Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    I can recruit the Caliph's guard despite I don't own Bagdad
    Do we really need Baghdad to recruit Caliph's Guard?

My concern also is about the Tabardariyya. Dont know how/when to recruit them? As far as I know from the old script game that they will be recruited in Cities when the Full Plate Event occurs around year 1380 - 1410.
    However, I am on turn 581, year 1420 of Abbasid campaign already.... too long to see my favorite unit...... T.T

Quote Originally Posted by minhnd6789 View Post
    Do we really need Baghdad to recruit Caliph's Guard?

My concern also is about the Tabardariyya. Dont know how/when to recruit them? As far as I know from the old script game that they will be recruited in Cities when the Full Plate Event occurs around year 1380 - 1410.
    However, I am on turn 581, year 1420 of Abbasid campaign already.... too long to see my favorite unit...... T.T
    Caliph's guard is recruitable everywhere in two highest levels of barracks in castles after the abbasid's rise. Regarding Tabardariyya there is a mistake indeed, I just checked export_descripton_buildings.txt file in /data folder. There is :

recruit_pool "Tabardariyya" 1 0.04 2 0 requires factions { abbasid, } and event_counter mamluks_rise 1

Should be:

recruit_pool "Tabardariyya" 1 0.04 2 0 requires factions { abbasid, } and event_counter abbasids_rise 1

minhnd6789 you can edit it in your file and Tabardariyya (it appears twice) should be available in your already started campaign. Thanks for reporting this ! Btw could you upload a save of your campaign ?

StaefanBatory's Avatar Civis

So my french campaign is broken. Permanent CTD appears on turn 131.
    Before that I had 7 ctd. 6/7 ctds was on my turn begining. (ctd during slave turn, but after load autosave my turn starts without any notifications). So maybe it is related with events or triggers with turn start condition. All cut logs are in .zip file.

Observed bugs:
    Trait, BattleCoward_Routed (IsGeneral condition is wrong here) ;
    Text, EMT_LITHUANIA_PRIEST_4 (no translated text) ;
    Text, event, "New leader lacks authority", visible "/n/n" chars ;
    Event, "A new Cathedral for Paris?" - spam ;
    Event, "Albigensian Heresy" - spam ;
    Event, "A general has joined the Crusade" - always 3 times appears when my general joining to crusade ;
    Unit card, Caballeros Hidalgos, slave (no unit card) ;
    Building, after upgrade city watch/wall spear militia no longer free upkeep ;

Observed problems:
    AI priests are dying out - around turn 100 catholic world has few cardinals. I think the problem is related with priest controller in descr_campaign_db.xml
    Battle - heavy infantry (not spearmen) strike to charging cavalry.

Other:
    Building Orphanage - (-1) to population growth. Illogical.
    Music - France, Poland - music from Brittannia - does not fit very well for these factions.
    Ancillaries, Notorious Berserker - image is not very well
    Pisa faction - too much aggressive I think
    AI often reject ransom

EDIT: last catched screen:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Seems related with:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Function-Call
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by StaefanBatory; August 08, 2022 at 02:20 PM.
    Life without Total War games isn't a life

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I also experience crash from your save. During or after the Georgian turn. Do you happen to have an older save?

thanks for reporting all the bugs, this helps us a lot!

Yes, I continue game from my old save (3 turn ago). I omit CTD by console_command:
    Steps:
    1) move_character "Parsman Bagrationi" 108, 133 (to my teritorry)
    2) auto_win attacker (defeat and execute army)
    3) By implementing force diplomacy script, fix my relations with Georgia.
    Solution by moving character to some island continued to generate an error, so I decided to vanquishe him permanently.

EDIT:
    I have more details. After I vanquishe named character from georgia I had another CTD. So I moved next named character from georgia to my territory and defeat him, and here we are again:
    https://imgur.com/g15Cbx0

EDIT 2:
    CTD occurs always after I defeat specific character:
    https://imgur.com/PlDWhhe
    Georgian named character from... HRE (comes from marriage). Maybe bug is related with family tree.
    Console_command which remove all traits:
    remove_trait "Kurt Groszschedel"
    Does nothing.
    EDIT 3:
    Bugged named_character had... another named character from HRE. After some turns second general separated from suspiscious gerogian general and return to the HRE:
    https://imgur.com/Sgn1m0o
    But CTD still occurs after "Kurt Groszschedel" was defeat in battle.
    Last edited by StaefanBatory; August 08, 2022 at 05:57 PM.

