Thread: how to save my packs i made

Default how to save my packs i made

in dont know how to change it to save as mod.

Default Re: how to save my packs i made

file > change pack type > mod should work if your in the PFM

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

I guess you're probably trying to modify an official pack. Don't do it, theres a reason PFM tells you that you shouldn't. When you want to make a new mod, the first thing you do is set up a new pack. This means that if you screw up and do something which breaks the game, all you have to do to fix it is uninstall your mod.

Step 1: Add a new personal mod in PFM
    File -> MyMods -> New. Enter the name and location that you want to store it. When it asks you to select data proceed to step 2
    When you have a mod selected under MyMods, extracted tables automatically locate themselves in the mod directory which makes extracting multiple tables much faster

Step 2: Extract the files you want.
    Open the official pack (probably data_rome2.pack) in PFM, and navigate to the file you want (I'll use data_rome2/db/kv_rules as an example). Right click -> extract -> extract selected. If you navigate to the folder you created for your mod, you will find a folder structure representing the location of the table in the pack (eg. <mod name>/db/kv_rules in my case) with a binary file inside cotaining the details of the table.

Step 3: Import the files into your mod
    File -> MyMods -> Select your mod
    Files -> Add -> File(s)
    Navigate to the binary files you extracted and add them. You can use the directory option to add a group of tables at once, but be careful to keep the structure the same and not accidentally add another level. Individual Files is safer

Step 4: Make your changes

Step 5: Install your mod
    PFM has a great feature where it can manage the user.script.txt entries and add your mod.pack to the Rome2 data folder for you.
    File -> MyMods -> Install ____ (depending on which of your mods you have selected)
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Here's my basic modding tutorial thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Modding-Primer
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Here's my basic modding tutorial thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Modding-Primer
    That really should get stickied, I keep losing it...
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments