Thread: Recording Denmark Campaign

Icon7 Recording Denmark Campaign

I will record a campaign in the latest current version of the SSHIP (Wanted to take a rest from editing the voice files for a bit lol, I'll probably do both, helps to keep the inspiration).

Some rules:
    1. VH/VH, huge unit scale.
    2. (Edited): Manual Building only with governor inside settlement (otherwise automatic). Recruitment of generals only with Family member in same settlement, troops with FM in any contiguous region settlement, militias (troops with free upkeep) recruitable at any time.
    3. No minimap in battles, No unit cards in battles, No green markers, No floating flags.
    4. No intentional killing of bad generals/family members.
    5. Campaign play as aggresive as possible, but only occupy settlement and release prisoners, unless taking revenge for AI doing it (Requires dread general or "PTSD" traits xD).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gyg6pttRzKQWR9

Timestamps for battles in the description, videos are not monetized, sharing just for fun.

Secondarily, I will use the videos to look for and report any sort of bug, CTDs, etc. In the corresponding thread, as I'd be glad to help the devs polish the beauty that is this mod, well, if even needed of course.
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; November 18, 2020 at 05:04 AM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Recording Denmark Campaign

Cheers and good luck on your campaign , sir !

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Keep us informed how it goes, Sindathar!
    ad. 3 - do save after each battle, just to have a copy in case of something happens.

Denmark should be interesting faction. The starting position is tough but doable, you've got some income from 2 (or 3?) merchants, you can expand but perhaps you need to make regular donations to keep the HRE happy. Historical flavour is there with changes of the provinces' names, the PTs are updated, the crown as well.

Icon1 Re: Recording Denmark Campaign

Cheers and good luck on your campaign , sir !
    Thanks Nemesis!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Keep us informed how it goes, Sindathar!
    ad. 3 - do save after each battle, just to have a copy in case of something happens.
    Hi Jurand, yes, I make it automatically by this point I think haha. I've been struggling with the recording program and I got a couple of videos with blur, but it was fun so I'll probably upload them nonetheless, I'm just learning to record and probably I will fix it next one.

Denmark should be interesting faction. The starting position is tough but doable, you've got some income from 2 (or 3?) merchants, you can expand but perhaps you need to make regular donations to keep the HRE happy. Historical flavour is there with changes of the provinces' names, the PTs are updated, the crown as well.
    Nevermind, I just took Hamburg , that Fortress + Bridge for southern border was too sexy to ignore haha. Imo the difficulty feels quite right, it's not annoying, but I get the feel I'm overextending my resources for being aggresive, I decided to assault immediately because of the siege cost; were the turns for construction of buildings increased? I didn't remember them being this high, perhaps it's just me, either way I like it! I'm looking forward to the Crown too!

Overall I like that through all this releases i think that a lot of new details which would not be that noticeable at first, all sum for a feel of historical atmosphere (Like the new costs, your work on resources, the traits, I think i saw a couple units renamed, etc.). I feel they enhance the gameplay beyond more obvious aspects that might get other mods their popularity (such as unit models), I'd say we're getting a very solid foundation for whatever else ends being on top of it.
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; October 20, 2020 at 07:37 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sindathar View Post
    Nevermind, I just took Hamburg , that Fortress + Bridge for southern border was too sexy to ignore haha. Imo the difficulty feels quite right, it's not annoying, but I get the feel I'm overextending my resources for being aggresive, I decided to assault immediately because of the siege cost; were the turns for construction of buildings increased? I didn't remember them being this high, perhaps it's just me, either way I like it! I'm looking forward to the Crown too!

Overall I like that through all this releases i think that a lot of new details which would not be that noticeable at first, all sum for a feel of historical atmosphere (Like the new costs, your work on resources, the traits, I think i saw a couple units renamed, etc.). I feel they enhance the gameplay beyond more obvious aspects that might get other mods their popularity (such as unit models), I'd say we're getting a very solid foundation for whatever else ends being on top of it.
    I'm quite interested if you'd survive the HRR assault given DK low recruitment pools. Is HRR at war with the other factions?

Building times are longer for a very few buildings, you've probably noticed for stonemason and logging camp - and yes, these are cheap but long to build.

Precise description of the changes is in this post. I keep on developing it and putting details.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 20, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

They are at war with the Romans, allied with France and Hungary, but they have sent three small armies in succession, including a FM.