I found another bug in my english campaign, in Norwich (largue town) dont have maintaining upkeep for militias, the text is correct in their description but in the game is not effective (free upkeep for militias troops), maybe it is for change castle to cities in the different versions of the game
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I dont know if already it was reported but the change of names of settlements dont go... For example Egypt conquest Jerusalem and dont change the name (catholic name in crusades hands) for hierosilimiyya or something else
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I dont know if already it was reported but the change of names of settlements dont go... For example Egypt conquest Jerusalem and dont change the name (catholic name in crusades hands) for hierosilimiyya or something else
    Yep, we've spotted it in the checks and (I believe) Belo's corrected it for the next version.
    CS 80931: Event counter "jerusalem_christian" is also a declared counter. This indicates an unintentional mixup of syntax for event counters and declared counters. You should decide whether this should be a declared counter or an event counter.
    CS 80960: Event counter "jerusalem_pagan" is also a declared counter. This indicates an unintentional mixup of syntax for event counters and declared counters. You should decide whether this should be a declared counter or an event counter.
    Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I found another bug in my english campaign, in Norwich (largue town) dont have maintaining upkeep for militias, the text is correct in their description but in the game is not effective (free upkeep for militias troops), maybe it is for change castle to cities in the different versions of the game
    Perhaps that militia unit cannot be recruited in that castle - in such a case it doesn't have the free upkeep.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 09, 2022 at 03:46 PM.

Another repetable CTD.
    Conditions:
    Playing France, turn 170, CTD on HRE turn
    General "Captain Endres" pos x 341, y 100
    Scenario:
    1. general move to pos x 343, 107
    2. hide
    3. CTD

Workaround:
    move general by:
    move_character "Captain Endres" 106, 134 (same island where I placed georgian named character. BTW I'm waiting for his naturally death to check if CTD will occurs)

See attachment.

No new another CTDs.

Bugs:
    building, Notre Dame, Levels 3,4,5,6 have same name (maybe it is not a bug)
    building, Hunters, Can't retrain Hunters with 0 cost recruit unit (mercenary?)
    Event, Ostsiedlung, "/n" char in text
    Event, Enemy camp sacked, sometime twice
    models, Dismounted Sergeants At Arms, castille, models without textures
    models, Spearmen, castille, models without textures
    unit card, Caballeros Hidalgos, slave, no unit card
    unit card, Miles Pedites, slave, no unit card
    unit card, Dismounted Sergeants At Arms, castille, no unit card
    unit info, Dismounted Sergeants At Arms, castille, no UI image
    unit info, Spearmen, castille, no UI image

Suggestions:
    unit, Feudal Foot Knights, france, helmets colors... I think metal surface texture could be better than painted
    unit card, Feudal Foot Knights, Raised hand on the image, should be lighter, because black number of soldiers isn't visible
    Last edited by StaefanBatory; August 09, 2022 at 06:43 PM.

I get a fatal graphics error after any large siege battle, without fail. (Stone wall or higher for cities, fortresses/citadels for castles)

Is there any fix for that? I applied LAA and it helped to some extent. I used to get some crashes after field battles and smaller settlements, but those don't crash anymore. Just large cities.

It's making the game pretty much unplayable, so any advice would be wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Caliph's guard is recruitable everywhere in two highest levels of barracks in castles after the abbasid's rise. Regarding Tabardariyya there is a mistake indeed, I just checked export_descripton_buildings.txt file in /data folder. There is :

recruit_pool "Tabardariyya" 1 0.04 2 0 requires factions { abbasid, } and event_counter mamluks_rise 1

Should be:

recruit_pool "Tabardariyya" 1 0.04 2 0 requires factions { abbasid, } and event_counter abbasids_rise 1

minhnd6789 you can edit it in your file and Tabardariyya (it appears twice) should be available in your already started campaign. Thanks for reporting this ! Btw could you upload a save of your campaign ?
    Hello Macaras, many thank for your help. I now can recruit my Tabardariyya.

But there is one thing I would like to let you know.

1) recruit_pool "Tabardariyya" 1 0.04 2 0 requires factions { abbasid, } and event_counter abbasids_rise 1 ------> (With changing this, I notice I can only recruit Tabardariyya in Fortress only, cannot recuit in Citadel, that make me confused)

2) recruit_pool "Tabardariyya" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { abbasid, } and event_counter abbasids_rise 1 ------> (So I look again and changing this also, same as your explanation above, so now I can recruit Tabardariyya in Citadel also)

Anyway, you help me exactly, thank my friend. Here are my save game.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EH0...ew?usp=sharing
    I hope everyone has balance and interesting campaign.
    Thank for mods team !!!

1) recruit_pool "Tabardariyya" 1 0.04 2 0 requires factions { abbasid, } and event_counter abbasids_rise 1 ------> (With changing this, I notice I can only recruit Tabardariyya in Fortress only, cannot recuit in Citadel, that make me confused)

2) recruit_pool "Tabardariyya" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { abbasid, } and event_counter abbasids_rise 1 ------> (So I look again and changing this also, same as your explanation above, so now I can recruit Tabardariyya in Citadel also)
    Adjusting the recruitment in the upper levels of the buildings is still work-in-progress, so it's possible (I haven't checked). The not-adjusted units' recruitment is as it was in SSHIP 092, so it's possible some things are missing if the addition was decided to be made later / there're bug already in 092.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina of Catarina View Post
    I get a fatal graphics error after any large siege battle, without fail. (Stone wall or higher for cities, fortresses/citadels for castles)

Is there any fix for that? I applied LAA and it helped to some extent. I used to get some crashes after field battles and smaller settlements, but those don't crash anymore. Just large cities.

It's making the game pretty much unplayable, so any advice would be wonderful
    I'd rather guess that's a specific problem of the graphics of your computer (software or hardware), not the mod. My knowledge is very limited in this area, sorry.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 10, 2022 at 01:25 AM.

I'd rather guess that's a specific problem of the graphics of your computer (software or hardware), not the mod. My knowledge is very limited in this area, sorry.
    I also had similar problem likes Katrina of Catarina described, but only once. It might be related to descr_skeleton or .cas models.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Adjusting the recruitment in the upper levels of the buildings is still work-in-progress, so it's possible (I haven't checked). The not-adjusted units' recruitment is as it was in SSHIP 092, so it's possible some things are missing if the addition was decided to be made later / there're bug already in 092.
    I understand, friend. I will test again about this. Many thanks!

Anyway, you help me exactly, thank my friend. Here are my save game.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EH0...ew?usp=sharing
    I hope everyone has balance and interesting campaign.
    An impressive campaign, it seems. Very interesting to see how the economic situation evolve - and that Selanik (well, the script changing the name should work in the next version) is the richest city.

Continuing post about CTD generals and captains - bugged HRE captain turned into... named character. Weird. https://imgur.com/DXFpH0H
    There is something wrong with named characters, especially HRE characters. Perhaps we have to take a look at named characters from this faction (good direction to next campaign).
    And looks like bugged georgian named character (who was a german) died naturally. One CTD less...

I understand, friend. I will test again about this. Many thanks!
    I've had a closer look at your save and I admit it's of great value for me as I can discern many issues from the Late Era.
    A few questions:
    - how it has happened that there's a church in Cesarea?
    - why there's no Umayyad Mosque in Dimascus? Destroyed at some point?
    - why haven't you expanded to Egypt (to win the game you need Cairo)
    - why to keep 3 elderly generals in Korintos or 5 in Baku?
    - you seem to use only militias and generals?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 10, 2022 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've had a closer look at your save and I admit it's of great value for me as I can discern many issues from the Late Era.
    A few questions:
    - how it has happened that there's a church in Cesarea?
    - why there's no Umayyad Mosque in Dimascus? Destroyed at some point?
    - why haven't you expanded to Egypt (to win the game you need Cairo)
    - why to keep 3 elderly generals in Korintos or 5 in Baku?
    - you seem to use only militias and generals?
    Thank for your great comment, friend. I may explain your points as follow:

- how it has happened that there's a church in Cesarea? ----------> Honestly, I dont know, as far as I remember that Fortress was taken firstly by the Rum from the original rebels. Then I took it from the Rum and never lose it.

- why there's no Umayyad Mosque in Dimascus? Destroyed at some point? ----------> It could be like you said, because that City was taken from hand to hand between the Crusader states and Zengid, Egypt many times, and also suffered several Crusades calls, taken by Crusading European factions. I lost many times to conquer this City and hold it. The fact is that, every city and castle I take , I always choose to Eliminate option to avoid the rate of rebel and unrest, even holding for short time.

- why haven't you expanded to Egypt (to win the game you need Cairo) ----------> Indeed. But the main problem is that the very high rate of unrest of Egypt domain. those 4 Cities of Egypt were very hard to hold for a long time. especially Cairo. Also, Egypt had high number of maniac assassins killing my generals like sheeps. I have assassin fighting with them, too. But not enough for both time and resources. In fact, I tend to focus my army and generals for the Balkans which is my main expansion. That is one of my main reason to move my Capital to Konstantinopolis to auto produce more Generals.

- why to keep 3 elderly generals in Korintos or 5 in Baku? ----------> Some of the reasons I have just mentioned above. Korintos has high rate of unrest along with other cities/castles around the Balkans. and it is suffered many invasions from maritime powers such as Sicily, Venice, Pisa and even the beast Holy roman empire. Baku and Derbent around the Caspian Sea have same reason. I need good generals to hold of unrest and invasion from the Kipchak, Georgian and even the deadly Mongol.

- you seem to use only militias and generals? ----------> It was hell time up until late 13th century, my friend, wars were everywhere , I struggled to survive with many kind of troops, both professional and militias. I bought, fought and even disbanded time to time. But since the Plague event in 14th century and many factions destroys, and after many war battles, I dont know why but the campaign seems more peaceful. I have to disband professional troops for release the high upkeep. But I think now it is time to recruit again, especially my favorite Tabardariyyah to head the West ... LOL

That's all as I think about my personal campaign. I hope you have good time, too.
    P.S: English is not my mother language, so maybe I cannot use it properly for us to understand clearly, sorry about that, my friend.

I think I managed to fix the fatal graphics error issues by setting my launch settings on steam to directly launch the mod instead of using the .bat file, but now I have a very minor (Yet annoying) bug that popped up as a result.

The date counter above the minimap is invisible. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by StaefanBatory View Post
    Continuing post about CTD generals and captains - bugged HRE captain turned into... named character. Weird. https://imgur.com/DXFpH0H
    There is something wrong with named characters, especially HRE characters. Perhaps we have to take a look at named characters from this faction (good direction to next campaign).
    And looks like bugged georgian named character (who was a german) died naturally. One CTD less...
    Thanks for reporting! Could you update your log file, or a file from before and one from after the captain turns into a named character?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats