Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fight for Mediterranean: Turkey, Greece, France, Libya, Egypt ...

Default Re: The Fight for Mediterranean: Turkey, Greece, France, Libya, Egypt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Maybe not, but it is an international organization/union that does have members. And guess what, Cyprus is one such member. As such it is indeed the Greek interests it should look after, not the US ones, certainly not the Turkish ones, as neither states are members.
    What a Member that canīt feed himself but wants to be enforce his demands.

You know even the article that was quoted said Cyprus. Do you want me to show you the wikipedia page? It also says Cyprus. Just because Turkey invaded and illegally occupies the northern third of the island it doesn't mean it can also dictate what the state is called.
    You believe anything that is stated on wikipedia arenīt you? Turkeys actions was legal and there is no illegal occupation, when this was even possible then there would be no Peace, there would be still War in Cyprus. Just because you Greeks failed to annex Cyprus and calling it Cyprus to show it like a different Ethnic Group then anything else being Greek is more then delillusional. If we would argumenting like you here then there is Crete an Island which houses Cretans and not Greeks on his land area.

Oh and BTW I love the hissy fit about a cross, erected in Greek lands and inaugurated on a day celebrating the cross. When Turkey puts that monstrosity on the Kyrenia mountains, aka illegally occupied territory, for all to see... and inaugurates it on a Greek national holiday (28th Oct). So yeah, do tell me how it is Greece that is provoking Turkey again, delusional talk has never been more banal.

Itīs called Beşparmak Dağları and itīs the guarantee of Turkish Sovereignty.

Default Re: The Fight for Mediterranean: Turkey, Greece, France, Libya, Egypt ...

As someone who has his eyes on the news 24/7 I can easily say that it did not cause a storm in Turkey.
    No, it's just that Erdogan is going to complain to... Merkel (LOL) about that cross. And this guy speaks of "childish behaviour" when he talks about Greece.
    Either Erdogan doesn't have anything better to do with his life, or it DID actually cause a storm. And you will excuse me if I take what you and some others here say, with a grain of salt.

Which is not recognised by anyone except Turkey, and a couple more rogue states, perhaps.
    On our part, it's called a cross, and it's our right to exercise our religion. If you don't like it, well, too bad for you.
    Last edited by ioannis76; September 22, 2020 at 07:28 AM.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    a couple more rogue states, perhaps.
    You mean like Greece? perhaps you think more about your comments here which continuously lowering the level of this Topic.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    Still, a member. Which is evidently more than Turkey will ever be following that path.
    Also why the hell do you keep on going about Cyprus being unable to feed itself if not for its membership. Cyprus joined 15 years ago, was it in a state of constant famine before that?

You believe anything that is stated on wikipedia arenīt you? Turkeys actions was legal and there is no illegal occupation, when this was even possible then there would be no Peace, there would be still War in Cyprus. Just because you Greeks failed to annex Cyprus and calling it Cyprus to show it like a different Ethnic Group then anything else being Greek is more then delillusional. If we would argumenting like you here then there is Crete an Island which houses Cretans and not Greeks on his land area.
    While you believe anything stated by the nationalist douche organization of Turkey? The quoted article wasn't from wikipedia anyway, but it still said Cyprus. But yeah sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.

I see. So you prefer Pentadaktylos? Well I was going for the more standardized international name of the mountain(yes the one on wikipedia), but again whatever rocks your boat.
    Last edited by Alastor; September 22, 2020 at 07:59 AM.

No, it's just that Erdogan is going to complain to... Merkel (LOL) about that cross. And this guy speaks of "childish behaviour" when he talks about Greece.
    Either Erdogan doesn't have anything better to do with his life, or it DID actually cause a storm. And you will excuse me if I take what you and some others here say, with a grain of salt.
    Sure, he will raise the issue and he should. It's a childish provocation on the part of Greece. That, however, doesn't mean the news that most people never even heard of in Turkey caused a storm here.
    The Armenian Issue

Still, a member. Which is evidently more than Turkey will ever be following that path.
    Also why the hell do you keep on going about Cyprus being unable to feed itself if not for its membership. Cyprus joined 15 years ago, was it in a state of constant famine before that?

Does Turkey even need that? beside that was Cyprus even in a really suitable condition to join EU? it was moreover a strategic decision or a favour United Kingdom and some begging from Greece then anything else.

