Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman vs Superman Teaser Trailer released

Default Re: Jesse Eisenberg cast as Lex Luthor for Batman vs Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    [...] not that I or anyone else can recall what WW has for super powers.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...mmonSuperPower

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    ScarJo? Bustier? Pretty sure that would shred the time-space continuum. Fools! They know not what they do....
    She looks like a drawing. Scarlet certainly isn't the bustiest woman in the world, but there's nothing that needs to be altered.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

She'd have to come to my house and partake in my strict diet of raw steak and whiskey to even come close to the amount of whoop-ass Wonder Woman has to pack. Just sayin.
    144 raw eggs a day. Kosher.

I'm pretty sure if they look hard enough in her background Carano can be "Jewish." :
    Shes not big enough either. Women can't be as jacked as Wonder Woman and not look like transgenders. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Wonder Woman's breasts are small by comparison. It takes some serious psychic powers to project his Clark Kent persona as being meek and mild mannered.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; February 04, 2014 at 12:32 AM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Shes not big enough either. Women can't be as jacked as Wonder Woman and not look like transgenders. Not that there's anything wrong with it.
    . there are some on this very page. Fit women are sexier than skinny women. Not that WW is expected to have the upperbody strength of arnold just not have the attributes of a fifteen year old girl

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    Fit women are sexier than skinny women.
    Ever seen a tennis player? Or a runner? You really know about jack and about fitness.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Ever seen a tennis player? Or a runner? You really know about jack and about fitness.
    they are fit... lol. Did I say what kind of fit?

look at these legs, then compare them to Gal Gadots

Last edited by RedGuard; February 04, 2014 at 04:02 PM.

they are fit... lol. Did I say what kind of fit?
    They can be pretty damn skinny, and pretty damn fit at the same time. It's shocking I know. Live with it. Not every athlete is your muscled up "MMA Star Turned Actress I Wanted To Play Wonder Woman". It's something you'll have to get over.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

They can be pretty damn skinny, and pretty damn fit at the same time. It's shocking I know. Live with it. Not every athlete is your muscled up "MMA Star Turned Actress I Wanted To Play Wonder Woman". It's something you'll have to get over.
    wow. Talk about putting words in my mouth. I never said anything of the sort, I said simply that Gal Gadot is not fit at all by any standard. Skinny is not fit. You sir obviously know jack and about fitness considering you think being skinny means that you would be a good runner or tennis player.

Pĺsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    She still can pull of an acrobatic thief which catwoman is , the seductive part I think it's more subjective .

Seriously now I don't thin any super hero movies casting choices were so arguably bad or caused a lot of up stir .
    In the film she fights, climbs and do advanced acrobatics like she knows her business. All of which require a very good physique to pull off convincingly, which Hathaway simply lack. She therefore was not a convincing Catwoman, Which in turn ruined the whole character.

Yeah, because fitness comes from magical abilities, right? Who needs muscles and all that stuff. Obviously super skinny women are just as strong and enduring as men, and just as pretty as real women, because, you know, Hollywood says so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pĺsan View Post
    In the film she fights, climbs and do advanced acrobatics like she knows her business. All of which require a very good physique to pull off convincingly, which Hathaway simply lack. She therefore was not a convincing Catwoman, Which in turn ruined the whole character.
    Yeah but let's be honest, the previous Catwomen in movies weren't really different in that regard.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

I was trying to think of some alternatives for Gina Carano, who has both the acting chops (though I really don't think Carano is that bad) and the physique. But there's not a lot of contenders, are there?
    Sure, Carmen Diaz, Jessica Biel, Scarlett Johanssen and Michelle Rodriguez for example have all buffed up pretty impressively for some roles. Relative to their usual slender physiques that is.

But to really convincingly portray a physically strong woman? Not really. If I look at those four at their strongest, I'm still pretty sure I have a decent chance to overpower them (though not talking skill and I'm pretty certain they'd give me a hell of a fight and would kick your average office drone/couch potato's ass), and most people involved in a strength sport would be a lot stronger.

All that aside, Hollywood is really not looking for a fighter's physique, it's looking for T&A and/or a pretty face. It's a bit disappointing but there are worse things in the world.
    However equally disappointing is the incredible physique of Wonder Woman in the comics, and I mean incredible as in not credible. Either she does actually look like a beauty queen, for which Gadot is a perfectly fine actress, or she has a bodybuilder's physique with a huge rack, which is still not a real fighter's body as the combination of muscle mass and low fat percentage tends to affect breast size . (even Legio_italica's examples are not fighter physiques and really aren't that far off of many celebrities when in peak condition)
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Just saw this: http://batman-news.com/2014/02/04/dw...n-vs-superman/

make what you want of it but with all the other crazy casting it's not that big of a stretch. I Wonder how they are going to explain the size difference between The Rock and Superman if this is true. Affleck will look like a stick compared to him lol
    Last edited by RedGuard; February 04, 2014 at 06:53 PM.

Sounds like an utter disaster, but if they pick the right actors from the perspective of who people like it probably won't matter. At least not to other people like me.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I like the idea of re-inventing Lex as a young, bratty, "the social network" type of villain (which the way I assume they're going with him in this movie). It's a re-interpretation of the character that can prove to make Lex more relevant to our times, however, it may also make Supes look like a bully picking on the socially awkward dweeby kid if handled poorly.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

. there are some on this very page. Fit women are sexier than skinny women. Not that WW is expected to have the upperbody strength of arnold just not have the attributes of a fifteen year old girl
    Wonder Woman as drawn is bigger than the actual guy playing Superman... Ergo she needs to be scaled down.

Muscular women are not more attractive than thin women. That's absurd. Some small part of the population may prefer it. A larger part dislike it. The majority are probably indifferent as so far as a case by case basis is required.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; February 05, 2014 at 02:49 AM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Tennis players are hot .

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Wonder Woman as drawn is bigger than the actual guy playing Superman... Ergo she needs to be scaled down.

Muscular women are not more attractive than thin women. That's absurd. Some small part of the population may prefer it. A larger part dislike it. The majority are probably indifferent as so far as a case by case basis is required.
    She should still have some kind of physique. It's a bit of a head scratcher. Gal Gadot is stick thin. And no one is talking about bodybuilder status females. Women with muscles ARE attractive, increasingly so these days in fact. And it would be refreshing to see Hollywood support that for a change, instead of the typical rail thin girl who kicks ass. Regardless of her 'magic powers', it's tiresome. Women can have some muscle on their bodies and still look great. In fact, they're liable to look better naked than 'skinny' girls, because they are toned and have nice asses (if they squat). Women are always complaining about how they get the chicken arms and the flab and what not, no kidding. Walking on the tread mill isn't going to help with any of that. More women should lift, and Wonder Woman can be their role model to do it. Fitness models are usually a good middle ground between musculature and attractiveness.

Not saying either of them should be cast, only saying women can put on muscles and still look great. In fact for a while Jessica Biel was rocking a muscular physique. So the question is will they actually put Gal Gadot through an intense workout routine and will she actually bulk up a bit? Or are they just relying on a thin frame and pretty face per usual? My guess is the latter. I just think it's funny how women decry this sort of thing in films and state there is all this pressure for them to be skinny... cause you know, this is so much different for guys:

Which in reality is far harder to attain than any female celebrity's body at any given time. But men simply don't care. We don't feel that pressure. Nevertheless, women can still learn a thing of two from a beauty on screen that has some muscle and it might help to dispel some common misconceptions among them about weight training. Beyond that, if Hugh Jackman could get yoked up more and more for each Wolverine role then certainly we should be able to expect the same for a woman playing Wonder Woman. She doesn't have to be an MMA star. She just has to pick up a weight.
    Last edited by Captain Jin; February 05, 2014 at 10:03 AM.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

True, so it's a wonder why they got a skin-and-bones, non-athlete model to play something that needs more mass and a believable physique. Gadot isn't athletic, she's just a skeleton. Just look at her for chrissakes, it's the worst miscasting since Affleck as Batman

I swear to God if this is true... as if the Social Justice League wasn't bad enough....
    Last edited by Soviet; February 05, 2014 at 11:56 AM.

yeah for some reason when people say they like fit girls, or a fit WW for some reason they think of this:

No one is suggesting this lol.

Lol i guess you guys never seen a marathon runner, they are more fit, then alot of muscle ladies, and they still are skinny, being able to do athletic stuff, is one thing, to look fit, is another i guess, and it has alot to do with genetics, the natural form of the person, then actual any other thing.

Besides, what you expect from hollywood? lol

Im guessing Superman vs Batman, is canned, instead they are doing Justice league film.

Nevertheless, women can still learn a thing of two from a beauty on screen that has some muscle and it might help to dispel some common misconceptions among them about weight training
    Yeah right, im pretty sure its not up to them, if they get picked for film or not. Given there is variety out there, im certain the fault lies in the audience, or whomever calls the shots for this films. BUt i like your post, plz show more fitness examples
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 05, 2014 at 12:29 PM.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Besides, what you expect from hollywood? lol
    Truer words have never been said. This sentence sums up everything