And yes, but after seeing all the pop up messages explaining the new mechanics I think you would deserve a holiday mate.

Update: At the end I lost the campaign haha (Well, I got a CTD), the Germans trapped my FL in the Alps and I attempted to clear them out againt superior odds in a night battle, but without the minimap I forgot about their knights and got surprised, I knew it could happen, but I didn't care too much, I kept playing quite recklessly after the beginning, and I was getting annoyed about Rule 2, I probably deserve it for not reading all the pop-up messages anyway:p. By doing this I've learnt a way to record with better quality anyway, so perhaps when I finish the voices I try to win one, now back to editing sound files.

Update 2: I will make a new attempt with Denmark, from zero, but later, and update the playlist then.
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; November 05, 2020 at 06:28 PM.

Denmark is my favorite Faction. I've played countless of campaigns with them; too many if you ask me; perhaps somewhere close to 80% of all my games. I'm not exaggerating; I guess you could say I'm a Viking enthusiast.

In all my games I've learned a thing or two not only about staying alive, but thriving as the Danes. Here's what I usually do: (some of these might not suit all play-styles, but most are just sensible things)
    * Keep HRE happy. You do NOT want to enter a military conflict with them before you are ready. It's almost certainly suicide. Sending them tribute and gifts is nothing to be ashamed of. Ally with them if you can!
    * Having a strong navy is essential for survival. Not only will it prevent your coasts form being invaded, it can be very lucrative for trade and you will get papal missions to blockade the ports of the English or Scots who usually get excommunicated.
    * Go for the Rebel settlement closest to Norway first. You don't want them to expand beyond their initial two cities. If the rebel forces are considerable, let the Norse attack them first. They will fail and weaken them so you can swoop in and take the settlement with minimal losses.
    * Rush to the south to take the settlement north east of the HRE castle (I forgot the name) This is less to prevent the germans from taking it and more to give you a prosperous settlement that can grow. The rest of the lands in Scandinavia are extremely hard to grow and you won't get much from them unless you bring a highly chivalrous general to govern them. Take the neighboring rebel castle in the area if you can and Ignore the rest of the settlements to the east for now -specially Visiby which is nearly useless.
    * Attack Norway. I've tried countless of times to ally with them, it doesn't work. Sooner or later they always backstab you. Due to their position you are their best target. (A case could be made that Scotland is, but the AI doesn't think that way).
    * Finish conquering available rebel lands.
    * After Norway is defeated, go for Lithuania.
    * Do not trust the Poles. Never ally with them, (specially not if they are at war with HRE), even when doing so might seem beneficial since they are usually fighting Lithuania.
    * After Lithuania, you could attack Nogovorod or Poland. Scotland might be a good option too but that would mean having the English as neighbors...
    * At this point you should have a solid empire and could decide to take on the HRE if you wish. I usually wait for a civil war, excommunication or until they are at war with multiple factions. Don't get baited though; they might make peace with all warring factions by the next turn and focus all their might on you.
    * Always keep the pope happy but ignore the stupid crusades. Don't even think about joining until you have a huge empire and can afford to wage multiple wars away from home. Alternatively, you could go on a crusade take the settlement for fame and glory and sell it to the pope or highest bidder the next turn. Then bring the experienced, highly decorated troops home, taking and selling every rebel/weak settlement on the way back.

Gee, just talking about this brings back many fond memories, wish I could play again. Too bad my laptop was stolen last week; just when I was ready to try out the new release...
    PlainEdit Multipurpose editor designed to automate repetitive text modification tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by XXZit View Post
    Denmark is my favorite Faction. I've played countless of campaigns with them; too many if you ask me; perhaps somewhere close to 80% of all my games. I'm not exaggerating; I guess you could say I'm a Viking enthusiast(...)

Gee, just talking about this brings back many fond memories, wish I could play again. Too bad my laptop was stolen last week; just when I was ready to try out the new release...
    Thanks for your advice, I've considered it, I did try to rush the HRE this time and survived miraculously, but it's been tight, took Hamburg with a handful. I'm uploading a couple more videos.

I've also installed Kostic's units; his latter ones for the Norsemen are awesome! I wish you get a pc soon if you didn't already, so you can try out all the new stuff!

FYI and anyone playing Denmark/Norway: I just changed that awful prebattle song

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    FYI and anyone playing Denmark/Norway: I just changed that awful prebattle song
    Its save compatible? And you will add in the next version of sship?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW