Page 1 of 444 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Videos Thread!

Default The Videos Thread!

Please use this thread to post and discuss humorous Youtube videos. Also, refrain from one-word responses that add nothing to the discussion. Thanks!

Check it out:

Truly,iphone is everything I need!!!
    Last edited by Antissa; July 09, 2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Changed title to include all YouTube vids
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

Average British Student

Default Re: iphone is here!!!...I rofl!!

Great Laugh but seen it before but still funny

Lol, sideburns.. Saw this on Conan a while back
    Muahah, you just wasted 3 seconds of your life!

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Funny.

But about the (real) "iPhone"
    It's just a mobile phone with a MP3 player, right?
    Then how does it make it different from my 2 year old Nokia 6230i? (which has a MP3 player, FM radio, and Camera)

Spart's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Funny.

Then how does it make it different from my 2 year old Nokia 6230i? (which has a MP3 player, FM radio, and Camera)
    There are other stuff too I hear (don't know if it's useful or not though, GPS?). The main difference is that there's the small i-letter in the name which adds $200 to the price and +3 to overall coolness.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Sřren Kierkegaard

Harđurāđaz's Avatar Senator

Lol

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Funny.

It also has a full face touch screen, plays videos, internet browser, and runs a version of OSX.

and some pretty cool features, like a visual list of your voicemail, integration with voicemail, one touch dialing, etc. It will no doubt cost a ton, but if my phone provider gets it I will at least have a look.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    It also has a full face touch screen, plays videos, internet browser, and runs a version of OSX.

and some pretty cool features, like a visual list of your voicemail, integration with voicemail, one touch dialing, etc. It will no doubt cost a ton, but if my phone provider gets it I will at least have a look.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

So it's basically a PDA with a phone function.
    The interface looks cool, though.

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

What a ripp off. My Orange M600 spv phone does all of the iphone's functions. the only difference is the iphone looks fancier, you only use your finger and mine was only Ł350.

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

Funny.

well done! you see erik is one of the few people who i dont think is an idiot, everyone is into this apple hype, and thinking its amazing, when realy its not. just a phone with an mp3 player.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

So it's basically a PDA with a phone function.
    The interface looks cool, though.
    Exactly what it is.

well done! you see erik is one of the few people who i dont think is an idiot, everyone is into this apple hype, and thinking its amazing, when realy its not. just a phone with an mp3 player.
    It's not that this is some innovative breakthrough, its simply the best at what it does, with the best interface.

For everyone who buys blindly into "apple hype" there is someone who hates apple just because it's popular.

However, I won't get one in the first generation, but will keep watching them to see where they go from here.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by LoZz View Post
    erik is one of the few people who i dont think is an idiot
    Well, there's something I don't hear every day.
    Thanks

Now I just need to convince the rest of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    It's not that this is some innovative breakthrough, its simply the best at what it does, with the best interface.
    Fair enough.

But then the media should not be echoing Apple's advertisement rap, such as:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    "Revolutionary Phone"
    "Breaktrough Internet Device"
    "High Technology"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher View Post
    the only difference is the iphone looks fancier, you only use your finger
    Only use your fingers? :hmmm: What body parts was I supposed to use in the past 10 years? my tongue? my nose? my .... (I dare not ask).
    Last edited by Erik; February 09, 2007 at 10:51 AM.

Felix's Avatar Mameluk

Apple make high-quality products that very rarely break in any major way, especially considering that unlike PCs with Windows and mp3 players with poorly-made non-proprietary OSes both their hardware and their software are tailored to one another. iPods are quality gear and Macs are necessities for most professional artists, designers and musicians. They're also very simple to use for the most part.

The downside to this is that Macs are almost totally non-upgradeable, can't play the vast majority of videogames, don't have quite the same versatility in their OS that PCs do and hideously more expensive than the competition. Moreover, because of their cost and status as professional tools they're a minority pursuit (increasing, but minority nonetheless), and engender both elitism and extreme defensiveness in their followers.

