Thread: The Trade Coalition (Goblin cartels) as a playable faction - we need help with the symbols/banners!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default The Trade Coalition (Goblin cartels) as a playable faction - we need help with the symbols/banners!

Hello all!

Me and Bantu Chieftain have decided to add the Trade Coalition (the Goblin Trade Empire - the Steamwheedle Cartel being the strongest) to the mod.

- I've already done the Expanded, the faction_descriptions and such.

- Bantu has finished riging enough Goblin units for them to have a minor army. He is also thinking of giving them additional units.

I need help with the banners, symbols etc - it is perfectly fine to use the Steamwheedle Cartel symbols and banners as they were the strongest of the Goblin Cartels.

I will try to find the old symbol from the old alpha, but in the end we would need the symbols to be similar to those of the other factions. If anyone here is willing to lend aid it would be very much appreciated.

- I've made them share culture and religion with the Horde. So we will most likely add a few Goblin portraits to the Horde culture. Unfortunately they can't have their own as we have reached the limit, and it does make sense to let them be Horde.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 12, 2018 at 11:17 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: The Trade Coalition (Goblin cartels) as a playable faction - we need help with the symbols/banners!

Long time no see, i hope you all are fine .
    It is great to know the new faction, do you still need a hand with faction symbols by any chance?
    I made a Steamwheedle Cartel one and two Bilgewater symbols:

Faction symbols.rar

Default Re: The Trade Coalition (Goblin cartels) as a playable faction - we need help with the symbols/banners!

I would have liked to help with the coat of arms too but i'm not very familiar with Texture files sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zerg93 View Post
    Long time no see, i hope you all are fine .
    It is great to know the new faction, do you still need a hand with faction symbols by any chance?
    I made a Steamwheedle Cartel one and two Bilgewater symbols:

Faction symbols.rar

Good job, but we can only use that one for one spot. We need pics in the same style as the ones in the mod. I mean, the shield need to be the same form. Otherwise they look out of place.

But it's great to see that you are still willing to help.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Which one of those do you prefer MrNygren? I can make it like the others that I did before.

Yeah sorry about that MrNygren, i just realized that i was working on vanilla shields...
    These ones should be better:

Faction symbols fixed.rar

Edit: Just saw Sulf's post, i think that he will definitely do a better job than me
    Last edited by Zerg93; November 25, 2018 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    Which one of those do you prefer MrNygren? I can make it like the others that I did before.
    Hello man, good to see that you are back - i thought you weren't entirely out due to your posting on two occassions over at MOD DB. The next version is scheduled for dec 1 but could be delayed one or two days. It won't be delayed more because the mod should have a fair chance in the voting on MOD DB. Usually it starts on decembre the first, and ends on dec 10 - in 2016 and 2017 i believe the Game of Thrones mod were either released the last day - or we didn't tell people to vote on it.

This time Warcraft will get a new release in the beginning of the voting, and we will say in the article following with the release that they should vote on it if they enjoy it.

About the symbols we have two factions planed - the Vrykuls/Mongols, and the Trade Coalition/Papal_States.

Farin Frostgeir has made Vrykul symbols, even though the faction might not make it in the release - and will be finished in a patch released in late decembre, possibly around christmas.

If you want those you could simply make them in-game files, or if you prefer feel free to create your own Vrykul symbols. He has kept true to the style of your shields though.

The Trade Coalition is currently using the outdated symbols from the old alpha, and it is ready as for it's roster in custom battles as a new faction - where the Vrykuls aren't their own faction yet. The Trade Coalition might not be playable in the campaign until the patch though - because it's a lot of work to add a faction to the campaign without it looking bad in quality compared to the others.

WarcraftHero said he would do names and such. There is therefore a slight possibility of the Trade Coalition being turned playable in the campaign before the release. I have their units in the campaign as rebels currently. They do fend off armies well, but in the end are conquered. This were tested before the latest units however.

I will show you the symbol Bantu Chieftain wanted the Trade Coalition to use. I'd believe it's the same as Zerg93's first one - but in higher resolution.

Choose the one the most suitable, and for the Vrykuls make your own if you don't think it's good enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SUBB6cV (1).png   axuQNbl.png   jQwAXHP.png   IMG_12112018_192610_0.jpg.png  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 25, 2018 at 05:32 PM.

- The Havamal

Yeah sorry about that MrNygren, i just realized that i was working on vanilla shields...
    These ones should be better:

Faction symbols fixed.rar

Edit: Just saw Sulf's post, i think that he will definitely do a better job than me
    Yes, these are more like it- but the resolution might be too low for certain spots in the in-game UI. Still - i would probably use the first one out of these three.

Sulfurion is free to help, as he made all the symbols and banners in the mod - but we also have a deadline of dec 1 to dec 3.

So i may use yours if he doesn't show any sign of actually doing something before that.

I've implemented the final units of the next update yesterday. Now it's simply the general of the Trade Coalition, the desr_strat rebels, possibly making the Trade Coalition playable and then lowering each unit one tier in the EDB - while removing the population growth after Bantu has been sent the version with it intact.

Then i would only need to create portraits, while also adding WarcraftHero's projectiles that he sent some time ago.

