Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    ^^ this is hopeless
    May be by reading Greek Strategos and Maedros posts on this page, you'll get it. For my part, I'm done.
    yes, he wrote this in response to these "negative comments."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    I really like the new badges, would almost go as far as to say they fit the TWC colour scheme better than the old ones. Of course, change is never easy, I remember how mad I was when the old Empire themed badges were changed...That said, please treat other people's hard work with respect and behave with some dignity. There are better ways to say "I prefer the old badges" than some comments in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    I was shocked to see these badges, can we have an option to at least have the old ones as an option?
    Update:
    Anyway i removed it, but if we had these badges before some years i wouldn't even try to win the Artifex badge.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    At the risk of being a curmudgeon, I preferred the previous badges.
    To be blunt, I couldn't care less what CA is releasing at the moment. Nor do I see any reason to advertise it for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    total agree.
    the mew one hurts my eyes and sense of aestetics.
    I see nothing disparaging other than they don't like it. Are we all supposed to like something never expressing our displeasure? I would hope not. Sorry, I do not want to be in any world where criticism is critiqued.

I really like the new badges, would almost go as far as to say they fit the TWC colour scheme better than the old ones. Of course, change is never easy, I remember how mad I was when the old Empire themed badges were changed...That said, please treat other people's hard work with respect and behave with some dignity. There are better ways to say "I prefer the old badges" than some comments in this thread.
    I said "I prefer the previous badges" and gave a reason that wasn't disrespecting someone else's work. Well, I was disrespecting CA's work, but that's nothing new, I wasn't dissing anyone on TWC.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

@ Quintus, I wasn't referring to your post but to these...
    Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    I was shocked to see these badges, can we have an option to at least have the old ones as an option?

Update:
    Anyway i removed it, but if we had these badges before some years i wouldn't even try to win the Artifex badge.
    total agree.
    the mew one hurts my eyes and sense of aestetics.
    ... which I've found quite disrespectful considering the time spent by Katsumoto to make them ; something that some citizens seem unable admit
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Just to cut it short

the new badges of TWC are those of 3K; they have been proposed, discussed and voted (with two rounds of votes) for weeks, so we are not going to the old badges anytime soon, if ever.

I personally find them very nice, especially those with green and blue text in them, but of course everybody has his own liking; those who cannot really cope with them can always decide not to show them (unless they are staffers, that's obvious), in the past a lost of citizens/artifexes/whatever did not show the badge, so no one will die because of that; besides, not showing the badge does not prevent one from being identified as a member of that usergroup because the list of active usergroups appears below the badge (or the usertitle), nor it will cause any issue with usergroup related permissions etc
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Just to cut it short

the new badges of TWC are those of 3K; they have been proposed, discussed and voted (with two rounds of votes) for weeks, so we are not going to the old badges anytime soon, if ever.

I personally find them very nice, especially those with green and blue text in them, but of course everybody has his own liking; those who cannot really cope with them can always decide not to show them (unless they are staffers, that's obvious), in the past a lost of citizens/artifexes/whatever did not show the badge, so no one will die because of that; besides, not showing the badge does not prevent one from being identified as a member of that usergroup because the list of active usergroups appears below the badge (or the usertitle), nor it will cause any issue with usergroup related permissions etc
    You bring the Dude's coolness in the Chat buddy...That's why everybody lovess you
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 18, 2019 at 08:03 AM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I said "I prefer the previous badges" and gave a reason that wasn't disrespecting someone else's work. Well, I was disrespecting CA's work, but that's nothing new, I wasn't dissing anyone on TWC.
    If my description does not fit your post, I'm probably not referring to it.

Pike missing the point again. You should probably not say anything else if you don't understand the meaning of my previous post, it's quite embarrassing to read.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

If my description does not fit your post, I'm probably not referring to it.

Pike missing the point again. You should probably not say anything else if you don't understand the meaning of my previous post, it's quite embarrassing to read.
    I am not missing the point at all. I am not hypersensitive. The badge is an artwork. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Saying you do not like something is not disrespectful. it is saying you do not like it. People are entitled to their opinion. As an artist or creator of anything, you have to accept that not everyone is going to like it. What is embarrassing is that we apparently cannot handle criticism. But if you need a line, here it is, if you say something sucks, that is fine, but if you say the person that makes these horrible things suck then that is disrespectful. The Latter is not what was said.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Nobody is saying you can't criticize something; I would be the last person to say you cannot criticize a stupid post or opinion, as previously expressed in this thread. However, critique is not mutually exclusive to behaving with dignity or respect.

Last comment not needed - Van Zandt
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; March 20, 2019 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling and content

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Ok guys you can forget about the useless awards like Member Awards and Modding Awards, the real competitions are finally here!
    Picture of the Year 2018 and Game Picture of the Year 2018!

Nobody is saying you can't criticize something; I would be the last person to say you cannot criticize a stupid post or opinion, as previously expressed in this thread. However, critique is not mutually exlusive to behaving with dignity or respect.

In short, if you can't say what you mean without being an ass, you should not say it - lest what you're saying makes you look an ass.

See you for the next exaggerated drama.

@ Quintus, I wasn't referring to your post but to these...

... which I've found quite disrespectful considering the time spent by Katsumoto to make them ; something that some citizens seem unable admit
    the badge is to large and make the profile display seem overly crowded as it touches onto the text both above and bellow it. and the black frame does nothing but underline the impression.
    the background is to busy and sometimes disturbes the already hard to read font.
    the overall impression is clutter.
    the time spent making it is not a factor at all. but i am sure Katsumoto is not a sensetive artist that breaks into tears over a bit of critique.

the fault is mine though. i forgot that this is the curia, where one can not voice ones opinion without some people getting all up and bothersome about ones choice of words.
    somethings never change.

and, concerning badges...

Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Sĺ tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der grćd Enker og der grćd Břrn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Řrn.
    Anders Sřrensen Vedel

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Which part of the following sentence don't you understand???
    My point is not to oblige everybody to like the new badges. But people, and especially modders, should know how to express their disagreement with a minimum of respect for the one who did the job and his work.
    I'm curious to know how these 2 guys would have reacted if I was criticizing their modding work in the same way
    I've boldered the most important parts for a better understanding for those who don't get the point. Hope it helps
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

the badge is to large and make the profile display seem overly crowded as it touches onto the text both above and bellow it. and the black frame does nothing but underline the impression.
    the background is to busy and sometimes disturbes the already hard to read font.
    the overall impression is clutter.
    the time spent making it is not a factor at all. but i am sure Katsumoto is not a sensetive artist that breaks into tears over a bit of critique.

the fault is mine though. i forgot that this is the curia, where one can not voice ones opinion without some people getting all up and bothersome about ones choice of words.
    somethings never change.

Constructive feedback is always useful! See the difference between this post and "it hurts my eyes"?

No point replying to Pike anymore, so far he has not replied with any useful posts anyway. I hope people with no point to make or without useful additions make no pointless arguments for the sake of argumentation.

somethings never change.

You cynic....look

Constructive feedback is always useful! See the difference between this post and "it hurts my eyes"?

No point replying to Pike anymore, so far he has not replied with any useful posts anyway. I hope people with no point to make or without useful additions make no pointless arguments for the sake of argumentation.

Take this away and the Curia is dull, bland, and uninteresting.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Lets get back on track here and try and remain civil with this conversation.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Just to Streamline this process: Is there anyone who is interested in either the Magistrate or Consular position?

If someone wants to do consul I'm happy to remain as an assistant and cut down on the day to day work considerably, the only thing I can't do as an assistant IIRC is manage the user group.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

The question should be, do you need someone above you for the responsibility?

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

I'm not sure what your question is getting at. The Crux here is that I would need to resign as magistrate for consul, which would put us in the same situation, as a way to avoid that I'm asking folks to participate.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

What I'm getting at is that I had the impression that you perhaps found it easier or more comfortable to not be the consul yourself.

My magistrate term is nearing it's end, but this implies I want the position which I do not Nor the magistrate seat.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

So the Curial Overhaul Cleanup bill has passed, which one of things it did was lessen the requirements for Consul. The requirements are now:

Consul - citizenship for at least three months; cannot have received a Curial or Moderation Warning for at least one month

With that in mind, I am thinking of leaving applications open for a bit longer. What does everyone else think? One more day? I have yet to check Hader's moderation record; I'll have to get back to you all on that one.