Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1035505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1491

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    You must know better. I don't dispute there are arguments against the form of the protest, but to think that that is what this is about is just not credible. 30K under 14's from a well known xenophobic country protesting an anti-racism ritual, not because of its anti-racism, but because the ritual has something to do with an American philosphy that has the word "Marxist" in it and their parents remember Communism from childhood ..... come on. It's laughable. Truly laughable.
    Nono, see, everything a US conservative doesn't like or understand is Marxism.

People with skin darker than one's own having civil rights? Marxism.

Trump not being made dictator for life? Marxism.

Mom saying one must get a job? Marxism.

Getting in trouble for threatening to shoot up the local school board for being "race traitors"? Marxism.

A woman saying "Get away from me you creep!"? Marxism.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Rant time. NOTE: I didn't read what you guys are arguing about before me.

There's another mass shooting in Maryland. 3 dead, 3 injured. Following another one in Oklahoma, with 3 dead last time I checked. A friend of mine that lives in Tulsa had parked in the parking lot of that hospital in Oklahoma about 1 1/2 hours before the mass shooting.

Americans, you should DO SOMETHING about those mass shootings!
    You don't have the monopoly of angry teens and psychos. With global news turning their attention to your mass shootings, again, our psychos here may decide to go for an elaborate suicide too. And I don't want to be shot to pieces by an angry teen in his quest for a blazing death and 15 minutes of infamy.
    Sorry alhoon, but according to the right your life is worth less than nothing compared to the profits of the gun manufacturers. It's likely they will soon try to flood guns into other nations, maybe your own, to increase mass shooting there as well and further increase their already record-breaking profits.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; June 09, 2022 at 08:12 PM.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    The accusation that racism is a non-sequitur is moot, as it is perfectly logical to connect booing an anti-racist gesture, with racism. Furthermore, the ability to extrapolate an explanation that is agreeable with your position, no matter how convoluted or dubious, is not a hallmark of critical thinking. In fact, side-by-side with intellectual laziness, it looks even worse.
    Only if one accepts the premise that the gesture is, in fact, a meaningful expression of "anti-racism" (itself a politically loaded term), rather than a form of self-serving moral posturing and/or a controversial front for varying political and commercial objectives (most notably Democratic Party electioneering).

That would make sense if your ire was directed at the ability and actions of these organization to monetize iconography and causes, rather than the iconography and causes itself.
    As above, everyone understands that the underlying appeal of these "causes" at an institutional level are political and commercial.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jan-6-...-first-hearing

Less than 20 minutes into the hearing, ranking Republican on the panel—Liz Cheney from Wyoming—revealed that, when then-President Donald Trump heard insurrectionists were calling to hang his vice president, Trump had an incredible reaction.
    “Maybe our supporters have the right idea,” Trump said, according to Cheney. “Mike Pence deserves it.”
    That was the message that Trump aides relayed to the Jan. 6 Committee, and it was just one of the incredible disclosures the panel made Thursday night during its first and historic hearing.
    There seems to be a pattern. Trump's lackeys and supporters are often thrust into bad situations by following his orders or through his actions, only to be met with contempt and disinterest in their problems from Trump when he has no further use for them. Like how he couldn't be bothered to pardon any of the 1/6 traitors.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    A woman saying "Get away from me you creep!"? Marxism.
    Nono, thats not Marxism thats already White Genocide, if a women from above their league reject them.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/10/u...6-hearing.html

“Ivanka Trump was not involved in looking at, or studying, Election results. She had long since checked out and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!)”.
    Classic malignant narcissism. Even his own children are not exempt from being attacked, and will be thrown away without a second thought should the choice be between them and his raging ego. I bet he's already had her disinherited.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

I am pretty sure you guess wrong. Trump honestly cares about his children. Back in 2016 in a debate, when a viewer asked Hillary and Trump to say something good about the other, even Hillary admitted that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJln...hannel=CBSNews

Man, I do love how Trump bites his lips when that question is revealed. He really doesn't want to say anything good about Hillary. And I love how Hillary sweats to find something good-ish to say about Trump and she ends up praising his children. It is not that she liked the question any more than he did, it's just that she is a better actor.

And speaking of that question, I believe this question should be in every and each presidential debate, and that you can't answer with the same thing you said in the previous one. I.e. if you have 3 debates you better come up with three different things you respect on the other candidate.
    Sure, Kamala Harris would tank that question bad, but generally speaking I believe it would help to keep divisions from opening too much.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-61813390

Authorities in Saudi Arabia have been seizing rainbow-coloured toys and children's clothing, which they claim encourage homosexuality, state TV says.

An Al-Ekhbariya report showed commerce ministry officials removing a range of items from shops in the capital Riyadh.

They included hair clips, pop-its, t-shirts, hats and pencil cases.

One official said the items "contradict the Islamic faith and public morals, and promote homosexual colours targeting the younger generation".

The commerce ministry tweeted separately that its teams were confiscating "products that contain symbols and signs calling for deviation and contradicting common sense".

Shops found to be selling them would face legal penalties, it added.

I'm guessing within a few years you could just switch out a few names, like Islamic to Republican and Saudi Arabia to Florida, and basically reprint the article without anyone seeing it as at all unusual.

There will be critical articles then?

Moderator Emeritus

https://www.yahoo.com/news/louisiana...065746619.html

I don't want to believe this, but if it turns out to be true, it will be one of the most horrific cases of injustice I have heard about. That Sheriff should be recalled, if the accusations are true.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Are you really surprised? It's the same mentality that has red states banning abortions with no exceptions for rape or incest or even ectopic pregnancies, and forcing women who have miscarriages to submit to a sexual assault examination by a squad of police. To them women are harlots and temptresses who have abortions for fun and if they get raped it's their own fault.

Moderator Emeritus

"To them women are harlots and temptresses who have abortions for fun and if they get raped it's their own fault."
    No, it isn't. I know many Republicans. They don't believe those things. A few very zealot ones do, not every Republican. Not even one in 10 republicans is as extreme. There are slight misogynists and moderate misogynists and extreme misogynists. And the majority of Republicans are not misogynists at all.

Moderator Emeritus

https://www.kwtx.com/2022/06/19/2-sh...q-san-antonio/

A family in Texas was having a BBQ. Someone drove by and shot them in yet another mass shooting.
    If the family was armed, they would have died just the same.

More guns is not the answer.

Praeses

SCOTUS forcing the state to support churches.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/06/c...gious-schools/

WTF?

In another bold move they have ruled in favour of the HMO Vampires against sick people in the dialysis test case.

https://healthpayerintelligence.com/...bursement-case

I'm used to the Democrats using the SC to push their barrows but what have the Republicans done? This is insane, separation of church and state is basic to the US as a Republic, and the intellectual dishonesty in the dialysis case is so egregious even a foreign layperson can smell how badly it stinks.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Moderator Emeritus

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...dmqOaK-N9lvoOg

ABOMINABLE!!!!

Sickening, abominable! I have no words. NO WORDS! People should go to jail for this. Not just the sicko that impregnated the girl. But the doctors that denied the procedure because it was... what? 3 days too late?!?

WHAT
    THE
    ####

Screw your laws! There should be some freaking empathy there! DO THE ####ing procedure even if it means losing your license.

Ah yes, killing babies. The empathetic thing to do.

A fetus is not a baby.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    A fetus is not a baby.
    What is it then? Is it a cat? Is it a hippo? Is it a frog? Because the term "Fetus" is Latin for "offspring" which according to Merriam Webster is:

1. the product of the reproductive processes of a person, animal, or plant :
    2. the immediate descendant of a person or animal : an individual born of a parent

And before you get hung up on the term "born," that is what happens when you let a pregnancy takes its natural course.

Now that you have established your fallacious and evil point of view regarding baby murder being justified, I will address this particular case: is there a medical reason to believe the mother's life is at risk due to this pregnancy at this time? I readily acknowledge there may be some serious concerns, and the life of the mother comes first. Secondly, if it is indeed "her body and her choice" then the mother's opinion should be paramount. Does she want to abort the pregnancy? Do we know her opinion?

Before the left uses this horrible and unfortunate example to brow beat the rest of the nation over their abortion policy of on demand abortions up until the moment of birth, let us at least contextualize it.

And before you get hung up on the term "born," that is what happens when you let a pregnancy takes its natural course.
    Thats not the natural course.

There is a high chance that the fetus never become a baby:

Miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a pregnancy before the 20th week. About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. But the actual number is likely higher because many miscarriages occur very early in pregnancy — before you might even know about a pregnancy.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354298

So fetus = baby wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    What is it then? Is it a cat? Is it a hippo? Is it a frog? Because the term "Fetus" is Latin for "offspring" which according to Merriam Webster is:

1. the product of the reproductive processes of a person, animal, or plant :
    2. the immediate descendant of a person or animal : an individual born of a parent

Now that you have established your fallacious and evil point of view regarding baby murder being justified, I will address this particular case: is there a medical reason to believe the mother's life is at risk due to this pregnancy at this time? I readily acknowledge there may be some serious concerns, and the life of the mother comes first. Secondly, if it is indeed "her body and her choice" then the mother's opinion should be paramount. Does she want to abort the pregnancy? Do we know her opinion?

Before the left uses this horrible and unfortunate example to brow beat the rest of the nation over their abortion policy of on demand abortions up until the moment of birth, let us at least contextualize it.
    Yikes. It's not a good sign when you jump to a different language to keep a narrative alive. A fetus is a fetus which describes the term between 8 weeks up to live birth. A baby is a baby which describes a human being from birth to 4th year of age. It's not exactly a hard classification to keep in mind. Hence, I'm quite OK with termination of a fetus. That you try to conflate terms in English to make hysterical arguments merely shows me that what you're trying to argue here does not survive by its own.

Just like with any other important life decisions, medical decisions of the 10 year old is up to the parents. We don't ask what a kid thinks about practically any decision. Why question about this?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Thats not the natural course.

There is a high chance that the fetus never become a baby:

Miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a pregnancy before the 20th week. About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. But the actual number is likely higher because many miscarriages occur very early in pregnancy — before you might even know about a pregnancy.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354298

So fetus = baby wrong.
    Thank you for your admission that 80%-90% of pregnancies will be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Yikes. It's not a good sign when you jump to a different language to keep a narrative alive.
    so then why did you do it? Source for your assertion a baby isn't a baby?

A fetus is a fetus
    Haha? Hahahahahah

which describes the term between 8 weeks up to live birth.
    Source?

A baby is a baby which describes a human being from birth to 4th year of age.
    So we could execute a four year old because...whatever?

It's not exactly a hard classification to keep in mind. Hence, I'm quite OK with termination of a fetus.
    I know you are OK with murdering babies.

That you try to conflate terms in English to make hysterical arguments merely shows me that what you're trying to argue here does not survive by its own.
    Ah so you admit we aren't actually using other languages. Interesting.

Just like with any other important life decisions, medical decisions of the 10 year old is up to the parents. We don't ask what a kid thinks about practically any decision. Why question about this?
    So it isn't about autonomy of the woman at all, and parents can control the decisions of their minor children regarding abortion up to the age of 18. Got it. So all abortions should require parental consent if the woman is under the age of 18. You also ignored every single argument I made in my last post. I will just assume you concede I am right, which is the smartest move.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 02, 2022 at 02:16 PM.