Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Completed)

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XXVI uploaded - Jan 10)

XXVII: A game of shadows

1558 – Spring

“Nobushige-sama, a message from the birds for you.”

Thanking Masako for her delivery, I settled down in the war room to read the diminutive scroll. Harunobu’s correspondence had become less frequent these days – no doubt influenced by the rash of rebellions in the newly acquired Totomi province. Despite his frankly brilliant military victory at Tenryugawa – which he had been quick to publicise in his last letter – the resident populace were still fiercely loyal to the Imagawa, and only some impressive manoeuvring of the troops had kept a lid on the simmering discontent. As I carefully sliced off the layer of wax that protected the contents within, I looked forward to hearing from Harunobu as a next of kin, but also to garner news of the Sanada brothers. Old Yukitaka had somehow learnt of his sons’ involvement in the recent battles, and had been constant in his questions about our daimyo’s assessment of them.

“Nobushige-sama,

I write to you as a matter of urgency to persuade you to march on Yamato province. Despite the Imagawa’s neglect the fertile plains there still serve as the bread basket to those most foul of creatures as well as the imperial court. Seizing it now would not only weaken the Imagawa foothold in the Kansai significantly, but being the provider of rice to the emperor would undoubtedly be of some benefit to our fortunes. I have suggested as much before the council, but our lord is blinded by the trivial rivalry that exists between himself and his imagination of Nobushge-sama yourself. It is imperative that we do not let this opportunity slip, for a better one may not come to constrain the Imagawa’s ambitions. We have been fortunate in the recent battles, but the fate of our people should not rest upon luck – and even less so the clouded judgements of Harunobu-sama, all conquering as he undoubtedly is.

Should you be reluctant to act in defiance of your brother, perhaps your men could fly the colours of the Iga families? I hear they are suitably loyal to your leadership.

Yamamoto Kansuke”

Incinerating the letter over a candle flame, I turned to the sight of Masako sporting a weary expression. I typically had her store any letters from Harunobu, and my present actions evidently troubled her. I thought better of explaining to her. Masakage’s previous revelations about his brother’s intentions towards me were worrying enough, and the less she knows about the political shenanigans among the council, the better.

“Secret scouting reports – it’s safer if I burn it.” I offered, hoping she would either believe me or let the lie slip, “there is talk of another rebellion from the remaining Ikko, that’s all.”

I turned towards the door, hoping to remove myself before the girl inevitably chased for more answers. Hearing a soft a sigh behind me, my step hesitated for a moment, and before I could resume my exit I suddenly felt a pair of slender arms wrapping themselves around my midriff, followed by a fragrance I hadn’t noticed before. I opened my mouth, but no words came. Each second that passed seemed like an eternity.

“Masako…”

“Nobushige-sama! Welcome to my humble shop! What honour it is to have you here again!”

Tanaka, the owner of the sake den, greeted me with his usual enthusiasm. The rotund man was well into his fifties, yet still retained the exuberance of one much younger. The establishment was situated close to the castle and I had frequented his establishment often. Sometimes I would come in the company of Yukitaka, Masakage or the other generals, while others I would arrive alone. Such visits almost invariably ended with Masako’s criticism, and tonight would be no different. As I sat down at a table, my thoughts were interrupted by the shopkeeper serving me my sake. The political manoeuvring and rumour-mongering among the members of the council were nothing surprising, but the recent crescendo in activity was troubling nonetheless. Toramasa was one of the clan’s leading generals, and had acted as mentor to me during my early years. I knew little of why his opinion had turned against me in recent years, but it mattered for little at least in the immediate future. What had irked me was the behaviour of Harunobu himself. We shared a rivalry between us not unlike any other pair of siblings, but the lack of communication and apparent distrust of recent days was uncharacteristic even for his fickle standards. Whether he had taken to Toramasa’s words was of mild concern to me, but allowing such petty words to distract us from our mission to vanquish the Imagawa would be far more damaging…

“Yes master, we shall contact the correct persons as soon as the right arrangements are made. The target will be cut down in short order once we have made the appropriate payments.”

The words were softly spoken, but attracted my attention immediately. My thoughts were becoming increasingly muddled thanks to my steady consumption of sake, and the faint words provided a welcome diversion. Regaining my focus, I searched for the source of my distraction but to no avail. The revelry in the den had devolved into a brawl of drinking, gambling and boisterous games of various description, and it was impossible to discern anything useful above the noise. Before long I found my thoughts drifting back to Harunobu, the childhood we shared, and the rapid rise in fortune of our clan in the past years. As I did so I could not help but let out a sigh, lamenting the fact that as our domains increased so did the distance between Harunobu, Nobukado and myself.

“…the funds are ready for the most part. You have my word that the tiger will die before winter falls again...”

There it was again. This time the direction of the voices was more discernible, and I strained my ears to listen in on the conversation. The necessity of an alias for the intended victim surely meant he was an important individual, and the use of the word tiger piqued my interest. If the tiger these men spoke of were who I suspected then these men bore far more sinister motives than I had first suspected. As I surveyed the small wooden structure in the direction of the voices, I saw men revelling in their games, men drinking away the sorrows as I had begun to, and finally some servants milling about. Just as I was about to return to my drink which Tanaka had diligently refilled yet again, I caught sight of two men in a corner – neither drinking nor gambling, but sitting silently and surveying their surroundings not unlike I had done. One of them looked in my direction, and our eyes met for a moment. He looked away hurriedly, and I congratulated myself quietly on my discovery. Even as drink numbed my senses I felt my alertness return to me. Draining another cup of sake, I asked it to be refilled again. This time it was not be to drown my feelings, but to obscure my motives before my prey.

It was another half hour before the mysterious pair finally made their leave from Tanaka’s shop, splitting as they went. As I made my way across the machi after one of the men, I couldn’t help but tug on my hakama despite the warmth provided by cup after cup of sake. The first traces of spring had arrived, but the winds were still chilly at night. As I walked, I touched the hilt of my wakizashi. Bringing a blade had been out of habit, but the decision looked a fortuitous now. Putting on my best imitation of nonchalance, I stepped carefully several dozen paces behind my target, taking a twisting path through the machi streets as we went. Passing by the ninjutsu school that Hanzo had helped set up before his departure, the shady character ahead suddenly turned to face me. Much to my chagrin he promptly turned away before breaking into a sprint.

Running after my target, I was delighted to see that he chose to make his way into the street between the market and the tax registry. The end of the street was blocked by the newly constructed armoury, and as I slowed to catch my breath, I could make out the shadow of a man under the moonlight – bent over and struggling for air. Realising that there would be no escape, he squared up to me, both fists balled.

“You have nowhere to run now. Surrender yourself and perhaps there will yet be mercy,” I offered, hoping yet for a peaceful resolution to the chase, “Who is the tiger, and what do you intend?”

The black clad man remained silent, and instead decided to fling himself upon me, fists flying in a furious attack. Taking a step back, I retrieved my blade, and a spurt of blood sprayed across me as it made contact with my assailant. We traded blows for a moment before, realising his disadvantage without a blade to counter mine, he suddenly turned to run past me. Instinctively I swung my blade around, and made healthy contact with the man’s ankle. Even as he fell to the ground with a heavy thud, he sought to escape still. Before long my blade rested below his chin.

“Speak, vermin. What master do you serve and what do you seek?” I pressed my blade against his neck, hoping he would see sense and put down his resistance. It was no surprise however, when my captive defied my orders.

“Pah, Nobushige-sama, you know nothing of our schemes. You will not be able to stop us.”

“Fool! If you value your life then you’d do well to confess your evil.” I felt my anger swell up inside me, and pressed harder on the blade on his neck. A small trickle of blood flowed from where the blade had pierced skin.

“What if I don’t value my life, but instead that our will be done? I am but a slave to my master, and his wish shall be done, whether you like it or not. Whether I live is of little importance.” The man’s expression was one of crazed glee now, and as his words left his mouth he suddenly grabbed my right hand, shoving my blade into his neck. Within minutes he was dead, leaving me kneeling over him, stunned at my failure to extract any kind of information.

The walk back to the castle was a long and lonely one filled with a jumble of drink-fueled ideas. As Masako helped me out of my bloodied vestments her words of criticism were filled with sadness, yet I barely heard them. I could not help but wonder of the conspiracy I had stumbled upon. Who was the tiger, and what did these villainous characters want?
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; April 25, 2016 at 09:39 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XXVI uploaded - Jan 10)

Love this AAR. Just downloading Shogun 2(Installing from CD turns to downloading the entire game. Highly irritating), and I think I know what clan I'll try out first. Great stuff.
    WIP. Watch this space. It'll be epic.

No, seriously.

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XXVII uploaded - Jan 15)

Love the last chapter, it makes you think so many different thoughts

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

enertaining

Ninjas on the prowl, let the conspiracies begin...

Quote Originally Posted by HeirofAlexander View Post
    Love the last chapter, it makes you think so many different thoughts
    And what thoughts be those?

Quote Originally Posted by LegolasGreenleaf View Post
    Love this AAR. Just downloading Shogun 2(Installing from CD turns to downloading the entire game. Highly irritating), and I think I know what clan I'll try out first. Great stuff.
    Glad you're going to try out the mighty Takeda. I'll just pretend that my AAR was persuasive in that regard

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon150 View Post
    enertaining
    Thanks! Good luck with your Hojo AAR too!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbiean View Post
    Ninjas on the prowl, let the conspiracies begin...
    Every day is a good day for conspiracies

Alright I have a confession to make. That last chapter was written after about half a dozen beers, so I'm rather glad it ended up decently

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

There goes a very dedicated Ninja. Nice to have a little bit of intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    And what thoughts be those?
    Hmm.. Maybe you lost Shingen and want to cover it up by blaming ninja

I smell an assassination anyways..

fully forgot to comment on this, read it on update day, loved this new chapter. Ninja are my second fave part of Japan. Swords being the first.
    brilliant to see the tables turned upon our slashing samurai friend and have ninja come after him for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

Samurais and now ninjas, this just gets better. I'm not well-versed with Japanese history, but this has been absolutely enjoyable regardless of that. I can't wait to see what happens next, great job!

Great update! I liked this side story / side perspective.
    Nice way to stir up the plot!

Hmm.. Maybe you lost Shingen and want to cover it up by blaming ninja

I smell an assassination anyways..
    Hmm Shingen is alive and well. I'm not afraid to admit that I'd probably reload if Shingen died

Quote Originally Posted by Grimecraft View Post
    fully forgot to comment on this, read it on update day, loved this new chapter. Ninja are my second fave part of Japan. Swords being the first.
    brilliant to see the tables turned upon our slashing samurai friend and have ninja come after him for a change.
    Glad you enjoyed it! I'm very wary of the plot getting repetitive with the battles and sieges, so it was about time I injected something new into the plot. On a personal level I do enjoy writing about the political shenanigans than battles so it probably comes through a little in the text. There will always be room for martial badassery though

Quote Originally Posted by Thokran View Post
    Samurais and now ninjas, this just gets better. I'm not well-versed with Japanese history, but this has been absolutely enjoyable regardless of that. I can't wait to see what happens next, great job!
    Thank you sir! I will endeavour to justify your high praise in the coming chapters

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Great update! I liked this side story / side perspective.
    Nice way to stir up the plot!
    Arigatou-gozaimasu sensei A little teaser I guess - what's coming isn't just ninja prancing about in the night. It's much more interesting than that

(Oh crap, have I set the bar too high? ) In any case the next chapter will be ready by the weekend. I've been rather sidetracked drawing little details on helmets for the Sekigahara mod.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; January 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM.

Cavaleiro Cruzado's Avatar Libertus

Spectacular! I started reading his account now, and I am delighted excellent narrative description of the battle is also very good. It really is to be congratulated!

