View Poll Results: Whom do you support and to what extent?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support Ukraine fully.

104 69.33%
  • I support Russia fully.

16 10.67%
  • I only support Russia's claim over Crimea.

4 2.67%
  • I only support Russia's claim over Crimea and Donbass (Luhansk and Donetsk regions).

11 7.33%
  • Not sure.

7 4.67%
  • I don't care.

8 5.33%

Thread: Russia, US, Ukraine, and the Future

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Russia, US, Ukraine, and the Future

So Russian offensive has commenced.
    What do you guys think will happen to Zelenskyy once Ukraine is defeated and the Russians get to him or maybe he will run to the west???

Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    The oblasts as a whole do not, but the areas that the Russians held pre-2022 (which were only about a third of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts overall) did. This is probably why the conflict in 2015 and 2016 had the results it did; the Russian proxy groups were only able to hold areas where they could find at least some kind of support.
    If you look at 2014 more closely, then you'll see that territory, controlled by Ukraine changed quite drastically over time. At first separatists gain a lot of ground - they just moved armed groups into new settlement, kicked out local administration and claimed place for their own. What support? They didn't care much. And after ukrainian forces came, those settlements returned into Ukraine just as easily.
    Did you know what even in Donetsk peoples lived peacefully and under still working ukrainian administration up till 16 jule? Yeah, 3 months after the start of armed confrontation in some places, 2 months after so called referendum for independence. Peoples might support "peaceful annexation like in Crimea" (and no, not all of them, probably not even majority), but no one wanted to go to war with Ukraine. Russian paramilitary forces made them.

And no, russian proxy groups failed to win against army (even tho it was in really sorry state then) in the end. Only use of russian army forces at the end of august-september defeated ukrainian army. And then, in 2014, they take as much ground as Russia wanted. They could have more - it's not question of population support, only military plans at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    What do you guys think will happen to Zelenskyy once Ukraine is defeated and the Russians get to him or maybe he will run to the west???
    Last edited by Nebaki; January 07, 2023 at 12:27 AM.

Where? In your head? Or did they heroically take Pisky for 10-th time again?
    Haven't they asked for ceasefire right about now?

Quote Originally Posted by Loyt View Post
    Haven't they asked for ceasefire right about now?
    Our journalists on site report that the ceasefire Putin asked for was not given to him. The Ukrainians are fighting just as hard as they did before.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

My guy, you need to flip a few pages on your calendar, today is the 7th of Jan 2023, not the 24th of Febuary 2022. The Russian offensive has already failed.

Russia's top scientific authorities are predicting bad times for the US: https://www.newsweek.com/shaman-alas...ophecy-1771846

A Siberian shaman has predicted that Alaska and California will become part of Russia in 2023.
    In a clip published by the Mash Telegram channel, Russia's deputy head shaman Artur Tsybikov offered insight into how he believes the year will turn out.
    He predicted the accession of the two U.S. states to Russia, and a prosperous year for his country.
    According to local media outlets, Tsybikov was given the status of deputy supreme shaman of the Russian Federation in 2018, and he previously served in Russia's special forces.
    Fear not! I will simply use my +3 Ring of Protection and my Robe of The Archmagi (grey) to block his spell, then trap him with my Iron Bands of Binding.

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Is this the waunted attack you predicted several months ago(any day now at that time) after claiming that the ukrainian army no longer existed? You should stop reading the Russian claims on destroyed Ukrainian equipment and you might get a better picture on the current situation.

Every time Russia takes a few villages they later lose without any fanfare, we get these post from your side claiming that it is all over for Ukraine. Come back to us with these posts when Russia actually maanges to push Ukrainian forces in any significant way.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Quote Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post
    Is this the waunted attack you predicted several months ago(any day now at that time) after claiming that the ukrainian army no longer existed?
    I didn't say "any day now", I specifically predicted late Dec/early Jan (go reread my posts).
    Based on some research and accounts of family/friends close to the warzone...seems I was fairly spot on.

Come back to us with these posts when Russia actually maanges to push Ukrainian forces in any significant way.
    You bet I will...

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    My guy, you need to flip a few pages on your calendar, today is the 7th of Jan 2023, not the 24th of Febuary 2022. The Russian offensive has already failed.
    Oh boy someone's been watching too much Fox [insert CNN] News �� And is of the belief Ukraine and the collective west led by murica is somehow winning...
    Some of the Zelensky fan boys are going to fall hard when (in the next few months), they all realise they fell for the woke west MSM propaganda in believing Ukraine would somehow win/prevail ��
    Last edited by chriscase; January 08, 2023 at 11:23 AM. Reason: please keep discussion impersonal

I didn't say "any day now", I specifically predicted late Dec/early Jan (go reread my posts), based on some research...seems I was fairly spot on.
    You specifically said "within days" 2.5 weeks ago:
    Something the CNN viewers are unlikely to be aware of here on TWC, but the Russian offensive said to begin within days.
    What can the embarrassed Russian army do?
    The Armenian Issue

Peresvet's Avatar Civis

If you knew the real situation in the Russian army, you would not joke like that. I myself am Russian and I know that the Russian army is not combat-ready and cannot defeat anyone, the maximum of its success is shelling Ukrainian cities with rockets and advancing several kilometers with the capture of a village in the Donbass, nothing more.
    I am Russian and I hate putin and war. Stop war in Ukraine.

Oh boy someone's been watching too much Fox [insert CNN] News  And is of the belief Ukraine and the collective west led by murica is somehow winning...
    Some of the Zelensky fan boys are going to fall hard when (in the next few months), they all realise they fell for the woke west MSM propaganda in believing Ukraine would somehow win/prevail 樂
    Lmao. I don't watch news at all I'm afraid. Ukraine is winning, because all Russia has done since July is retreat. But yeah, they've made some progress in 1 village (Soledar) today. Truly impressive.
    Last edited by chriscase; January 08, 2023 at 11:24 AM. Reason: continuity

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    You specifically said "within days" 2.5 weeks ago:
    Actually in my Nov 4th post I said roughly "4-5 weeks" when ground freezes over. That would place it around mid Dec. Fairly close prediction imo...

Peresvet's Avatar Civis

Actually in my Nov 4th post I said roughly "4-5 weeks" when ground freezes over. That would place it around mid Dec. Fairly close prediction imo...
    judging by the avatar, do you support stalin and putin? stalin was the main enemy of the Russian people, like the Bolsheviks and the Communists in general, they killed more Russians than any conqueror combined, Hitler and Napoleon.
    And now the heir of stalin - putin repeats the same path of his, with repression and war. A russian nationalist, if he is thinking, will always be an enemy of putin's regime.
    Last edited by Peresvet; January 07, 2023 at 09:43 AM.
    I am Russian and I hate putin and war. Stop war in Ukraine.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

So, if this was Victoria II, what would the current warscore be in the Ukraine-Russia war?
    I suppose that due to warscore building up in time if you control the provinces you have as wargoal, Russia would still be able to ask for one province (while keeping Crimea, obviously).
    But the above assumes Ukraine is the war-leader, not someone else (eg US )
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

That would place it around early December and it shows how you kept giving different days for it.

So, where is this offensive?
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; January 07, 2023 at 10:35 AM.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    So, if this was Victoria II, what would the current warscore be in the Ukraine-Russia war?
    I suppose that due to warscore building up in time if you control the provinces you have as wargoal, Russia would still be able to ask for one province (while keeping Crimea, obviously).
    Russia added 4 conquest wargoals (take region: Zaporozhia, Dontesk, Luhansk, Kherson) but does not fully control a single one of them. It also added puppet Ukraine, but it does not control the capital. All in all, Russia would have very negative ticking warscore.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

What offensive? Didn’t Russian Command just order a ceasefire for Christmas?

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Russia added 4 conquest wargoals (take region: Zaporozhia, Dontesk, Luhansk, Kherson) but does not fully control a single one of them. It also added puppet Ukraine, but it does not control the capital. All in all, Russia would have very negative ticking warscore.
    Hm! Yes, but warscore in Vic II keeps rising even if you control just a few of the provinces that make up the region ^^ So maybe combined it still gives them enough for one smaller region?
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    What offensive? Didn’t Russian Command just order a ceasefire for Christmas?
    Truth is an elusive concept in Russia, they can both have a ceasefire and an offensive at the same time. No problem here.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs