Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Yes, there was a bug in the Spartan Intervention script - I spotted that when watching charlieh's Let's Play. It does indeed rush through to the end result without giving you 20 turns.

The only unique I can see in Babylon are the Walls and Ziggurat of Marduk - which is effectively the same thing even if it doesn't mention the gardens specifically. Is that not appearing in Babylon?

There's been some discussion of Firstborn, not sure what's going to happen yet.

We'd like to do something more with the Olympic traits, but it suffers from the same underlying issue of limited resource in the traits department.

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by Gunydii View Post
    the hanging gardens appear on the campaign map but not as a building in Babylonia Province. Both seem a bit odd. I've fiddled with the game files slightly but I dont think I've done anything that should have impacted either of these.
    There's no archaeological evidence that the "Hanging Gardens" ever existed, but the Temple of Marduk certainly did, so the visible campaign map graphic has been "repurposed".
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The only unique I can see in Babylon are the Walls and Ziggurat of Marduk - which is effectively the same thing even if it doesn't mention the gardens specifically. Is that not appearing in Babylon?

Re the gardens I presumably did a large dyslexia then, my bad. (incidentally makes keeping to the ULA more difficult too). that thing about there 'usually' is the gardens, but this isnt, the Walls and Ziggurat of Marduk are in Babylon and I suspect my brain was like, well the walls are usually round a city therefore this other thing is supposed to be the gardens and its unmentioned.

I read a bit about the gardens presence/existence, so I was just curious at what looked like a mismatch, thanks for resolving it and for all the hard work more generally.

I think its possible theres something slightly funky in the Pontic sinope script too. at least if youre no longer at war with Ptolemy. Armies stood in the sea with no ships and getting repeating 'yes' 'no' dialog boxes that, after the first one dont seem to do a lot (semi aquatic armies not withstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Grain merchant ancillary says in description "Increases the rate of population growth". I was going to move him to FM in Demetrias to get the city size for the 3rd polis_3 asap but as i saw population growth didnt improve when FM acting as governor got him
    There were a few problems with this one. Fixed in the dev build.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    + I think this is a known old issue but there is still an impassable river crossing in Boii-Scheboz area. When i hoover the mouse on it it says "low mountains". Dunno if the Team has a map modder able to fix it.
    https://imgur.com/a/n8wEc
    Fixed in the dev build.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    I noticed Roman units no longer have voicelines if you click on them on campaign map while playing as another faction. Is that intended?
    Actually they never had campaign map voices. And neither did the East Greeks (units anyway). But both of them do now (in the dev build).
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gunydii View Post
    I think its possible theres something slightly funky in the Pontic sinope script too. at least if youre no longer at war with Ptolemy. Armies stood in the sea with no ships and getting repeating 'yes' 'no' dialog boxes that, after the first one dont seem to do a lot (semi aquatic armies not withstanding).
    You're right, I'll take a look.

Is the Macedonian kingship reform broken? I stopped all the raids which got the invasion by the macedonian pretender from Alexandria but after I killed him in battle, nothing happened. I was enjoying this game but without higher tier governments its going to be hard/impratical and unfun to keep on playing.
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

Quote Originally Posted by Seimour View Post
    Is the Macedonian kingship reform broken? I stopped all the raids which got the invasion by the macedonian pretender from Alexandria but after I killed him in battle, nothing happened. I was enjoying this game but without higher tier governments its going to be hard/impratical and unfun to keep on playing.
    The pretender is an entirely separate event to the kingship reforms. Have you built farms_three, roads_garrison and port_garrison in Pella? Is Pyrrhos dead?

I was missing the port garrison. Pyrrhos died early and ignominiously after I pelted his elephants to panic in his own ranks. He charged Antigonos and I mobbed him with cavalry from all sides after which his army utterly collapsed. I am assuming that there isn't any official page on the forum that details the building requirements. I got the event by cheating and upgrading all buildings and Pella to a huge city but I couldn't figure out what I was missing. That basically means I was super late in getting the kingship because of one building (Oops) Thanks QS!
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

I forgot to add them to the reform requirements thread, but aren't they in the player's guide bundled with 2.3?

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

You mixed up the goddess of fertility and the god of battle in the building tree of the Sweboz faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Halvar von Flake View Post
    You mixed up the goddess of fertility and the god of battle in the building tree of the Sweboz faction.
    The Sweboz "God-to-Temple-type" associations are less than optimal. It's not just the one you mention, but 5 of the 6 could probably shift. Maybe someday.....
    Last edited by Kull; January 24, 2018 at 02:34 PM.
    EBII Council

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    The Sweboz "God-to-Temple-type" associations are less than optimal. It's not just the one you mention, but 5 of the 6 could probably shift. Maybe someday.....
    Yes, maybe someday...EBII2.3 is so much fun already that bugs do not bother anyway...

This is something that I found during my 19 hours of play. I don't think my observations are worth an entire thread, so I'll just post here.

1_ In the Recruitment Viewer I found the "italic_infantry_hustatus" and the "italic_infantry_histro_venetic" missing their name above the main stats paragraph. I can't exclude if this is happening with other units, too.

2_ In the description of the Temple of Demetra, the mention of her daughter "Prosperina" is probably a typo: unless I'm ignoring something fundamental, the name should be Proserpina.

3_ In the biography of Areus, there is a mention of the embassy to the Israelitai. I know the matter is debated, but from what I understood the opinions tend to converge on the theory that the document is false. I can back up my claim with bibliography, if necessary.

4_ I saw that the biography of some characters who come of age later in the campaign is missing (e.g. Q. Fabius Maximus). I suppose this is going to be fixed, but is there a way we amateurs can help, like in the regional descriptions?

5_ In the description of the ancillary "Beastmaster", it is said that training of animal units is affected, but in the EDA there is only a TrainingUnits effect.

6_ Similarly, the command bonus for the "Inflatable Sheep" is commented out, but the bonus itself is mentioned in the description.

7_ In the quotes there is {Author_204} which refers to Livy, "Ad Urbe Condita", while it should be "Ab Urbe Condita".

Enough for the moment, when I get to play some more I'll try to help spotting something else!

Quote Originally Posted by mephiston View Post
    This is something that I found during my 19 hours of play. I don't think my observations are worth an entire thread, so I'll just post here.

1_ In the Recruitment Viewer I found the "italic_infantry_hustatus" and the "italic_infantry_histro_venetic" missing their name above the main stats paragraph. I can't exclude if this is happening with other units, too.
    No idea. I checked the EDU and EU files and these units are titled exactly the same as the others.

2_ In the description of the Temple of Demetra, the mention of her daughter "Prosperina" is probably a typo: unless I'm ignoring something fundamental, the name should be Proserpina.
    Thanks, I'll fix.

3_ In the biography of Areus, there is a mention of the embassy to the Israelitai. I know the matter is debated, but from what I understood the opinions tend to converge on the theory that the document is false. I can back up my claim with bibliography, if necessary.
    Will post for the historians to review

4_ I saw that the biography of some characters who come of age later in the campaign is missing (e.g. Q. Fabius Maximus). I suppose this is going to be fixed, but is there a way we amateurs can help, like in the regional descriptions?
    His biography is present (id="Qvintvs_Fabivs_Maximvs_Biography")

5_ In the description of the ancillary "Beastmaster", it is said that training of animal units is affected, but in the EDA there is only a TrainingUnits effect.
    The "animal training" bonus only effects handlers (i.e "wardogs"), so at some point the ancillary was re-purposed. However, the fact that he now gives cavalry command benefits AND a 15% reduction in the cost of training ALL units (including infantry) doesn't make a whole lot of sense. This is an RTW vanilla ancillary, and frankly he's long overdue for extinction, especially since his original purpose expired long ago.

6_ Similarly, the command bonus for the "Inflatable Sheep" is commented out, but the bonus itself is mentioned in the description.
    Yet another vanilla RTW ancillary. Originally it gave a bonus when fighting barbarians, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I will remove that comment from the description, but since it is kind of a humorous ancillary (and rare), we'll keep it (albeit with only the morale malus).

7_ In the quotes there is {Author_204} which refers to Livy, "Ad Urbe Condita", while it should be "Ab Urbe Condita".
    Livy's "History of Rome" is also known as "Ad Urbe Condita", so the format of the "author section" (author's name followed by document title) is correct. However, there are several other quotes from that document, and all refer to the author as "Titus Livius", so I'll make that correction.
    EBII Council

No idea. I checked the EDU and EU files and these units are titled exactly the same as the others.

Thanks, I'll fix.

Will post for the historians to review

Happy to be of any help!

His biography is present (id="Qvintvs_Fabivs_Maximvs_Biography")

I see. Probably I overlooked the biography in game, and I only checked the campaign_script afterwards. Thanks for pointing it out.

The "animal training" bonus only effects handlers (i.e "wardogs"), so at some point the ancillary was re-purposed. However, the fact that he now gives cavalry command benefits AND a 15% reduction in the cost of training ALL units (including infantry) doesn't make a whole lot of sense. This is an RTW vanilla ancillary, and frankly he's long overdue for extinction, especially since his original purpose expired long ago.

Yet another vanilla RTW ancillary. Originally it gave a bonus when fighting barbarians, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I will remove that comment from the description, but since it is kind of a humorous ancillary (and rare), we'll keep it (albeit with only the morale malus).

Since I saw the triggers for the ancillaries are still active, I thought it would've been worth it.

Livy's "History of Rome" is also known as "Ad Urbe Condita", so the format of the "author section" (author's name followed by document title) is correct. However, there are several other quotes from that document, and all refer to the author as "Titus Livius", so I'll make that correction.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Unless my latin is really rusty, "ad" is followed by accusative ("ad urbem conditam") so the structure "ad urbe condita" is impossible, without even involving the meaning (which strongly supports "ab", anyways). Your fix circumvents the problem, so all good.

Quote Originally Posted by mephiston View Post
    This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Unless my latin is really rusty, "ad" is followed by accusative ("ad urbem conditam") so the structure "ad urbe condita" is impossible, without even involving the meaning (which strongly supports "ab", anyways). Your fix circumvents the problem, so all good.
    Ahh, gotcha. Yep, s/b "Ab"
    Last edited by Kull; February 16, 2018 at 04:42 PM.
    EBII Council

Pontos can't build the house of strenght upgrade to the game field even after its reforms. Is this a bug or intended to be so?
    Satrapy also don't allow to build the last level of temples. I am assuming that's intended but just checking....
    Last edited by Seimour; February 28, 2018 at 07:04 PM.