- The Havamal

For goblins, you can use a symbol from an old alpha by placing it in a shield.
    You also need to make a banners on the tactical map.

Quote Originally Posted by Farin Frostgeir View Post
    For goblins, you can use a symbol from an old alpha by placing it in a shield.
    You also need to make a banners on the tactical map.
    Yes, and i lack skills in adding banners on the tactical map - they have a texture-format. That is not my area in modding.

- I am using the old symbol of the Alpha for the menu, but it is out of place.

- The Havamal

Ok, i don't really know if i made it since this is my very first attempt with Texture files, but maybe i just edited the battle banners.

Last edited by Zerg93; November 29, 2018 at 09:45 AM.

I mainly worked on the Gurubashi battle banner but i also made another one with a different color since i think that in battle mode would be really weird to see Gurubashi and Goblins banners with the same colors.
    I do think that mine is kinda ugly and need more work though, so you should just stick with the Gurubashi one maybe.
    Even the Gurubashi banner should be better than having some old alpha banner, you can always change the colors in the future with next updates.

Banners.rar

As a symbol i used this Goblin sparkcog cartel png which is very similar to Bilgewater cartel but with a different color, i think that this is the best compromise since i can't found this particular symbol in a higher resolution than this one.
    I also made some other minor stuff like a menu symbol, in this case the fe_symbol_80 but not the ones in fe_buttons_24 and fe_buttons_48, is there a team member who can do the missing ones? I'm speaking about the Grey-Roll-Select ones.

P.S. Goblin1 files are the green ones while Goblin2 are the Gurubashi-like ones.
    Last edited by Zerg93; November 29, 2018 at 09:48 AM.

I mainly worked on the Gurubashi battle banner but i also made another one with a different color since i think that in battle mode would be really weird to see Gurubashi and Goblins banners with the same colors.
    I do think that mine is kinda ugly and need more work though, so you should just stick with the Gurubashi one maybe.
    Even the Gurubashi banner should be better than having some old alpha banner, you can always change the colors in the future with next updates.

Banners.rar

As a symbol i used this Goblin sparkcog cartel png which is very similar to Bilgewater cartel but with a different color, i think that this is the best compromise since i can't found this particular symbol in a higher resolution than this one.
    I also made some other minor stuff like a menu symbol, in this case the fe_symbol_80 but not the ones in fe_buttons_24 and fe_buttons_48, is there a team member who can do the missing ones? I'm speaking about the Grey-Roll-Select ones.

P.S. Goblin1 files are the green ones while Goblin2 are the Gurubashi-like ones.
    "Even the Gurubashi banner should be better than having some old alpha banner"

The alpha didn't have Goblin banners, it only had Goblin symbols for the UI. The banners are all Papal State banners.

Good job on these, i will add them for the time being.

- The Havamal

Could be better to use the yellow color for the goblins symbol and banners? (The color of the faction is also yellow.)

Quote Originally Posted by Farin Frostgeir View Post
    Could be better to use the yellow color for the goblins symbol and banners? (The color of the faction is also yellow.)
    Agreed, but i will use the light-green for now.

The Trade Coalition will only be available in custom battles in the next release - but will be added as a playable faction later in decembre around christmas together with the Vrykul faction.

I've added their units to the rebels in the campaign though.

Also, i'm now done with the work on the mod with the exception of the portraits - i only need to create lots of unit cards.

I sat the entire thursday night and day like 24h with no sleep working on the mod, as i finished the first version of the custom Frozen Throne campaign - Yes, you can now play two campaigns - one Reign of Chaos campaign, and one Frozen Throne! Of course neither is perfect just yet as they still feel like a mix between the games. But the main difference is the upper Eastern Kingdoms where you can now play as the Blood Elves led by Prince Kael'Thaz, the Forsaken led by Sylvannas Windrunner, Lordaeron led by Othmar Garithos, the Scarlet Crusade having all their regions with the exception of Scourge-held Stratholme and led by Saidan Datrohan, the Scourge with Death Knight Arthas being the heir, the Amani Trolls with them now having Tor'Watha from the start as well with another full army and finally the Naga with Najentus starting in Nazj'Vel - and Lady Vashj starting in Southshore in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Also, all dead generals removed for these factions. Rest of the factions might still be Reign of Chaos for now. The plan is two lore-correct campaigns later.

- Oh, and the High Elves are still playable in the Frozen Throne campaign - they are led by Sylvanna's sister Vereesa Windrunner - who are leading a small group of High Elves still loyal to the Alliance from her bastion of Dalaran city. Where she and the other High Elves choose to take up arms against their fellow Blood Elves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-11-30 05-59-48-866.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-30 05-59-58-052.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-30 06-12-36-140.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-30 06-12-43-842.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-30 06-12-56-109.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-11-30 06-13-01-625.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-30 06-13-15-488.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-30 06-17-29-423.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-30 06-17-49-058.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-30 06-16-59-321.jpg  

- The Havamal

Yes, you can now play two campaigns
    Good job on that, i'm really hyped
    Also i'm glad that the banners work!
    Sorry again for the crude color, i'm really bad with anything color-related .
    Last edited by Zerg93; November 30, 2018 at 10:42 AM.