Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff and Shine 2.4: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Default Re: Buff and Shine 1.3: New Factions, Changed Recruitment and more

Re uploaded the hotfix fixed the corruption

The Past post has been fixed and uploaded change

Ctd again playing with fix in post No 273. My save: https://www.easypaste.org/file/jglY7...ve.sav?lang=pl

Quote Originally Posted by Araven View Post
    Ctd again playing with fix in post No 273. My save: https://www.easypaste.org/file/jglY7...ve.sav?lang=pl
    Could you post the log please? When I load this save up it works fine for 6 turns. Perhaps try downloading the Hotfix?

My log is very big, i try new Hotfix. Thanks.

75 turns no CTD (Makuria). Good balance, thanks.

Ctd in 1251 year. Byzantium. My log. https://www.easypaste.org/file/v2dxg...gs.rar?lang=pl Shortly after the event with the Mamluks in Egypt. I played a very long time without ctd.

Hey Weekend General, I've been playing with your Feb 23 Hotfix and personally had no ctd's. As I have added a lot of personal changes to multiple files I am loath to grab the feb 25-26 release of your Hotfix and start over. Mind if you provide me pointers on what you changed in your Hotfix version 2 and where can I simply copy those parts and paste it in my personally modified version of BC? Also, are those changes impossible to implement without a new game? Thanks for any help.

Hey WeekendGeneral, do you know of a way to automatically implement g5's battle ai for all battles without needing to click the advisor button?

Marplatense's Avatar Libertus

This mod is very good. But need some interesting improvements:

- Reemergent facction
    - Religion more hard. For example, being a Christian and taking a Muslim population with 10% of Catholicism practically does not generate any discomfort in the population. It is too easy to take cities and people do not protest.
    - Garrison script. The AI ​​often leaves empty settlements or with only one troop.
    - On the other hand I see that AI generates many assassins and merchants, but no spies and especially priests.
    - The IA in campaing map has only one goal, to attack, to attack and to attack. He spends attacking its neighbors or by sending boats to attack distant coasts without sense. At some point we can find a faction with 5 or 6 enemies and some of them just because a boat blockade its port. In my present departure the Byzantines are being exterminated by the Turks, and they send a fleet to declare the war to me (Kingdom of Jerusalem). Its crazy

The Broken Crescent is a excellent mod. But need too much polished. As implemented in Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP).

Excuse me english.

Hello. I translated some of the files in text. After you have restored the original English text, round logs which I put passed and no ctd. I let a couple of turns on a partially Polish text and it is ok. Bellum Crucis if ctd change to the original text often helped. I agree with comments above Colleague ai is too aggressive on VH sometimes. Turks in Anatolia and Georgia usually quickly fall. Byzanium is usually quickly strongest. I played several campaigns and so it was. Although it ai can surprise. Sometimes annoying is how much he wants peace and for the moment blocking the port or attacking us. It produces according to me a lot of agents, including priests. Well-game assassins sabotage. Not expect submod. I do them myself but not as extensive. Thanks for your efforts. Sorry for my english.
    Hello. I translated some of the files in text. After you have restored the original English text, round logs which I put passed and no ctd. I let a couple of turns on a partially Polish text and it is ok. Bellum Crucis if ctd change to the original text often helped. I agree with comments above Colleague ai is too aggressive on VH sometimes. Turks in Anatolia and Georgia usually quickly fall. Byzanium is usually quickly strongest. I played several campaigns and so it was. Although it ai can surprise. Sometimes annoying is how much he wants peace and for the moment blocking the port or attacking us. It produces according to me a lot of agents, including priests. Well-game assassins sabotage. Not expect submod. I do them myself but not as extensive. Thanks for your efforts.

Guys, I just want to ask, has anyone played as the Khitans? When does the Khitan conversion event start and when can one get to build stuff like Buddhist monasteries?

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Hey Weekend General, I've been playing with your Feb 23 Hotfix and personally had no ctd's. As I have added a lot of personal changes to multiple files I am loath to grab the feb 25-26 release of your Hotfix and start over. Mind if you provide me pointers on what you changed in your Hotfix version 2 and where can I simply copy those parts and paste it in my personally modified version of BC? Also, are those changes impossible to implement without a new game? Thanks for any help.
    I'd recommend using Kdiff3 and that way you then see every change that I have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Guys, I just want to ask, has anyone played as the Khitans? When does the Khitan conversion event start and when can one get to build stuff like Buddhist monasteries?
    I've haven't touched the Khitans religion conversion they are unchanged from BC 2.4

I enjoy the aggressiveness of the AI if you would prefer it less so I would recommend playing on a lower difficulty.

Released a new patch addressing missing noble titles, script errors and some changes to descr_strat.

Here it is:

https://www.mediafire.com/?irbaeuba7uevm7e

That's the thing Weekendgeneral, how DOES the conversion event go, even in original BC? I've only ever played yours and I remember going 60 turns playing as Khitans without it triggering. Any pointers?

Marplatense's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendGeneral View Post
    I enjoy the aggressiveness of the AI if you would prefer it less so I would recommend playing on a lower difficulty.

I do not disagree with the agressiveness of AI. What I say is that it seeks to attack constantly, even on the brink of its destruction, and attacking factions that are not even frontier. Can have 5 or 6 enemies, be on the edge of its destruction, and not signed truces, nor the proposes, it only that makes is attack.

you should add these 3 units to the Kypchak recruitment in the campaign, they were left out of the edb for some reason but everything else is there (unit cards, models, textures, in the bmdb, etc.)
    recruit_pool "kypchak medium lancers" 0 0.25 2 0 requires factions { portugal, } - level 2,3,4
    recruit_pool "kypchak heavy lancers" 0 0.25 1 0 requires factions { portugal, } -level 3,4
    recruit_pool "kypchak elite horse archer" 0 0.25 1 0 requires factions { portugal, } -level 3,4

turkhorde's Avatar Foederatus

It works fine for me, and I think you've done a great job with the sub-mod. I'm just running into one small problem; every single time an opposing faction besieges and then attacks one of my settlement, and I choose to play it real-time on the battle map, the game always crashes the second I press "Start Battle." This happens on every siege where I'm defending the settlement.