Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Default Re: CAE Bugs&CTDs Thread

Yeah I am getting the same problem.
    None of the campaigns load they just CTD as soon as the loading bar is 100%.

Another thing, how come Lithuania isn't in the custom battle selection?

"War is only sweet to those who haven't experienced it" - Plato

Well, there is a file where you choose which factions appear in custom battles. Lithuania probably didn't have any room left.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Ok I'll check what's wrong and update accordingly
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Ok,Extract this zip into the vanilla Programfiles/SEGA/Data/Models_strat/textures directory.
    And try the campaign again, please let me know it worked or not.I will update the download.

Yeah Zeph it loaded the campaign up fine.

I haven't played through any turns but if it CTDs ill post up.

Quote Originally Posted by _]Blackfire[_ View Post
    Yeah Zeph it loaded the campaign up fine.

I haven't played through any turns but if it CTDs ill post up.
    Ok.So you entered the campaign allright.Updating the mod instantly.The ones that have downloaded use the fix in the above post and the ones that haven't downloaded yet Please don't DOWNLOAD until I upload it.Because I need to delete the current link in order to upload the fixed one.

It works!

All went fine in my testing.
    Last edited by iudas; June 10, 2007 at 02:11 PM.

Same here everything is looking great.

Glad to hear ,It says the upload will be completed in 20 minutes.

It's done DOWNLOAD UPDATED ALONG WITH THE FIX. Feel free to download now.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; June 10, 2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: UPDATE

This is one of the best mod ever tried (along with RTJ), if not the best (stable, new factions, islamic chicks, etc)... dunno if it's a bugg, may be better a suggestion: teutonic crusaders might have had a cross over the chest and not just a complete black dress. Other suggestion is if you can make the armies and agents to march a little longer distances when moving.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by george kings View Post
    This is one of the best mod ever tried (along with RTJ), if not the best (stable, new factions, islamic chicks, etc)... dunno if it's a bugg, may be better a suggestion: teutonic crusaders might have had a cross over the chest and not just a complete black dress. Other suggestion is if you can make the armies and agents to march a little longer distances when moving.
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the positive comment on the mod george kings,it's always good hearing someone praising the mod

The dress is not a bug it was intentioned.For the Teutonic Crusaders,when making the textures and messing with the colour and symbols theme,it suddenly hit me that this black dress would nicely represent the dark side and unruly nature of the Germanic Crusaders,for as sure as they were fighting in God's name they were individuals of fierce and chaotic nature.Also if you have read the unit description,you may agree that their dress and style fits their unit description better than the Cross.

For the marches as the mod uses the vanilla map,the movement points are sufficient.If I increase the movement points of the armies,people may face instant sieges coming from a long distance far away army suddenly.
    Or we might see spies as fast as the wind,absurdly spying Staufen and returning to it's faction's city very quickly which might prove to be kind of tasteless.However,minor tweaking may be applied in terms of movement points.

Hi all, and thanks for your work Zeph. I've a CTD at Great Campaign when click on a Lithuanian General. Playing MT2 spanish version with COE 1.0 downloaded today.

Quote Originally Posted by Benyi View Post
    Hi all, and thanks for your work Zeph. I've a CTD at Great Campaign when click on a Lithuanian General. Playing MT2 spanish version with COE 1.0 downloaded today.
    I see.So before you clicked Lithuanian general on campaign and nothing happened everything was normal,and then you click once again and it crashed?
    I will check the cas and model of lithuanian general,it has a different model and an exported cas so it may cause such CTDs maybe,if that is the case I'll change the CAS.Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    I see.So before you clicked Lithuanian general on campaign and nothing happened everything was normal,and then you click once again and it crashed?
    It was the first click. Just I began Campaign I was clicking all units to see the stats. Then clicked any Faction Family member and CTD. Thanks for your patience.

It was the first click. Just I began Campaign I was clicking all units to see the stats. Then clicked any Faction Family member and CTD. Thanks for your patience.
    I see... Ok.If you have any version of CAE before installing CAE 1.0,make sure you have it uninstalled,and after uninstallation please manually delete folders named :"CAE"
    Also check if in the directory:

"programfiles/SEGA/medieval2/data/models_strat/textures directory;

There should be a file called:"Northern_general_Lithuania_strat".tga...(something like that)

I've a file called late_general_lit_strat.tga

What must I do now?

I've a file called late_general_lit_strat.tga

What must I do now?
    Oh my..
    rename it to late_general_lithuania_strat.tga please and try again..It should be "lithuania" and not "lit" By the way this is most appaling how can it be as you wrote in your post,I clearly uploaded it as "lithuania" and not "lit".This is most absurd.I hope it will work once you change it.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; June 13, 2007 at 01:23 PM.

I hope too. Going to try now. Tomorrow I'll tell you if I'd a succes. Thanks for your patience.

I hope too. Going to try now. Tomorrow I'll tell you if I'd a succes. Thanks for your patience.
    Logically it should work now..You're welcome Benyi and don't hesitate to post in this thread any problems you come across.

Bad news, the bug is still alive. Now, more information, I only can select army units or cities. Clicking any General or Agent causes CTD...