Thread: Total War Saga Troy Font Size Help

Default Total War Saga Troy Font Size Help

I'm looking to increase the font sizes in Total War: Troy. They are too small for me. I have modded other games that had a file called /ui/fontcategories.xml in the data.pack, and this works great. However, Troy (like Shogun 2 and Warhammer 2) seems to use this binary .fc file instead.

Does anyone know how to edit this binary file? Notepad doesn't work, and the hex editor is not much help either.

Alternatively, if someone knows of an existing mod that adds 6 pixels to all the fonts, that would also work.

Please help. Thank you.

Default Re: Total War Saga Troy Font Size Help

Quote Originally Posted by katieelizabeth View Post
    I'm looking to increase the font sizes in Total War: Troy. They are too small for me. I have modded other games that had a file called /ui/fontcategories.xml in the data.pack, and this works great. However, Troy (like Shogun 2 and Warhammer 2) seems to use this binary .fc file instead.

Does anyone know how to edit this binary file? Notepad doesn't work, and the hex editor is not much help either.

Alternatively, if someone knows of an existing mod that adds 6 pixels to all the fonts, that would also work.

Please help. Thank you.
    Can you provide the binary file you need to fix? Who knows, maybe I can help.

Default Re: Total War Saga Troy Font Size Help

This is how I usually tweak binary files. Hope it can help you.
    To alter a specific byte, choose it. To go between the Binary Editor's hexadecimal and ASCII parts, press the Tab key.
    Enter the updated value. The emphasis moves to the following value on the line as the value changes instantly in both the ASCII and hexadecimal parts.