Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Westeros - Winds of Winter Submod] The Winds of Winter

Default Re: [HS] The Winds of Winter

Welp

Aryyn, Tully, Greyjoy

dont know wether I’d want RP or not

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Thanks for joining folks, 2 more players then we'll begin.

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    I could co-admin if no one has volunteered yet.
    Yea we'll need one, your welcome to join as the co-admin

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Give me anything, I will become the King of Westeros no matter.
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOOSTY View Post
    Give me anything, I will become the King of Westeros no matter.
    That sounds like the perfect mindset for a Greyjoy player.

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Total war View Post
    That sounds like the perfect mindset for a Greyjoy player.
    Good point
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by keldo52 View Post
    Welp

Aryyn, Tully, Greyjoy

dont know wether I’d want RP or not
    Havent you just left several hotseats due to IRL issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Havent you just left several hotseats due to IRL issues?
    yes I did, because those hot seats are the ones that I’d cause the most delays in (like one with a turn happening every day, and one that requires a lot of research to rp for)

1 more player then we'll begin, I have messaged a few players.

Note: I have made some changes to the map adding sail-able rivers and adding the textures from the 1.0 mod removing the vanilla ones. Also fixed some recruitment issues.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I wish to take Targ, if not I am fine with anything else.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Quote Originally Posted by General Dragon. View Post
    I wish to take Targ, if not I am fine with anything else.
    Thanks for joining!

The hotseat will begin some time next week.

Patch should be ready in a couple of days, I had plans to add dragons and undead giants but would like everyones thoughts on this before I add them as they are very strong.

Note: each of the 3 dragons be seperate units with their models in battle representing said dragon but if all agree on adding them some rules would need to be created giving how strong they are.

So targs would get 3 dragons, starks would get giants. Night king will have a undead dragon/giants.

I cant seem to think of events, well I have a few in mind but post here if you have any good ideas for events throughout the hotseat.
    Last edited by PeaMan; November 06, 2018 at 01:39 PM.

joker0002710's Avatar Tiro

I disagree with adding dragons and giants as units. Maybe ancillaries/retinue to add boosts to generals movement, command, and hitpoints. Otherwise, they'd be too OP.

Quote Originally Posted by joker0002710 View Post
    I disagree with adding dragons and giants as units. Maybe ancillaries/retinue to add boosts to generals movement, command, and hitpoints. Otherwise, they'd be too OP.

I agree, achillaries or retinue would probably be better suited since this is a hotseat afterall, let's see what the others think first.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

If we go for trying to integrate them because it's cool, I would say this.
    - I do not believe Stark should get giants, but if they do, rank up the upkeep, reduce their starting assets to accommodate and generally ensure that they have a cost to them. Balancing on a unit stat level would be nice.
    - Targs I am a bit more open to giving dragons, provided the above for balance. Reduced assets otherwise, a bit of a pain to keep going, and a look into how they act with autoresolve so they do not result in instant kill.

If the above cannot be achieved, then I would have them as ancillaries. I disagree with movement being involvedand prefer to eliminate that as a variable, but I do think command, hitpoints, maybe public order from law and would be nice. Public order being a notable variable would be nice in general, mmm... but I digress.

If it is expedient to balance the units so they do not wreck autoresolve, then I am in favor from the cool factor. If not, ancillaries would suit just fine.

As far as events go. I'd probably not have predefined events outside of the typical North Threat, and dynamic events depend on how much this group wants to bake in the roleplay aspect. Faction specific 'missions' like the vanilla style but with a point would be nifty, where there could be rewards for completing both civil and military objectives relative to how they're running their faction while penalties may be incurred under the premise of military revolt, inspired enemy forces, civil trouble, etc. Something like the Elder Scrolls objective style could also be nifty. But that depends on how much folks want in.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

I belive the dragons would work better as achillaries mainly command, public order, and hitpoints.
    im not 100% sure about the giants, it would be interesting to have them as a limited unit like the unsullied and dothraki.

as for the events we could have an expedition north like the show did to find proof of the wights, (exept with armies instead of 10 or 12 guys)

maybe a event involving Aegon Targaryen and the golden company, you could do a lot of things with that (he sides with his aunt or goes for his own kingship maybe)

other than that, I do like what Commodus mentioned above

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    If we go for trying to integrate them because it's cool, I would say this.
    - I do not believe Stark should get giants, but if they do, rank up the upkeep, reduce their starting assets to accommodate and generally ensure that they have a cost to them. Balancing on a unit stat level would be nice.
    - Targs I am a bit more open to giving dragons, provided the above for balance. Reduced assets otherwise, a bit of a pain to keep going, and a look into how they act with autoresolve so they do not result in instant kill.

If the above cannot be achieved, then I would have them as ancillaries. I disagree with movement being involvedand prefer to eliminate that as a variable, but I do think command, hitpoints, maybe public order from law and would be nice. Public order being a notable variable would be nice in general, mmm... but I digress.

If it is expedient to balance the units so they do not wreck autoresolve, then I am in favor from the cool factor. If not, ancillaries would suit just fine.

As far as events go. I'd probably not have predefined events outside of the typical North Threat, and dynamic events depend on how much this group wants to bake in the roleplay aspect. Faction specific 'missions' like the vanilla style but with a point would be nifty, where there could be rewards for completing both civil and military objectives relative to how they're running their faction while penalties may be incurred under the premise of military revolt, inspired enemy forces, civil trouble, etc. Something like the Elder Scrolls objective style could also be nifty. But that depends on how much folks want in.
    Interesting, I like it. I'll mess about with the dragons tomorrow and see what they're like in AR but I expect them to be very strong, if that's the case I'll lower their stats and try balance it out a bit so that they can't defeat a stack by themselves. (If they are able too I'll check tomorrow)

As to the Giants the starks would only get the 1 which would be Wun-Wun with a reasonable upkeep of course considering they have half the stats of the Dragon's I believe but perhaps only the white walkers can get undead giants? excluding the starks from having wun-wun but if the walkers get the undead giants and undead dragon, targ would most definatly need their dragons I think otherwise we all become wights sooner than later

That could work, but perhaps something along the lines of what General Dragon done for his Dagor-Enor hotseat giving each players 'quests' of sorts which I found to be great for a hotseat, well for the dagor-enor hotseat those quest fit perfectly in the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by keldo52 View Post
    I belive the dragons would work better as achillaries mainly command, public order, and hitpoints.
    im not 100% sure about the giants, it would be interesting to have them as a limited unit like the unsullied and dothraki.

as for the events we could have an expedition north like the show did to find proof of the wights, (exept with armies instead of 10 or 12 guys)

maybe a event involving Aegon Targaryen and the golden company, you could do a lot of things with that (he sides with his aunt or goes for his own kingship maybe)

other than that, I do like what Commodus mentioned above
    If the dragons are way to OP achillaries would be our best bet with the perks you mentioned above.

That would be a nice event before the war for the dawn start so I'll most likely add something like that to spice things up.

I considered adding Aegon as Dany's heir but decided not to. That said the golden company will surely be a event with the player paying a hefty sum of gold to hire a stack of golden company mercs

But I like the idea of the ranging north to prove the white walkers exist, could also play into the night king getting his undead dragon if we do indeed go ahead with adding them but perhaps something like 50-50 chance of the dragon dying.

The patch is ready and will be out in a day or two.

I've decided against adding dragons, at least for the first hotseat.

Patch is ready, I forgot most of the files I edited since the first release so most are included in the patch forgive me.

Some of the changes I made..

- Map changes
    - Fixed recruitment problem with some factions
    - added more ships to most factions
    - free upkeep for units when garrisoned
    - Unsullied and Dothraki been given free upkeep stabilising the Targaryen upkeep
    - Added the Golden Company
    - New ancillaries

Some other stuff aswell, there may be another quick patch tweaking the starting purse of the factions.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/awu0mgb02awav9a/FireAndBlood_Patch.zip/file

Here's the last patch - https://www.mediafire.com/file/vl9wn5y0da6c4j6/data.rar/file

We'll start whenever the admin can set up the save.

2 events will be added for Arryn and Grejoy..

Rise of the tribesmen - Equiped with steel weapons from Tywin Lannister the tribesmen have risen against the lords of the vale. *If successful in putting the rebellion down house Arryn will receive a long lost valyrian steel sword from the age of heros, the falcon's claw.*

Scourge of the Westerlands - If Euron Grejoy manages to plunder and hold the western coast of the westerlands from banefort to casterly rock he will receive a suit of valyrian steel armour.

I also added ancillaries as rewards for the victors in the war for the dawn.

Fixed the family trees somewhat but the Greyjoy cannot seem to adopt character, when they do the character dies. The family tree option is also missing but this is from the mod before I edited any files, that said they have 15 generals.