Thread: Mental Toughness 2.2b

Raffula's Avatar Libertus

Default Mental Toughness 2.2b

Hello people

i know that behind the units stas there are study, balance, and other good reasons, but we know that the m2tw engine, specially the BAI, aren't so good.. this reflect in very easy battle also on VH.. the enemy sometime don't make good maneuvres, don't use appropriate formation, this leads to immediate fleet...

in my last cartaghe campaign, i've invaded italy with Hamilcar Barca (8 star general).. my army wasn't so strong, not with a lot of cav, neither elite unit..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    2 unit of citizen militia disposed on one long line making the front, ranged units behind them
    2 unit for flank of lohaim lyb
    1 HaDorkim
    1 dorkim kan
    1general (one flank)
    1 light cav (on the other flank)

i've fought more than 15 large battle, against roman full stacks leaded by FM, with a lot of elite units of triari, etruscan oplites etc... all the battles results as immediates enemy routs.. sometimes enemy elite units neither get to fight...

so i'm looking for touhness enemy, i know that the rout is part of a battle, is realistic and hystorical (i'm reading "de bello gallico" and all the Cesar's campaign is an enemy fleet ), but with this low morale, using some basic flanking tactics also battle against stronger, larger, more trained army results easy and with very low casualities...

in this (very simple) modification i've increased by 2 points the morale of every units (and i think is not enought), the enemy results more resistant and the melee combat more tough and longer..

try this and please give your opinion (now i'm trying a hayastan campaign, after i'm thinking to increase by more 1-2 points)

http://d.pr/f/1giVz

simply copy and overwrite on EB2/data folder

i'm not sure but think is better create a new map.rwm

Default Re: Mental Toughness 2.2b

Thanks mate, I think I'll give this submod a try. I thought I'd give EB II another go recently and found the same as you; enemies route extremely easily on Hard BAI and even their elite troops barely put up a fight. This could be exactly what I'm looking for
    - As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University -

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Mental Toughness 2.2b

Would like to try, but cannot download.