Edit. I am a member of a community of fans and players TW series in Brazil, and I wonder if you would allow me to translate and adapt it so that I may put it in this community? I will make clear that all the information and give you full credit as the author of the story, so I will be releasing even more work by opening a new field of abragência readers.

Att.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Lovely tale this is

Quote Originally Posted by Cavaleiro Cruzado View Post
    Spectacular! I started reading his account now, and I am delighted excellent narrative description of the battle is also very good. It really is to be congratulated!

Edit. I am a member of a community of fans and players TW series in Brazil, and I wonder if you would allow me to translate and adapt it so that I may put it in this community? I will make clear that all the information and give you full credit as the author of the story, so I will be releasing even more work by opening a new field of abragência readers.

Att.
    Please see my PM

Wait, does this mean I will be famous internationally?

Quote Originally Posted by Boustrophedon View Post
    Lovely tale this is
    Thank you

Next chapter up soon. Just doing the formatting and uploading pics and so on.

XXVIII: Trepidation

1558 – Summer

Harunobu took his time fastening his helmet. After the overwhelming victory at Hamamatsu the Imagawa fell into a state of apparent disarray, and an almost defenseless Okazaki castle was taken in time for Hanami, the festival of flower viewing, to be celebrated there. The spring breeze had since been replaced by the relentless sunny days of summer, and the troops were on the advance again. Expecting a lengthy siege of Inazawa castle, the cavalry and teppo regiments were left to garrison Hamamatsu castle while some one thousand and six hundred men crossed the border into Owari. Once a modest home to the Oda clan, the fortress now stood three storeys tall with alternating towers arranged menacingly on the overlapping walls. It would not be an easy battle, Harunobu knew, but he cared little for that now. This was the last bastion of the Imagawa’s defence before their capital, and he would not be denied having come so close to his prize. The title bestowed upon him by the shogun meant little, but the subjugation of the age old Imgawa clan would afford him much honour. Kagetora may have united the Northern provinces under his banner, but to hold much of the Kanto, Shinano and now the Tokaido provinces was an achievement that was unsurpassed by any man alive.

The sight of a crumpled ball of paper in one corner of his tent entered Harunobu’s vision. Nobushige had sent word warning of a potential attack on his person from “mysterious characters”, and had even offered covert protection from his so-called vassals from Iga. Harunobu chuckled as he exited his tent, mildly amused by Nobushige’s cautious nature which had changed little despite over a decade of near-constant warfare. Living on the edge of a blade had evidently not gotten through to his brother. Perhaps it served him well, Harunobu thought, but as the foremost power in all Japan now, he had bigger problems to worry about. The men were well rested after the short march along the coast, and it was time for Inazawa castle to accept its destiny.

Harunobu chuckled to himself. Under the oppressive summer heat, the moat of the castle – which would have formed an impressive ring around the walls – was now dry save for a few patches of water in the lowest spots. Nonetheless the castle walls were formidable, and the multitude of enemy banners told of a difficult struggle to come. He had positioned the men on the East side of the castle where the defensive works were at their scarcest. The solitary defensive tower on the Eastern wall was as imposing as it was tall, though, and removing it would be a priority. Following the men as they marched under the sound of crickets, Harunobu outlined his instructions to Kansuke. Not long after, the calm of the pale morning sky was pierced by hundreds of fiery projectiles as, upon reaching their designated positions beneath the walls, the Takeda archers let fly in unison. Instructed to focus their fire on the main defensive tower, they aimed volley after volley of fire arrows into the wooden structure even as arrows flew into the Takeda ranks.

Harunbu breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of a flames rising from the tower. The cries of men were mixed with the crackle of charred wood as a thick black smoke billowed from the windows. Urging his horse forward, Harunobu shouted words of encouragement as the men made their ascent. Two companies of samurai of Izu samurai were ordered to make climb a hundred paces to the south, and the same number from Sagami did the same an equal distance to the north. The attention of the defenders would be scattered by the multi-front attack, Harunobu hoped.

There is nowhere to hide now. Soon it will be over, and these lands will belong to the Takeda…

The fighting on the walls was fierce as the Imagawa defenders poured themselves on the castle walls in a desperate attempt to stem the tide of red clad men emerging from below. Blades clashed and bodies swirled in a deadly dance as both sides struggled to gain the upper hand. A great number of men fell on both sides, but neither side had achieved their goal even after an hour of fighting. The Takeda had preserved their foothold on the castle walls, but were no closer to pushing the Imagawa back.

Frustrated by the lack of progress, Harunobu dismounted from his horse. Sprinting towards the base of the wall with his bodyguard scrambling to protect their lord, he launched himself upon the steeply sloping wall. Finding himself in the first courtyard of the castle, surrounded by men locked in melee, Harunobu paused for a second, taking in the sights and sounds of Battle. A collage of blue and red bodies churned slowly around him, and the din of battle drowned out even his own thoughts. A nauseating smell meanwhile filled his nostrils – a confused stench of burning wood, charred flesh, blood and spilt bowels. Eyeing the burning gate to the second courtyard, Harunobu raised his katana in the air, and made for the sloped entrance. His retinue struggled to keep in front as he went, desperate to shield him from the constant shower of arrow fire. Baba Nobufusa, Kansuke and the Sanada brothers each barrelled through a number of enemy samurai who had by now turned their attention to the Takeda daimyo, cutting through them with ruthless abandon.

Suddenly, a loud crash of timber accompanied the clatter of hooves filled their ears as the sight of the Imagawa general charging through the gate filled their vision. Harunobu knew little of who the man was, but the sight of this advance excited him. As the horsemen thundered down the steep slope, the Takeda bodyguard adopted a defensive square formation, and several horses crashed to the ground with deep gashes torn their undersides as they passed. Equally, several Takeda samurai fell, their blood slowly staining the courtyard floor.

My brothers, your bravery shall not be forgotten...I will make sure of it.

Not satisfied to be shielded from the action, Harunobu stepped forth and found an opponent in one of the Imagawa bodyguard. The rider sat at an impressive height on the back of his horse, but just as he had trained from a young age to charge from the back of a horse, Harunobu had learnt to counter one from the disadvantage of being on foot. Dodging the horseman’s sideways jabs, Harunobu aimed strokes at the rider’s legs and midriff, and the two men locked in a deadly circular dance. Rider and horse each took several blows to the thighs and side, but Harunobu was been bloodied too. Still neither managed to land a decisive blow, and thus both fought on relentlessly. In a desperate duck to evade the rider’s blade, Harunobu opened his palm and grasped a handful of earth from the courtyard floor. Swing his arm as he righted himself, Harunobu flung the clump of dirt at his adversary, only to be disappointed that the intended diversion had not affected his foe. Then, in a decisive twist of fate, the horse – blinded from Harunobu’s impromptu projectile, decided to raise itself upon its hind legs. Sensing an opportunity Harunobu twisted his blade and stabbed upwards into the sterum of the beast. Even through the shower of thick, dark blood that obscured his vision the Takeda daimyo could see the rider tumble backwards onto the courtyard floor, where he was reduced to a pulp in short order by the nearby Masayuki.

Nodding in gratitude to the younger Sanada, Harunobu looked around at the carnage that surrounded him. The Imagawa general was nowhere to be seen – dead presumably – and although his men were beginning to gain the upper hand on the walls, there was still no end in sight to the conflict. Turned to enter the second gateway, Harunobu charged through the jumble of smoldering beams, his arm across face to shield it from the fiery sparks and burning timbers which by now were on the verge of collapse. He was relieved to see that the likes of Kansuke and Masayuki were there to follow him, but it did not escape his attention that their numbers were greatly reduced even among the bodyguard.

We must forge ahead, for too much has been sacrificed for us to relent now. Take the tenshu, and surely the Imagawa will scatter…

The fighting in the second courtyard was scarcer, and was limited to the Izu samurai combating a company of Imagawa archers who not long ago had been raining volley after volley of arrows upon the melee below. Harunobu cared little for that now, though, for he was confident his men would prevail against the Imagawa peasants. Instead, he headed directly for the walls to the final courtyard where the final prize for this bloody siege lay in wait. Fatigued by the fighting, Harunobu struggled up the near-vertical walls that barred him from the final prize.

Those who remained of Harunobu's bodyguard followed him closely, making their way into the courtyard after their daimyo. They understood his thoughts as if they were their own, and steeled themselves as they waded through a sea of dead Imagawa soldiers and approached the great wooden gate to the tenshu.

Harunobu stood breathlessly, his blade stained with the blood of the last Imagawa defenders as well as his own. Mino was not far off now…

“Katsuchiyo…”

Stunned by the reference to his birth name, Harunobu felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. Nobody within the clan had ever referred to him by that name, and the sole exception to that was…

“F-…fath…”

“Son, you have done well for yourself. I can see the clan is in good hands…”

Harunobu remained silent, unable to move or look back at the voice he hadn’t heard for so long. Despite the animosity that had led to the fateful events of that year, Harunobu still wondered how his father had fared among the Imagawa, especially after the diplomatic relations – which had facilitated his father’s exile – had ended.

“Son, you will achieve many things, but to be truly great you must remember that you are not alone. Whatever your ambitions are your brothers are only there to stand by your side. They are great men in their own right but wish only to serve the banner of our clan. In that they are unlike you… or indeed me…”

Harunobu spun round violently, and could only stand in shock as he was faced with nothing but the empty war room. Instead of the familiar face he had envisaged, all that he saw was the blood-stained wooden floor, and upon it the dead bodies, scattered where Harunobu had felled them. Running to the doorway, Harunobu collided heavily with the onrushing Sanada Nobutsuna. Neither Nobutsuna nor Masayuki and Kansuke – both a mere step behind – had heard anything or seen anyone from the narrow corridor.

Looking out onto the castle ramparts, the Takeda daimyo watched as his men put the remaining Imagawa defenders to flight. The day was theirs, albeit at a tremendously high cost. Two-thirds of his own bodyguard lay dead on the castle ramparts, and half of all who marched from Hamamatsu would never see it again. Victory was his, but just as it was at Hamamatsu it brought him little pleasure. His men hadn’t found as much as a soul in the tenshu despite an extensive search, even though the voice he heard was unmistakable. Overcome by fatigue and sadness, Harunobu could only bury his head in his hands as he allowed his frame to slide down the wall it rested upon.

Father, I will bring much honour to our clan as you wished to do yourself. However you don’t understand…you didn't then and you wouldn't now. If you did neither of us would be in the positions we presently find ourselves, wherever you may be…

Campaign screens

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Map

Diplomacy

Arts
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; April 25, 2016 at 09:45 AM.

Default Re: Takeda - A Shogun 2 AAR (Chapter XXVIII uploaded - Jan 21)

Love it! I don't think there is much more to say.

Edit: Quick question; why is Shingen still named Harunobu? I thought he changed it in 1549?...
    Last edited by Heiro de Bodemloze; January 22, 2012 at 05:21 AM.

Imagawa are finished, the Shogun is next and he knows it, or if he doesn't then he should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

Great update! This seemed to be a tough battle, but also an important step towards the final goal.
    Nice touch with the voice at the end too. I said it already, but it must be repeated: you have a good talent creating an authentic atmosphere.

Love it! I don't think there is much more to say.

Edit: Quick question; why is Shingen still named Harunobu? I thought he changed it in 1549?...
    Artistic license It is for a good reason though

Quote Originally Posted by Grimecraft View Post
    Imagawa are finished, the Shogun is next and he knows it, or if he doesn't then he should.
    The Imagawa should be more or less done soon. I'll not comment on the second half of your sentence though

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Great update! This seemed to be a tough battle, but also an important step towards the final goal.
    Nice touch with the voice at the end too. I said it already, but it must be repeated: you have a good talent creating an authentic atmosphere.
    You are too kind as always

All this is leading up to something quite profound. I hope it will live up to my readership's expectations Thanks all for reading as usual!