Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Discussion

Default Re: {DIK} Discussion

Brilliant Aneirin, just brilliant.

How do we get these new changes, is there a patch somewhere?
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Sure, no problems. Will post it here.
    Cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Brilliant Aneirin, just brilliant.

How do we get these new changes, is there a patch somewhere?
    Currently nowhere, since I haven't released any updates.
    As things stand now I am slowly progressing and adding all missing events, stuff like that.
    I also had a look a the unfinished Condotta Script.

Can't tell, when something will be released, but I surely will keep you posted
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Great stuff, man, keep it coming! Indeed a pleasant surprise.

Und wenn du noch irgendeine Lösung findest für den Tod des Borgia- Papstes wäre das grandios Genua ist mir letztens auch weggestorben, weil sie keine Familienmitglieder mehr hatten. Bei den Papststaaten müsste doch eigentlich auch Cesare als Fraktionsführer nachfolgen? Also irgendwie scheint der Fehler beim Erbprozess zu liegen...vielleicht findest du ja was!
    Otherwise I will just need to play as the Papal States myself I guess haha
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Great stuff, man, keep it coming! Indeed a pleasant surprise.

Und wenn du noch irgendeine Lösung findest für den Tod des Borgia- Papstes wäre das grandios Genua ist mir letztens auch weggestorben, weil sie keine Familienmitglieder mehr hatten. Bei den Papststaaten müsste doch eigentlich auch Cesare als Fraktionsführer nachfolgen? Also irgendwie scheint der Fehler beim Erbprozess zu liegen...vielleicht findest du ja was!
    Otherwise I will just need to play as the Papal States myself I guess haha
    Cheers Mausolos!
    Well, a couple of weeks ago I visited Italy and got the bug again

As for your question, yes, I have altered the family tree so the next Pope would Pius.
    Though it is a common problem for factions, which don't have a family tree.
    Totally, you should! Stripping the Lord of Bologna and Urbino of their estates with Cesare Borgia

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

I am so endlessly happy to see that Aneirin is back and continuing work on this mod!!! DIK Ultimate is epic, but small things just make it unfinished...
    So excited!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    I am so endlessly happy to see that Aneirin is back and continuing work on this mod!!! DIK Ultimate is epic, but small things just make it unfinished...
    So excited!
    Cheers Antonius

Well, here is the updated changelog, which I have already done so far:
    - added four new traits: Condotta - Condottiere, Former Condottiere, Experienced Condottiere, Very Experienced Condottiere
    - changed Bolognese diplomat to: 'Filippo Balduino'
    - changed hidden resource of Mirandola Province -> north_italy
    - changed age of Agostino Adorno to 52
    - altered the priest, heretic, witch conversion to a minimum
    - added missing diplomacy speech for Spain, Turks
    - added missing merchant_clerk ancillary icon
    - made port building queue available for the newly added minor factions
    - adjusted Swabian League & Ferrara AI profile
    - added missing Printing Press/House building description
    - added plague events to Ragusa
    - added missing title of Incisa
    - added new title for Tabarka
    - adjusted faction standings of Ragusa and Kingdom of Naples (in a positive way)
    - added earthquakes to Bologna
    - adjusted the heir title script, to a less buggy state
    - added Ragusan Diplomat Traits
    - added events for Ragusa: Kharaj, Jews of Portugal, No ship is save, The English Clothings, Trade with the Egyptians, Plot of Ston, A letter too far
    - added two missing names for Ragusa
    - added events for Bologna: Tasse degli Ebrei, A fine hat for the son, A brittle balance, Cesare Borgia, This will be my ruin, A meeting at Magione, A divine rule
    - added events for Ferrara: A brittle balance
    - added events for Mantua: A brittle balance
    - added events for Urbino: Cesare Borgia, A meeting at Magione
    - added events for Siena: A meeting at Magione,
    - added events for Papal States: A meeting at Magione, A divine rule
    - added events for Genoa: Banco di San Giorgio
    - added traits for Bologna: Member of the Società d'arti (Notai - lawyers, Cambiatori - Bankers, Drappieri - Cloth Merchants)
    - added the Condotta-Script for Manuta, Ferrara, Montferrat, Bologna and Urbino
    - map changes: added ford from Incesia to Saluzzo, added two mountain passages to the Ligurian Coast near Mondovi, added a mounatian passage from Saluzzo to Susa, added a ford between Bari und Salerno, added a mountain passage from Urbino to Camerino, added the Island of Tabarka

I guess, I'll make a preview about the condotta-script, though it seems there is still a bug somewhere.

Best Aneirin
    Last edited by Aneirin; September 01, 2019 at 06:14 AM.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

A few questions if I may:
    Currently, when your state reaches a certain size you recieve quite a harsh penalty in terms of reduced revenues...will that stay like that?
    When you conquer tuscany as a foreign power, you only have acces to a small selection of local units. Will that change?
    For Genoa there were some unit-cards missing... will they be added?

Thanks!!!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    A few questions if I may:
    Currently, when your state reaches a certain size you recieve quite a harsh penalty in terms of reduced revenues...will that stay like that?
    When you conquer tuscany as a foreign power, you only have acces to a small selection of local units. Will that change?
    For Genoa there were some unit-cards missing... will they be added?

Thanks!!!
    Sure!
    As for the penalty, I guess you referring to the event called 'Claims from Creditors!', this event was implemented to cause the player in the late game some difficulties. You see, most of the time in the later gameplay you have a pile of money. So the purpose is just to reduce that and add some spice to the later gameplay.

Referring to the lack of units conquering Tuscany e.g., that is caused by the AOR feature which was implemented. By small selection of units, do you wish there were more troops available?

Totally, all missing unit cards have been added already.

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Cheers Antonius

Well, here is the updated changelog, which I have already done so far:
    - added four new traits: Condotta - Condottiere, Former Condottiere, Experienced Condottiere, Very Experienced Condottiere
    - changed Bolognese diplomat to: 'Filippo Balduino'
    - changed hidden resource of Mirandola Province -> north_italy
    - changed age of Agostino Adorno to 52
    - altered the priest, heretic, witch conversion to a minimum
    - added missing diplomacy speech for Spain, Turks
    - added missing merchant_clerk ancillary icon
    - made port building queue available for the newly added minor factions
    - adjusted Swabian League & Ferrara AI profile
    - added missing Printing Press/House building description
    - added plague events to Ragusa
    - added missing title of Incisa
    - added new title for Tabarka
    - adjusted faction standings of Ragusa and Kingdom of Naples (in a positive way)
    - added earthquakes to Bologna
    - adjusted the heir title script, to a less buggy state
    - added Ragusan Diplomat Traits
    - added events for Ragusa: Kharaj, Jews of Portugal, No ship is save, The English Clothings, Trade with the Egyptians, Plot of Ston, A letter too far
    - added two missing names for Ragusa
    - added events for Bologna: Tasse degli Ebrei, A fine hat for the son, A brittle balance, Cesare Borgia, This will be my ruin, A meeting at Magione, A divine rule
    - added events for Ferrara: A brittle balance
    - added events for Mantua: A brittle balance
    - added events for Urbino: Cesare Borgia, A meeting at Magione
    - added events for Siena: A meeting at Magione,
    - added events for Papal States: A meeting at Magione, A divine rule
    - added events for Genoa: Banco di San Giorgio
    - added traits for Bologna: Member of the Società d'arti (Notai - lawyers, Cambiatori - Bankers, Drappieri - Cloth Merchants)
    - added the Condotta-Script for Manuta, Ferrara, Montferrat, Bologna and Urbino
    - map changes: added ford from Incesia to Saluzzo, added two mountain passages to the Ligurian Coast near Mondovi, added a mounatian passage from Saluzzo to Susa, added a ford between Bari und Salerno, added a mountain passage from Urbino to Camerino, added the Island of Tabarka

I guess, I'll make a preview about the condotta-script, though it seems there is still a bug somewhere.

Best Aneirin
    BEAUTIFUL!

Current Hotseat:

You should check out the latest preview about the finally added condotta-script
    Last edited by Aneirin; September 05, 2019 at 06:24 AM.

You should check out the latest preview about for the finally added condotta-script
    I got to say the depth in this mod is outstanding.
    Hats off!

Current Hotseat:

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    I got to say the depth in this mod is outstanding.
    Hats off!
    Our goal was to immerse the player into the Italian Renaissance and construct the events, scripts and gameplay as he would be a Renaissance lord in that time.
    Thanks's for your praise

I am currently working on the events of Genoa and Ferrara. There will be some very interesting events. Attempted assassinations, rebellions and tragedies

It is a very interesting event! Congrats for that, I'm sure that it took a long time of coding and testing to get it done!

Thank's mate!
    Well, it did take some time, though I have already implement a similar script, which offers condottiere troops to certain factions. It was therefore basically reversing that script and adding new events to adjust it. Also I have been thinking about this script for quite some time, because it is one of the major features in Ultimate for the newly added minor factions. Thank's to that script they come really alive, in my point of view. Otherwise they would've been idle bystanders, and with this script they have a more active role. Also compensating the lack of income compared to the larger factions. Which was their real historical motivation to become a condottiere in the first place.

Thank's mate!
    Well, it did take some time, though I have already implement a similar script, which offers condottiere troops to certain factions. It was therefore basically reversing that script and adding new events to adjust it. Also I have been thinking about this script for quite some time, because it is one of the major features in Ultimate for the newly added minor factions. Thank's to that script they come really alive, in my point of view. Otherwise they would've been idle bystanders, and with this script they have a more active role. Also compensating the lack of income compared to the larger factions. Which was their real historical motivation to become a condottiere in the first place.
    Could you tell me a bit more about the script for minor factions? I have been searching for a long time about ways to put in EBII scripts to make factions that don't exist "alive" so that the player can interact with them somehow. So I would like to know more about the event.

As a gift from a fellow modder I can share with your team a thing of my creation, a script that allows actual coastal raiding by ships (it triggers when your ships blockades an enemy port and also when an enemy ship blockades your port).

Sure! It consists of three major event components. The first part is about keeping track of the diplomatic relations between the factions. For instance, France declares war on Sicily and France is allied to Ferrara and Montferrat, those two factions will get an event 'request for service'. The second part is about keeping track of the action. Basically, has the character been moved, assaulting cities and enemy armies, all that stuff. For these actions the player receives points. In case his points reach zero the contract is revoked. One last minor part is handling the payments for the active condotta. Which contains several random counters, which generate different outcomes like, payments are in arrears or how favorable the condotta contract will be for the player. I am a huge fan of random counters, you see. In case you'd like to make a deep dive into the script, I can provide you the code.

There are several other scripts I have implemented. For instance the independent Lordships and Republics script. Means for instance, as the King of Naples, if you secure the independence (the settlement stays under the control of the rebel faction) of the city of Gaeta your trade income will be much higher, that taking control of the city yourself. Another example would be on the Balkan. As the Ottoman Empire seizes one settlement after the other the Hungarians will receive offers by the now landless people and lords. Accepting their service will add new units to their unit roster. One last example, in case of Bologna you receive a yearly tax from all the Jews allowing their moneylender business', the more Jewish quarters are in your territory the larger your income will be. Of course there are also some downsides

Oh that script would fit perfectly for the Hafsid Caliphate!!! Thank you so much

Sure! It consists of three major event components. The first part is about keeping track of the diplomatic relations between the factions. For instance, France declares war on Sicily and France is allied to Ferrara and Montferrat, those two factions will get an event 'request for service'. The second part is about keeping track of the action. Basically, has the character been moved, assaulting cities and enemy armies, all that stuff. For these actions the player receives points. In case his points reach zero the contract is revoked. One last minor part is handling the payments for the active condotta. Which contains several random counters, which generate different outcomes like, payments are in arrears or how favorable the condotta contract will be for the player. I am a huge fan of random counters, you see. In case you'd like to make a deep dive into the script, I can provide you the code.

There are several other scripts I have implemented. For instance the independent Lordships and Republics script. Means for instance, as the King of Naples, if you secure the independence (the settlement stays under the control of the rebel faction) of the city of Gaeta your trade income will be much higher, that taking control of the city yourself. Another example would be on the Balkan. As the Ottoman Empire seizes one settlement after the other the Hungarians will receive offers by the now landless people and lords. Accepting their service will add new units to their unit roster. One last example, in case of Bologna you receive a yearly tax from all the Jews allowing their moneylender business', the more Jewish quarters are in your territory the larger your income will be. Of course there are also some downsides

Oh that script would fit perfectly for the Hafsid Caliphate!!! Thank you so much
    Impressive. I'm already thinking about the possibilities, like allowing the Celtiberians to fight Carthage for Rome or the other way around, very good indeed.

Means for instance, as the King of Naples, if you secure the independence (the settlement stays under the control of the rebel faction) of the city of Gaeta your trade income will be much higher, that taking control of the city yourself.

So if a faction tries to attack the settlement you would try to defend it? I'm assuming that you have a monitor that gives money while the settlement belongs to the rebel faction.

You welcome, we should help each other I will send the code to you by pm, there are also other events that I created that you may fancy, like the siege events. Events that appear when you are besieging a settlement or the enemy is besieging one of your settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Impressive. I'm already thinking about the possibilities, like allowing the Celtiberians to fight Carthage for Rome or the other way around, very good indeed.
    That would surely be interesting. I am not familiar with the faction stack you have in EBII, please for give me, but it might be interesting in case you have the Greek city states call for aid by the King of Epirus.

So if a faction tries to attack the settlement you would try to defend it? I'm assuming that you have a monitor that gives money while the settlement belongs to the rebel faction.
    Yes, that's it, though I did not increased the money, rather added increased trade income to the trade buildings and ports of the 'protector' faction. That would surely be another incentive for the player.

You welcome, we should help each other I will send the code to you by pm, there are also other events that I created that you may fancy, like the siege events. Events that appear when you are besieging a settlement or the enemy is besieging one of your settlements.
    Totally, feel free Sounds very interesting, what kind of events can occur? Like a plague or something?
    I'll send you the code as soon as I am back home.

That would surely be interesting. I am not familiar with the faction stack you have in EBII, please for give me, but it might be interesting in case you have the Greek city states call for aid by the King of Epirus.
    Don't worry, I am not familiar with your mod either x) It might also be a good idea, I will eventually read the code, think about it and later propose to the team.

So the increased trade income applies to all buildings? Is it a fix value or does it increase with the amount of building that you have? If it is, it might be a huge bonus. But the idea seems interesting.

About the siege events, the easiest thing to give with the console commands is money so that is what I give. There are multiple events that simulate plenty of things, like "The enemies raided our countryside" when it is the player that is being besieged (he loses money), "Raided the countryside" for when it is the player besieging, "Destroyed Siege Engines" when it is the player besieging", "Supplies raid", etc.

Basically you can put every story that you want in the code and give it a certain chance of it to happen either while you are besieging a settlement or the AI is besieging one of your settlements. And all of the things cost or give money. For example, a plague could be there too, and take money from you due to expenses in paying for new recruits, etc.

Sure, go ahead!
    No the bonus does not multiple if you have more buildings. Except you speak of the Jew taxes. That’s multiplied.

Ah okay, so basically I have a bunch of options here, great!
    As for the ‘pirate’ script, how does that work?