Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

btw, in my Makedonia campaign the metriopotes line of traits is out of control, almost all my family members suffer from this and this is my question :

How do you control this?.

Playing as the Gyppos now - a lot of my FMs are intolerant of other religions.

Pontic reforms...is it just my game, or is the battle requirement way too much? Not difficult, but I booted Pergamon, which became quite a powerhouse, from game, own entire Asia Minor up to Tarsos, Mazaka, Ani-Kamah and Trapezous, in the west I own Histrie, Byzantion and Kabyle, plus Rhodos, and I'm not getting the reforms yet. Also, I thought there's a backup that fires if you own western Asia Minor and Seleucids get booted out of it, but it doesn't seem to fire in my game...it might be related to how I got some provinces...I actually bought Tarsos and Ipsos (fair and square, no forced diplomacy) and took Ankyra from rebels after my spy/sabotage bombing booted Seleucids out.

BTW, it's turn 180 already. I was hoping to get reforms before Thorakitai reforms...

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Pontic reforms...is it just my game, or is the battle requirement way too much? Not difficult, but I booted Pergamon, which became quite a powerhouse, from game, own entire Asia Minor up to Tarsos, Mazaka, Ani-Kamah and Trapezous, in the west I own Histrie, Byzantion and Kabyle, plus Rhodos, and I'm not getting the reforms yet. Also, I thought there's a backup that fires if you own western Asia Minor and Seleucids get booted out of it, but it doesn't seem to fire in my game...it might be related to how I got some provinces...I actually bought Tarsos and Ipsos (fair and square, no forced diplomacy) and took Ankyra from rebels after my spy/sabotage bombing booted Seleucids out.

BTW, it's turn 180 already. I was hoping to get reforms before Thorakitai reforms...
    You are also required to conquer the lands of the Bosporian Kingdom, so basically the two settlements of Chersonesos and Pantikapaion
    Last edited by Tactics Mayers; January 03, 2019 at 09:28 PM.

I pretty much conquered Crimea and the coastal cities in northern anatolia and then I wrestled with the ptolemaioi for the control of Cyprus and fortunately they had a good amount of generals with few units and an army and when I eliminated them, then the reforms kicked in.

Now I have almost all of Anatolia in control and after the Late hellenistic reforms, I can recruit Bosporitai Logades AND Thorakitai Epilektoi along with some Anatolian and Galatian elites and other units as well.

It isn't that hard to get them since you're surrounded by many Hellenic states.

I've started a Pontic campaign, and I can't decide between governments...four choices, and I have no idea which one should I pick for my first conquered provinces, Trapezous and Nikaia, since I have no idea which will hinder building in any way...
    The Strategos ton Philon gives better infrastructure and upgrade options, but the Symmachia will give you a better native pool to recruit from. Which is more important in your game, good troop options, or developing those settlements? The reform may be a long way off, so the better upgrade options of the Strategos ton Philon may not matter for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    I have just recently captured Mazaka and i can not attack sieging rebel stack, with anything. Will they just starve me?
    I don't know, the Rebel CAI doesn't behave the same as that of the regular factions, they may lose interest and wander off, or they might keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Isn't that just an R2TW thing, if you mean pre-paying for queued buildings after the one already being built? I did that all the time in EB1 but I think the M2 engine doesn't charge for them until they are up for building, hence the Queues Stalled warning and red background.
    I thought the next building still took funds, even if you can't do the RTW thing of filling the construction queue?

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    That's one thing I miss about the Forced Diplomacy being in a separate file. You could edit that file to also set whatever counters etc needed to be set and it would be a save compatible way to inject script-only command changes into the game if fixes were needed for this or that.
    True, although using any secondary script increases the possibility that the game fails to switch back to the campaign_script when needed, since only one script can run at any one time. That's why we moved everything out of the background_script and battle_script.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyak View Post
    Some observations/questions:

1. Whenever I have a FM in a sieging army, the number of build points for siege equipment goes significantly down compared to having a sieging army without a FM. At first I thought this was due to some bad trait or something, but it seems that all my FM seem to cause that to happen (both in my Pontos and my Epeiros campaigns).

2. Has the CAI become a bit too easy to bully around? In my Pontos campaign I just started an assault on Tarsus and took it by surprise from the AS, with an elaborate plan to then survive the expected AS onslaught. Instead, they sent a diplomat to ask for peace (fair enough) and happily handed over Ipsos to get it, even though their forces greatly outnumbered mine in the wider region.
    1. That shouldn't be the case, the default number of build points for a Captain should be less than that for a named character.

2. The AI switches around between two different states, one of which is more amenable. If you catch them in their peace-seeking mode, they will behave different to when they're in their aggressive mode.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    btw, in my Makedonia campaign the metriopotes line of traits is out of control, almost all my family members suffer from this and this is my question :

How do you control this?.
    You can't, short of removing the trait with the console, it appears to have a problematic trigger:

Code:
    Trigger Becomes_Metriopotes_from_no_Drink
      WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition AgentType = family
            and FactionType f_makedonia
            and Trait Drink < 1
            and Trait Sobriety < 1
            and Trait MakedonianOinostyges < 1

Affects MakedonianOinostyges  1  Chance  100
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Playing as the Gyppos now - a lot of my FMs are intolerant of other religions.
    What trait do they have?

You just have to win 10 battles, not including naval ones. The only requirement to satisfy it is that you can't auto-resolve them.

The backup is turn-based (on turn 360); the decline of the Seleukids has nothing to do with the Pontic reform, that's for Hayastan/Baktrian independence.

Is it just me or the previous potential heir systems is better than the current one?

Once my faction heir died, I expected that the experienced general that I've given PS ancillary would be the heir. Instead, the 19 year old general with no experience is now my heir.

Then again, my faction heir was the Pontic General with a Hyoeraspistai unit (Both my previous FL and FH died when a Galatian Stack besieged Amesia).

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Is it just me or the previous potential heir systems is better than the current one?

Once my faction heir died, I expected that the experienced general that I've given PS ancillary would be the heir. Instead, the 19 year old general with no experience is now my heir.

Then again, my faction heir was the Pontic General with a Hyoeraspistai unit (Both my previous FL and FH died when a Galatian Stack besieged Amesia).
    Something we're going to have to fix with a patch soon for all the recently discovered bugs. The problem is that the old "backup" system is still there, which interferes with the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The Strategos ton Philon gives better infrastructure and upgrade options, but the Symmachia will give you a better native pool to recruit from. Which is more important in your game, good troop options, or developing those settlements? The reform may be a long way off, so the better upgrade options of the Strategos ton Philon may not matter for a while.

I thought the next building still took funds, even if you can't do the RTW thing of filling the construction queue?
    I see. The remaining two are subpar then? I ended up building Strategos Ton Philon everywhere, with my very solid economy I can simply spam the Ambaktoi Kington and Aswar i Kuveshvandan. Along with some phalangitai, the various Thracian units I get from mercenaries and some local pools, all I really need is artillery and Agema Phalangitai from reforms.

And yeah...buildings are paid for when the building actually starts building on the end of turn, so you can effectively pay for one building per turn per town, until every queue is full.

Not to my knowledge, and as a prosperous midgame Rome, I'm always looking for ways to hide money.

True, although using any secondary script increases the possibility that the game fails to switch back to the campaign_script when needed, since only one script can run at any one time. That's why we moved everything out of the background_script and battle_script.
    Ah, I didn't realize that was the case. Sounds like it was worth it, then.

Because i don't like searching for something really difficult to find, can someone please tell me, how am i supposed to attack that scripted rebel stack besieging Mazaka? If i let him, he will starve me out and i can not attack him( my cursor don't allow me do that). You know, i already lost 3 FMs to seleukid assassins, then 2 in rebeling cities, and i don't have many more to spare, so? But imo it is pretty bad mechanic.

I see. The remaining two are subpar then? I ended up building Strategos Ton Philon everywhere, with my very solid economy I can simply spam the Ambaktoi Kington and Aswar i Kuveshvandan. Along with some phalangitai, the various Thracian units I get from mercenaries and some local pools, all I really need is artillery and Agema Phalangitai from reforms.

And yeah...buildings are paid for when the building actually starts building on the end of turn, so you can effectively pay for one building per turn per town, until every queue is full.
    No, they're just more situationally useful. You get the worst infrastructure options with the Symmachia, and the other two aren't available in all the same places.

Because i don't like searching for something really difficult to find, can someone please tell me, how am i supposed to attack that scripted rebel stack besieging Mazaka? If i let him, he will starve me out and i can not attack him( my cursor don't allow me do that). You know, i already lost 3 FMs to seleukid assassins, then 2 in rebeling cities, and i don't have many more to spare, so? But imo it is pretty bad mechanic.
    Sorry, I have no idea what you're asking. What faction are you playing?

Sorry, I have no idea what you're asking. What faction are you playing?

Hello Quintus. I am playing Haystan. Have conquered Mazaka and few turns later Rebel half stack appeared and laid siege. Rebels built some siege equipment, so i thought they will attack eventually, but no. And as i said above, i am not allowed to attack them, because my cursor is red cross when i hover it onto this particular rebels.

Hello Quintus. I am playing Haystan. Have conquered Mazaka and few turns later Rebel half stack appeared and laid siege. Rebels built some siege equipment, so i thought they will attack eventually, but no. And as i said above, i am not allowed to attack them, because my cursor is red cross when i hover it onto this particular rebels.
    Can you screenshot it?

So you accepted the mission, took the settlement, then installed a factional government? Is the stack on an inaccessible tile?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hay2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	398.9 KB 
ID:	356660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hay1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	374.7 KB 
ID:	356661
    Can you screenshot it?

So you accepted the mission, took the settlement, then installed a factional government? Is the stack on an inaccessible tile?
    I don't know anything about mission, i just took a city from AS, pursuing slowly conditions for reforms.

And it is 1 turn left, so if i click end turn, my garrison die....
    Last edited by Maroslav; January 04, 2019 at 11:24 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hay2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	398.9 KB 
ID:	356660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hay1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	374.7 KB 
ID:	356661

I don't know anything about mission, i just took a city from AS, pursuing slowly conditions for reforms.

And it is 1 turn left, so if i click end turn, my garrison die....
    When the Seleukids took it, you will have received a popup asking if you want to help the Kappadokians. If you said yes, you accepted the mission to liberate them. After saying yes, if you put a factional government (rather than Allied Government) in place, you get a revolt - which again comes with a message.

He's in the river, which is why you can't attack him. I'll move the spawn point, but there's nothing that can be done about it in your game. You'll have to use auto_win on the siege battle and autoresolve it.

Senator

Is it inteded that a lot of my Leukonides Faction members have the life on the move trait?They are the ruling dynasty of the Bosporan Kingdom but do they reallly qualify as a nomadic culture?
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

When the Seleukids took it, you will have received a popup asking if you want to help the Kappadokians. If you said yes, you accepted the mission to liberate them. After saying yes, if you put a factional government (rather than Allied Government) in place, you get a revolt - which again comes with a message.

He's in the river, which is why you can't attack him. I'll move the spawn point, but there's nothing that can be done about it in your game. You'll have to use auto_win on the siege battle and autoresolve it.
    So i just loose a city.... because there will be no battle, he will just starve me, as i saw already. move character also doesn't work. Ok whatever, just few elite troops and extra rare elephants ... I would have no problems defeat him manually even after those turns of starving, because of some lephants leftovers and full unit of dranig gund. those two would defeat themselve(dranik gund is broken)
    Last edited by Maroslav; January 04, 2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Is it inteded that a lot of my Leukonides Faction members have the life on the move trait?They are the ruling dynasty of the Bosporan Kingdom but do they reallly qualify as a nomadic culture?
    Are they Skythian or Sauromatian ethnicity?

So i just loose a city.... because there will be no battle, he will just starve me, as i saw already. move character also doesn't work. Ok whatever, just few elite troops and extra rare elephants ... I would have no problems defeat him manually even after those turns of starving, because of some lephants leftovers and full unit of dranig gund. those two would defeat themselve(dranik gund is broken)
    His data name is "VardanB", but I don't think you can move a sieging character.