Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{v2.2.1b}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Default Re: TECHNICAL ISSUE {{v2.2.1b}} In game issues READ OP FIRST

Guys, my IS 2.2.1b campaign is crashing on France's AI turn (137-140 turns). It doesn't get slow or anything, just a plain CTD in 1-2 seconds after their turn begins. I am playing as Portugal.

I have spent an hour trying different things - declaring war, buying their provinces etc., nothing worked. Any idea how to fix this?

EDIT: After hours of damn testing, it was an Iroquois army, any action performed or inflicted upon them outside the fog of warwould cause a crash. France was attacking them, thus making it crash. If I bought France's region (therefore removing their armies) the Iroquois raiding a farm would make the game crash.

Making peace with the Iroquois resolved the problem, giving out my nearby province (covering them in the fog of war) would also work.

Tested 15 turns deep and everything is fine.
    Last edited by iporto9393; June 06, 2019 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Solved

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post
    Guys, my IS 2.2.1b campaign is crashing on France's AI turn (137-140 turns). It doesn't get slow or anything, just a plain CTD in 1-2 seconds after their turn begins. I am playing as Portugal.

I have spent an hour trying different things - declaring war, buying their provinces etc., nothing worked. Any idea how to fix this?

EDIT: After hours of damn testing, it was an Iroquois army, any action performed or inflicted upon them outside the fog of warwould cause a crash. France was attacking them, thus making it crash. If I bought France's region (therefore removing their armies) the Iroquois raiding a farm would make the game crash.

Making peace with the Iroquois resolved the problem, giving out my nearby province (covering them in the fog of war) would also work.

Tested 15 turns deep and everything is fine.
    Great you got this fixed. But this sounds like a bug inherited from vanilla ETW and linked to game mechanics so there is sadly nothing we can do about it.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

DeftlyPlayed's Avatar Foederatus

I see threads for RofTR in game and RofTR installation issues and this one for IS in game issues. I do not see a thread specifically for IS installation issues which is what this post will be about. If I need to go elsewhere with this please, someone, show me where.

I've tried 3 times now to install IS and upon game launch it isn't there; just ETW Vanilla. I am following the instructions from the IS TWCenter forum; checking and confirming that the files and folders are where the install instructions say they should be.

I don't even know where to begin to explain what is going wrong because basically nothing is happening. That's the problem. I run the installer and install the patches and...nothing.

Ideas as to where to begin solving this?

Oh, one other thing. When running an installer I am used to the installer informing me where it will install the software. The IS installer does not do that. It wants me to tell it where to install. I think I am giving the installer the correct installation path to the correct folder as the install location but, just in case I am getting that wrong, will someone please write out and share here the installation path that I need to be entering in the installer?

Thank you.

Citizen

I would advise you to install the mod manually, it is explained here.
    I came to the team once the installer was already created so I can't say much about it, sorry.

Don't forget to vote for the 2018 Modding Awards!

DeftlyPlayed's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    I would advise you to install the mod manually, it is explained here.
    I came to the team once the installer was already created so I can't say much about it, sorry.

Don't forget to vote for the 2018 Modding Awards!
    I appreciate you responding but you need to consider the fact that not everyone has your level of experience and understanding with this stuff. I go to the link you provide and I don't understand what I am looking at and I don't understand what I am being told to do.

I need thorough, step by step instructions or an installer that...well, installs. Since it seems an adequate installer is out of the question how about better instructions? Can we try that? Please?

Please tell me specifically what file goes in what folder. File name and the path to the folder that it needs to go into.

Example: Place: Imperial Splendour 2_2 DB.pack - into folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data

This is just a example of the level of instruction I am asking for. The instructions given at the link you provide, I suppose, are obvious to you as to what they mean but, they are not to me. There is a lot left unsaid that you already know because you work in depth with this stuff but the rest of us don't have your level of expertise.

Citizen

Sorry for the inconvenience. I should have linked the 3rd post. I can not give you the exact names (I haven't got the old 2.2.1b files anymore) but it's sorted by the file-type anyway:

1. Move all ".pack" files into the \[...]\Empire Total War\data folder.

2. Move all ".esf" ".lua" and ".tga" files into the \[...]\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\imperial_splendour folder. If the "imperial_splendour" folder doesn't exist, create one.

3. Move the "user.empire_script.txt" file to the following folder: C:\Users"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\script. If you can't find the folder, it's in a hidden folder. You have to enable "show hidden folders" in your OS.

I hope this helps you in installing the manually.

Cool mod, just started it and seems pretty great improvement. I notive i cannot disband militia however (playing as USA). Is this a bug, or a feature???

Thank you.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca The Younger View Post
    Cool mod, just started it and seems pretty great improvement. I notive i cannot disband militia however (playing as USA). Is this a bug, or a feature???

Thank you.
    Welcome to TWC
    And it's a bug that will be fixed in the next update.

Hey, guys. I'm trying to adapt a Portuguese unit pack that has been around for while to IS 2.21b (and hopefully released it as a submod if permission is given). A common problem while including unit packs is the localization file with the unit names and whatnot.

While every unit of this mod I'm merging are included on the Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project Empire(UPC), some Imperial Splendour units aren't - mainly the custom British units, probably the French as well.

The IS units weren't updated on the UPC or is it something on my end?

Citizen

The IS units weren't updated into UPC, so that'S not a problem on your side. I check the patch_is_text.pack and from line 34975 to line 35128, from line 35226 to line 35236 and from line 36342 onwards is stuff from Imperial Splendour (the current .loc from RotR but as nothing was removed from 2.2.1b this should work too, if you haven't got the file downloaded I can send you a link).
    However, there can be other entries I'm not aware of (I wasn't part of the team at the time when 2.2.1b Ancien Regime was developed. I hope this helps and you will be able to adjust UPC (Swiss Halberdier might be glad to if someone updates UPC for Imperial Splendour, just ask him).
    I hope you'll be successful!

I finished the submod, however, "successful" would be an overstatement . I had a real hard time with the .loc, the Pack Manager is awful for this, there's no scrolling bar, no "find" function, I had find the values manually with the mouse wheel. Unfortunately, I took the IS .loc as base, otherwise it'd take a decade, sorry, man. I didn't even managed to find the units on the UPC, I did it from scratch. I'm only waiting for Geronimo's permission for post the submod.

What tool do you use?

Two units are with their names overlapped or something. Do you know what could this be?

As a side note, the Viceroy of India Guard looks cools as ice!
    Last edited by iporto9393; July 15, 2019 at 10:39 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post
    I finished the submod, however, "successful" would be an overstatement . I had a real hard time with the .loc, the Pack Manager is awful for this, there's no scrolling bar, no "find" function, I had find the values manually with the mouse wheel. Unfortunately, I took the IS .loc as base, otherwise it'd take a decade, sorry, man. I didn't even managed to find the units on the UPC, I did it from scratch. I'm only waiting for Geronimo's permission for post the submod.

What tool do you use?

Two units are with their names overlapped or something. Do you know what could this be?

As a side note, the Viceroy of India Guard looks cools as ice!
    I use RPFM. However, I would advise you to export the .loc as .tsv and then work on it with an editor such as Visual Code from Microsoft.
    That makes it a lot easier!
    And I never saw those units
    For the names overlapping can you send me a screenshot? I just need to see it in order to be able to see what might be the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I should have linked the 3rd post. I can not give you the exact names (I haven't got the old 2.2.1b files anymore) but it's sorted by the file-type anyway:

1. Move all ".pack" files into the \[...]\Empire Total War\data folder.

2. Move all ".esf" ".lua" and ".tga" files into the \[...]\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\imperial_splendour folder. If the "imperial_splendour" folder doesn't exist, create one.

3. Move the "user.empire_script.txt" file to the following folder: C:\Users"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\script. If you can't find the folder, it's in a hidden folder. You have to enable "show hidden folders" in your OS.

I hope this helps you in installing the manually.
    Is this to say the vanilla version doesn't exist? I followed these instructions and only got ROtR. I believe a lot of documentation/launcher leads one to believe Vanilla IS is possible but I think the reason the launcher simply doesn't work on the vanilla option is that the vanilla files don't exist to be drawn on. ROtR is the only version in the latest release.

Does that mean I have to go back to 2.2.1b if I wish to play vanilla IS? Will this also mean latest fixes and latest mod progress on content will also not be available for vanilla playthroughs given it's an older version? I ask because I'm not a fan of skipping to the late game which ROtR seems to be.

