Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Attila get any more patches/content?

Default Will Attila get any more patches/content?

I'm a long time Total War player and I purchased Attila when it came out, but haven't gotten to it yet. I finally have time to start playing a little, but before I download it I wanted to ask if anyone thinks there will be another patch or has CA already given up on Attila. I know patches are downloaded through Steam, but I don't want to start the game if a patch is possible in the near future. I understand that no one here may know the answer, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it. Thanks.

Default Re: Will Attila get any more patches/content?

There will be probably one maybe two more DLCs coming out. When that happens they'll release some small bug fixes that noone cares about and call it a patch. If you're waiting for a big patch to start playing it won't be coming.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

WE know at least one DLC is coming and there might be a tiny patch just to make that work with games that have that DLC and those that don`t. But evidenced by all the effort CA are putting into their dumb Arena and Warhammer you can forget anything of substance for Atilla. The money for them is now elsewhere. They won`t make any more effort than is absolutely necessary.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Acording to Steam DB 5 out of 7 DLCs came out for Attila.My guess is 1 or 2 culture packs with slavs and sarmatian factions or 1 or 2 campaign DLCs with the Rise of Islam or if Ca wants to go to Charlamine in 800ad but they are too lazy to do it.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    The money for them is now elsewhere. They won`t make any more effort than is absolutely necessary.
    dumb Arena and Warhammer
    Lmao you're so salty.

There will probs be a DLC coupled with a FLC coming at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    Acording to Steam DB 5 out of 7 DLCs came out for Attila.
    This. Since FLCs don't count, then at least two DLCs will be revealed soon, unless CA changed its plans for some unkown reasons. I doubt that we're gonna see a Rashidun or Charlemagne DLC, since they require a lot of work, which doesn't match the DLC creteria. Personally, I'd expect a Slavic DLC (possibly including non-Slavic tribes, like the Magyars), which is a guaranteed financial success for the Eastern European market and either a unit DLC (e.g. priests of war, with Persian Magi pulling the beard of Arian priests) or another campaign DLC (Arthur without the minimoys). Two DLCs of the same type is very unlikely, imo.

Well I personally think something in the east is coming for sure, and a patch to make the game less taxing on the CPU when you are fighting 20vs20 (especially in a city) would be very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Lmao you're so salty.

There will probs be a DLC coupled with a FLC coming at some point.
    I'm not sure if salty is the correct word when he is completely justified in his statement. Attila did not sell as well as they hoped, so they don't see the need to continental to support it other than releasing overpriced DLCs every so often. It's only logical that they would shift their attention to their next projects hoping that they will perform better, it just sucks for the people wanting a superior product

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    Well I personally think something in the east is coming for sure, and a patch to make the game less taxing on the CPU when you are fighting 20vs20 (especially in a city) would be very welcome
    Agreed, this game runs like garbage and could do good with some real optimisation

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    This. Since FLCs don't count, then at least two DLCs will be revealed soon, unless CA changed its plans for some unkown reasons. I doubt that we're gonna see a Rashidun or Charlemagne DLC, since they require a lot of work, which doesn't match the DLC creteria. Personally, I'd expect a Slavic DLC (possibly including non-Slavic tribes, like the Magyars), which is a guaranteed financial success for the Eastern European market and either a unit DLC (e.g. priests of war, with Persian Magi pulling the beard of Arian priests) or another campaign DLC (Arthur without the minimoys). Two DLCs of the same type is very unlikely, imo.
    Any type of unit DLC would set CA up for some of the worst criticism ever...the last thing they need is to release another "Beasts of War"

The Magyars are nothing more than an Easter Egg faction in Attila and have nothing to do with the time frame. Only Hungarian people believe that they were riding around as Attila's right hand warriors. Now, the game's lead designer is Hungarian and CA has already shown themselves more than willing to release uninteresting, unwanted, and totally useless factions (aka the Suebi) so I would not be totally surprised if the Magyars were ever released as some kind of FLC.

You think that the negative feedback to "Beasts of War" was bad .... watch what would happen if CA released something about King Arthur. Some people would really love it, sure but they'd be drowned out by the voices of the people who see it as pure stupidity/boredom/mythology. We already have a campaign about Romans vs. Germanic tribes. It's called "The Last Roman"

I am willing to bet that we're going to get a Slavic factions cultural pack (The Anteans, Sclavenians, and Venedi are already shown together during the end turn sequence) probably alongside a FLC that fixes the Alans/Sarmatians and the last DLC is going to be a Grand Campaign scenario that gives us Heraclius + Rise of Islam (probably with some playable Arab/African factions) It would be a good way to close the book on Attila and for CA to save face on a game that could have been amazing had they not wasted their energy and resources on crap like Arena and Warhammer.
    Last edited by Darios; August 16, 2015 at 02:14 PM.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I wouldn't mind CA adding more Foederati to WRE's roster. And some optimisation fixes. Once I get over 10,000 men in one battle it starts to lag, I admit I am playing with double unit sizes but it would be nice :3

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Any type of unit DLC would set CA up for some of the worst criticism ever...the last thing they need is to release another "Beasts of War"

The Magyars are nothing more than an Easter Egg faction in Attila and have nothing to do with the time frame. Only Hungarian people believe that they were riding around as Attila's right hand warriors. Now, the game's lead designer is Hungarian and CA has already shown themselves more than willing to release uninteresting, unwanted, and totally useless factions (aka the Suebi) so I would not be totally surprised if the Magyars were ever released as some kind of FLC.

You think that the negative feedback to "Beasts of War" was bad .... watch what would happen if CA released something about King Arthur. Some people would really love it, sure but they'd be drowned out by the voices of the people who see it as pure stupidity/boredom/mythology. We already have a campaign about Romans vs. Germanic tribes. It's called "The Last Roman"

I am willing to bet that we're going to get a Slavic factions cultural pack (The Anteans, Sclavenians, and Venedi are already shown together during the end turn sequence) probably alongside a FLC that fixes the Alans/Sarmatians and the last DLC is going to be a Grand Campaign scenario that gives us Heraclius + Rise of Islam (probably with some playable Arab/African factions) It would be a good way to close the book on Attila and for CA to save face on a game that could have been amazing had they not wasted their energy and resources on crap like Arena and Warhammer.
    Same for me also. The rise of islam in the east ended the old world order in the east just like the Huns and the barbarians in the West. Same impact and the same monumental change for the world

Edit: starting date 632ad the arabs to start with 8 horde armies and a 2nd arab settled faction with 6 regions for the grand campaign will balance the game on the campaign map. And the settled arab faction to be playable. Thats will be the opposite like in the TLR campaign dlc with The Roman Expecition
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; August 16, 2015 at 03:45 PM.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

I have to read more into Heraclius' era, but just as long as it's a GC map, I'm happy with almost any conceivable DLC in the time frame 400-800. If they really wanted to minimize resources, I don't think anyone would complain if there was a culture pack with a GC of Justinian. Just an idea, but TLR owners would get the GC also, or even make it FLC with playable Slavs for the DLC.
    Last edited by Lugotorix; August 16, 2015 at 07:45 PM.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    Same for me also. The rise of islam in the east ended the old world order in the east just like the Huns and the barbarians in the West. Same impact and the same monumental change for the world
    This is a very important point that I think more people should come to grips with. With the Longbeards, Vikings, Celts, Suebi FLC, and TLR we have more than enough DLC to tell the story about the end of the ancient order in the West and the rise of the new kingdoms there. I really hope that CA uses the last two DLC to try to tell the story of how antiquity ended in the East (The arrival of the Slavs + the rise of Islam.)

I was looking at a thread on the official forums on someone asking for a Slavic Cultural Pack and people were really criticizing him due to "Eastern European nationalism" or some other retarded excuse people use to make up for their lack of historical knowledge about the region. As late as 600-610, the Eastern Romans were still trying to defend the Danubian frontier in a very "classical Roman" fashion. It was only after the Slavic landfall in the Balkans did the empire

1) Lose access to its Latin speaking population along the Danube Limes - henceforth giving the empire an overwhelming Greek ethnic character. Previously - many emperors (i.e. Justinian) were Latin speaking Thracian/Dacian-Romans.

2) The loss of the Danube Limes + Syria and Egypt forced the empire to completely change its military structure. The old late Roman system (comitatenses/limitanei) was converted to the thematic system. You'd finally have a historical justification for using "Tagmatic Cavalry" in game )
    Last edited by Darios; August 16, 2015 at 10:48 PM.

DLC plans depend on sales, not on what is closer to history. Magyars have no place in 5th century Europe, but CA is more concerned with the Hungarian market than with the few hisotrians interested in NE Europe or the Ossetians. Same goes for the Arthur DLC. I find the Rise of Islam far more interesting than the insignificant adventures of a legendary figure, but everyone knows about Arthur and very few know even the name of one of the first four Caliphs.

DLC plans depend on sales, not on what is closer to history.
    Magyars have no place in 5th century Europe, but CA is more concerned with the Hungarian market
    Hungary's population is 9 million. Russia's is 143 million. I do not need to get into Poland, Bulgaria, Belarus, Ukraine, etc. I think that the Slavic market trumps the Hungarian market.

...with the few hisotrians interested in NE Europe or the Ossetians.
    You'd be surprised how fascinated Eastern Europeans are about the Sarmatians/Alans/Ossetians. There is a wealth of literature on them in Soviet and Russian archaeological circles. Ukrainians even have plausible theories that they are largely descended from Scytho-Sarmatians that were Slavicized through the Antes. CA's depiction of the Alans/Sarmatians is a joke.

...everyone knows about Arthur
    That phrase has almost become cliche. In any regard...Where was King Arthur born? In which year? Who was his father?
    Last edited by Darios; August 17, 2015 at 04:47 AM.

We can expect other campaign DLC, most of the people are asking for that. Islam? Will be cool, but... Arthur, well, we can be sure about that. Honestly I prefer a ERE-Sassanid wars campaign, with a map like TLR, but in the east, thats will be awesome. To be honest, we can expect one campaign DLC, one facion pack DLC, and a FLC about another germanic faction. I prefer two campaigns, even an Arthurian campaign, why? more gameplay than a three factions with WOW! Two new units!!, new modding resources (I love create new campaigns in my mods). If CA make the right thing, they will release two campaigns, they have more sales than cultural pack. More work? Yes, but better success.

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

That phrase has almost become cliche. In any regard...Where was King Arthur born? In which year? Who was his father?
    It's more the permeation of Arthurian legend into mainstream culture...

Bonus:

Last edited by Sharpe; August 17, 2015 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    It's more the permeation of Arthurian legend into mainstream culture...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bonus:

I studied British literature in high school and I am quite fond of the Arthurian stories, but that's why my critical eye sees them as "stories." There is close to nothing arguing that anything there is historical fact. What makes fiction about the Romano-British more interesting than say...the historically attested Domain of Soissons or even the Pannonian Romans about whom we have archaeological evidence of surviving as late as the 8th century? If we knew that CA would spend the next two years patching and creating DLC for Attila then I'd eventually become open to the idea of a Romano-British 'story' but the current evidence points towards there only being two DLCs left before CA goes into full on Warhammer mode so would it not be more logical to want to see them used to better fill out gaping holes (Eastern Europe/Middle East) in the main campaign? Britain, by contrast, is already a very well depicted island of 3 full provinces, tons of playable factions (Celts, Jutes, Saxons, Romans, etc), and lo and behold! - a "Britain" faction that arises there when the WRE loses control of the region.

A King Arthur campaign would almost be redundant.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

You have to assume the layman would be more interested in Arthurian DLC than the Domain of Soissons or Pannonian Romans. And let's face it they will.

I doubt many people have heard of the last two.

Look at Rome 2's DLC - Hannibal and Sparta. Huge names outside of history circles.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast