Thread: Andor is better than Mandalorian

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Andor is better than Mandalorian

That's right, you heard me.
    SPOILER WARNING for anyone who hasn't seen any of these Disney Plus shows, but if you haven't seen them you shouldn't be reading this.

Now, to be fair, The Mandalorian is not the same type of series even though it is also in the Star Wars fictional universe.

The Mandalorian is basically a space Western, aka interstellar Clint Eastwood duking it out cowboys and Indians style like a vigilante in a town with a crooked sheriff and cartoonish villains, most of them alien creatures, but also some zealous followers of the fallen Empire fighting the New Republic. To me, Bill Burr is the highlight of the show.

Andor, on the other hand, is a cloak-and-dagger spy thriller showing us both the high society politics and gritty street level view of how a violent brewing insurgency would look against a galactic-sized fascist dictatorship hellbent on crushing conquered peoples and lower castes with brutal authoritarianism, excessive force, and unwarrantedly punitive measures. All while focusing on a character who's a thief but an honest one trying to do what he can to survive while sticking it to the Empire. Plus, the supporting cast of famous actors Forest Whitaker, Stellan Skarsgard, and Andy Serkis bring this rough-and-tumble story to life.

To be honest, though, The Book of Boba Fett is even dumber/cheesier than The Mandalorian and yet it's more satisfying with "hell yeah" moments whenever Boba Fett beats the hell out of a monster or a mob boss and gains the respect of his peers. At least the colorful characters in Boba Fett aren't humorless one-dimensional snooze fests like the various Mandalorians in exile from their home planet. Puppet Baby Yoda, i.e. Grogu, also provides enough cheesiness to almost level it out with the Jaba the Hutt creatures in Boba Fett. The latter also competes with some of its own decent cameos, like actor Danny Trejo being a "rancor" animal trainer.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is a slightly more serious show than Mando and is almost as good as Andor, but Andor is still better. They both take place during The Empire and both focus on the rebellion against it. However, Obi-Wan Kenobi has that whimsical quality to it like the Star Wars films, which isn't a bad thing for fan service, whereas Andor is far darker, more dystopian, and more realistic (as realistic as one can be in a science fiction setting). The whole prison sequence is terrifying, with the theme of having all your rights taken away and you just becoming a chattel slave working yourself to death like it's the Holocaust, only it's just random people who committed petty crimes getting lost in the system. There's nothing quite like it in all the Star Wars media I've seen, especially the season 1 finale where the amazing posthumous recorded speech of Cassian's mother causes a riot during a funeral procession that turns into a full blown insurrection.

Honestly, give the show a chance, you'll probably like it even if you dislike The Mandalorian for its cheesiness. I still like that show, and Pedro Pascal rules and everything, but in all honesty it's not a great show. It's average compared to Andor, which sadly will only have one more season.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Andor is better than Mandalorian

I was thinking to make a thread about this, or actually the reverse: How the Mandalorian is the best thing to come out of Star wars in the past many years.
    I liked Andor but Mandalorian (especially season 2) is better. I can't yet talk about season 3, but it is strong so far... if you have watched the Mandalorian episodes of Bobba Fett and you know things from Star Wars Rebels (as in, what to expect from Bo Katan and how important some things are).

In my opinion, the main failing of Mandalorian Season 3 is that it relies too heavily on very important things that happened in the Book of Bobba Fett. Back in Season 2, we leave the Mandalorian as Baby Yoda is away with Luke Skywalker and Ashoka.
    Season 3 starts with the Mandalorian having a very different ship (the one Anakin had in the battle of Naboo), with the Baby Yoda and banished from the Tribe. People watching only the Mandalorian would blink in surprise and scramble to see what the hell happened and check if they have lost any episodes.
    Well, they have: 2 entire episodes in Book of Bobba Fett are entirely with the Mandalorian, with Bobba Fett and his assassin retainer having a smaller role than Bobba Fett had in his episodes of the Mandalorian. And then, there's a 3rd episode in Book of Bobba Fett that the Mandalorian has a great role.
    Last edited by alhoon; March 23, 2023 at 08:17 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Giancarlo Esposito as the imperial villain Moff Gideon is great, but The Mandalorian is a truly scatterbrained show, sometimes it's all over the place and barely consistent, and suffers from exactly what you just mentioned with Season 3. Even if you didn't have to watch Book of Boba Fett to get it, the show would still have bizarre pacing. In one episode we focus on the former imperials now serving the Republic, and then just ignore them in the next episode. The narratives aren't interwoven neatly at all and don't make sense when juxtaposed over several episodes. That's just bad writing.

The latest episode is also almost a complete throwaway with nothing of consequence happening except Grogu being initiated somewhat into the order of Mandalor (as a novice too young to wear a helmet, of course). The whole subplot of the giant bird stealing the kid is just a meandering mess that doesn't affect the trajectory of the show, and the flashback Grogu had about being saved by a Jedi was totally clumsily presented exposition and largely confusing at that. The audience is not given a reason to know why it's important or to even care about the characters in the flashback, who have not yet been seen in the show and have almost no relevance to the main characters in it.

To be honest, I'm not sure exactly why you think it's better than Andor. You have stated as much, but haven't actually given a concrete reason as to why.

The characters of Andor have so much more depth, they have complex motives and competing desires, regrets and faults, whereas Mandalorian is largely just Pedro Pascal protecting an annoying infant from getting eaten by alien monsters or stopping him from misbehaving or getting saved by Grogu in return. Again, the sequences with Bill Burr are probably the best part about the show, especially the last episode with him when he kills a bunch of imperials after he cannot stand how evil they are, while initially posing as one during a secret mission with Mando. If the show had quality writing like that more often it could compete with Andor. Otherwise it's just one long slog about the Mandalorians being Ancient Sparta warrior society in space, which is becoming increasingly grating and tiresome.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure exactly why you think it's better than Andor. You have stated as much, but haven't actually given a concrete reason as to why.
    Weeeell... mostly because I either don't mind what you consider bad or actually consider it a bonus.
    Example: I like that the episodes of Mandalorian are much more "Standalone" than Andor's. I like that the Mandalorians are more or less ideologically split between Spartans in Space and Vikings in Space while the two factions are culturally close. I also prefer Space Western more than Space political / spy drama. I love Baby Yoda (and I am not alone in that).

Now on things you didn't touch:
    - The scenery and vistas are better in Mandalorian IMO
    - The spaceship chases in Season 3 are extraordinary that leave me with my jaw hanging open
    - The show is filled with characters I know for 10-20 years (Ashoka, Luke, Bo Katan) and easter eggs from Rebels, the Clone Wars and the movies.
    - I like the new guys introduced in Mandalorian more than those in Andor. Don't get me wrong, I like many of those in Andor too! It is a good show. I just prefer the characters in Mandalorian. It was a mistake IMO to remove Cara Dune. And I also hope that reformed Imperial that Burr played in that episode returns.
    - I love the ending paintings (also not alone in that, a couple of my friends agree with me that those are noteworthy).

EDIT:
    As for the two in Coruscant... they did their purpose and I don't think we will see them again in this season. We saw Coruscant post-rebellion and glimpses of the New Republic. We are given more and more hints that Gideon will return. We have seen the plot to clone the Emperor and create Snoke is progressing (the lieutenant used the doc to identify what was needed, took the necessary items and then erased the evidence; heh, heh, heh).
    Last edited by alhoon; March 24, 2023 at 01:01 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I can see where the priorities above come from (set/scenery/budget overall and the big name characters/references) but to be honest the lack of emphasis on those two things plus the character work and storytelling do make the content of Andor a higher grade to me. At least from a story and immersion perspective. Those are the key priorities for me. And don't get me wrong, I don't ask for perfect plot my idea of consistency or whatnot - just one I can get into well and which compliments the characters laid out. Andor seems to do this very well, I can't say the Mandalorian matches that beyond good entertainment value at the visual level with recognizable setpieces to move it along.

But that said the two shows appeal to different audiences and I'm glad that they both exist. If that was the range of quality and content we could expect from modern Star Wars I would be pleased, unfortunately the variance is far far wider than that. Still, we take what we can get.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Moderator Emeritus

Honestly, the tv series, all of them, are better than the sequel trilogy.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

OK I very much vote Andor as the best. But I think they should dropped the 3 arc segments all at once. I worry that season two is going is supposed to right up to the Rogue one we might get some serious dry exposition to move the pieces. I t just like 3 sessions were in order.

Only watched a bit of Mandalorian and I think I agree with the OP is a space western and second best thing Disney has done with Star wars. Friends I trust tell its solid overall.

Will not watch Boba Fett never understood the fandom for him. He got killed by a space butt hole and a blind and that should have been the end of it.

I will save Obi wan for last appalled by it.

First I am forced to focus on the ideal of why Ben is doing nothing but watching Luke. A plot hole you never have time to notice in the original series. What's he guarding him from and he never lifts a finger to train him. I liked the ideal of Ben loosing his faith and having to recover it - but I wanted in a completely different show either with more or less episodes.. But not princess leia again totally ignoring the information we had from the new hope. With the Inquisitors about why would anyone have a con as a Jedi? The Inquisitor attack Luke's Home was beyond silly. Also can't say I impressed by how many people seem to walk away from being run through by a light saber - seems a bit more serious than a blaster graze
    Last edited by conon394; March 24, 2023 at 09:58 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Honestly, the tv series, all of them, are better than the sequel trilogy.
    Truer words have never been spoken. I'll certainly admit that for Mandalorian, and even Boba Fett which is rather campy is still better and more coherent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    I can see where the priorities above come from (set/scenery/budget overall and the big name characters/references) but to be honest the lack of emphasis on those two things plus the character work and storytelling do make the content of Andor a higher grade to me. At least from a story and immersion perspective. Those are the key priorities for me. And don't get me wrong, I don't ask for perfect plot my idea of consistency or whatnot - just one I can get into well and which compliments the characters laid out. Andor seems to do this very well, I can't say the Mandalorian matches that beyond good entertainment value at the visual level with recognizable setpieces to move it along.

But that said the two shows appeal to different audiences and I'm glad that they both exist. If that was the range of quality and content we could expect from modern Star Wars I would be pleased, unfortunately the variance is far far wider than that. Still, we take what we can get.
    Absolutely, +1 rep for encapsulating how I also feel about the shows. I'm grateful that Mandalorian exists along with all the others, but if I had to rank the shows based on my personal preferences, I wouldn't hesitate to put Andor at the very tippy top. I'm not sure which one is better than the other, Mandalorian or Obi-Wan Kenobi, but again they are differently themed shows (space western versus space opera). Either one takes second or third place for me, while Boba Fett is in fourth, and even then I enjoy watching Boba Fett. It is a stupidly fun and satisfying cyberpunk style space western.

Weeeell... mostly because I either don't mind what you consider bad or actually consider it a bonus.
    Example: I like that the episodes of Mandalorian are much more "Standalone" than Andor's. I like that the Mandalorians are more or less ideologically split between Spartans in Space and Vikings in Space while the two factions are culturally close. I also prefer Space Western more than Space political / spy drama. I love Baby Yoda (and I am not alone in that).

Now on things you didn't touch:
    - The scenery and vistas are better in Mandalorian IMO
    - The spaceship chases in Season 3 are extraordinary that leave me with my jaw hanging open
    - The show is filled with characters I know for 10-20 years (Ashoka, Luke, Bo Katan) and easter eggs from Rebels, the Clone Wars and the movies.
    - I like the new guys introduced in Mandalorian more than those in Andor. Don't get me wrong, I like many of those in Andor too! It is a good show. I just prefer the characters in Mandalorian. It was a mistake IMO to remove Cara Dune. And I also hope that reformed Imperial that Burr played in that episode returns.
    - I love the ending paintings (also not alone in that, a couple of my friends agree with me that those are noteworthy).

EDIT:
    As for the two in Coruscant... they did their purpose and I don't think we will see them again in this season. We saw Coruscant post-rebellion and glimpses of the New Republic. We are given more and more hints that Gideon will return. We have seen the plot to clone the Emperor and create Snoke is progressing (the lieutenant used the doc to identify what was needed, took the necessary items and then erased the evidence; heh, heh, heh).
    I don't wholly agree with this or every point, but I do appreciate the reasoned rebuttal at least. We'll have to agree to disagree on Baby Yoda, who can be adorable and funny sometimes like all young kids, but the focus on his antics gets a bit boring or played out at times when I'd rather watch a cerebral character-driven plot. I think the cinematography of both shows were incredibly strong and wouldn't place Mandalorian above Andor in that regard, and for that matter the special effects in Andor weren't lacking either.

The one aspect of the show you brought up that I also enjoy very strongly is the Vikings in Space versus Spartans in Space. Even though the warrior society stuff gets tiresome since the main character and other Mandalorians are so humorless and usually emotionless, this aspect is admittedly pretty cool. It reminds me of the wandering Ronin mercenaries for hire in Japan versus the established Samurai class of warrior nobles. I'll also admit that Bo Katan at least has a bit of a personality to her, whereas Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal), while having some emotional scenes and connection to Grogu, is often even more stoic, tight-lipped, and taciturn than Clint Eastwood in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

I also don't have the emotional connection to Mandalorian's side characters like you do since I was never an enormous Star Wars fictional universe fan, so that's probably also why I like Andor more. I guess it boils down to preference for genre as well, since I generally like and admire spy thrillers more than westerns even though I enjoy both.

Moderator Emeritus

I am sure it ties down to what genre you prefer and how serious you like your shows. For other people, I think, one benefit for Andor was actually that it didn't have many previously established characters so the old fans would find more people to learn about and lore and casual fans would not have to run to google to find who Bo Katan is, what happened in the Clone wars, in the rebels why Vizla calling Bo Katan by her Deathwatch alias (Night Owl) is important etc.

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

Andor deals with more mature topics than Mandalorian. They don't appeal to the same demographic as well. I am not into the SW univers at all, so there's a lot in Mandalorian that flies over my head, guess it'slike room servide for dedicatedfans..

On the other hand, Andor doesn't really need SW, could have been set in Big Brother or V for vendetta. The writers did a fantastic job, multiple facets of a complex story and the mistrust between early recruits. Can't wait for season 2.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
    Andor deals with more mature topics than Mandalorian. They don't appeal to the same demographic as well. I am not into the SW univers at all, so there's a lot in Mandalorian that flies over my head, guess it'slike room servide for dedicatedfans..

On the other hand, Andor doesn't really need SW, could have been set in Big Brother or V for vendetta. The writers did a fantastic job, multiple facets of a complex story and the mistrust between early recruits. Can't wait for season 2.
    That's another thing with Andor... it doesn't feel too SW. It could very well be in a single planet (with different biospheres) in the not-so-distant future. Sure, it has the deathstar. But that's all. Change the deathstar with "a fleet of very powerful tanks/ships/airplanes created in secret by slave labor of convicts" and it could work in many other cases.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Regarding The Mandalorian. I stopped watching this third season after the second episode, it seemed like a low-budget adventure series for children. Maybe I've changed a lot, maybe the series has suffered an absolute downturn, maybe it was always the same crap but I haven't realized it until now. They look like twenty-minute commercials to sell merchandising. the mandalorian helmet will always be cool, i would use a bo katan wallpaper for my pc and buy my nephew a baby yoda.

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe View Post

Same experience. Love Mandolorian as well, but i think it's mainly because of Pedro Pascal's masterful acting.

Eagerly waiting for season 2. Andor was fun all the way and grabbed my attention throughout.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Pedro Pascal's masterful acting.
    I have the feeling that he himself would look at you in disbelief if you told him this.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I have the feeling that he himself would look at you in disbelief if you told him this.
    And ironically speak to you in the same voice he used when being suspicious of Nicholas Cage in Overbearing Weight of Massive Talent.

Pedro Pascal is great. Super chill and laid back in real life. All you need to do to confirm that is watch his Hot Ones (hot sauce and chicken wings) interview on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Regarding The Mandalorian. I stopped watching this third season after the second episode, it seemed like a low-budget adventure series for children. Maybe I've changed a lot, maybe the series has suffered an absolute downturn, maybe it was always the same crap but I haven't realized it until now. They look like twenty-minute commercials to sell merchandising. the mandalorian helmet will always be cool, i would use a bo katan wallpaper for my pc and buy my nephew a baby yoda.
    I won't dismiss the newest season that much and I'm still enjoying it, but there is undoubtedly huge amounts of fan service and perhaps less clever writing this time around. If they could somehow make every episode as engaging and thought provoking as the ones they had with Bill Burr then it would be a near perfect show easily competing with Andor.

That's another thing with Andor... it doesn't feel too SW. It could very well be in a single planet (with different biospheres) in the not-so-distant future. Sure, it has the deathstar. But that's all. Change the deathstar with "a fleet of very powerful tanks/ships/airplanes created in secret by slave labor of convicts" and it could work in many other cases.
    True. In the whole of the Star Wars canonical fictional universe, there's nothing quite like the Rix Road riot and uprising during a funeral service for the fallen rebel who raised Cassian as his adoptive mother. It is almost reminiscent of the 1886 Haymarket Affair in Chicago that spurred May Day around the world (international worker's day), or any number of popular uprisings against Nazi German occupation during WWII, whether it be France, Poland, or Greece. It also just felt strangely authentic, a riot spurred by an overcharged emotional public funerary service for a political dissident, not exactly the sort of thing you imagine in the whimsical Disneyesque Star Wars universe. That's on top of the whole dystopian prison sequence with Andy Serkis. The part that seems most aligned with Star Wars prequels is the heavy emphasis on the Senate, the fading institution of the old Republic, and the senator's family as she secretly defies the Empire as a rebel collaborator right under her idle husband's nose.

Moderator Emeritus

About Pedro Pascal's acting: Yes, he is a good actor.
    No, you can't tell if he is a good actor in the Mandalorian or not, since he always wear his helmet and his voice is mechanical. Take ... the show-writer that played that random Vizla. Frivau or something. Is he a good actor? I will never know. Because I didn't see his expressions and all I heard was a mechanized version of his voice.

Long story short, Pedro Pascal's acting is wasted in a series where he shows his face for perhaps 1 minute every season.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Respectfully, they are both terrible and anyone who thinks otherwise deserves to be put inside the trash compactor on the Death Star.

Pedro Pascal isn't even acting. I am like 90% sure that it is a stunt actor inside that suit. Pedro is just a voice actor at this point.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; April 18, 2023 at 12:58 AM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Respectfully, they are both terrible and anyone who thinks otherwise deserves to be put inside the trash compactor on the Death Star.

Pedro Pascal isn't even acting. I am like 90% that it is a stunt actor inside that suit. Pedro is just a voice actor at this point.
    Hey now, Andor was good, not terrific, but fairly good. Obviously it's several tiers below the most vaunted shows on television like The Sopranos and The Wire, but you honestly won't find much if anything better in terms of science fiction shows aside from maybe Star Trek: Picard on Paramount.

Which science fiction series has ever been universally acclaimed, won awards, and been loved by audiences in virtually every demographic?

For that matter I doubt a science fiction movie would ever get the universal love that Shawshank Redemption gets, because a large portion of viewing audiences views science fiction (and medieval fantasy) as the realm of nerds. Due to that, such shows do not get the best writers or budgets, which is of course sad, but that's the reality. For medieval fantasy, the only real exceptions have been the Lord of the Rings film trilogy and of course Game of Thrones (under which I will lump the House of the Dragon successor). The Star Trek movies make decent bucks at the box office, but none of them would ever be acclaimed as film of the year or taken very seriously. Andor operates within that reality and for what it is, it's above the line of simply being decent.

As for The Mandalorian, it is seemingly only getting worse, even though they have star power like legendary Christopher Lloyd joining the cast in a cameo appearance. The last few episodes have been among the most cringe ones thus far, with far too many quaint cartoonish aliens. It feels more like a Nickelodeon kid's show now than a space western, and the violence is hilariously tame, even for Star Wars standards. I like it when Giancarlo Esposito graces the screen as Moff Gideon, but that's about it. Jack Black joined the cast in cameo as well and simply made the episode he was in so much campier than it needed to be, but the show has always been campy so I guess he fits the bill. He's better off in roles like those in School of Rock or Pick of Destiny.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

I have to say I've never been all that impressed with the Sopranos but I have hard bias against mob movies and shows and at the end of the day I simply don't care much for a mob soap opera that goes nowhere or produces any character I care about. Given time I wasted on the Sopranos I rate Andor better. I grant the Wire is better and in its way way better than the Sopranos.

For medieval fantasy, the onlyreal exceptions have been the Lord of the Rings film trilogy
    Maybe for parts of the first movie after that no - waste of money and talent - have no ideal why people liked them they devolved to big budget Krull. really personal pet peeve look it 20 years later and I have a huge budget and tons of CGI but nope I still have cities in the middle of friking nowhere that the enemy does not even need to attack because they can't feed themselves so why bother - let umm starve.

and of course Game of Thrones (under which I will lump the House of the Dragon successor)
    Really don't want to take a mulligan on most of the GofT after maybe season 3 or 4. And I dunno Maybe the HofD got better after season one but don't know could not raise the effort to try
    Last edited by conon394; April 18, 2023 at 07:29 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Moderator Emeritus

OK, this goes for those that don't dislike the Mandalorian:

I am still waiting for Omega (from the Bad Batch) to show up! She must be around 40 at the time. So, obviously they will have a 32 years old play her. It will be hard to find a Latina actress with Omega's awesome accent (Michelle Ang). Perhaps she will show up in Bobba Fett, as she is practically (and genetically) his sister.

Back to Mandalorian, what I find slightly off-putting is how young Bo Katan and Fennec Shand are. Tons of money and countless of hours have been spent to make older actors appear plausibly younger. And they can't age those two by 10 years? There's barely any wrinkle in Bo Katan's face and she's a warrior for the past 30+ years.

As for those that say Mandalorian is becoming worse and all... I think you guys are overthinking it. This is not supposed to be a deep show with flawless logic and as impervious to plot-holes as a Beskar tank. This is targeted towards the 'let's enjoy the ride' people that want to watch a space western every wednesday with an over-arching plot, memorable villains, cool-looking armor and futuristic deserts.
    The plot was never (in my opinion) the main draw of Star Wars. I remind you all that in episode VI we have 300 teddy bears with sticks defeat a futuristic armor and in episode IV there are barely 20 ships defending a space station the size of a moon. And again: sound travels in space.
    Another issue I think some of you fellow posters may have is that the "Mandalorian recipe" doesn't change much. The episodes still have their cameos, similar narratives etc as the previous two seasons. But that's the successful recipe. Don't mess with what works, kind of thing.

I will not pretend that the Mandalorian TV Series is not partially one of the most expensive marketing campaigns for Baby Yoda dolls, because it is. But it is supposed to be simple and digestible. If you are looking for thought provoking dialogue and deep plots, then you will be disappointed (and you will prefer Andor).
    Last edited by alhoon; April 18, 2023 at 03:57 AM.