Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    I've found when you play darthmod and alter the dme-script file, it just Zero's it any way, when you exit the game it's gone, so I was curious so I fired it up (game/mod wise) paused the game and DME mod files are there, so It re-writes the script during every new start not just the initial start, consequently any alterations initially done are wiped on start and exit

that also brings me to a question do I need the UPC pack if I'm using DME as well? and if yes do I then dump DME versions of UPC?

BTW still play ur mod on NTW but then I saw you had one for ETW (which is my favorite TW game) so I had to have it so I'm using DME and Your AUM-ETW mod
    Thanks Swiss Halberdier ps sorry if some of it;s a bit gibberish I's late here in NZ
    Good that you enjoy both AUM-EMP and AUM-NAP.

Oh this is strange that the DME script gets always removed after a new start/exit. I didn't saw until now any reports about this and when I used the big DARTHMOD mod, then it didn't happen to me. And I personally use at the moment only the small core DME_darthmod.pack file on my new installation. So I can't verify or confirm this.

So what was the solution that you get AUM-EMP for Darthmod still working?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    Yeah use the upc from this mod, then delete the darthmod upcs so that you only have 1.
    Thanks Cody!

Yes exactly the players can move the DMUC_*UPC* files away from the data folder and just keep it somewhere to be safe. And then they can add my latest UPC-EMP file into the Empire data directory.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Yeah use the upc from this mod, then delete the darthmod upcs so that you only have 1.
    Thanks Cody712

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    So what was the solution that you get AUM-EMP for Darthmod still working?
    Quotation marks basically ie

mod "DME_AUM.pack";
    mod "DME_darthmod.pack";

provided I have these Quotation marks surrounding the name and pack it doesn't get deleted
    so that may be my bad I don't really know
    as opposed to

mod DME_AUM.pack;
    mod DME_darthmod.pack;

this is of course for the user.dme_script
    Last edited by onmy6; March 03, 2017 at 03:08 AM.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

I have another question
    If I skipped using Darths launcher and just loaded the select file/s I'd like to use out of DME and AUM-EMP
    into the user script file that comes with the ETW, would that produce the result of firing up the game and having both DME and AUM as opposed to using DME-launcher to achieve that?

I have another question
    If I skipped using Darths launcher and just loaded the select file/s I'd like to use out of DME and AUM-EMP
    into the user script file that comes with the ETW, would that produce the result of firing up the game and having both DME and AUM as opposed to using DME-launcher to achieve that?
    Yes if you use the normal vanilla user.empire_script.txt, then you can exactly specify what gets loaded and what not.

So this below as you wrote it, would at least use the core Darthmod features and my AUM-EMP DM version:

mod "DME_AUM.pack";
    mod "DME_darthmod.pack";

And then you could add there other features of DM too, but I don't know really in detail which DM*.pack files are dependent or non-dependent if you do manually activate them, instead of using the big DM launcher.

As until now you were the first one who reported such issues like this. And I personally didn't have had any issues when I used the big DM collection too. But as I wrote at the moment with my new installed system, I use only the core DM + AUM-EMP DM.

So I guess it would be good if you probably post on the official Darthmod forums also your question about how to load specific features of the big DM collection, without the need of using the DM launcher itself.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Ok cool thanks Swiss Halberdier, after some trial and error
    I managed to get these below working, so I don't have to use DM launcher which seems to wipe too many thing out for my liking.
    not sure all are necessary but...

Just for reference here's the list that works:

• mod DME_AUM.pack;
    • mod DME_darthmod.pack;
    • mod DME_UnitsPack.pack;
    • mod DME_Navy.pack;
    • mod DME_SkinPack.pack;
    • mod DME_BSM_ON.pack;
    • mod DME_Deploy_ON.pack;
    • mod DME_Grenades_ON.pack;
    • mod UPC_English.pack;
    • mod DME_Custom.pack;
    • mod DME_campaign.pack;
    • mod aum_emp_optional_graphics.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMFRA.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMGB.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMGEN.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMHOH.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMLIL.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMOTT.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMPRU.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMSWE.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMUSA.pack;

Ok cool thanks Swiss Halberdier, after some trial and error
    I managed to get these below working, so I don't have to use DM launcher which seems to wipe too many thing out for my liking.
    not sure all are necessary but...

Just for reference here's the list that works:

• mod DME_AUM.pack;
    • mod DME_darthmod.pack;
    • mod DME_UnitsPack.pack;
    • mod DME_Navy.pack;
    • mod DME_SkinPack.pack;
    • mod DME_BSM_ON.pack;
    • mod DME_Deploy_ON.pack;
    • mod DME_Grenades_ON.pack;
    • mod UPC_English.pack;
    • mod DME_Custom.pack;
    • mod DME_campaign.pack;
    • mod aum_emp_optional_graphics.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMFRA.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMGB.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMGEN.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMHOH.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMLIL.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMOTT.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMPRU.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMSWE.pack;
    • mod DME_DFMUSA.pack;
    Thanks Omny6 for your feedback and the list!

These files below don't need to be activated with the Mod Manager or added to the user script. These files load automatically if they are added to the Empire data folder.

UPC_English.pack
    aum_emp_optional_graphics.pack
    aum_emp_mod_optional_backpack_removal.pack
    (you don't use it, but I listed it for reference)

I edited my first post too with this information about the automatically loaded files.

As I see you use the
    DME_Grenades_ON.pack and you would have to manually enable this option in DME_AUM.pack, as I deactivated Grenades in AUM and gave to the Grenadiers instead the same unit size like elite Guard units.

I described how to enable Grenades in my tutorial here:

[Tutorial] How to customize unit packs

Basically all ON/OFF options from Darthmod only work by default on the core mods which are included in Darthmod. And these ON/OFF options work a bit special in terms of where they need to be put into the loading order.

DME_darthmod.pack is the core mod. And I guess if you want to enable manually ON/OFF mods from DM, then you would have to put these ON/OFF mods higher than the core mod within the mod loading order. That these ON/OFF mods basically overwrite with their own specific included database tables the tables of the core DME_darthmod.pack.

DME_AUM.pack can be still on top of the list as it doesn't touch any core DM tables.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Thanks Omny6 for your feedback and the list!

These files below don't need to be activated with the Mod Manager or added to the user script. These files load automatically if they are added to the Empire data folder.

UPC_English.pack
    aum_emp_optional_graphics.pack
    aum_emp_mod_optional_backpack_removal.pack
    (you don't use it, but I listed it for reference)

I edited my first post too with this information about the automatically loaded files.

As I see you use the
    DME_Grenades_ON.pack and you would have to manually enable this option in DME_AUM.pack, as I deactivated Grenades in AUM and gave to the Grenadiers instead the same unit size like elite Guard units.

I described how to enable Grenades in my tutorial here:

[Tutorial] How to customize unit packs

Basically all ON/OFF options from Darthmod only work by default on the core mods which are included in Darthmod. And these ON/OFF options work a bit special in terms of where they need to be put into the loading order.

DME_darthmod.pack is the core mod. And I guess if you want to enable manually ON/OFF mods from DM, then you would have to put these ON/OFF mods higher than the core mod within the mod loading order. That these ON/OFF mods basically overwrite with their own specific included database tables the tables of the core DME_darthmod.pack.

DME_AUM.pack can be still on top of the list as it doesn't touch any core DM tables.

