Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

ariete's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

excuse me, to check -up keep cost - of a unit, example - swiss grenadier -, i can see 2 different values if i right-click in the 'recruitment section' of a capitol region rather than if already made, so right-clicking on a existing unit of the same kind in the grand campaign map.
    though, maybe due to the bonus of the faction i playing about - up keep cost - of the army, so one tech card of description of the unit display the standard value, the other techinc card of description of the unit (i assume that i recall when clicking on an existing unit) make the calculations and give me the current value of -up cost- of that unit. is it correct? .. or i'm completly drunk today ...

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Could you make a version of this with no unit limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    Ok it's working, thanks.
    Good

Quote Originally Posted by ariete View Post
    excuse me, to check -up keep cost - of a unit, example - swiss grenadier -, i can see 2 different values if i right-click in the 'recruitment section' of a capitol region rather than if already made, so right-clicking on a existing unit of the same kind in the grand campaign map.
    though, maybe due to the bonus of the faction i playing about - up keep cost - of the army, so one tech card of description of the unit display the standard value, the other techinc card of description of the unit (i assume that i recall when clicking on an existing unit) make the calculations and give me the current value of -up cost- of that unit. is it correct? .. or i'm completly drunk today ...
    Yes exactly Empire calculates the real upkeep values after the recruitment related to the bonus of the faction. So if you click after the recruitment with right-click on the unit card, then you will see the exact upkeep for each unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooasaurus View Post
    Could you make a version of this with no unit limit?
    I made a tutorial for all players that they can customize the unit limits to their own wishes:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

"How to change the unit limits"

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Hello Swiss,

I was playing 3.4 as Prussia this morning and noticed that when I built the Brandenburg Gate in Prussia, the veterancy of the units I could recruit dropped rather than increased as I would expect. For instance, the 'Life Guard' from the previous building (Army Staff College?) were recruited with 2 x Chevrons, but after building the Brandenburg Gate the Life Guard are plan zero-vet units.

I updated to 3.5 to see if this would have been fixed, but it seems it might have been missed.

I am going to try and use the method described here (As long as I can find the ID of the LG!)

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...ment_buildings

Edit: I believe I fixed it! It's actually not an AUM unit - It is a Vanillka unit so it was in the main DME_darthmod.pack, line 2401 of the table mentioned in the tutorial above. I have increased from zero to three

Edit 2: Nope.... Seems as if it dis not work, for whatever reason.... Do I need to tick the 'enabled' flag? I would have thought so, but I do not see any other 'enabled' flags ticked?

All I did was change the number from 0 to 3. I am assuming this is the correct life guard unit...
    Last edited by Badger-dude; January 15, 2017 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Hello Swiss,

I was playing 3.4 as Prussia this morning and noticed that when I built the Brandenburg Gate in Prussia, the veterancy of the units I could recruit dropped rather than increased as I would expect. For instance, the 'Life Guard' from the previous building (Army Staff College?) were recruited with 2 x Chevrons, but after building the Brandenburg Gate the Life Guard are plan zero-vet units.

I updated to 3.5 to see if this would have been fixed, but it seems it might have been missed.

I am going to try and use the method described here (As long as I can find the ID of the LG!)

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...ment_buildings

Edit: I believe I fixed it! It's actually not an AUM unit - It is a Vanillka unit so it was in the main DME_darthmod.pack, line 2401 of the table mentioned in the tutorial above. I have increased from zero to three

Edit 2: Nope.... Seems as if it dis not work, for whatever reason.... Do I need to tick the 'enabled' flag? I would have thought so, but I do not see any other 'enabled' flags ticked?

All I did was change the number from 0 to 3. I am assuming this is the correct life guard unit...
    Yes there aren't any other flags activated in this table and you don't have to set the "enabled" flag that it works.

I guess the vanilla unit Life Guard isn't edited by Darthmod in any *building_units_allowed table and therefore this value comes from the vanilla table building_units_allowed which is in the vanilla file main.pack. As you can see there are lots of units from vanilla which have only a value of zero and unfortunately regardless of the level of the building.

So, uh, this may just be me making a really noobish mistake because I haven't done much with Empire in a while, but here goes: I decided to install your mod for Darthmod tonight and now... none of the nations Darthmod added (iirc) are listed in the quick battles or the new campaign screens. Like I said, it could just have been me making a stupid mistake and selecting something wrong: it's been ages since I played much Empire, and probably at least a year since I fiddled with Darthmod's settings, but it's 1 AM here, I'm kinda tired, and I can't seem to find a solution, so any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvenski View Post
    So, uh, this may just be me making a really noobish mistake because I haven't done much with Empire in a while, but here goes: I decided to install your mod for Darthmod tonight and now... none of the nations Darthmod added (iirc) are listed in the quick battles or the new campaign screens. Like I said, it could just have been me making a stupid mistake and selecting something wrong: it's been ages since I played much Empire, and probably at least a year since I fiddled with Darthmod's settings, but it's 1 AM here, I'm kinda tired, and I can't seem to find a solution, so any help would be appreciated.
    This is strange that the factions are gone in the menu as AUM-EMP doesn't change anything related to adding/removing factions.

Did you replace the current version 3.5 of the file DME_AUM.pack in your Empire data folder? Did you also copied the current UPC_English.pack into
    your Empire data folder and removed the DMUC_*UPC*.pack language files?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

Did you edit the file user.empire_script.txt here "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts" and added the related
    line?

mod DME_AUM.pack;

This can be done also within the DARTHMOD EMPIRE LAUNCHER, where you can edit the script file in the menu.

Probably you could upload screenshots of your data folder, script file and/or Menu that I see what could be wrong.

My Data folder:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The language file I removed was called DME_UPC_v6_3.pack.

My Scripts folder:

I used Darthmod's launcher to edit in the scripts, so they're listed in user.dme_script:

I may have just screwed something up last night. I activated another, unrelated, DME submod last night before I installed AUM. When I went to play the game after installing AUM, I kept getting crashes, and thought AUM was responsible, so I was fiddling with all sorts of things (the scripts, installing/deleting language files, etc.) before I realized the other submod was causing the problems. Anyway, all that fussing about may have caused the problems I'm having now. I'm just not sure what to do to correct it.

I may have just screwed something up last night. I activated another, unrelated, DME submod last night before I installed AUM. When I went to play the game after installing AUM, I kept getting crashes, and thought AUM was responsible, so I was fiddling with all sorts of things (the scripts, installing/deleting language files, etc.) before I realized the other submod was causing the problems. Anyway, all that fussing about may have caused the problems I'm having now. I'm just not sure what to do to correct it.
    Thanks for this good report. Your data and script folder look good as they are. All important files regarding DME and AUM are there.

Did you remove any entries in the user.dme_script?

If yes try to add them again and just put DME_AUM.pack on top of it. Normally there should be somewhere a backup within the DME folder or where you placed the installation files before installing them.

If your game crashes you could re-download changed "vanilla" files and verify the integrity of the game:

> Open Steam > click on my games > right-click on Empire > left-click on properties > then look for the Local files tab and click on Verify the integrity of the game cache

There you can re-check the integrity of your Empire files. It takes some time, but after updating you have again all proper vanilla files.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Did you remove any entries in the user.dme_script?

If yes try to add them again and just put DME_AUM.pack on top of it. Normally there should be somewhere a backup within the DME folder or where you placed the installation files before installing them.
    Oh, crap. I might have. I can't really remember all the things I was trying last night.

CenturionMBT24's Avatar Laetus
    Central region of the Commonwealth of Virginia

Empire is unplayable without this Mod. Thanks for helping me get it to work S.H. Makes Sweden a lot more fun to play and a lot more challenging when you fight an Austria with Grenadier Guards and you only have Line Infantry.

Oh, crap. I might have. I can't really remember all the things I was trying last night.
    If you don't find the backup copy of the Darthmod script anymore, then I guess that if you select other options within the Darthmod Menu launcher, then the script file will be generated again and then you can add the related AUM-EMP entry on top of the list. If this doesn't help you would have to de-install the big Darthmod mod and then re-install it again. Then you can edit the Darthmod script again. Then copy the AUM-EMP files and the UPC-EMP file again into the data folder. After this do the "Verify integrity of the game files" again to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CenturionMBT24 View Post
    Empire is unplayable without this Mod. Thanks for helping me get it to work S.H. Makes Sweden a lot more fun to play and a lot more challenging when you fight an Austria with Grenadier Guards and you only have Line Infantry.
    Thanks a lot Centurion!

If you don't find the backup copy of the Darthmod script anymore, then I guess that if you select other options within the Darthmod Menu launcher, then the script file will be generated again and then you can add the related AUM-EMP entry on top of the list. If this doesn't help you would have to de-install the big Darthmod mod and then re-install it again. Then you can edit the Darthmod script again. Then copy the AUM-EMP files and the UPC-EMP file again into the data folder. After this do the "Verify integrity of the game files" again to be sure.
    Alright. Thanks, man.

ariete's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by CenturionMBT24 View Post
    Empire is unplayable without this Mod.
    so i started well .. nice to know because i started the first serious campaign with this.
    by the way, it's a bit a universal rule vanillas sucks. likely exist vey good guys who work on the games and make the game much playable and exciting often also expand the potentiality of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ariete View Post
    so i started well .. nice to know because i started the first serious campaign with this.
    by the way, it's a bit a universal rule vanillas sucks. likely exist vey good guys who work on the games and make the game much playable and exciting often also expand the potentiality of the game.
    Thanks a lot ariete!

Swiss Halberdier, I couldn`t test you mod, unfortunately. I try the last 3 hours to get it to run. I copy the aum_emp_mod.pack in the EMpire data Folder and the UPC_German.pack too. I install the Empire Mod Manager and mark both with a cross, there an no Conflicts, but when Empire starts, it crash. (I play without any mods (vanilla)). Pls help me

Quote Originally Posted by dennismobile View Post
    Swiss Halberdier, I couldn`t test you mod, unfortunately. I try the last 3 hours to get it to run. I copy the aum_emp_mod.pack in the EMpire data Folder and the UPC_German.pack too. I install the Empire Mod Manager and mark both with a cross, there an no Conflicts, but when Empire starts, it crash. (I play without any mods (vanilla)). Pls help me
    Welcome to the TWC forums dennismobile!

Can you please go again through the whole Installation instructions process. I wrote it below for the AUM-EMP vanilla version.

If the Mod Manager doesn't work, then please try the steps below which are described to create the custom user.empire_script.txt to load mods.

Installation instructions:

1. download AUM-EMP vanilla version and unpack the files to a folder

2. copy the file aum_emp_mod.pack (vanilla version) to your Empire data folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

Create or edit the file user.empire_script.txt in this folder:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

You must save the script file in UNICODE.

Please put the AUM-EMP entry on top of the script file if you use other mods.

Add this line below if you play the VANILLA version:

mod aum_emp_mod.pack;

It could be that your Windows Explorer doesn't show the file extension like .txt. This can be activated in the "Folder Options" of the Windows Explorer.

- Go to the settings in your Windows Explorer
    - Go to the "Folder Options" > Tab "View"
    - Scroll down until you see "Hidden Folders and Files"
    - There you can enable "Hidden Folders, Files and Drives"

4. Language information:

The UPC-EMP mod is mandatory that the unit names and descriptions show up in the game. Empire will crash if you don't use UPC-EMP together with AUM-EMP.

You can switch your language in the Steam options of Empire.

UPC-EMP thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442

onmy6's Avatar Miles

I've found when you play darthmod and alter the dme-script file, it just Zero's it any way, when you exit the game it's gone, so I was curious so I fired it up (game/mod wise) paused the game and DME mod files are there, so It re-writes the script during every new start not just the initial start, consequently any alterations initially done are wiped on start and exit

that also brings me to a question do I need the UPC pack if I'm using DME as well? and if yes do I then dump DME versions of UPC?

BTW still play ur mod on NTW but then I saw you had one for ETW (which is my favorite TW game) so I had to have it so I'm using DME and Your AUM-ETW mod

Thanks Swiss Halberdier ps sorry if some of it;s a bit gibberish I's late here in NZ
    Last edited by onmy6; March 02, 2017 at 05:25 AM. Reason: idiot

Yeah use the upc from this mod, then delete the darthmod upcs so that you only have 1.