View Poll Results: How are people enjoying Total War: WARHAMMER?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loving it, a great addition to the Total War series. WAAAGH!

24 14.46%
  • It's good, but I prefer the traditional historical setting of Total War games.

26 15.66%
  • Found it okay, probably won't play Warhammer II

9 5.42%
  • Didn't enjoy it, not as good as previous titles.

12 7.23%
  • Haven't played it.

95 57.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are people enjoying Total War: WARHAMMER?

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default How are people enjoying Total War: WARHAMMER?

With CA's announcement of Warhammer II earlier on in the month, us here at TWC would like to hear from you and how much you have enjoyed the first Total War: Warhammer game! Please vote in the poll and post below with your thoughts.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: How are people enjoying Total War: WARHAMMER?

I've voted "Haven't played it", not because of its nature or quality but just for the simple reason that my old engine (understand laptop ) can't handle it.
    I definitively need to invest in a good laptop
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I have played only 12 hours TW:Warhammer, but .... theme doesn't fit for me. I know that there are many cool features and better stuffs what early TW games don't have, but I am not fan of Warhammer and this Warhammer I and II. Not gonna play it, so waiting a next historical era.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Haven't played it and don't plan to. From what I read about it it is too little sandboxy for my taste (heroes deciding battles, unconquerable regions, etc.) and having this or that lore forced upon me at the cost of enjoyable gameplay is not to my gusto. Furthermore Warhammer is full of destructive hordes and whatnot that cannot be reasoned with by lore and I already found the implementation of various invading hordes and forces in historical TWs to be grindy fun-killers. (cf. Mongols in Med II, Huns in Attila, foreign powers in Americas, etc.)
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I enjoy it a lot, and looking foreward to the 2nd installment; and I got it just early this year, in a humble bundle. I previously was not interested in it simply, but it won me over.

The diversity of faction play styles is splendid, like going from Vampire Counts who raise dead, unleash flying units but have no missile weapons, to fight them as the Empire with weaker infantry but countering with musket ranks, blackpowder artillary and griffon cavalry, and all there between. It's fun to see all different kinds of arms and beasts clash.
    Further including empire building, while still restricted as in all post-M2 titles the factions are not all alike. Not that all are equally fun (Brettonia I find incredibly boring, while Orcs do not appeal to me), but they're certainly not carbon copies.
    Agents are delightfully implemented, when brought from campaign map to battle map whether mages or , and I again much care for my generals.
    Mind you, I prefere it in muliplayer campaigns, with a friend, and now W2 merely promises more fun in that regard.

Looking foreward to a new historical title, but since they're not mutally exclusive, a historical title is announced and coming anyhow, I must lay my vote on option 1.
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 15, 2017 at 04:54 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

For some reason I can't vote in this poll, when I try to vote this ing demented message pop up:

.. any suggestion?

My vote would have been "Haven't played it".

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

The lack of variety in terms of units, and the fact that you're basically forced to field armies of trash units killed the enjoyment for me. I preordered it for Chaos DLC and bought both Beastmen and Woodelves and I've tried a campaign as every race except the new Bretonnian ones but the game never won me over.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Didn't buy it, tried it at a friend's and didn't like the setting.
    I don't want to play a TW game without a historical setting, personnal preference.

I believe those fantasy settings should be the job of modders, and that Total War games should work on being even more moddable than currently !
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

They need to remake EMPIRE Total War-not this silly fantasy stuff. Its good for those who like the fantasy though.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    For some reason I can't vote in this poll, when I try to vote this ing demented message pop up:

.. any suggestion?

My vote would have been "Haven't played it".
    I still cannot vote in this poll, and I've still not yet received any answer from the Staff, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong and I don't remind having already voted in this poll, so I don't realize what's going on here.

In any case, thanks & congrats to the staff for this shining example of unrivalled kindness and courtesy!

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    I still cannot vote in this poll, and I've still not yet received any answer from the Staff, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong and I don't remind having already voted in this poll, so I don't realize what's going on here.

In any case, thanks & congrats to the staff for this shining example of unrivalled kindness and courtesy!
    This kind of questions are usually answered at the Questions & Suggestions subforum. A place that, unlike this thread, administrators (the staff) usually visit. (Technical problems aside, it looks like your vote has already been counted).
    Last edited by mishkin; April 21, 2017 at 09:20 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I confirm that your vote, Diocle, is counted in the "Haven't played it" choice. Just click on the number of voters and you'll see who has voted. You're on the list. As mishkin has pointed out, posting your "issue" in the right thread would have helped to get a faster answer.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Haven't played, not interested in setting. Going to wait for next historical installment.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Definitely my favorite vanilla Total War game (with Shogun 2 right behind it)! I love Warhammer; I love Total War; gimme more!

That being said, I am excited for the next Historical announcement.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

I hyped for a while, impatiently waiting for a good discount sale to purchase the game. Then the long waited sale finally arrived, but suddenly I no longer felt like trying the game and the hype stopped altogether. That lack of enthusiasm has lasted to this day.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Currently the third longest time played based on Steam after Rome 2 and Empire and would in no time being second until Warhammer II released. Only the second game after Shogun 2 where I manage to complete all playable factions available.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

I quite like the Warhammer lore and I've played Soulstorm a lot along with other games like Vermintide, sadly I refuse to buy any of the TW:Warhammer games due to the way CA handled the Rome 2 release and how they left that game unfinished and moved on. Sometimes a principle is more important than your own wants.
    But perhaps CA will rectify this with the rumours about new content to their recent historical titles (based on Michael Whelan's blog-post) so people like me can finally try out the TW:Warhammer game with a good conscience?
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

I have zero interest in playing it. Unfortunately, that option is not in the poll. The closest thing is "haven't played it, but implies that I want to. I don't; not in the least.
    That being said, people seem to like it, so I hope that continues for the Historical title.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I enjoy the first game. Can't wait the second one.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

OdinSon's Avatar Foederatus

I've quite enjoyed what little time I've been able to give TWW but it had it's own learning curve for me as I knew next to nothing about Warhammer lore.

All that aside I'm not sure if I'll buy the second instalment but would jump on a new historical title in a heartbeat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast