Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Launcher Editing Application

Default Re: Kingdoms Launcher Editing Application

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    You will get this error if your Path ends with either backslash or slash. The reason is that the kingdoms.exe assumes that the trailing slash will not be there so when it looks for files it does the following:

- Take the path
    - Append /<relative_path>

So with the trailing slash it will end up looking for files such as: C:/path_to_BC//data/export_descr_unit.txt, instead of C:/path_to_BC/data/export_descr_unit.txt
    Not understanding you.

How do I fix the issue, if that is so lol.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I just remembered that the CA_LIBS error is caused by a faulty CFG file. Responded in the original thread.

If you entered, say, mods\my_mod\ in the Path field of the tool, the Launcher would pass this to kingdoms.exe as mods/my_mod/. Additionally if you entered my.cfg in the CFG field, then the Launcher would pass the kingdoms.exe the following as the CFG file to load: mods/my_mod//my.cfg.

The kingdoms.exe will not be able to find that file and will abort with the error message. To fix the launcher menu entry, delete the old one and create a new one?
    -Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    What version of the program are you using (check Help -> About) since I can't reproduce the error. If it isn't 1.3 re-download and try again. If you have the 1.3 version I need a bunch of details to try and find the bug, if you could supply the following it would be greatly appreciated:

Operating System (XP/Vista/Win7/etc)
    Platform (32-bit/64-bit)

Just a note Vercingetorixx:

The shorthand is determined by the letters I highlighted.
    I'm using the 1.3 version. I have steam installed on a 'd' drive as it was filling up too much space on my 'd' drive [don't know if that makes a difference].
    I'm using windows 7 & 64 bit platform.
    I appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    Seems like a bug. In the meantime you can use the Registry editor (regedit.exe) to remove those keys manually.

The keys are located at HKLM\Software\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Mods\Unofficial\ or if you use a 64bit version they are located at: HKLM\Software\WoW6432Node\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Mods\Unofficial\.
    Hey, shockingly, I found this within registry edit. But I had no 'unofficial' listing as all the extra listings were under 'official' mods.

I tried to delete the extra listings, but I got an error message & it wouldn't let me do it.

Now I feel foolish
    I logged on as my administrator account and deleted the extra registries just fine.

I am having an issue. When I open the Launcher Mod List and go to "Create New Mod" The "Language" part is not even there, and the "config file" part is grayed out and does not even have a browse option available.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vercingetorixx View Post
    Now I feel foolish
    I logged on as my administrator account and deleted the extra registries just fine.
    Which would be why you got a message saying you require admin permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by nojia View Post
    I am having an issue. When I open the Launcher Mod List and go to "Create New Mod" The "Language" part is not even there, and the "config file" part is grayed out and does not even have a browse option available.
    That's as intended. The language entry just uses whatever language you've installed M2TW with, while the config file chooses the appropriate one from your mod folder if it exists otherwise it leaves it blank. See the release notes for the 1.2 version for more precise details.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Version 1.4

Added
    - Will prompt for elevated permissions for Vista/Win7 OS if required

Go to the first post to get the new version.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

I just downloaded the app but when i opened it it wouldn't let me type in or browse for the .cfg file also the box to select a launguage isn't there.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Read two posts up from yours, the app has been updated to work differently.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The tutorial Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam has been updated to reflect the changes with version 1.4

Hey all,

I am having problems getting Call of Warhammer working. This is what I posted on another thread. I keep getting the CA_LIBS error and I can't understand how to fix it.

"I am having problems installing it, I uninstalled everything, then re-installed it. I get the laucher, Vanilla and Kingdom works, but CoW doesn't. I downloaded it through pirate bay and utorrent, I did everything that was needed as I use steam, I used the mod app thing laucher, CoW appears on the TWMII launcher, and then when I want to play it I get the CA_LIBS error. So I checked and so I found a thread where Gigantus explains how to fix it but I don't have any of the files you mention."

Thanks!

Edit: Whats interesting is that all the normal kingdom campaigns and the vanilla version works perfectly. Only the Call of Warhammer entry doesn't.
    Last edited by LokenMordeus; August 30, 2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: More info

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LokenMordeus View Post
    Hey all,

I am having problems getting Call of Warhammer working. This is what I posted on another thread. I keep getting the CA_LIBS error and I can't understand how to fix it.

"I am having problems installing it, I uninstalled everything, then re-installed it. I get the laucher, Vanilla and Kingdom works, but CoW doesn't. I downloaded it through pirate bay and utorrent, I did everything that was needed as I use steam, I used the mod app thing laucher, CoW appears on the TWMII launcher, and then when I want to play it I get the CA_LIBS error. So I checked and so I found a thread where Gigantus explains how to fix it but I don't have any of the files you mention."

Thanks!

Edit: Whats interesting is that all the normal kingdom campaigns and the vanilla version works perfectly. Only the Call of Warhammer entry doesn't.
    CA_LIBS errors have nothing to do with this program, its a problem with the mod itself.

Right but is there any errors that tend to occur while using the app?

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Not if you use it correctly, but that isn't related to this tool but to the mod being installed correctly.

Hey, I would like to say that I got the mod to work but!

Ok I discovered something. All this time I was opening the launcher through steam and the kingdoms game. All this time it gave me the error when I tried to open the game. What I did just now was to open the launcher through the vanilla game in steam, since you asked me to try out both, and voila! this time it works. Really odd not sure why but it works.

I don't know if this is normal or if it is something new.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

launcher.exe is in the vanilla icon's target. This is why.

Hey, Posted in the Steam install thread yesterday and was directed here. So, installed everything correctly (I think) and when I try to run the game I just get an "unhandled exception" error. Game starts to come up and I see a split second of "Westeros Total War" load screen and then it goes blank. Using the steam version and used Squid's mod app. Any help?

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Nothing my app does, you likely installed the mod incorrectly as I just installed Westeros on my machine (I have M2TW/Kingdoms for Steam) ran it through the Kingdoms game and everything worked fine.