Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Default Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Aurei Imperii is a mod set at 150 BC during the late Roman Republic. As of now THERE ARE NO REAL TIME BATTLES, on encounter battles are auto-resolved automatically by script.

Features:

- Campaign set at 150 BC
    - Improved AI
    - Scripts for immersion and to help AI in finances and military
    - Complex recruitment with a government system
    - Immersive strat models of the era
    - Immersive traits and ancillaries
    - Immersive building trees
    - Immersive interfaces, info images, events, etc
    - Complete overhaul to all interface stuff and audio for an immersive gameplay
    - 4 Turns per Year
    - Overhaul to almost everything
    - Functional Hot-Seat campaign

Factions:

- Romans (SPQR, Julii, Cornelii, Caecilii)
    - Achaean League
    - Rhodes
    - Attalid Kingdom
    - Ptolemaic Kingdom
    - Seleucid Empire
    - Pontic Empire
    - Carthage
    - Nabataean Kingdom
    - Bosporan Kingdom
    - Odrysian Kingdom
    - Dacia
    - Gallic Tribes
    - Numidia

Cultures:

- Roman
    - Western Greek
    - Eastern Greek
    - Eastern Imperial
    - Phoenician
    - Nabataean
    - Thracian
    - Western Tribal
    - North African

Credits:

- De Bello Mundi (terrain textures, settlements, trade ship models)
    - Riczu (diplomats, ships, Romans and Gauls generals/captains models)
    - Algaman (generals/captains models)
    - Paeninsula Italica II (base interface)
    - Normal's Rome II Unit Icons (unit cards)
    - Mobjay's Rome II Golden Emblems (base for faction emblems)
    - Europa Barbarorum II (mouse cursor, some traits and scripts)
    - PiterAI (AI)
    - z3n (Pathfinding)
    - Ancient Conquest (campaign map)
    - Gigantus (Recruitment Limitation Script, other scripts)

DOWNLOAD

Lite version (immersive hd cinematics removed - only 663mb file):

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder AI_v11 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

If the game is opened in a small window do this:

Open Configuration.cfg with a text editor (preferably Notepad++) and you see this part:

[video]
    movies = 0
    windowed = 1 ## Windowed mode (windowed = 1) is usually more stable
    borderless_window = 1
    no_background_fmv = 1
    show_banners = true
    # widescreen = 1
    # unit_detail = high
    # grass_distance = 9000

Change windowed = 1 to windowed = 0

Then in game options chose the native resolution of your monitor, after that you can change to windowed = 1 again and you'll still have full screen.

How to create a shortcut to launch the mod from your desktop:

- Go to AI_v11 folder, right click on the Executable file and chose "Create shortcut" and move the shortcut to the desktop.
    - Copy/paste the icon that is also in AI_v11 folder to the desktop.
    - Right click on the shortcut you created, chose properties and "Change icon...", then chose "Browse..." and then chose Desktop, you should have the icon there, just chose the icon.
    - Rename your shortcut to whatever you want, for example: Aurei Imperii
    - You can now launch the mod always from your desktop.

Last edited by MagusCaligula; August 04, 2023 at 11:15 AM.

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 278BC during Pyrrhus of Epirus campaigns)

reserved
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; December 09, 2019 at 07:35 AM.

Hmm, seems like you chose the same timeline as most other antiquity mods, the 270s BC forward.

Why not make a mod with a later start date for once, perhaps 170BC?

So I'm still working on stage 1 of the mod which is: factions campaign map banners and colours, factions interface and cultures, strat map icons, unit cards, factions starting positions, battle banners, etc. Only when I'm done with this I'll post in game screenshots. There might be a few name changes to the factions like the Arverni as it represents all the Celts so having a tribe name even if the most important isn't correct.

Some features: big campaign map, 4 turns per year, AOR recruitment with government buildings depending on the regions, historical units and settlements, wonders of the world and other unique buildings. Some unique buildings you'll be able to build. A lot of efforth will be put in the campaign with scripts and art for a great gameplay (and roleplay) experience. A lot of attention to detail.

Some more info about this mod and its progress:

The mod is built on De Bello Mundi, units and battle scenes at worst will be the same (with editing to unit stats and balance) and at best there will be new ones, as of now I didn't think much about that as the ones from DBM are great already, but I'll probably look into adding in some areas where it's lacking maybe. I'll use some of its scripts, others don't and I'll add new ones. Some buildings will be replaced or removed and new ones added. There will be government buildings for each faction, which buildings you can build depends on the region and the recruitment in general is tied to them.

I've finished already replacing towns and ports icons which are from Europa Barbarorum II as are the factions interface with the exception of unit cards background / borders, so all the credits to EBII.

I'm now making new settlement flags (the ones you see over the settlements where there aren't any units in it) as there was an issue making some textures shining which was their case so I added different ones instead but now I solved that so I'll make the ones I originally intended so things a bit delayed.

Factions are more or less placed already in their starting positions but need some tweak for balance reasons. Although there are "only" 20 factions there are more "sub factions" in the Eleutheroi (Independents) and they'll be also able to recruit units like normal factions and act aggressively.

Big rivers are navigable and will give bonus to agriculture and trade, there will be reforms which will make new units available through time. I'll change the date to BC / AD instead of the AUC system as it would probably confuse most players.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; October 29, 2018 at 08:11 AM.

So finally some in game screenshots:

Campaign Map:

Ptolemaioi:

Romani:

Roman Late Units:

I've reuploaded the campaign map pic as I forgot to finish the Seleucids starting territory, also pic of the Hellenic League showing the unit card border effect when selected as I've forgotten. I'll now look into add new intro videos and finish the unit cards (which might take a while). Then I'll work on the building icons and government buildings and others.