Apple won so hard with the iPod because they hit that market long, long before anyone else did. The iPhone, on the other hand, is not bringing that much new to the market in net-capable, mp3-playing, fully-PC-integrated phones that you can use to grate your cheese; as such, it hardly deserves mockery, as I'm sure it'll be well-made, but nor does it deserve the praise that will no doubt be lavished upon it by the followers of Jobs.

P.S. Isn't it spelt iRofl?
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Durham University Treasure Trap - Having More Fun Since 1263

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    but still the dark stain spreads between their shoulder-blades
    a mute reminder of the poppy-fields and graves
    and when the fight was over
    we spent what they had made
    but in the bottom of our hearts we felt the final cut

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Only use your fingers? :hmmm: What body parts was I supposed to use in the past 10 years? my tongue? my nose? my .... (I dare not ask).
    Well if you watch their promo video you'd understand the iphone is infact breaking into the pocket pc market as well as the phone and smartphone market. The Iphone in effect is like my phone, more of a pocket pc than anything but instead of using a stylus like mine they have patented a new technology in which you can use complicated hand gestures to navigate mac os x on this pc that happens to double as a phone, (the same as mine lol). The thing thats even funnier is that my phone is like a pc (ironicly the iphone is like a mac and very rigid) so guess what? You can install maz osx on my phone lol. So as I sat through the video the only differences I could make out were, a slimmer build, a widescreen higher resolution screen and a nifty gesture thingy. Although that is all pretty new and cool the basis of the idea has already been on the market for quite some time as bussiness phones so not in full view of the general public. So I think that apple are just being clever and taking a very cool not too well know gadget and selling it to the masses as a 'revolutionary' phone. Although the only real revolutionary thing about it is the patented gestures system. Sounds very much like apple to me

@Felix - I cannot see how you see apple products to be of good quality. Rofl a friend of a friend is a collections person for apple who collects ipods in my area to be repaired. Yes, it is his job and he collects hundreds per week, hundreds lol. Although I am not going on anybodies side here I do think that the mac is a wonderfuly made system and the linux op is even better. The problem behind the success of these things though imo is the company Apple itself The main reason you can not get any decent software for the mac is because you have to buy into a licence to write it whereas windows is free anyway lol. I also dislike the way apple advertise, especialy of late if you have seen their recent adverts. Athough they are funny they are taking advantage of people who are just going to look at the adverts and think macs are better. I mean all, all of the points could be countered lol. Why do macs have no viruses? Cos who's going to spend time programing viruses to hack into 3% of computer users Anyway this is the end of my rant for now cya

PS: I will leave you with evidence of the abilities, price, and age of my own phone and let you make your own minds up :

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/article649.html

You can give me a huge list of the functions of the iphone and i bet i can match it (there are also a huge wealth of downloadable programs available for windows mobile so it keeps it's advantage over apple's systems in this way on phones as well as pc's) i have installed, skype and msn messenger for starters so it goes to show how functional it is
    Last edited by Vanquisher; February 09, 2007 at 03:15 PM.

Come on guys...this isn't really an iphone discussion thread
    Just enjoy the video
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

Average British Student

Default Bush & Blair Do Karaoke

Sunday Bloody Sunday, performed by George Bush himself!

Sunday Bloody Sunday is of course a classic song by U2 from the 1983 album War. The song is about the Bloody Sunday incident that happened in Northern Ireland in 1972 where 26 civil rights protesters were shot by members of the British Army.

Tony Blair rocks out with Should I Stay or Should I Go!

Well Bush got his chance to shine with Sunday Bloody Sunday and now it is Tony Blair’s chance to rock out with The Clash’s 1981 hit Should I Stay or Should I Go!

Source

Default Re: Bush & Blair Do Karaoke

ahahhahahahahahah great!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like very much Blair Performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you put up a video like that?

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Great, but don't forget Condoleezza Rice

OMG Bloody Awesome!!!!!!