Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 234863646566676869707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Update on that: I've played several sieges since then and have confirmed that the towers of the gatehouse work as intended and shoot ballista bolts at the enemy. It appears to be that only the towers on the far left and immediate right of the walls of Minas Tirith do not work. So long as the gatehouse is working I suppose things are fine. I've become content with it seeing how it's one of the easiest settlements to defend anyway.
    Thanks, that's good to know. Also explains why there are so many contradicting stories about them working, or not working.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔atthias♔ View Post
    the ship units card for lorien are just RTW peasant icons

just in case you are going to release a patch someday for the wolves/ents/spiders crashes can you include this?

I think I can fix them for you if needed
    Spiders, Ents, Wolves, maybe some day, but sadly not now. The fix with the bounding spheres in the end proved unsuccessful, after initial good results. That is common behaviour for this pesky bug though.

Anyway, I'm quite busy with other stuff here for quite some time to come, I expect.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 15, 2020 at 03:40 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Does anyone else have a broken river crossing at the mouths of the Anduin in 1.70? I installed the hot fix 1-5 patches but still that crossing won't work, forcing crossings by Pelargir. This totally breaks Harad's ability to invade Gondor and Harad has stacks upon stacks hanging out in the middle of their territory. Any idea on how to fix it?

Also, it seems like the good powers are just so much stronger in 1.7. Orcs of Misty Mountains do nothing and it seems like the Balrog isn't spawning. Harad gets stuck below the Anduin. Even Rhun and Gundabad both seem completely powerless against the Dwarves and Dale/Eriador. Maybe that's just because I started campaigns with Lorien and the Woodland Realm?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenKing View Post
    Does anyone else have a broken river crossing at the mouths of the Anduin in 1.70? I installed the hot fix 1-5 patches but still that crossing won't work, forcing crossings by Pelargir. This totally breaks Harad's ability to invade Gondor and Harad has stacks upon stacks hanging out in the middle of their territory. Any idea on how to fix it?
    Mouth of the Anduin is working as intended. Version 1.7 integrated more or less an entire dIRECTOR's Cut submod, including this change. As dIRECTOR himself explained, he wanted to make Pelargir more important for Gondor player and in lore those islands are impassable too. You can try to revert changes yourself by comparing map files between 1.62 and 1.7.
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenKing View Post
    Also, it seems like the good powers are just so much stronger in 1.7. Orcs of Misty Mountains do nothing and it seems like the Balrog isn't spawning. Harad gets stuck below the Anduin. Even Rhun and Gundabad both seem completely powerless against the Dwarves and Dale/Eriador. Maybe that's just because I started campaigns with Lorien and the Woodland Realm?
    Kind of. On the one hand, map is far more favorable to the good factions in 1.7. with less crossings, somewhat less spam and easier defensive positions, compared to 1.62. On another hand, eventually Mordor starts doing usual Mordor stuff and overwhelm everyone around. Also, I think that Lorien is overbuffed(or OotMM are too weak), as in my campaigns they usually take Moria around turn 20. Rhun is more or less fine, from my observations, and I never found Gundabad to be particulary strong anyway, even in 1.62. Western part of the map is too crowded with good factions for northern orcs to do anything useful.

Is there alternate download source for this mod other than what currently available preferably torrent? So far I had download 3x (three) times from all 3 download source given without success. The RAR's from ModDB are corrupt. The part 1 is asking for password, while part 2 has missing / unreadable files

Quote Originally Posted by alexsanjaya View Post
    Is there alternate download source for this mod other than what currently available preferably torrent? So far I had download 3x (three) times from all 3 download source given without success. The RAR's from ModDB are corrupt. The part 1 is asking for password, while part 2 has missing / unreadable files
    Welcome to TWC, alexsanjava

Sorry to see that you are having trouble downloading the mod. However, I checked all three options by actually downloading the whole mod and all went rather smoothly without questions for passwords, or corrupt files. At a fairly decent speed too, although I do have a rather snappy connection, which of course isn't the case for many people.
    So it looks to me that this is caused by something on your end.

I will not add a torrent as download option. Although nothing is of course 100 % sure, I am fairly confident that the three hosting options used for MOS 1.7 are reasonably secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Welcome to TWC, alexsanjava

Sorry to see that you are having trouble downloading the mod. However, I checked all three options by actually downloading the whole mod and all went rather smoothly without questions for passwords, or corrupt files. At a fairly decent speed too, although I do have a rather snappy connection, which of course isn't the case for many people.
    So it looks to me that this is caused by something on your end.

I will not add a torrent as download option. Although nothing is of course 100 % sure, I am fairly confident that the three hosting options used for MOS 1.7 are reasonably secure.
    When the host server happen to be in your immediate neighborhood along with rather direct routing than I doubt there will be any problem.

Since there isn't any torrent, I'm falling back to MOS 1.62 (as long it can be reliably downloaded) The only problem with MOS 1.62 is I need thedIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2 which i couldn't found the download link

BTW I've managed to download Third Age from ModDB (and other content larger in size from elsewhere) without any problem.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

When the host server happen to be in your immediate neighborhood along with rather direct routing than I doubt there will be any problem.

Since there isn't any torrent, I'm falling back to MOS 1.62 (as long it can be reliably downloaded) The only problem with MOS 1.62 is I need thedIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2 which i couldn't found the download link

BTW I've managed to download Third Age from ModDB (and other content larger in size from elsewhere) without any problem.
    try downloading MOS without doing anything else on the internet it often helps to prevent corrupted downloads
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by ♔atthias♔ View Post
    try downloading MOS without doing anything else on the internet it often helps to prevent corrupted downloads
    I've already playing MOS 1.62 now (it can be downloaded). There is no such thing as "not doing anything on the internet" when your device is connected to the internet. There is always Windows 10 background service doing whatever it is Microsoft want to do.

Anyway, does director cut and RC/RR already included in MOS 1.62?

Citizen

I've already playing MOS 1.62 now (it can be downloaded). There is no such thing as "not doing anything on the internet" when your device is connected to the internet. There is always Windows 10 background service doing whatever it is Microsoft want to do.

Anyway, does director cut and RC/RR already included in MOS 1.62?
    correct but I mean that leaving open only rhe tab for downloading MOS (in this case applies to others as well) in my experience helps with geting it to run

directors cut for sure is not included about RC/RR I do not know

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

is there a workround for the spider crush? its my first time playing mirkwood and its getting somewhat troublesome to avoid spider stacks.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by sarpedon21 View Post
    is there a workround for the spider crush? its my first time playing mirkwood and its getting somewhat troublesome to avoid spider stacks.
    a potential solution is being worked on in the last pages of the linked thread

a semi succcesful effort so far https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...wolves-crashes

thank you atthias. on a different matter, is it possible to stop lothlorien from taking kazad dum? i always try to rush it as dwarfes but fail to reach it in time. like manipulating their script to ignore it and go after other towns?

Alright, I've managed to download MOS 1.7 a week ago and currently playing Gondor for the third times (haven't finished any). Got some questions and comments regarding this mod albeit so far I merely playing as Gondor and maybe Noldor next so I might miss many aspects of the mod and game in general. I aologize beforehand IF my questions had been addressed somewhere within this HUGE thread or is part of M2TW game mechanic, because so far I haven't play any vanilla version of M2TW (I went straight to Third Age and MOS afterward). And my last intensive playing of any Total War games (and in this forum) was playing Europa Barbarorum over 15 years ago (already forgot my old login name in this forum)

Question ;

1. How do I make Aragorn as king (faction leader)? So far I had accepted "Aragorn offer" but his still just ordinary general just like others, and no Arwen Undómiel anywhere to be seen either.
    2. How do I improve diplomatic relation to the level where its needed to forge alliance without using forced diplomacy?
    3. How do I improve assassin skill?
    4. how does agent limit is calculated? What determine them?

Comment about the mod ;

• Minas Tirith outer wall were supposed to be near indestructible as the Orthanc for they were made from the same type of rock. And the outer wall is as dark / black coloured. Same thing goes for Minas Tirith and to an extend Minas Morgul gate. It require specialized battering ram (Grond) to break Minas Tirith gate
    • Many parts of any wall (any settlements) can't be use for troop placement.
    • Pelennor Fields supposed to have many farmsteads not barren empty

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

3. How do I improve assassin skill?
    4. how does agent limit is calculated? What determine them?

3. Through experience.
    4. I think it depends on the amount of cities that have the agent's building built.
    Comment about the mod ;

• Minas Tirith outer wall were supposed to be near indestructible as the Orthanc for they were made from the same type of rock. And the outer wall is as dark / black coloured. Same thing goes for Minas Tirith and to an extend Minas Morgul gate. It require specialized battering ram (Grond) to break Minas Tirith gate
    • Pelennor Fields supposed to have many farmsteads not barren empty
    The mod has followed movie aesthetics here.
    Many parts of any wall (any settlements) can't be use for troop placement.
    The creators of the settlements didn't make those walls accessible.

4) How do I improve assassin skill?

there is a guide for traits here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...es-Compilation

Semisalis

There are some parts to installation of MOS that are unclear to me since the steps described here differ from the downloads on the ModDB page, and if I google 'third age MOS' then the ModDB page comes up first. I don't know which to follow.

1. Are the parts 1 & 2 downloads here the same as those on moddb?
    2. Do I need 1-04 patch? I don't see a link for it in this thread anymore, just moddb. Do the MEGA & torrent parts 1 & 2 in this thread already have it applied?
    3. Where is the dwarf halberd animation fix that used to be in the download part of this thread? Is the halfling / dwarf weapon fix in the first post the same file?

Quote Originally Posted by Artannis Wolfrunner View Post
    There are some parts to installation of MOS that are unclear to me since the steps described here differ from the downloads on the ModDB page, and if I google 'third age MOS' then the ModDB page comes up first. I don't know which to follow.

1. Are the parts 1 & 2 downloads here the same as those on moddb?
    2. Do I need 1-04 patch? I don't see a link for it in this thread anymore, just moddb. Do the MEGA & torrent parts 1 & 2 in this thread already have it applied?
    3. Where is the dwarf halberd animation fix that used to be in the download part of this thread? Is the halfling / dwarf weapon fix in the first post the same file?
    The installer in this thread is the most recent one. I you have an original TATW install ready, you can download the two parts of the new installer and start with part one. All content from the 'all inclusive patch' witch you had to install separately, is now integrated in the installer, so when you are finished everything should be good to go.
    I still have to update the ModDB page. However, the install procedure that is currently on ModDB still works, it's only a bit more work.

Semisalis

Ok thank you, how about the dwarf weapon fix file? For years it was always a separate download from the all inclusive patch so that makes me think it wasn't in the all inclusive patch, despite the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Artannis Wolfrunner View Post
    Ok thank you, how about the dwarf weapon fix file? For years it was always a separate download from the all inclusive patch so that makes me think it wasn't in the all inclusive patch, despite the name.
    It is in the All inclusive patch final version.
    Gigantus included it in the new installer.

On Moddb you can still see it, until I finally get to update that too.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is the latest version (2016 April 13th) of the MOS 1.7 all inclusive patch. It includes all the content from the previous patches, fixes a few serious problems and adds a big settlement buildings update for Gondor. Only this patch has to be installed, after installing the main MOS 1.7 files. Further info can be found in the description paragraph.

The MOS 1.7 all inclusive patch fixes all kind of little and big bugs and adds some content to the game. This is the only patch that you have to install. Not doing so will result in several possible game breaking issues popping up during your MOS campaign. Also you will miss out on some added content.
    Highlights:

• A fix for the units getting stuck at the river crossing near Micelhold. Also a fort has been removed just to the North of Micelhold. Fix provided by twmatador
    • A fix for a battle map problem when an army is positioned on the bridge North of Woldberg, next to the fort. Fix provided by twmatador
    • Inclusion of the latest Gondor settlements by leo.civil.uefs. Update provided by Greymane.
    • A fix for the Silver Surfer appearance of the Dead of the Marshes unit. Fix provided by Greymane
    • A fix for the Dwarven Halberds animation bug which would cause crashes in battles.
    • A fix for the crash that happens when Cair Andros is besieged from the East.

The Patch is save compatible in the sense that it most likely will not crash an existing save. The "Cair Andros" fix will not work with a previously saved game though.

Have some trust when I state everything you need is included in the new installer. I made all the patches for MOS 1.7 (not the content itself) so I should know what is in it. The final 'All Inclusive Patch' has been around for about five years now.
    Last edited by Veteraan; August 03, 2020 at 05:10 PM.

Semisalis

Alright thank you, I installed just the two big files from the torrent in the second post and all is working correctly. How do you get the Rhun flamethrowers in campaign? I don't see them as recruits on any building.