Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biden to Sign Executive Action on Guns

Indefinitely Banned

Default Biden to Sign Executive Action on Guns

Deserves its own thread. Gun control is a joke in the US compared to other Western style democracies (and most countries period). To the degree that our guns are the choice for everyone from Mexican cartels to autocratic states to terrorists the world over. Part of the reason the US requires a militarized police force.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ns-gun-control

Snowflakes on all sides are going to freak out.
    Last edited by enoch; April 07, 2021 at 04:27 PM.

Default Re: Biden to Sign Executive Action on Guns

A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

​Emphasis added. Hope that clears things up for you. Don't like it? Revolt and set up your own Constitution, which will be really hard to do without guns.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

​Emphasis added. Hope that clears things up for you. Don't like it? Revolt and set up your own Constitution, which will be really hard to do without guns.

Grammar right. If we just taught it to the gun nuts they’d get it too. Surprised you still bolding for emphasis. Figured you would have started using ALLCAPS by now.

What's your argument? If you support militias we are absolutely on the same page.

I mean, I understand that you don't actually agree. I understand you're coming at this from the like, low information average CNN viewer who between sips of bargain brand chianti scoffs "hah, those silly far right racists and their guns, don't they know the second amendment is outdated?"

That is until you realize (1) historical context and (2) modern context.

Again, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. I guess you missed it the first time.

Indefinitely Banned

What's your argument? If you support militias we are absolutely on the same page.

I mean, I understand that you don't actually agree. I understand you're coming at this from the like, low information average CNN viewer who between sips of bargain brand chianti scoffs "hah, those silly far right racists and their guns, don't they know the second amendment is outdated?"

That is until you realize (1) historical context and (2) modern context.

Again, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. I guess you missed it the first time.
    I support a US state’s right to form a Militia. Big time state’s rights. From their right to enact gun control to their right to restrict abortion. States rights are the part of US government I value most.

It is my understanding the founders disagreed. Plus the whiskey rebellion, allowing Southern States to restrict black gun ownership (northern too just not codified).
    Last edited by enoch; April 07, 2021 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Better safe

I direct you to the 10th amendment. I further demonstrate that the 2nd and 10th amendments are separate. If you fail to appreciate these implications, I could spell it out - but I doubt it would help.

Indefinitely Banned

States Rights > Constitution for starters. (For me)
    The 2nd amendment interpretations go beyond our two. Case after case has upheld states and the fed have the right to restrict most anything even sometimes speech if the law is what we are arguing.

Anyway, doesn’t say anything about the right to sell, buy or own arms. If we are going to be sticklers. Keep the guns you got. Bear them where you like. The most it says even by your take.

Well, "for you" maybe, but this is again objectively wrong as you have naively oversimplified not only the very definition of the bill of rights, but the legal issues at hand related to government infringement of those rights. Going further, you have somehow wrongly implicated federalism as a factor in the limitation of the bill of rights which is exactly the opposite. The federal constitution is integrated to the states and indeed supersedes the states for reasons I could explain but in lieu of that will simply reference the supremacy clause. 2nd amendment interpretations don't go beyond basically the Heller decision, again something I assume you are ignorant of. Your general understanding of federal interpretations of state efforts to curtail the federal constitution are just laughably wrong, civil wars have been fought over such things and guess what, the federal constitution prevails. All this aside, I will reiterate: THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Despite your failed intellectual explanation to the contrary...

Indefinitely Banned

But not owned. Emphasis mine

I accept your semantic surrender.

Indefinitely Banned

Constitutional is rarely more nor less than semantics. Liberal elite and all owning us.

Don't like it? Revolt and set up your own Constitution, which will be really hard to do without guns.
    But why? Daddy Biden will do it anyway. Feels good, man.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

I'm skeptical he will be able to do anything because the right hates gun control even more than the thought of non-whites voting, and will fight it quite literally to the death. They declared the Sandy Hook shooting a false flag using crisis actors paid for by Clinton and Soros. They still harass the survivors of the Parkland shooting for daring to suggest guns were somehow at fault.

Back when Trump floated the idea of gun control they burned their MAGA hats and declared him a traitor. Yes it was for all of the five minutes before he walked it back, but that they'd even turn against him over guns shows just how central to their self-image gun ownership is.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    I support a US state’s right to form a Militia. Big time state’s rights. From their right to enact gun control to their right to restrict abortion. States rights are the part of US government I value most.
    Defeats the purpose. What if both the federal government goes tyrannical and the state government? Then there's no militia. It has to be the population overthrowing the government, not government overthrowing the government.

Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Defeats the purpose. What if both the federal government goes tyrannical and the state government? Then there's no militia. It has to be the population overthrowing the government, not government overthrowing the government.

Why are you guys so paranoid? "What if everyone goes tyrannical, OMG!!!1" and so on...
    Optio, Legio I Latina

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Why are you guys so paranoid? "What if everyone goes tyrannical, OMG!!!1" and so on...
    Why are you guys so paranoid? "What if everyone shoots someone, OMG!!!1" and so on...

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

We all know that is is really Xi Jinping issuing the orders here. Of course his first order of business will be to disarm the populace.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Why are you guys so paranoid? "What if everyone shoots someone, OMG!!!1" and so on...
    Oh, I'm totally pro-shooting.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post
    We all know that is is really Xi Jinping issuing the orders here. Of course his first order of business will be to disarm the populace.
    That would be pretty cool.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Revolutions are only for communists.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast