Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Quote Originally Posted by nurker View Post
    Why does the latest version from April 27 crash every 5-6 turns?
    I haven't noticed any more crashes with this version than with previous ones. Either your version is badly installed, or you have background software that limits SSHIP, or you've modified some files yourself, or your PC has a problem...
    If not, send me a backup before a crash to see if it happens again. If so, I'll look into the cause for a possible fix.

[QUOTE=kostic;16169490]Я не заметил больше сбоев в этой версии, чем в предыдущих. Либо ваша версия плохо установлена, либо у вас фоновое программное обеспечение, ограничивающее SSHIP, либо вы самостоятельно изменили некоторые файлы, либо на вашем компьютере возникла проблема...
    Если нет, пришлите мне резервную копию перед сбоем, чтобы посмотреть, произойдет ли это снова. . Если это так, я буду искать причину и возможное решение. [/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

https://pixeldrain.com/u/GpzVkZdd

The game crashes after the battle and siege of the city and switching to strategic map mode
    Last edited by nurker; May 24, 2024 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nuker
    https://pixeldrain.com/u/GpzVkZdd

The game crashes after the battle and siege of the city and switching to strategic map mode
    Weird... As you can see from these pictures, I was able to do your battle and didn't crash when I came back to the map.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My version is the one from March, but it should be identical to the one from April, since the only difference between the two is this EDU file that I corrected myself.

PS: maybe you won't have the same event images. This is normal: for aesthetic reasons, I've used the event images from southern Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Weird... As you can see from these pictures, I was able to do your battle and didn't crash when I came back to the map.

My version is the one from March, but it should be identical to the one from April, since the only difference between the two is this EDU file that I corrected myself.

PS: maybe you won't have the same event images. This is normal: for aesthetic reasons, I've used the event images from southern Europe.
    I noticed one thing: but is it normal that outposts built by the rebels from “stone towers” become “wooden”

I deleted Medival 2 and reinstalled it, this time I completed the battle, went to the map, but as soon as I wanted to save, the game crashed.

In the video settings, I set everything to the maximum size, does this somehow affect the crashes?

I see no other solution than to give you the savegame after the battle: New_SSHIP+
    As for the rest, I don't understand where your problem comes from. Did you install the Large Address Aware.exe from the SSHIP_098 folder?

I installed LAA on Medieval 2 version 1.52 and it didn't help.

Then I installed Medieval 2 version 1.50 with LAA and everything works without crashes on high graphics settings.
    Last edited by nurker; June 03, 2024 at 06:44 AM.

Then I installed Medieval 2 version 1.50 with LAA and everything works without crashes on high graphics settings.
    Can you tell me if SSHIP is now working properly?

Yes, it works without crashes.

1. What version of the engine do you have?

2. In the August version of SSHIP RivaTuner shows the number of frames, but in the April version it does not show, why?

3. Should the number of cardinals be constantly decreasing?

For some reason, new cardinals are not elected, everyone grows old and dies, but there are no new ones.

Why in very hard mode, when choosing an attack with a general, I cannot attack with army captains, but the AI ​​can attack with army captains?

Is this fair?

Yes, it works without crashes.

1. What version of the engine do you have?

2. In the August version of SSHIP RivaTuner shows the number of frames, but in the April version it does not show, why?

3. Should the number of cardinals be constantly decreasing?

For some reason, new cardinals are not elected, everyone grows old and dies, but there are no new ones.
    1- My version is the same as yours: Medieval 2 (1.5) with one "kingdoms" executable and another "medieval2".
    2- I've never activated the number of frames in this game. I didn't even know that a RivaTuner application existed.
    3- I did notice that the player seems to be the only one with so few cardinals, and that few of them are promoted in the game. Perhaps this could be improved by @Macaras, @Jurand of Cracow or @Belovese?
    4- This option is indeed unfair. If only generals can launch attacks, the same should apply to AI. If our modders are unable to force the AI to do so, I'd advise against enabling this option.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    1- My version is the same as yours: Medieval 2 (1.5) with one "kingdoms" executable and another "medieval2".
    2- I've never activated the number of frames in this game. I didn't even know that a RivaTuner application existed.
    3- I did notice that the player seems to be the only one with so few cardinals, and that few of them are promoted in the game. Perhaps this could be improved by @Macaras, @Jurand of Cracow or @Belovese?
    4- This option is indeed unfair. If only generals can launch attacks, the same should apply to AI. If our modders are unable to force the AI to do so, I'd advise against enabling this option.
    Like you, I played for France on very hard. By the 100th turn, hordes of armies without generals from the HRE were coming towards me, all with expensive knights, at first it’s fun to fight them off, but then you get so tired of it, you start losing province after province.

Very hard with attack settings only with generals could be more interesting, but you are attacked by hordes of captains