Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

We haven't touched that file (descr_campaign_ai_db.xml) as far as I know.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

The map has some inaccessible areas that might spawn witches.

I feel sorry for Kievan Rus. They gathered all bishops in one place, but the heresy level is rising every turn.

I guess it's a minor inconvinience, since all witches will die of old age eventually. But it can take a long while, and you pretty much have to gather all your priests in one place until the witch dies.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Might have to write a small script that kills of witches and heretics on a regular base, similar to the 'sink the pirates' script'.

Thanks, Gigantus. But maybe it would be easier to edit the map itself, adding small "entrances" to those inaccessible areas? The map needs some editing anyway. The silver mine near Praha is unreachable.

Blog Entries

Noted for the mine. Thanks
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

138 turns in, my faction ruler lost the ability to grant offices. And he has High Official trait for some reason.

Which makes it very difficult to deal with general disloyalty. My previous office holders died of old age, while faction leader doesn't get the office anxilaries anymore (he needs Office Granter trait for that). Furthermore, he doesn't hold any offices, so I have no idea how did he get the High Official trait.

Had to gather all disloyal generals in the capital. They've been there for several years, yet all of them are still "feeling unwatched" or "works for himself", etc. The loyalty just doesn't go up.

Maybe it's related to the fact that my faction leader has Passive Ruler trait? If this is the case, disregard my report. Although one could use a bit more elaborate explanation in Passive Ruler trait description.

Hello, I play campaign for England, but my game fall when I reach 72 turn. Is it possible fix this problem?

I started play new campaign and game falled in first turn...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Can you confirm that you're using the last patch released last week?

I have an issue playing as the Roman Empire. My Basileus simply doesn't get rid of the Uncrowned trait, even though I've placed him in the capital for years and still nothing happens. Is this a known issue?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruthiel View Post
    I have an issue playing as the Roman Empire. My Basileus simply doesn't get rid of the Uncrowned trait, even though I've placed him in the capital for years and still nothing happens. Is this a known issue?
    These are requirements for the ERE crown:

and SettlementName Constantinople
    and SettlementBuildingExists = cathedral_o
    and FactionType byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Thessalonica = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Nicaea = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Arta = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Adrianople = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Smyrna = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Attaleia = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Sinop = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Trebizond = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Chandax = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Antioch = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Sis = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Konya = byzantium

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I vaguely remember there being a limit of conditions in EDCT and EDA. 16 could be too much (I am thinking 13 is the number), suggest to have a scripted monitor for the settlement conditions (don't forget a reset condition) and then use an event counter created by it in the trigger.
    What event is used for the trigger? CharacterEndedInSettlement?

Hey. It's me again.

The indy general defending Kolyvan (castle north of Lithuania) has no name.

I thought I was to blame, and this was caused by my mini-mod. Nope. Not the case. The screenshot above taken from 0.9.6 with JoC's latest patch.

But I didn't figure it out at first, and proceeded to fix the issue. The general is supposed to be named Kalev, as per strat file.

His name is listed in descr_names under "slave" faction. Adding his name ("Kalev") to "lithuania" faction solves the issue.

There might be other unnamed indy generals, so whoever is working on the next update should take a note.
    Last edited by Lurker from Codex; February 12, 2020 at 04:10 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    These are requirements for the ERE crown:

and SettlementName Constantinople
    and SettlementBuildingExists = cathedral_o
    and FactionType byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Thessalonica = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Nicaea = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Arta = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Adrianople = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Smyrna = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Attaleia = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Sinop = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Trebizond = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Chandax = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Antioch = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Sis = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Konya = byzantium
    Thanks mate, have a rep for your effort!
    I missed that I needed Antioch, it seems strange to me that Antioch, so remote a city (although important) to the Empire at the time would be considered "borderlands" when it's in the hands of crusaders and hasn't been in Byzantine hands for a while. Did I miss it also but where does it specify where the borderlands are? I thought I read through all the events when they popped up at the beginning of my campaign

Also, it worked, I took Antioch and my emperor was crowned as the Exarch of Byzantium instantly the next turn. Great! One question though: did it not say he needed to reside 1 turn inside the capital? He was the one who retook Antioch for the Empire and was thus very far removed from the capital when he was crowned.

While it's not unheard of that rulers are crowned outside the capital, it seems strange to me that the Emperor would be crowned in what I'd assume to be the basilica of Antioch and not the Hagia Sophia or the imperial palace in Konstantinoupolis.

regards,
    Aru
    Last edited by Vhaelor; February 12, 2020 at 10:32 AM.

@Lurker: I'll just change the name of the guy in Kolyvan to a Lithuanian name. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruthiel View Post
    it seems strange to me that Antioch, so remote a city (although important) to the Empire at the time would be considered "borderlands" when it's in the hands of crusaders and hasn't been in Byzantine hands for a while. Did I miss it also but where does it specify where the borderlands are? I thought I read through all the events when they popped up at the beginning of my campaign

Also, it worked, I took Antioch and my emperor was crowned as the Exarch of Byzantium instantly the next turn. Great! One question though: did it not say he needed to reside 1 turn inside the capital? He was the one who retook Antioch for the Empire and was thus very far removed from the capital when he was crowned.

While it's not unheard of that rulers are crowned outside the capital, it seems strange to me that the Emperor would be crowned in what I'd assume to be the basilica of Antioch and not the Hagia Sophia or the imperial palace in Konstantinoupolis.
    Well,
    1. this crown is not finished yet, just adjusted. it's stated in the changelog.
    2. for the info see the thread here. the link is in the patch changelog,
    3. it's strange you've got the crown in Antioch. one of the conditions is "and SettlementName Constantinople". This might be a bug needed attention.
    4. Antioch was the ultimate ambition of all Komnen emperors so it's understandable. but it may be not the case in the final version.
    5. I've actually resigned from the condition "whole turn spent in the settlement", and no just ending move there is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I vaguely remember there being a limit of conditions in EDCT and EDA. 16 could be too much (I am thinking 13 is the number), suggest to have a scripted monitor for the settlement conditions (don't forget a reset condition) and then use an event counter created by it in the trigger.
    What event is used for the trigger? CharacterEndedInSettlement?
    I also recall this discussion and I thought the conclusion was "no evident limit of 13". I think the amended crowns work somehow in the SSHIP, but I may be wrong - to be checked in the future.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 12, 2020 at 02:50 PM.

Quick question on bug reporting: if I'm playing an earlier version of the mod, should I report any issues I'm having? I assume the answer is no, as any reports might just confuse the development team, but I wanted to be sure...
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Quick question on bug reporting: if I'm playing an earlier version of the mod, should I report any issues I'm having? I assume the answer is no, as any reports might just confuse the development team, but I wanted to be sure...
    Kilo, given your reputation of writing AARs, it'd be great if you'd write something (maybe more analytical than poetic ;-) about the experience with the SSHIP :-)

Which earlier version do you play?
    Reporting any issues, even from the past, won't hurt anything. Just state it clearly which version do you play.

Kilo, given your reputation of writing AARs, it'd be great if you'd write something (maybe more analytical than poetic ;-) about the experience with the SSHIP :-)
    Thanks JoC, and I'd be happy to write up some findings when I'm further along in my current campaign. I remember playing a Georgia campaign a while back, and finding it wicked difficult, but now I'm doing Venice. Needless to say, the Italians provide enough intrigue and interesting events to merit me writing an AAR (though one that is more AAR-like than my current project ). I think my favorite bit in my campaign so far was a period of a few years where I assassinated each new pope as soon as he was elected, in reprisal for the Papal States excommunicating and then immediately attacking me. I felt like a Cromwell, but in a good way

Which earlier version do you play?
    Reporting any issues, even from the past, won't hurt anything. Just state it clearly which version do you play.
    I think I am on 0.9.2, and I am actually not yet certain whether or not there is a bug. There is a building I keep putting in my building queue, and then later I notice it's no longer there. I need to do some scrutinized testing though, to see if it is dropping out after a specific event, or after loading, or restarting the game, or whatever. All I know is that I've started the food distribution building in Rome at least three times now, and yet somehow I keep coming back to Rome later and seeing no building present, and it still available in my building options panel. Something odd is afoot, and I must investigate further!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I think I am on 0.9.2, and I am actually not yet certain whether or not there is a bug. There is a building I keep putting in my building queue, and then later I notice it's no longer there. I need to do some scrutinized testing though, to see if it is dropping out after a specific event, or after loading, or restarting the game, or whatever. All I know is that I've started the food distribution building in Rome at least three times now, and yet somehow I keep coming back to Rome later and seeing no building present, and it still available in my building options panel. Something odd is afoot, and I must investigate further!
    I noticed the same thing on version 0.9.5.
    Several times I asked for the construction of "Tourney fields" ... the next turn, it is as if the request was forgotten: the building was again in the list to build !
    Well ... by dint of insisting it still ended up being built.

I've had the same issue in Krakow in 092. I don't think this bug has been fixed in 096.

I can confirm the building dissapearing from the queue in 0.9.6. Namely, upgraded mines in Krakow and Food Administration in Polotsk. It's really annoying because these buildings cancel themselves after 3-4 turns of ongoing construction. So I have to pay again and start building from scratch. They were finished on 3rd or 4th try in my previous campaign.