While you believe anything stated by the nationalist douche organization of Turkey? The quoted article wasn't from wikipedia anyway, but it still said Cyprus. But yeah sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Well we know how you Greece label anything that is related turkish/turkishness/turkey as nationalisting or even consider it as islamization - just bend the thing as you want it - do you think that is how it works?

I see. So you prefer Pentadaktylos? Well I was going for the more standardized international name of the mountain(yes the one on wikipedia), but again whatever rocks your boat.
    Ones again itīs Beşparmak Dağları... not something like a standardized international name of the mountain where you even again use wikipedia as Source.

Maybe stop to reply to my posts here before you going further to blame yourself.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Does Turkey even need that? beside that was Cyprus even in a really suitable condition to join EU? it was moreover a strategic decision or a favour United Kingdom and some begging from Greece then anything else.
    The way Turkey's economy is going, soon it will need every bit of help it can get. As for the rest, well they are in, you are out and that's that. So yeah, good on Cyprus to press the EU for sanctions. EU solidarity in deeds, not words.

Well we know how you Greece label anything that is related turkish/turkishness/turkey as nationalisting or even consider it as islamization - just bend the thing as you want it - do you think that is how it works?
    Bend? You are bragging about national elements such as turkishness and going all over this thread chanting "Turkey stronk" and then complain it is interpreted as a nationalist behaviour? Some degree of self-awareness wouldn't kill you. Regarding "islamization" you have Erdogan to blame for that, everyone considered Turkey the one secular majority-muslim state of the middle east, then Erdogan came along.

Ones again itīs Beşparmak Dağları... not something like a standardized international name of the mountain where you even again use wikipedia as Source.

Maybe stop to reply to my posts here before you going further to blame yourself.
    Yes, I use the English wikipedia as a source, it's definitely a better one than the nationalist douche organization of Turkey. Which source did you say you use again?

Maybe I should indeed stop replying to your posts. I could let you argue my point for me just fine. No need to add insult to the injury.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; September 24, 2020 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Disruptive.

The way Turkey's economy is going, soon it will need every bit of help it can get. As for the rest, well they are in, you are out and that's that. So yeah, good on Cyprus to press the EU for sanctions. EU solidarity in deeds, not words.
    You mean like Greece which is still in a more worst situation then Turkey ever will be? Yeah probably is Cyprus in EU but as you said Turkey isnīt it so why Turkey is then dependent on a decision which will be made in a Organisation which Turkey isnīt part of it? You mean Members of European Union can enforce on a criminal way demands on non-European Union Members?

Bend? You are bragging about national elements such as turkishness and going all over this thread chanting "Turkey stronk" and then complain it is interpreted as a nationalist behaviour? Some degree of self-awareness wouldn't kill you. Regarding "islamization" you have Erdogan to blame for that, everyone considered Turkey the one secular majority-muslim state of the middle east, then Erdogan came along.
    I never did something like chanting "Turkey stronk" but here we got folks like you who always appear when something is related to Turkey and is make bad publicity about it, who even open dozens of Threads in this Section and spamming it with nonsense of "Greece stronk" or "Byzantine soon" maybe you remind that.

Yes, I use the English wikipedia as a source, it's definitely a better one than the nationalist douche organization of Turkey. Which source did you say you use again?
    Iīm using sources like that everyone on this board would use which is not related to your narrow-mindedness. While iīm not even using sources from Turkey your folk is here copy-paste something which is just a twitter post in greek and spamming it here. You will not find here something from me or even from another user who as ties to Turkey with such a behaviour.

Maybe I should indeed stop replying to your posts. I could let you argue my point for me just fine. No need to add insult to the injury.
    We already saw which participants of which ethnic group already even not using User name of the post before but quoting it like they want it and presenting as their imagination tells them. Besides that i donīt need to reply any non-sense which cames from you when it is already to obviously a shoot on yourself in the foot.
    Last edited by chriscase; September 25, 2020 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Continuity

You mean like Greece? perhaps you think more about your comments here which continuously lowering the level of this Topic.
    Actually, Pompeo is visiting Greece (but not going to Turkey), which also has its meaning. That in itself sends a message (interview with Michael Rubin):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-gz...ture=emb_title

Again, article by Michael Rubin:
    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...y-leave-169083

The Incirlik base is becoming less and less important, as the US is choosing to beef up its presence in Souda, Jordan, and other areas in the eastern med.

Which member "can't feed itself"? I know a country that would already be bankrupt if it wasn't for the Quatari jihadists paying its debts, but it's not in the EU. I also know of a country that can't pay its own health bills, but again it's not in the EU.
    Last edited by ioannis76; September 25, 2020 at 07:58 AM.

Talks at NATO seems to have been fruitful to avoid an accident between Greece and Turkey.

Military de-confliction mechanism between Greece and Turkey established at NATO
    Following a series of technical meetings between the Military Representatives of Greece and Turkey at NATO Headquarters in Brussels, a bilateral military de-confliction mechanism was established on Thursday (1 October 2020). The mechanism is designed to reduce the risk of incidents and accidents in the Eastern Mediterranean. It includes the creation of a hotline between Greece and Turkey, to facilitate de-confliction at sea or in the air.

The technical military de-confliction talks, which began in early September, were initiated by NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg after high-level contacts with both Greece and Turkey. Mr. Stoltenberg said, “I welcome the establishment of a military de-confliction mechanism, achieved through the constructive engagement of Greece and Turkey, both valued NATO Allies. This safety mechanism can help to create the space for diplomatic efforts to address the underlying dispute and we stand ready to develop it further. I will remain in close contact with both Allies.”

Military de-confliction between Allies is a role NATO has played before. In the 1990’s, NATO helped establish a similar mechanism in the region, which was effective in helping to reduce tensions and provide the space for broader diplomatic talks.
    The Armenian Issue

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Talks at NATO seems to have been fruitful to avoid an accident between Greece and Turkey.

Military de-confliction mechanism between Greece and Turkey established at NATO
    That's a good development. I feel like idiot politicians (on all sides) get into pissing contests sometimes because their domestic situations are so bad they think a war will save them.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    That's a good development. I feel like idiot politicians (on all sides) get into pissing contests sometimes because their domestic situations are so bad they think a war will save them.
    Greece today again blackmailed NATO:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

https://www.hnhs.gr/en/online-2/navtex
    http://www.shodb.gov.tr/shodb_esas/i...navtex-station

Greece today again blackmailed NATO:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

https://www.hnhs.gr/en/online-2/navtex
    http://www.shodb.gov.tr/shodb_esas/i...navtex-station
    What has a NAVTEX got to do with NATO being blackmailed?

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-slams-t...124134199.html

The US is finally picking a side in this dispute. And it looks like Turkey continues to be isolated further.

USA never was impartial from day one. They never indicated to be. Nothing new here.
    The Armenian Issue

Yeah, they were pushing Turkey's interests for about a century.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

I wonder what Greece is planinng to talk after Turkey leaves "Greek EEZ" as it is declared in their statements(the crucial part), if Turkey acknowlodges it as Greek and leave, what's left there to talk? This is nothing but a puny trick.
    Last edited by Tureuki; October 14, 2020 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    I wonder what Greece is planinng to talk after Turkey leaves "Greek EEZ" as it is declared in their statements(the crucial part), if Turkey acknowlodges it as Greek and leave, what's left there to talk? This is nothing but a puny trick.
    If it is "disputed", what business does Turkey have, stating that they are going to drill in an area that isn't theirs?
    Which court decision, law or settlement made the area turkish? The law of the sea recognises full EEZ rights to all islands, therefore, if we go by the UNCLOS, the area is Greek. Turkey hasn't even signed the UNCLOS, so based on what do they lay their claim?

If it is "disputed", what business does Turkey have, stating that they are going to drill in an area that isn't theirs?
    Which court decision, law or settlement made the area turkish? The law of the sea recognises full EEZ rights to all islands, therefore, if we go by the UNCLOS, the area is Greek. Turkey hasn't even signed the UNCLOS, so based on what do they lay their claim?
    The same questions go for Greece. Are you willing to answer them from the Greek point of view?
    The Armenian Issue

Turkey is in the "disputed" area because of the stance of Greece, if it was possible to solve this right away through diplomatic talks, there wouldn't be a need for NAVTEX and Oruį Reis. I think at this point Turkey proved that its open to talk, and likely compromise on mutual claims by withdrawing Oruį Reis a few weeks ago, therefore acknowlodged the dispute and uncertainty, as well as the need to talk over it, yet Greece has no intention of compromising, leaving Turkey no choice. This is partially the fault of certain European countries that encourage Greece by giving it a false feeling of confidence.