Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Default Re: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Having serious crashing issues late into campaign. V2.35 SPQR Campaign CTD/r6025 pure virtual function call error. Turn 530 pinpointed crash to elimination of bosporan faction. Highly reproducible with toggled fow and following ai movements. Any help salvaging this save would be greatly appreciated as i was about 5 turns from hitting the marian reforms and am unable to continue my campaign from here. Trace log and save game attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by Knughax View Post
    Playing as Rome. Around turn 6-8 Carthage attacks and occupies Messana triggering the message that they have invaded Romes sphere of influence and that war is the only answer. I do nothing and the next turn war is declared automatically and Carthage is called the betrayer. 10 turns later after taking Corsica and Sardinia from Carthage I attack Messana and take it from Carthage and then I get the message that I have invaded Carthages sphere of influence and that they are going to declare war on me, while we are already at war. I then get the notification that I am now at war with Carthage.
    There were some missing terminate_monitors in that script which have already been altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaskad View Post
    No bugs, but a technical help is needed: could someone post the export_descr_buildings.txt from EB2.35 ? I made a mistake, did not back up the file, and now can't find the original file... Many thanks !
    I don't have one (I don't have 2.35 installed, only the dev build), but I'm sure someone does.

Quote Originally Posted by Gospeedrcer View Post
    Having serious crashing issues late into campaign. V2.35 SPQR Campaign CTD/r6025 pure virtual function call error. Turn 530 pinpointed crash to elimination of bosporan faction. Highly reproducible with toggled fow and following ai movements. Any help salvaging this save would be greatly appreciated as i was about 5 turns from hitting the marian reforms and am unable to continue my campaign from here. Trace log and save game attached
    There's absolutely nothing illuminating in the error log, I'm afraid. There was a whole thread around Pure Virtual Function Call errors, can't remember the specifics of what it was about, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaskad View Post
    No bugs, but a technical help is needed: could someone post the export_descr_buildings.txt from EB2.35 ? I made a mistake, did not back up the file, and now can't find the original file... Many thanks !
    You still have the EBII folder when you downloaded the mod right? Create a new folder and extract it again to that folder, that way you will have all the files in a new backup file.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post

There's absolutely nothing illuminating in the error log, I'm afraid. There was a whole thread around Pure Virtual Function Call errors, can't remember the specifics of what it was about, though.
    There were a few threads with PVFC but purportedly it was a patched bug as of 2.35. Any way I would be able to console command my way out of this?

There were a few threads with PVFC but purportedly it was a patched bug as of 2.35. Any way I would be able to console command my way out of this?
    Stop the Bosporans being killed.

Stop the Bosporans being killed.
    Yes, any help in how I go about accomplishing this would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, any help in how I go about accomplishing this would be greatly appreciated.
    Spawn units in their capital/any stacks they might have floating around - you'll need to turn the fog of war off and have a look at what they're doing. If that isn't enough, teleport one of your own armies over there and break the siege.

So I fixed it in a rather drastic way by surrender_regions horde , which left bosporus intact and routed the multitude of Suebic stacks. Even force surrendering the bosporan regions caused the game to crash at this point but I was able to buy about 5 turns before the suebos came back and forced another crash. From there i was able to boat an army over to first siege Panticipaeum(1 of 2 Bosp regions), which had no fms, and then I had to siege starve Chersonesus out until my suebic allies hunted the remaining FMs of Bosporos. The only Bosp FM I noticed on the map however was the faction heir adjacent to Chersonesus. As far as I am aware the faction turned rebel upon the death of the faction heir in the army next to Cherson, other than that I could not locate the faction leader and I had eliminated 0 bosp FM's during the sieges. Note this instance of the Bosporan faction had been alive around 20 turns as it hit a reemergence event from revolting after having previously been eliminated. Ultimately with the surrender_regions horde I only lost 3 factions: Sauromatae, Suebos(who have retaken most territory already), and Nabatai so fortunately the essence of my campaign remains despite some near game ending CTDs!

So it appears to me the bug may still lie within the creation of family members, possibly more specifically in Bosporus. Cheers!

Noticed a minor discrepancy between recruitment viewer and actual game. Recruitment viewer states that, as Pontos, I can only recruit Peltastai Logades in Basilike Patris, I can recruit them in game from hellenistic poleis in few locations-Sinope, Pergamon, Halicarnassos.

In an Aedui campaign, having captured Uiennos (Nantus Allobrogon province), I suddenly found out that I can't built Migration government type there, though all the requirements were met, according to the Players guide: it's a town (town level required) and there are 71% of Western tribal states culture in the province (25% required). So I have to choose between Allied state (erroneously called "Allied city" in the Players guide) and Protectorate. It's not a good choice for me, as I'm going to establish Confederation government type in Uiennos, so I'll have to destroy Client state before that. While Protectorate doesn't provide any troops for hiring that isn't appropriate for a town in the early game. I have to cease the campaign temporarily.

Why cannot I begin Migration in Uiennos? Is it a bug or a feature, misdescribed in the Guide?

EB version is 2.35, no submods used.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Noticed a minor discrepancy between recruitment viewer and actual game. Recruitment viewer states that, as Pontos, I can only recruit Peltastai Logades in Basilike Patris, I can recruit them in game from hellenistic poleis in few locations-Sinope, Pergamon, Halicarnassos.
    The RV sometimes misses things, the only reliable gauge is reading the EDB itself.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Asseaux View Post
    In an Aedui campaign, having captured Uiennos (Nantus Allobrogon province), I suddenly found out that I can't built Migration government type there, though all the requirements were met, according to the Players guide: it's a town (town level required) and there are 71% of Western tribal states culture in the province (25% required). So I have to choose between Allied state (erroneously called "Allied city" in the Players guide) and Protectorate. It's not a good choice for me, as I'm going to establish Confederation government type in Uiennos, so I'll have to destroy Client state before that. While Protectorate doesn't provide any troops for hiring that isn't appropriate for a town in the early game. I have to cease the campaign temporarily.

Why cannot I begin Migration in Uiennos? Is it a bug or a feature, misdescribed in the Guide?

EB version is 2.35, no submods used.
    Migration is for places that aren't "homeland" - Uiennos is a core Gallic region.

Migration is for places that aren't "homeland" - Uiennos is a core Gallic region.
    It would be good if you include such kind of information in the Player guide, like it was done for some other factions. I think a kind of "Outside Gallic regions" line in "Migration" description on the "Governments" page for Aedui, Arvernoi and Boii factions would be enough.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

I'm enjoying a long campaign with the Saka, and as I was invading Iran I noticed there might be an oversight in the recruitment pool of the Urban Satrapy gov in Hekatompylos/Parthyaia : you can't recruit locals there. The others gov are fine.

Oh, and also, the mountains in Hyrcania are quite impressive !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190416154154_1.jpg   20190414181454_1.jpg   20190414181409_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Domaje; April 16, 2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    I'm enjoying a long campaign with the Saka, and as I was invading Iran I noticed there might be an oversight in the recruitment pool of the Urban Satrapy gov in Hekatompylos/Parthyaia : you can't recruit locals there. The others gov are fine.
    You are correct, that's an oversight. Also missing from the Parthian Satrapy, too. I'll update for the patch.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Additional issues / suggestions:
    - Tara hill (in Ireland) is called "Temeris" in the description, but the title is "Temerias". I this it's a typo (or maybe I'm wrong? A kind of Celtic case?
    - there're two units called Uassoi: Pritanoi factional slingers and Gallic spearmen. It's somehow weird to fight battles. Maybe one can be called with an adjective, like Uassoi Pritanoi??

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    A few minor issues from playing Pritanoi:
    Construction costs should be -5% not, +5:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Elutheroi instead of Eleutheroi

Placeholder pics

This is the only bug that's a bug, I think: I got overheating problems in the summer in Kaledonia (!?):

The symbol shown is that of Aruernoi, not Aedui

Nedes are spearmen but on the pic they're wielding a sword:

Gargokladoi are well-clad with a shirt (armour: 2), but on the icon they're topless:

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Additional issues / suggestions:
    - Tara hill (in Ireland) is called "Temeris" in the description, but the title is "Temerias". I this it's a typo (or maybe I'm wrong? A kind of Celtic case?
    - there're two units called Uassoi: Pritanoi factional slingers and Gallic spearmen. It's somehow weird to fight battles. Maybe one can be called with an adjective, like Uassoi Pritanoi??
    Typos corrected, in the description the Tara Hill is called Temris.

Not sure much can be done about the names of those two units.

Placeholder pics for the Pastoral Settlement are because it's invalid for that settlement. It's the same for all camp-based buildings in a non-camp, and vice versa.

Info cards haven't been updated; the Retainers were swordsmen until made into spearmen instead.

Some of the Gargokladoi are bare-chested, icons are based on the actual models.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Thanks, QS, for the comments. They shows that the effort to put it into spotting details is not futile.

I'll make a longer report on campaign things, perhaps in that thread I've made more important observations.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 01, 2019 at 06:35 AM.

Tras finalizar un pase de turno y comenzar el nuevo me aparecen los mensajes a la izquierda y el cursor se pone en modo reloj de arena, así se queda, no para y no puedo jugar, aunque tengo acceso a algunas funciones de teclado.

After finishing a shift pass and starting the new one, the messages appear on the left and the cursor is set to hourglass mode, so it stays, it doesn't stop and I can't play, although I have access to some keyboard functions.

https://mega.nz/#!9lBEmC5R!-y-gFRRZl...m3gzykPc_f-Ffg

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Don't know if the team have found out already but the regional building in Korinthos gives a neat bonus of 100 health, 100 happiness and 100 law. May be a mod of my install but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    Don't know if the team have found out already but the regional building in Korinthos gives a neat bonus of 100 health, 100 happiness and 100 law. May be a mod of my install but I doubt it.
    Not permanently, it doesn't. That's the faction re-emergence script not working properly (since been amended).