new challenges in life.
    And how many mods have gotten to that stage?

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    I have to second that opinion. Graphics are the first thing people look for, but once you get over the oohs and aahs of new graphics, there is a LOT of stuff that is sadly lacking.

CA has made quite a bit of the game more mod friendly, but they have a long ways to go, and the limits you run into are the most maddening part. A very simple example is trying to mod resources, that entire system blows, as does the rest of the economy. The scripting limits are really frustrating too, and as alpaca said very bug prone.
    I third that opinion.

AD still brings a nostalgic tear to my eyes. It was the first M2TW mod I played & my first posts were here too.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

shame it is gone

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

This mod is still, even with bugs one of the best on TWC.
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

so no more?

No more.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Since this mod has essentially passed it's sell by date, so to speak, can someone tell me is it worth keeping this forum here?..

Please no emotional pleas, if it's been surpassed by other mods and not being updated it has to go..

Thank you..

Indefinitely Banned

75 downloads for the past week is pretty good...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast