Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Campidoctor

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

What kind of stacks count were the Pritanoi holding the isle with? They have what looks like unlimited numbers in my game, I'm scared and excited at the prospect of someday invading.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    That Armenian-Persian Empire and the thicc Bactria are pretty hot.
    The Armenians have recently been in decline thanks to a Seleucid re-spawning and resurgence, but Bactria has been expanding rapidly and they've never been more powerful than they are right now. Then again, if you look at my previous maps I shared in March (turns 1-700, up to the beginning of the 1st century BC), you will see that for the majority of the game the Seleucids were the dominant superpower and I only overtook them in that status by the end of the 2nd century BC. They spiraled downwards and fizzled out in a very dramatic fashion after I took Greece, the Levant, and much of Anatolia from them. The Seleucids didn't live to see 80 BC, but their re-spawning in the 60s BC allowed them to undermine Hayasdan, which has been seemingly unable to stop them from clawing their way back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    What kind of stacks count were the Pritanoi holding the isle with? They have what looks like unlimited numbers in my game, I'm scared and excited at the prospect of someday invading.
    The Pritanoi were very scary when I first invaded in the British Isles around 71 BC. I had to destroy literally about 10 full stacks before feeling comfortable enough to even start besieging a city of theirs, the first one being Maidunon (even though most of the initial field battles took place around Durowernon, but I had to wait for my own reinforcements and replenishment after wearing down my original invasion force). It truly felt like I was being harried along the coasts like Julius Caesar when he invaded the British Isles in 55 BC.

I'm shocked and awed that Paleologos hasn't commented on my latest Roman SPQR campaign pictures yet. :disgusted:

WHERE IS PALEOLOGOS? WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS???!!!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

For crying out loud man!
    I repped you for your post #1821 on April 16, 2019 11:12 AM.
    Less than nine hours later you post your images.
    My repping power is not greater than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    For crying out loud man!
    I repped you for your post #1821 on April 16, 2019 11:12 AM.
    Less than nine hours later you post your images.
    My repping power is not greater than yours.
    You didn't even make a comment, though. I'm not satisfied! Never! Rabble, rabble!

I just want to hear your opinion about the campaign. I was prodding you to do something like that. I don't care too much about imaginary reputation.

It is indeed impressive to see your campaign Roma_Victrix, the max I ever went was around 300 turns in a campaign and you went to 900 turns. It's also good to know that players can go that long without experiencing any end game crash. I hope you keep having time and energy for this because with the new changes for the next version and the future 2.4 version, the game will change a lot, for the better of course, with new content in regard to units, traits, information, and hundreds of other things that will make a wonderful campaign experience for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    It is indeed impressive to see your campaign Roma_Victrix, the max I ever went was around 300 turns in a campaign and you went to 900 turns. It's also good to know that players can go that long without experiencing any end game crash. I hope you keep having time and energy for this because with the new changes for the next version and the future 2.4 version, the game will change a lot, for the better of course, with new content in regard to units, traits, information, and hundreds of other things that will make a wonderful campaign experience for players.
    Cool! I think next time around I'll play as Epeiros, since I never played a campaign with that faction before, or I might even do Carthage!

The funny thing, however, is that my Roman campaign is still interesting, in that the Sweboz/Suebi have just been kicked out of their lands and are now hording, invading my northeastern territories and laying siege to Sarmizegatusa in Dacia. I've already fought several field battles against them and my faction leader is now named Avlvs Germanicvs. He's also on his way back to Rome to celebrate a triumph! The game never ceases to keep you busy. By the way, I have over 120 provinces! It just took me a couple centuries to get there and conquer the Scottish lowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I just want to hear your opinion about the campaign.
    Let me know when you have taken every region.

Let me know when you have taken every region.
    You're just angry that I didn't take higher resolution screenshots.

When you take the rest of the world you can release the long version of them.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I've actually been wondering about the reason for the low resolution pictures.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Nice looking campaign report, looks interesting, particularly the invasion of Britain.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Roma Victrix, Roma_Victrix! I am somewhat less dedicated to my campaigns, but even though it still seems unlikely, I have gone surprisingly further towards my aim of fighting the eastern powers with Marian units than I thought I would have. In order to avoid crushing everyone before turn 500, I had ended up waging wars on different fronts, splitting up my characters and armies rather than focusing my efforts on crushing someone. This had worked surprisingly well thus far, as I in fact had managed to lose a few battles (to Carthage, no less!), and even cities to barbarians when I had let my guard down from their pathetic attempts to attack my gains with smaller armies, and they would deploy a much bigger army while mine wasn't able to arrive to help in time. Nevertheless, all defeats were rather quickly repaid in full. I feel somewhat sad to see Seleukids trashed yet again - somehow I see this much more often and never the terrible Gray Death in your image, although it is possible Ptolemaioi may wind up taking that mantle in it's stead. They, along with Koinon Hellenon even landed troops multiple times to try and take Syracuse for me, but were repelled immediately every time. It seems I will have to teach the Greeks a lesson.

On that note, I feel the most interesting thing about this campaign is how the conflict in Greece had unfolded, with little intervention from me. At first, Epirus had achieved dominance, claiming the ENTIRETY of Greece, and Skodra and Dalminion too. Then, without my interference, their fortunes suddenly turned, as they started losing ground to Koinon Hellenon while keeping most of Greece undefended, at which point I had become disappointed and struck them in the Epidamnos. It did not take for Koinon Hellenon to take advantage of this, and they secured the entirety of Greece and Makedonia, besides Epirus, but then...they made the mistake of attacking me. I am growing vastly more irritated with AI's naval invasions due to their tendency to actually always embark with proper attacking armies compared to marching pathetic stacks in one's territory as they usually do. Still, at least it provides for a nice challenge.

Also I built an Allied Government in Capsa, only to find out I could not upgrade it to Closely Allied, despite the province being a large camp. I don't think this is intended.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by nvm; May 03, 2019 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Nice looking campaign report, looks interesting, particularly the invasion of Britain.
    Thanks! I spent a great amount of time fighting the Pritanoi. However, after subjugating them as a client state and assimilating the British Isles, I actually marched some Pritanoi allied troops all the way from Britannia to Arabia and Ethiopia in my brief war against the Sabaeans. Pritanoi soldiers fighting in the name of Rome bore witness to the last great conquests of my 1000 turn Romani campaign: the cities of Dedan and Axum. Here they are fighting Saba:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saba siege 2614.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	248.9 KB 
ID:	358544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saba siege 2601.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	274.3 KB 
ID:	358545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saba 2613.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	358546

Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    Roma Victrix, Roma_Victrix! I am somewhat less dedicated to my campaigns, but even though it still seems unlikely, I have gone surprisingly further towards my aim of fighting the eastern powers with Marian units than I thought I would have.
    Very cool! You have a sizable Roman Republic there. However, I am somewhat surprised that you haven't moved into the Iberian peninsula at this point (198 BC), since the Romans already controlled large parts of Iberia after taking them from Carthage by the end of the Second Punic War (201 BC). That's definitely where you should expand next, that and southern Gaul, which also gradually fell under Roman control around the same time. Even before the Second Punic War, Greek city-states in southern Gaul like Massalia were already basically Roman client states.

On a similar note, here's the last update of my 1000 turn SPQR campaign, in which I expanded as far east as the plains of Nineveh in Assyria, but I largely left Hayasdan to their own devices. I regret that a bit now, because the sneaky annoying underhanded game waits until literally turn 999 for the Armenians to boot my Scythian allies from their last territory, forcing them to horde and migrate around the Pontic Steppe. Like, really? You're going to wait until the LAST MINUTE of my campaign to do that, you obnoxious f-ing game?

At least the campaign map doesn't look as ugly as it did at turns 800 and 900, as you can see in my previous posts. The rival superpowers of the map have clearly emerged, finally, but one of them, the Baktrioi, are my allies! Together we control the vast majority of the map.

Turn 950:

Turn 1000:

Scenes of a defensive siege where one of my Roman huge cities was attacked by the Lougiones in Dacia and a punitive offensive siege of the Lugian large city at Gorsissa in Central Europe, which I wound up holding all the way until the end of my campaign:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lougiones siege 2590.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	358550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lougiones offensive 2554.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	358547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lougiones siege 2588.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	358551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lougiones offensive 2567.jpg 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	358548Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lougiones siege 2592.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	358552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lougiones offensive 2558.jpg 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	358549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lougiones offensive 2551.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	358553

Your campaign is just like an old movie that I loved, incredible

Nice touch with those travelling pritanoi troops! It's nice to see that even after 1000 turns, you could go on to more conquest without any problem.
    About the trait that you get once your finances are over 100k, the emblezer trait or something like that, is it too punitive? Do many of your FMs get the trait?

Heh....did you intentionally leave every blue faction alone? Pontos does not count, they're more purple-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Your campaign is just like an old movie that I loved, incredible

Nice touch with those travelling pritanoi troops! It's nice to see that even after 1000 turns, you could go on to more conquest without any problem.
    About the trait that you get once your finances are over 100k, the emblezer trait or something like that, is it too punitive? Do many of your FMs get the trait?
    Yeah, about half of them have that stupid trait, unfortunately! However, I consider it too dangerous to let the money situation get out of hand or less than 100,000 mnai with an empire of this size. Going bankrupt means you can't immediately recruit troops where you desperately need them, or client rulers where allied settlements need better public order, or to quickly build better infrastructure for improving public order.

In that same token, I've had to put down multiple major rebellions due to low public order in some areas, when there just aren't enough quality governors with good traits/ancillaries to keep a lid on things. It's such a relief to get a family member who has an orator, historian, carnifex, fasces/lictor, elder senator or pontifex priest ancillary, but it's usually a disappointment when they develop bad traits like Embezzler, Indulgens and Glutton over a period of several years as governor. You really have to babysit and supervise them at all times to make sure the taxes are set right and that public games are held if things are getting out of hand and the populace is discontent or worse, rioting.

Also yes, it is fun to use regional auxiliaries in exotic, distant regions, all under the banner of Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Heh....did you intentionally leave every blue faction alone? Pontos does not count, they're more purple-ish.
    Heh! You're right! The only non-blue factions left on the map are the Saka in Central Asia and the Sabaeans in Arabia. The Pritanoi have been reduced to one settlement in Northern Ireland, though, and the Scythians, who look beige/orange on the campaign map, only got booted from their territory at the last minute in turn 999, as I explained above. I was hoping for the Parthians to become the eastern superpower, but that never materialized and the Armenians filled the Seleucid void instead. Well, them and the Baktrioi, even though the Greco-Bactrian kingdom should be long gone by 23 BC.

Nice new eye-candy, guys, I am hoping to see someone conquering all the regions.

Campidoctor

Nice new eye-candy, guys, I am hoping to see someone conquering all the regions.
    I wonder if anyone has ever done so... I'm over two irl years into a campaign, 700 or so turns, and the world is split east and west between me (Makedonia) and my Greek allies, Pergamon. I can't imagine slogging through a war with them to take over a whole other half of the map after all this.

Maybe it's because I've been enjoying warring against different cultures and units and it wouldn't be as much fun fighting similar ones? Or just the sheer amount of time and effort it would take... Also I guess because I don't autoresolve battles and play them often at super slow speeds so everything takes forever.

Hell, if anyone has literally conquered the whole map in EB2, I'd like to see that myself!