I've started making the unit cards from scratch to fit perfectly in the border frame, the new ones will look better. Unfortunately they still lose a bit of quality in game as the engine decreases size to fit the UI, the unit card itself looks much better but there is nothing I can do. In meanwhile I've also added videos for intros and wonders.

EDIT:
    I manage the mostly solve the loss of quality in the unit cards in game so they'll look almost perfect now.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; November 07, 2018 at 10:40 AM.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Cool!

To the few interested in this mod: the work on unit cards is almost finished, they'll look much better, I'll also maybe need to use different UI and other stuff so everything you see atm in screenshots it's subject to change.

This honestly looks like a whole ton better and more refined then DBM! Reminds me almost of the rome total realism mods.
    Last edited by Star_destroyer; November 12, 2018 at 11:08 AM.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Looks fun, keep it up.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Thanks, it seems there is people interested in it afterall Yeah I'm starting by the cover as DBM is the base so I can focus 1st in polishing first the graphics part of it, but the gameplay will also be unique. I started it with some ideas inspired in EBII, but the more I design it in my head the more it turns unique and with some unique ideas. Most of DBM scripts will be preserved as I think they're nice.

Civis

Very interesting. I just hope that the first release is bug free. I’ve been keeping away from EBII because too many bugs atm.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OJ33DA View Post
    Very interesting. I just hope that the first release is bug free. I’ve been keeping away from EBII because too many bugs atm.
    "Bug Free" in an ambitious Medieval 2 mod on its unpatched original release is a quest for a magical unicorn. At best, expect a fairly stable release that is refined with one or two matches. Bug free? tsk tsk...
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Quote Originally Posted by OJ33DA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    "Bug Free" in an ambitious Medieval 2 mod on its unpatched original release is a quest for a magical unicorn. At best, expect a fairly stable release that is refined with one or two matches. Bug free? tsk tsk...
    Not to mention the fact that even vanilla M2TW sometimes just goes CTD for whatever reason.

Well keep in mind this is a 1 man's project and it's impossible to me to do much test, I mean if you look at EBII which is a relatively big team with very experienced modders in Medieval II TW and with a lot of people testing it and as you said it still has bugs. That said I'm using DBM as base and I'm aware of some of the issues it has and ofc in this mod they shall be fixed and hopefully not introduce new ones xd

My intention is to do the same as I did with my main mod for M&B Warband "Sands of Faith", releasing a first version hopefully as bug free as possible and based on the feedback fix all eventual issues and improve in all areas in the next. That mod is now almost bug free (but it was a 2 years work) and the only issues it has is related to computer performance due to the very high quality textures and some huge scenes (even the best computers struggle in town sieges), which is the reason computer performance is one of my priorities in this mod.

Also it had many youtubers making LPs of the mod which was a huge help detecting bugs, obviously this game isn't as popular so players feedback will be even more important.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; November 16, 2018 at 06:28 AM.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I'd be willing to test whenever you require some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    I'd be willing to test whenever you require some feedback.
    Thanks, I don't think I'll upload a "special" test version though because of the file size, DBM itself is over 7Gb and the size with this mod will tend to get bigger, for example just replacing the intro and wonders videos increased the size quite a bit as the new ones are of higher quality and resolution. 7zip compresses like 3Gb in 1Gb but it's still something.

But anyway things like events, reforms, recruitment for player, buildings, most scripts, etc, I can test myself as it's things that can be done at the first turns. But ofc things related to AI and game balance it's what is more complicated as require to actually play the game which is something I just don't have time. All my gaming time goes to make the mod and lately I didn't much to say the truth, still finishing the unit cards which are originally the ones from Normal's mod for Rome II ofc but the editing to fit perfectly the UI border/frame (and even just chosing the right one) takes some time.

Also I'll need to change the culture UI and the towns/ports strat map models as the EBII team members aren't as helpful as you and other modders in the commmunity... So yeah it will probably take some time until some testing can be done

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    Well keep in mind this is a 1 man's project and it's impossible to me to do much test, I mean if you look at EBII which is a relatively big team with very experienced modders in Medieval II TW and with a lot of people testing it and as you said it still has bugs. That said I'm using DBM as base and I'm aware of some of the issues it has and ofc in this mod they shall be fixed and hopefully not introduce new ones xd

My intention is to do the same as I did with my main mod for M&B Warband "Sands of Faith", releasing a first version hopefully as bug free as possible and based on the feedback fix all eventual issues and improve in all areas in the next. That mod is now almost bug free (but it was a 2 years work) and the only issues it has is related to computer performance due to the very high quality textures and some huge scenes (even the best computers struggle in town sieges), which is the reason computer performance is one of my priorities in this mod.

Also it had many youtubers making LPs of the mod which was a huge help detecting bugs, obviously this game isn't as popular so players feedback will be even more important.
    Didn't mean to put you down.
    I'm just hoping that you'll release hotfixes as needed.
    Not trying to say that EBII doesn't do that but it seems they're focused on releasing Big updates instead of multiple small patches.

I like many of the choices you made: the unit cards are fantastic, the choice of factions is interesting (unique rebel units) but how will Baktria be represented in the game when they have yet to gain independence from the Seleukids? Will they (the player) start as a protectorate of the Seleukid Empire? How powerful will the Seleukids be? I don't want the Seleukids to die off in less than 100 turns, as is common in RTW...
    Last edited by OJ33DA; November 26, 2018 at 11:15 PM.
    ----- ---------
    HACKING INTO THE MAINFRAME!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast