Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2k - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar/reforms modules + various stratmap movement range armies/navies [18 march 18]

Ok, but tell me if you're using Kam's AE, cause the only way to change building time is to edit his files directly.
    Doing modules for buildings would be quite useless otherwise. If you are not using AE, then simply use one of the TESTUDO core or DeI's hardcore.
    Or your personal "line ups" do not allow to use them?

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2k - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar/reforms modules + various stratmap movement range armies/navies [18 march 18]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Ok, but tell me if you're using Kam's AE, cause the only way to change building time is to edit his files directly.
    Doing modules for buildings would be quite useless otherwise. If you are not using AE, then simply use one of the TESTUDO core or DeI's hardcore.
    Or your personal "line ups" do not allow to use them?
    I’m using his economy mod, and myself along with other users have reported some compatibility issues with those as wel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    I’m using his economy mod, and myself along with other users have reported some compatibility issues with those as wel

You'll need the compatibility packs of them, since they edit the same entries as KAM's mod and again as they're not designed to work with AE you may still have issues.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 30, 2018 at 01:13 PM.

Patrician

Just to recap:

- Every module is technically compatible with AE.
    - If you're using any submod that change campaigns > main_rome > scripting.lua then economy and civic modules are NOT compatible and gmae will load only the first one in load order.
    - About economy and civic campaign effects i can't say if they are balanced or not with AE (not tried yet) but they should get along. If it is too thight use Small pack.
    - If you're playng Economy and/or Civic modules with AE, download the patch for Economy+Civic under compatibility section into OP
    - Testudo and AE are NOT compatible, don't use them together. Maybe one day...

@Scipio: so you need increased building construction for AE. I'll do, probably better to wait for next Kam's release anyway.

Btw I'm testing TESTUDO 1.3, but to release full version for all modules it will take some time spending with PFM and Excel...
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 30, 2018 at 02:11 PM.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L/H TESTUDO v.1.3 (for DeI 1.2.2L1) + AI/Economy/Civic/Treasury/Population/Civilwar/Reforms/Environment/Culture/Technology/Diplomacy/Generalage/Stance/Movement MODULES [may 06/18]

After some work, TESTUDO 1.3 is out!

There are a lot of modifications and rebalances to improve this submod towards its goals.
    These golas are to set DeI being more hardcore and slower, with an eye to every turn's choice.
    It should be more strategical and more oppriment mostly for domestic management.
    Also AI is slowered, it is strong but it won't send you tons of armies.

There are now 4 TESTUDO core packs:
    - Small is a sort of halfway between Medium and DeI (4 tpy)
    - Medium is classic (prolonged 4 tpy)
    - Large is harder and longer (12 tpy)
    - Huge is the hardest and longest (more real 12 tpy, really recommended)

There are now 12 MODULES:
    - AI
    - Economy
    - Treasury
    - Civic
    - Population
    - Civil War
    - Reforms
    - Environment
    - Culture
    - Technology
    - Diplomacy
    - General Age

There are now news about strat "MOVEMENT" and a partial "STANCE" overhaul.

Check OP for further infos.

Enjoy, hardcore player!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 06, 2018 at 08:05 PM.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L/H TESTUDO v.1.3 (for DeI 1.2.2L1 - patch 19) + S/M/L/H AI/Economy/Civic/Treasury/Population/Civilwar/Reforms/Environment/Culture/Technology/Diplomacy/Generalage/Stance/Movement MODULES [ may 06/18]

After some work, TESTUDO 1.3 is out!

There are a lot of modifications and rebalances to improve this submod towards its goals.
    These golas are to set DeI being more hardcore and slower, with an eye to every turn's choice.
    It should be more strategical and more oppriment mostly for domestic management.
    Also AI is slowered, it is strong but it won't send you tons of armies.

There are now 4 TESTUDO core packs:
    - Small is a sort of halfway between Medium and DeI (4 tpy)
    - Medium is classic (prolonged 4 tpy)
    - Large is harder and longer (12 tpy)
    - Huge is the hardest and longest (more real 12 tpy, really recommended)

There are now 12 MODULES:
    - AI
    - Economy
    - Treasury
    - Civic
    - Population
    - Civil War
    - Reforms
    - Environment
    - Culture
    - Technology
    - Diplomacy
    - General Age

There are now news about strat "MOVEMENT" and a partial "STANCE" overhaul.

Check OP for further infos.

Enjoy, hardcore player!
    Great, I wanted to get some sleep tonight Jake [emoji23]

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L/H TESTUDO v.1.3 (for DeI 1.2.2L1 - patch 19) + S/M/L/H AI/Economy/Civic/Treasury/Population/Civilwar/Reforms/Environment/Culture/Technology/Diplomacy/Generalage/Stance/Movement MODULES [ may 06/18]

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    Great, I wanted to get some sleep tonight Jake [emoji23]
    I'm going right now.

Nice work Jake, also, that's one long ass title.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TURTLE (for DeI 1.2.2a)

Absolutely amazing work, Jake. Really keen to try this but I leave for Europe next week so I'll have to wait until I get back so I can properly immerse myself in a new campaign!
    Last edited by ltsweeting; May 06, 2018 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Nice work Jake, also, that's one long ass title.
    Shame shame I know your name.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsweeting View Post
    Absolutely amazing work, Jake. Really keen to try this but I leave for Europe next week so I'll have to wait until I get back so I can properly immerse myself in a new campaign!
    Get your priorities straight buddy. Rometrip before Eurotrip...

I'm going right now.
    You deserve it buddy. You certainly have our support.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L/H TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]

@ Dardo21: yeah, yesterday editor was bugged, now I've changed it, was really too much.

@ Itsweeting: first australian I've met in europe (he was the boyfriend of a friend) got drunk in the first hour and all he wanted to say became intellegible

@ GS: Thanks, hope this submod worth it.

I hope OP description is understandable. If you have questions here I am.
    The best thing is to try a campaign and spend some time understanding how various features take place.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L/H TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]

@ GS: Thanks, hope this submod worth it.

I hope OP description is understandable. If you have questions here I am.
    The best thing is to try a campaign and spend some time understanding how various features take place.
    I hope I could find the time to start a campaign with our next big Roman-Carthaginian update and you mods. For a mega,RP turtle style game.
    Too much stuff going on lately and my gaming time is pretty much nonexistent.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] S/M/L/H TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]

when you want chief
    notice that real RP part has still to be done and see how it works in game.
    For what i have planned in mind should be simple but funny, sometimes necessary too. Hope I'll find a simple way to script and tab it.
    For now TESTUDO is really good imo, but it is a personal taste.
    I had plans more than one year ago and I'm satisfied by now with these results.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 08, 2018 at 03:16 AM.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] S/M/L/H TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]

I forgot to do S/M/L/H packs for Environment module. There was only Huge version
    Please, to people that had, redownload TESTUDO packs since they have slight changes now, mostly to PO management and growth.

Good to know buddy. Keep it up.

Patrician

Some patches were missing. Patches are needed when you play AI, Civic, Economy, Treasury or STANCE without playing TESTUDO (just with DeI or other Submods)
    If you're playing TESTUDO you don't need patches.
    All those patch possibilities are needed since to load new script callback must be into scripting.lua.
    Check #3 post for Compatibility section and download link
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 10, 2018 at 11:36 AM.

If you're playing TESTUDO you don't need patches.
    None, right ? Only for compatibility.

Patrician

None. Callbacks for new scripts are inside TESTUDO pack. You don't need them even if you're loading some Modules (AI, Civic, Economy, Treasury) or STANCE pack. For loading order just follow @ quantity.
    More @ it has, first it goes for loading

Otherwise if you don't have TESTUDO loaded, you'll need patches to callback those scripts.
    Callbacks are inside campaigns > main_rome > scripting.lua.
    I've tried to do an external script with callbacks but I don't think it's doable.
    Probably every script (and other stuff) must be loaded from this main script.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 11, 2018 at 03:47 AM.

None. Callbacks for new scripts are inside TESTUDO pack. You don't need them even if you're loading some Modules (AI, Civic, Economy, Treasury) or STANCE pack. For loading order just follow @ quantity.
    More @ it has, first it goes for loading
    Sure, I'm aware. I also use numbers or letters after @@. I have many mods and I like them neatly organized.

Otherwise if you don't have TESTUDO loaded, you'll need patches to callback those scripts.
    Callbacks are inside campaigns > main_rome > scripting.lua.
    I've tried to do an external script with callbacks but I don't think it's doable.
    Probably every script (and other stuff) must be loaded from this main script.[/QUOTE]

Swell.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 11, 2018 at 07:01 AM.

Patrician

I'm working on a general age script, to give slight effects and other small things depending on general age.
    So to combine with aging traits.
    May an english native tell me which are the best terms to identify these ages? I put mine, not sure about:
    teen: <20 / young: 20-24 / grown: 25-29 / mature: 30-34 / adult:35-39 / riped:40-49 / aged: 50-59 / old: 60-69 / elder: >70
    Thanks.