Ahh I see, brilliant, most valuable information, thank you Swiss Halberdier
    The Tut is most useful too, cheers
    with that pretty much sorted now I have another question

Is it possible to port units from NTW over to ETW,
    more of a curiosity than anything

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Check out your gorgeous work Swiss, just beautiful,
    thought you may get a kick out of it, I certainly do
    Firing line sequence

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image002.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	457.2 KB 
ID:	343804

Name:	image003.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	419.4 KB 
ID:	343803

Name:	image004.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	377.3 KB 
ID:	343802

Ahh I see, brilliant, most valuable information, thank you Swiss Halberdier
    The Tut is most useful too, cheers
    with that pretty much sorted now I have another question

Is it possible to port units from NTW over to ETW,
    more of a curiosity than anything

Check out your gorgeous work Swiss, just beautiful,
    thought you may get a kick out of it, I certainly do
    Firing line sequence
    I didn't transfer units yet from NTW to ETW. But I know it can be done somehow and other modders did this already too.

Basically I will not add anymore content in terms of new units to my older mods as I got there all I wanted.

There will be probably updates in terms of balancing, optimizations and if needed fixes later this year. But I'm highly busy in real life at the moment.

Thanks for the pictures and glad you enjoy the AUM mods and great that my answers helped you!

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Hey thanks mate for your time and your help I really appreciate it, cheers and all the best

I'm trying to edit the stats of the tsar great cannon but i cant find it in any of the unit_stats_land tables or projectiles tables yet i can use it in the game. i can find the 64lb siege cannon and edit their stats but it doesnt seem to effect the 64lb tsar cannon. Where is it please help!!
    P.S. im using Dbeditor 1.8 is it only possible with pack file manager?

onmy6's Avatar Miles

I just had alook and it's in unit_stats_land tables under aum_unit_stats_land line 42 in mine, but not in the projectiles tables so it must use the default settings from CA for projectiles I would guess

would you know which type of cannons defaut settings its using? Like 6lb 12lb 24lb etc so i could edit that instead? And thanks for the reply!

I just had alook and it's in unit_stats_land tables under aum_unit_stats_land line 42 in mine, but not in the projectiles tables so it must use the default settings from CA for projectiles I would guess
    Hey thanks mate for your time and your help I really appreciate it, cheers and all the best
    Thanks a lot! Yes it uses the default vanilla projectile "siege_cannon_64_pounder".

Quote Originally Posted by Beppelascar View Post
    I'm trying to edit the stats of the tsar great cannon but i cant find it in any of the unit_stats_land tables or projectiles tables yet i can use it in the game. i can find the 64lb siege cannon and edit their stats but it doesnt seem to effect the 64lb tsar cannon. Where is it please help!!
    P.S. im using Dbeditor 1.8 is it only possible with pack file manager?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beppelascar View Post
    would you know which type of cannons defaut settings its using? Like 6lb 12lb 24lb etc so i could edit that instead? And thanks for the reply!
    I recommend to use the newest Pack File Manager.

hey Swiss Halberdier,

so i downloaded DME 8 and 8.1 after a few years of not playing and discoverd your mod
    im trying to use it but after I extracted "DME_AUM.pack" to the DME data folder,

HIDDEN FILES ARE VISIBLE* i cant do the next step of adding the text "mod DME_AUM.pack;mod DME_darthmod.pack;" to the "user.empire_script.txt" because I cant not see it in "AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts"

I have tried it in the DME launcher but user script wont launch and tried in the physical location, also i tried Empire mod manager but I get "unhandled exception has occurred in your application..." error when i launch that also...

everything I do is a brick wall lol

please help, DME is nothing without your mod
    Last edited by ShaolinBudo; May 04, 2017 at 09:55 AM.

FIXED* lol its because I didnt load up the game after I re-installed it, "user.empire_script.txt is now visible

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinBudo View Post
    FIXED* lol its because I didnt load up the game after I re-installed it, "user.empire_script.txt is now visible
    I just saw it now as I don't log into TWC each day. Good that it works now.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Swiss Halberdier, I am thoroughly enjoying your Additional Units Mod 3.5 (with Empire Total Factions and Bran Mac Born's BAI mod, on Hard campaign difficulty), playing as the United States.

I like the way that AUM adds units which are useful and not overpowered - such as US Volunteer Infantry Regiments, Guerrilla Mercenaries, Provincial Scouts and American Infantry Mercenaries, as well as privateers and other additional ships. It's good to see the AI factions recruiting the extra units and this adds variety and enjoyment to battles.

You mentioned that you might do further work on balancing later this year, when you have the time. So far, I have seen Spain recruit a lot of Guerrilla Mercenary units. I feel torn about this. On one hand, I like it because it adds variety (fighting an army which relies mainly on Guerrilla Mercenaries instead of Line Infantry offers a different challenge). On the other hand, perhaps it would be worth increasing the recruitment cost of Guerrilla Mercenaries by a small amount? I could be wrong - as I said, I like the variety which this adds to the game. Also, I am a bit surprised that War Galleons seem to have a lower firepower than ordinary Galleons (this is based on looking at the units on the campaign map, which I know can be misleading, since the firepower displayed in a sea battle is different.) At some point, I will try using a Galleon and a War Galleon, to compare their performance.

I highly recommend the Additional Units Mod to anyone who is considering trying it!
    Last edited by Alwyn; May 06, 2017 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Swiss Halberdier, I am thoroughly enjoying your Additional Units Mod 3.5 (with Empire Total Factions and Bran Mac Born's BAI mod, on Hard campaign difficulty), playing as the United States.

I like the way that AUM adds units which are useful and not overpowered - such as US Volunteer Infantry Regiments, Guerrilla Mercenaries, Provincial Scouts and American Infantry Mercenaries, as well as privateers and other additional ships. It's good to see the AI factions recruiting the extra units and this adds variety and enjoyment to battles.

You mentioned that you might do further work on balancing later this year, when you have the time. So far, I have seen Spain recruit a lot of Guerrilla Mercenary units. I feel torn about this. On one hand, I like it because it adds variety (fighting an army which relies mainly on Guerrilla Mercenaries instead of Line Infantry offers a different challenge). On the other hand, perhaps it would be worth increasing the recruitment cost of Guerrilla Mercenaries by a small amount? I could be wrong - as I said, I like the variety which this adds to the game. Also, I am a bit surprised that War Galleons seem to have a lower firepower than ordinary Galleons (this is based on looking at the units on the campaign map, which I know can be misleading, since the firepower displayed in a sea battle is different.) At some point, I will try using a Galleon and a War Galleon, to compare their performance.

I highly recommend the Additional Units Mod to anyone who is considering trying it!
    Thanks a lot Alwyn for your very nice words about AUM-EMP!

Thanks also for your good and detailed suggestions and I will take these in mind for further updates of the balance and the AI recruitment.

I'll write here now some explanations which are probably useful for all readers.

Yes the firepower values of the ships which can be seen in the campaign are unfortunately sometimes not the "real" ones which are used within a real battle or the autoresolving feature. This is a core Empire bug and hasn't been fixed. If you want to compare several units, then it's the easiest way to test the units within a custom battle.

Yes the balance is sometimes not so "visible" if we only compare the direct visible stats of each unit. In all my mods I took a general balancing approach which includes of course the directly visible stats, but also the "not so visible" relations for each unit in terms of their unit type class, their abilities and general combat behaviours which are given by the AI.

Unfortunately there are some restrictions in Empire and Napoleon how we modders can define which units and which amount of units are exactly recruited by the AI.

Basically I used three solutions to solve out these restrictions:
    1. set the unit limit for each custom unit
    2. the db table "aum_unit_class_to_population_class_priorities" defines how the armies are created in general
    3. costs + upkeep

But this is only an "approximately" rule as it depends of course if the faction has enough money and general income to maintain the upkeep. And it can diversify in each campaign and each difficulty level of course.

Hi I installed the vanilla version, and using the user script provided in the download.
    While playing the Warpath campaign with a native faction I didn't notice any new units.
    If I want to use this pack can I only do so in Grand Campaign mode? Anything special needded besides simply the aum_emp_mod.pack, the UPC_English.pack and the mentioned user script to have this work?
    I have no other mods installed, and mine is a recent install of ETW from Steam.