Many thanks.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    Is this to say the vanilla version doesn't exist? I followed these instructions and only got ROtR. I believe a lot of documentation/launcher leads one to believe Vanilla IS is possible but I think the reason the launcher simply doesn't work on the vanilla option is that the vanilla files don't exist to be drawn on. ROtR is the only version in the latest release.

Does that mean I have to go back to 2.2.1b if I wish to play vanilla IS? Will this also mean latest fixes and latest mod progress on content will also not be available for vanilla playthroughs given it's an older version? I ask because I'm not a fan of skipping to the late game which ROtR seems to be.

Many thanks.
    First, RotR isn't skipping to the late game, it offers a full campaign with 100 turns.
    And right no RotR and the Ancien Regime early campaign aren't compatible as to many changes were introduced with RotR. SO you can't patch up 2.2.1b with RotR. And we will start to work on the early campaign again, when we finished RotR.

First, RotR isn't skipping to the late game, it offers a full campaign with 100 turns.
    And right no RotR and the Ancien Regime early campaign aren't compatible as to many changes were introduced with RotR. SO you can't patch up 2.2.1b with RotR. And we will start to work on the early campaign again, when we finished RotR.
    Weeeell to be fair, it is skipping to what anyone would call the 'late game' where the techs are at the later stage giving you more advanced units - I'm sure the play time would be comparable but I wasn't commenting on that. I was just letting you know that the splash launcher is confusing and leads one to believe both versions get installed and that you can switch between.

But no probs, looking forward to seeing the vanilla IS reach 3.0.

I am having multiple artilley units of the same type as recruitable, when playing as Austria and Russia. There are like 6 mortars, and none of them has any name or picture. Are anyone else seeing this?

question. ive installed everything to the directions given. everything seems to work.
    the only problem is ....
    the front soldier fires. the rest just sit there. umm how can this be if i have all the techs researched? at least give me a full 3 rank massed volley (civil war style) or something.
    at this rate im taking huuuuge looses because i have to use the bayonet almost in every engagement.
    ive reinstalled it twice now. started fresh camps and still happens.
    thank you for your time

I have some questions, please.
    It shows only one faction playable, i.e., the United States, whereas when I click on the others, they are in fact playable.
    Is there a way to remediate that, please?

Also, is there a list of the different categories of soldiers available for the Prussians? The descriptions do not really tell anything specific, beyond one is elite another grenadier and another light. Or, in the cavalry one is horse guards, another light--although quite clearly hussars or jaeger zu pferde from the portraits.

At least two maybe more portraits are not aligned with the picture when I right click to see it in the left side top window that opens.
    For example, the portrait of the Prussian Bosniak lancer does not match the window picture of a heavy cavalryman (probably a cuirassier without cuirasse).
    Same with the portrait of a red jacketed hussar called a lancer and not matching with the cuirassier in the window picture.

Also I am using the IS 1.199 Beta. What is 2.21b?
    Thanking-you.
    Last edited by Lannes1; November 05, 2019 at 07:57 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    I have some questions, please.
    It shows only one faction playable, i.e., the United States, whereas when I click on the others, they are in fact playable.
    Is there a way to remediate that, please?

Also, is there a list of the different categories of soldiers available for the Prussians? The descriptions do not really tell anything specific, beyond one is elite another grenadier and another light. Or, in the cavalry one is horse guards, another light--although quite clearly hussars or jaeger zu pferde from the portraits.

At least two maybe more portraits are not aligned with the picture when I right click to see it in the left side top window that opens.
    For example, the portrait of the Prussian Bosniak lancer does not match the window picture of a heavy cavalryman (probably a cuirassier without cuirasse).
    Same with the portrait of a red jacketed hussar called a lancer and not matching with the cuirassier in the window picture.

Also I am using the IS 1.199 Beta. What is 2.21b?
    Thanking-you.
    2.2.1b is the campaign with the starting year 1700.
    All reworked factions will have descriptions in the future in the selection screen.
    And yes, we did not create pics of all units for the info screens. Those will be added later but they have no priority as creating new units is far more important.
    And here is a list of the Prussian units:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Preußen Unit Rooster.pdf 
Views:	12 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	359948

The US recruitment doesn't seem to work right. I don't have rise of the republic or anything but I was playiing the US through the road to independence episode and I can't make anything in my tier 3-5 barracks in the city

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast