Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: - Report Bugs & Errors -

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Default Re: - Report Bugs & Errors -

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Yes mate, there's no guarantees, it's just a suggestion, it doesn't always seem to work for everyone or every mod but it has worked for many people I have suggested it to.
    I'm thankful for any advice! Best wishes and good luck with #indref2
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Ok, tried to massively scale down graphics setting and unit size, give the exe more than 4GB RAM etc. Now the battles start, but as soon as the armies clash or I zoom in on the units it CTD.

I scaled back all the graphics settings, reduced unit size etc. - now the battles start, but as soon as the armies clash, or I zoom in - CTD. My PC is really not that weak...
    Last edited by Leonardo; November 03, 2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Posts merged.
    ~Alfred Adler

Antonius, I had the same problem as you, sadly it seems the steam version of the game does not work well with the mod. Had to install it in a non steam version of the game for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Antonius, I had the same problem as you, sadly it seems the steam version of the game does not work well with the mod. Had to install it in a non steam version of the game for it to work.
    I am hopeful someone figures out a solution... It would be a shame not to play this awesome mod...
    ~Alfred Adler

Antonius,

I have 0 problem playing with the Steam version.
    Hope yours will work!

Best regards,

FFJean

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think it could be the PREFERENCES.
    Have you changed somefhing?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Hi!

Unfortunately, I am unable to launch the campaign: it produces a ctd and states that it experiences an error in ibrr/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt at line 2401 column 12 because it cannot create the settlement at script line 2401.

What can I do to sort this out?

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    I think it could be the PREFERENCES.
    Have you changed somefhing?
    What preferences are you referring to? I didn't change any settings in Steam, if that is what you mean...
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Legionier View Post
    Hi!
    Unfortunately, I am unable to launch the campaign: it produces a ctd and states that it experiences an error in ibrr/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt at line 2401 column 12 because it cannot create the settlement at script line 2401.
    What can I do to sort this out?
    Hmm. What RTW version do you play (Gold Edition, Steam)?

What preferences are you referring to? I didn't change any settings in Steam, if that is what you mean...
    Did you change anything in the Preferences.txt file?
    Or did you change some in-game settings?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Gold edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Did you change anything in the Preferences.txt file?
    Or did you change some in-game settings?
    I have not changes any preferences.
    I am playing Steam, Gold Edition.

I have tried different graphics settings: Anything more than 6-7 units on each side - or if the unit size is set to anything larger than normal - I get CTD while loading the battle. I have tried reducing graphis settings to the minimum etc.

I really don't think it is the fault of my pc, as I play equally complex RTW or MTW mods without any issues.
    ~Alfred Adler

Dear all,

A few more things after having played with the Hephtalites. Again, please take my comments for what they try to be, positive. Please note that I am playing with the Steam version and managed to play both the campaign and campaign battles.
    - at the beginning of the game, there are only 2 generals for the Hephtalites, would be great if a few more could be provided;
    - even if I degrade the quality, the game still drags during battles;
    - as I said earlier, there's a problem with the growth rate of most cities, that is usually at more than 10% per turn. This has an additional impact, which is revolting cities that are happening like every 20 turns for most cities;
    - diplomacy seems very difficult. I am playing M-M, as I like to play along a strategy based on development, and even when I have forced the Persians to only one city, they refused peace. That looks very odd to me.

Apart from these problems that appear as bugs to me, I think that there is a problem with 0-turn recruitment, very cheap units. First, If I compare these very cheap units to elite units, I am better off recruiting tons of them than ruining elite units, both in terms of recruitment and maintenance cost and in terms of quality, as 12 cheap units (20 dinarii per turn) are better than 1 normal 250 dinarii per turn unit. I would frankly expect the contrary (that cost efficiency grows as quality grows, otherwise, everybody will use the low quality units). Secondly, it means that I have to fight an incredible number of stacks, all composed of the same cheap low quality units (for Persians, Eastern archers and Spearmen), which may be boring in the mid term. And third problem, obvious when playing RTW-BI, is that it unnaturally depletes cities. I would thus suggest, if you want to keep those 0-turn recruitment units, to review their costs up, and maybe, to have the option for the player to choose between 0-turn requirement or 1-turn requirement at the beginning of the game.

I have encountered one last problem that made me stop playing for now (but I am too interested not to start again probably this week-end, this mod is just to great to let go ;-)): many of my saves are corrupted. So even if the mod rarely crashes, when it does, I have to load a save from some turns ago, and I have to fight again all these battles against 0-turn recruitment units that are not the greatest to fight.

I hope this will be useful to you, and again, thank you very much for this great mod,

FFJean

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    I have not changes any preferences.
    I am playing Steam, Gold Edition.

I have tried different graphics settings: Anything more than 6-7 units on each side - or if the unit size is set to anything larger than normal - I get CTD while loading the battle. I have tried reducing graphis settings to the minimum etc.

I really don't think it is the fault of my pc, as I play equally complex RTW or MTW mods without any issues.
    Any idea about this?
    I really, really need to play this
    ~Alfred Adler

Is it intended that every single faction be at war with every single faction, with a tiny handful of exceptions? I see it's scripted that way in descr_strat, but is it... supposed to be that way? Even the WRE and ERE start at war.

I have noticed only now the bug thread. From now I will post bug reports here.

New Bug report
    - It’s one of the first things I have noticed, but I have preferred to investigate it a bit, to write a better report. Some Ephthalites units literally disappear when you zoom out in battle map. In particular, I’m totally sure I have seen this bug about the spearmen of this faction (I was playing against them), but of course I can’t exclude that it can happen also with some units of other factions. As I have said, I have investigate this bug a little bit: I have found a mod that it has the same problem (RNJ mod) and the modder explain the thing in this way:
    “it's a problem with the unit detail. If it is set to anything less than very high, some sprites don't show up properly and become invisible when zoomed out. but without sprites, the lag is unbearable.”
    In case anyone asked, about RNJ mod, a user has reworked the bugged sprites making a fix officially accepted by the modder (but not present in the last official patch).

When I fight battle against Langdobards, I have a crash (I play the Gallo Romans). The problem seems to be related with asavaran lancers.

When I fight battle against Langdobards, I have a crash (I play the Gallo Romans). The problem seems to be related with asavaran lancers. This is the error message I have:
    "Generic Error:

Failed to find texture
    'ibrr/data/models_unit/textures/Gaiiten_unit_datoyan_asavaran_lancer_D.tif "

Could you tell me, which units you did have in your amry, please.

Have you tried to save before enter the battle and if the game crashes, then to start again?

I am playing as WRE, trying to btfo the Ghots from raiding Rome. I have managed to stack wipe 3 armies, and when I tried initiating any sort of battle against them the game CTD. I have read trough this thread and tried deleting map.rwm but nothing happened.Did my save get corrupted ? That would be sad as I have had like 20 battles on it . It first started happening when I wanted to do battle where both me and the AI have 2 armies reinforcing one another. Steam version of the game and I haven't changed any of the settings, no scripts activated, and no error message . Also loading a previous save and trying to do battle also results in a crash, so i wonder what could it be.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Any idea about this?
    I really, really need to play this
    Where is Steam installed, I mean in what path e.g C:\Program Files(x86) is the default path - UAC?

If Steam is installed in that path above then move Steam outside of UAC or install RTW outside of Steam. I know that's possible since I've had that for a long time and that is working.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7710-TDLC-0426

Also, try to verify game cache in Steam and doing that often help.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast